Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,447 members, 7,819,649 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:54 PM

Nzuko Ndigbo! - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Nzuko Ndigbo! (7468 Views)

Olubadan-In-Council Declares Eze Ndigbo Illegal / Buhari; Ndigbo Nile Biko Bianu O. / Ndigbo Originated From Egypt, Jacob’s Son Is The Father Of Nri – Monarch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nzuko Ndigbo! by chidexy(m): 11:30am On Aug 28, 2011
Okposi (Ebonyi) ekene m unu. Nke onye n'eme, so ogaziara e
Re: Nzuko Ndigbo! by Afam4eva(m): 11:34am On Aug 28, 2011
@homerac
Abum onye Akunanaw(Nkanu).
Re: Nzuko Ndigbo! by grafikdon: 1:34pm On Aug 28, 2011
Ndu Ekwulobia no kana, asu m ka mu kene unu o! Ndikwene one unu mele? Ejim n'aka na iwve nine n'aga owvuma owvuma. smiley
Re: Nzuko Ndigbo! by homerac7: 2:42pm On Aug 28, 2011
@ Afam4eva,

Anyi bu cha ofu. A bu mu onye Affa , na Udi. Nno nwanne mu wink.
Re: Nzuko Ndigbo! by ONAIgbo: 1:33pm On Dec 05, 2011
[size=16pt]Otu Nzọpụta Asụsụ Igbo[/size] (ONAIgbo)

Nke a Bụ Ọkwa Dị Ezigbo Nkpa, nke sitere n'aka ndị ONAIgbo.

Igbo bụ Igbo, ekelee m ụnụ.

Ọ bụ oke ihe nwute na anyị hapụrụ asụsụ anyị, o wee na achọ ila n’efu . Ọkwa mba dị iche iche na asụ asụsụ ha? Asụsụ ndị Bekee dịrị ha, nke ndị Japanụ dịrị ha. Ndị Chaina, ndị Fụrenchị, nakwa ndị Ndia na asụgbado asụsụ ha n’otu n’otu.

A bịa na obodo Naijiriya, asụsụ ndị Yoruba dịrị ha, nke ndị Awụsa dịrị ha. Ndi Ịjọ n’asụ be ha, ndị Tivi nakwa asụ be ha.

Igbo bụ Igbo bikonụ, a sịrị m ka m jụọ; gịnị mere asụsụ anyị? Kedụ ka anyị ga esi na aza ndị Igbo, mana anyị amaghị Igbo asụ? Igbo bụ Igbo, ọ bụrụ na anyị ejighị ehihie were chọọ ewu dị oji, ọbụ na chi jie ka anyị ga achọtanwu ya? Igbo na aba aha sị, AHAMEFỤLA! Ndị asụsụ ha furu efu, bụ ndị aha ha furu efu. Ọ bụrụ na asụsụ Igbo fue, ndị Igbo efuela!

Chineke ekwela ihe ọjọọ. Ọ ga ajọgbu udele na njọ, ma sigbukwa nkakwụ na isi, ma ọ bụrụ na anyị hapụ asụsụ anyị ka ọ nwụọ.

Ọ na bụ m hụcha, edemede ụfọdụ a na edezi ugbua na aha asụsụ Igbo, anya miri anachọzị ịgba m. Echekwara m na anyị bụ ndị nwere akọ na uche? Biko nụ, ka anyị were otu obi, were nebaokwua anya.

ONAIgbo (Otu Nzọpụta Asụsụ Igbo), bụ otu ndị ihe gbasara ya bụ ajọ ọnọdụ asụsụ anyị nọ ugbua na e metụ n'obi rinne.

Na mgbe na adịghị anya, anyị ga eme ka ụnụ mata atụmatụ nakwa ebu m n'obi anyi gbasara ihe anyị nile ga eme, ka asụsụ anyị were dikwa ndụ ọzọ.

Ndewo nụ!

ONAIgbo kwenu! Igbo bụ asụsụ ọma!
ONAIgbo kwenu! Asụsụ anyị ga adịrị anyị!.
Igbo kwezuenu! Ọ gadịrị Igbo nma.

Kwado ONAIgbo.
Kpọtụrụ anyị na:
Igwe nkparị ụka (Kpọọ anyị ma ọbụ zitere anyị edemede): 0810 483 5458 (ngwụ, asatọ, otu, ngwụ, anọ, asatọ, atọ, ise, anọ, ise, asatọ)
Detara anyị ozi na "onaigbo@yahoo.com".
Anyị nọkwa na Akwụkwọ Ihu (http://www.facebook.com/ONAIgbo)
Re: Nzuko Ndigbo! by nedu210(m): 6:28pm On Dec 05, 2011
Awgu unu ejee o, mbanambor unu ejee o, ugbo mulu'm unu ejee o, enugu steti n'noo nu o. Igbo bu igbo, igbo mulu nze muo ozo, igbo enweyi mba eji atunyelu ya ekene'm, nke onye chilu ya zelu, onye si na ndigbo agayi adi onye ahu bulu okuko uzo hia ula. Ndigbo ekenekwemu unu.
Re: Nzuko Ndigbo! by NRIPRIEST(m): 1:19am On Dec 15, 2011
IDENMILI ekeneem unu rinne. Nke onye chilu nya nya zelu.
Igbo ndi oma mu ji aba nba udo dili unu.
Re: Nzuko Ndigbo! by odumchi: 1:45am On Dec 15, 2011
NRI PRIEST:

IDENMILI ekeneem unu rinne. Nke onye chilu nya nya zelu.
Igbo ndi oma mu ji aba nba udo dili unu.

Ndewo oo. Biko kowaturu anyi okwu inyi. Na iha idere m'na anu soso mbegiri mbegiri.
Re: Nzuko Ndigbo! by NRIPRIEST(m): 3:17pm On Dec 15, 2011
odumchi:

Ndewo oo. Biko kowaturu anyi okwu inyi. Na iha idere m'na anu soso mbegiri mbegiri.

Odumchi, other than the part where I mistakenly wrote"nya" twice I dont see whats hard there for you to understand. For you your info that Igbo I wrote in is the easiest and most understandable Igbo you can come accross. Its the Idenmili/onicha axis Igbo. If I can read your Aro dialect which I have never come accross anybody that speaks it, how come its hard for you to understand the easiest and sweetest spoken Igbo.
Re: Nzuko Ndigbo! by ChinenyeN(m): 3:53pm On Dec 15, 2011
NRI PRIEST:

how come its hard for you to understand the easiest and sweetest spoken Igbo.
heh. .
Re: Nzuko Ndigbo! by odumchi: 10:02pm On Dec 15, 2011
NRI PRIEST:

Odumchi, other than the part where I mistakenly wrote"nya" twice I dont see whats hard there for you to understand. For you your info that Igbo I wrote in is the easiest and most understandable Igbo you can come accross. Its the Idenmili/onicha axis Igbo. If I can read your Aro dialect which I have never come accross anybody that speaks it, how come its hard for you to understand the easiest and sweetest spoken Igbo.

Maybe your "sweet and easy" Igbo isn't as sweet and easy to everyone as it is to you grin. If you'd ask me, I'd say my own dialect would be the easiest, as opposed to yours just to show you that its merely a thing of opinion. If I had grown up where you did, I might not be asking this question . Anyway, I take it that you don't want to translate it.
Re: Nzuko Ndigbo! by NRIPRIEST(m): 2:22pm On Dec 17, 2011
odumchi:

Maybe your "sweet and easy" Igbo isn't as sweet and easy to everyone as it is to you grin. If you'd ask me, I'd say my own dialect would be the easiest, as opposed to yours just to show you that its merely a thing of opinion. If I had grown up where you did, I might not be asking this question . Anyway, I take it that you don't want to translate it.

most Igbos understand the Idenmili/Onicha dialect. I have came across different ppl from all part of Igbo land and they never have problem understanding my dialect because we are mostly the Igbos you will encounter in diaspora. And dont forget that the old Igbo church books,hynm books were originally written in the same Idenmili/Onicha Igbo.
People usually say that the original Igbo bible and church books were written in Onicha,but they forget whos dialect Onicha picked up after the exodus. Onicha ppl originally spoke Anioma Igbo before the moved to Anambra and got influenced. So,my question is what part of my Igbo did you not get ?
Re: Nzuko Ndigbo! by ChinenyeN(m): 7:09pm On Dec 17, 2011
You all don't know what you're saying. Ngwa is the sweetest and easiest grin
Re: Nzuko Ndigbo! by NRIPRIEST(m): 8:29pm On Dec 17, 2011
Most Ngwas that I have encountered in my time in Nigeria never spoke anything close to the gibberish you usually write here in other to keep a voice or promote your nearly dead dialect. They know that nobody will understand them when they speak because of their strange language.
The truth is that your unique "OKWU NGWA" will soon GO EXTINCT !!

Obulu na iwe wee gi,jee nuo mmili-onwu oku ka nwuolu onwe gi. .
Onye mmuo di ka gi !
Re: Nzuko Ndigbo! by asha80(m): 8:34pm On Dec 17, 2011
NRI PRIEST:

Most Ngwas that I have encountered in my time in Nigeria never spoke anything close to the gibberish you usually write here in other to keep a voice or promote your nearly dead dialect. They know that nobody will understand them when they speak because of their strange language.

Onye mmuo di ka gi !

you have serious issues
Re: Nzuko Ndigbo! by NRIPRIEST(m): 9:13pm On Dec 17, 2011
asha 80:

you have serious issues

Oga, please kowaa onwe gi!
Re: Nzuko Ndigbo! by ChinenyeN(m): 9:23pm On Dec 17, 2011
Most Ngwa you've encountered? Encountered where? In Abuja? ahahahaa Nnaa, just because you have ears, untrained to hear the rugged sweetness and ease of Ngwa, does not mean that you must throw a childish fit. ahn ahn. . Even, in my own honest opinion, I doubt you've even met many Ngwa to begin with. Ngwa people are good at not letting you know that they are Ngwa. That alone is enough for me to doubt your ability to even identify Ngwa when it's spoken, which in turn is enough for me to doubt that you even know what Ngwa is. So enyi, just cool-uo down. You're raising your own blood pressure unnecessarily. grin

I still maintain that Ngwa remains the sweetest and easiest cheesy
Re: Nzuko Ndigbo! by odumchi: 10:56pm On Dec 17, 2011
Onwa o ngeni? What's all this? grin

Seriously, you guys are too funny. There's an element of truth in what most of you guys are saying. In reference to Chinenye's statement it is true that many Ngwa people won't tell you that they're Ngwa until you either:
A) ask
or
B) go to their homes.
A family friend of mine came to my house and we both conversed in Igbo. She spoke Umuahia dialect/Central Igbo while I spoke Arochukwu. In my mind, I was thinking that she was from Umuahia or Imo state. At her home, I felt like I was in Osisioma Ngwa. I was surprised to find out that she spoke pure Ngwa to her children and what not but to non-Ngwa she spoke Central Igbo. So yeah, its not only Ngwa that are like that but most Igbos. When with others, they speak Central Igbo but when in the midst of their own they speak their dialects.

As for you Nri Priest, I have to admit, I find Idenmilli interesting and "sweet" in it's own way. Normally, Anamra dialects are easy to understand but they have their exceptions. In reference to what you wrote: what's "rinne"? Is it the same as "nile"? And when you wrote "onye chilu ya zelu", is it the same thing as "onye chiri ya zere"? And lastly what significance does that statement have. I understand the literal but what's is the idiomatic expression behind it?
Re: Nzuko Ndigbo! by nedu210(m): 12:33am On Dec 18, 2011
@ odumchi i dint see any thing hard in what nri priest wrote, its not hard to understand. He wrote RINNE which in central igbo its nke ukwuu or ukwuu depending on what u want 2 say. And NYA which is ya. Zelu, Zere,zeru and zele al means the same. All igbo dialect are great, non is better than the other that the beauty of igbo language.
Re: Nzuko Ndigbo! by asha80(m): 1:04am On Dec 18, 2011
odumchi:

Onwa o ngeni? What's all this? grin

Seriously, you guys are too funny. There's an element of truth in what most of you guys are saying. In reference to Chinenye's statement it is true that many Ngwa people won't tell you that they're Ngwa until you either:
A) ask
or
B) go to their homes.
A family friend of mine came to my house and we both conversed in Igbo. She spoke Umuahia dialect/Central Igbo while I spoke Arochukwu. In my mind, I was thinking that she was from Umuahia or Imo state. At her home, I felt like I was in Osisioma Ngwa. I was surprised to find out that she spoke pure Ngwa to her children and what not but to non-Ngwa she spoke Central Igbo. So yeah, its not only Ngwa that are like that but most Igbos. When with others, they speak Central Igbo but when in the midst of their own they speak their dialects.

As for you Nri Priest, I have to admit, I find Idenmilli interesting and "sweet" in it's own way. Normally, Anamra dialects are easy to understand but they have their exceptions. In reference to what you wrote: what's "rinne"? Is it the same as "nile"? And when you wrote "onye chilu ya zelu", is it the same thing as "onye chiri ya zere"? And lastly what significance does that statement have. I understand the literal but what's is the idiomatic expression behind it?

reminds me of a friend i grew up in owerri with.he is from ohafia but spoke the general igbo been spoken in owerri but whenever i visit his home and he starts discussing with his parents i would not be able to understand 50% of what they are saying
Re: Nzuko Ndigbo! by NRIPRIEST(m): 1:20am On Dec 18, 2011
Let me start with the die hard Ngwa boy; I have encountered Ngwa people in lagos,benin,jos and here in states. I even took math with one Ngwa boy who just relocated from Aba with his parents. I know when an Abia man speaks and when an Imo person talks. And that one about Ngwa ppl not fond of disclosing their identity to a stranger is a stinking lies that you tell to a shiit eating dog! Secondly, I never said the Ngwas that I have met spoke their "okwu“. So, calm down and read my post again.

Odumchi, I have never met an Aro man who spoke the original dialect but when I first saw what you wrote, I gradually read it and almost understood everything you wrote and this is a dialect I have never came across before. I will tell you unequivocally  that the reason why you called what I wrote "mbegiri,mbegiri" is because you are not willing to read it but you expect me an Anambrarian to understand your little known Aro dialect.
99% of ANAIGBO understands the Idenmili/Onicha dialect and thats what I speak and originated from.
As for the translation,NEDU210 has translated almost everything; "rinne" means; in abundance or in a bunch.
" Nya" means;let it. The phrase "nke onye chilu nya zelu" simply refers to when you are greeting a group of people especially in Anambra where we have lots of titled men as a result of NZE na OZO, you probably wont wanna greet every single person there in their titled name,so,in other to greet this ppl in a nutshell you will say "nke onye chilu ya zelu",who loosely means; I greet everybody in their titled name and class. See me, Igbo hardooo!
Re: Nzuko Ndigbo! by asha80(m): 1:35am On Dec 18, 2011
NRI PRIEST:

Let me start with the die hard Ngwa boy; I have encountered Ngwa people in lagos,benin,jos and here in states. I even took math with one Ngwa boy who just relocated from Aba with his parents. I know when an Abia man speaks and when an Imo person talks. And that one about Ngwa ppl not fond of disclosing their identity to a stranger is a stinking lies that you tell to a shiit eating dog! Secondly, I never said the Ngwas that I have met spoke their "okwu“. So, calm down and read my post again.

Odumchi, I have never met an Aro man who spoke the original dialect but when I first saw what you wrote, I gradually read it and almost understood everything you wrote and this is a dialect I have never came across before. I will tell you unequivocally  that the reason why you called what I wrote "mbegiri,mbegiri" is because you are not willing to read it but you expect me an Anambrarian to understand your little known Aro dialect.
99% of ANAIGBO understands the Idenmili/Onicha dialect and thats what I speak and originated from.
As for the translation,NEDU210 has translated almost everything; "rinne" means; in abundance or in a bunch.
" Nya" means;let it. The phrase "nke onye chilu nya zelu" simply refers to when you are greeting a group of people especially in Anambra where we have lots of titled men as a result of NZE na OZO, you probably wont wanna greet every single person there in their titled name,so,in other to greet this ppl in a nutshell you will say "nke onye chilu ya zelu",who loosely means; I greet everybody in their titled name and class. See me, Igbo hardooo!

and this is necessary?
Re: Nzuko Ndigbo! by odumchi: 1:46am On Dec 18, 2011
NRI PRIEST:

There's no need to feel offended. "Mbegiri Mbegiri" only means "pieces". I said I only understood "pieces" of what you wrote. Na wa o. All this nsolgbu just because I asked for a translation.  shocked Anyway thanks for breaking it down.
Re: Nzuko Ndigbo! by ChinenyeN(m): 1:49am On Dec 18, 2011
NRI PRIEST:

Secondly, I never said the Ngwas that I have met spoke their "okwu“.

Sooooooooo essentially you're admitting that you can't even identify Ngwa when you hear it. So what's the point in you saying "most Ngwas that I have encountered in my time in Nigeria never spoke anything close to the gibberish you usually write here"? This one statement conveys some sort of understanding that you allegedly have some knowledge of what Ngwa is or sounds like, but you're hinting at otherwise in the quote above.

LOL Nwa Nri just lia la whne ojoo hahaha. Next time, if you want to reply to any comment I write about okwu Ngwa, make sure you are at least familiar with the simplest of Ngwa sentences.
Re: Nzuko Ndigbo! by ChinenyeN(m): 1:52am On Dec 18, 2011
I laugh whole-heartedly in the thickest, most rugged, and sweetest Ngwa I can muster grin cheesy
Re: Nzuko Ndigbo! by Obiagu1(m): 3:20am On Dec 18, 2011
NRI PRIEST:

Onye mmuo di ka gi !

Gibberish is the right word. As a matter of fact, the so called Ngwa is not written unlike other Igbos. Where in Igboland does bh, hn, etc written together if the writer is not overly divisive? When did we start written like the Bini people?

As far as I know, the so called Ngwa can be written with similar letters as those of other Igbo dialects for everyone to understand. When you write bh, hn, etc, who do you expect to read it?
Re: Nzuko Ndigbo! by Obiagu1(m): 3:32am On Dec 18, 2011
@ Odumchi, what NRI PRIEST wrote is near Igbo Izugbe so it's surprising you asked for a translation.
You could have been able to get a meaning out of what he wrote without asking for translation as he never used anything out of other.

IDENMILI ekeneem unu rinne = Idenmili ekenem unu nke oma = Idenmilu I great you all very well
Nke onye chilu nya nya zelu. = Nke onye chili ya zaa = Whatever title one holds he should answer
Igbo ndi oma mu ji aba nba udo dili unu. = Igbo ndi oma mu ji aba nba, udo dili unu = The good people of Igbo extraction I brag about, let peace be unto you.

I might have got a few out of other, but generally the meaning was clear as anything. Compare Idenmili with the Igbo izugbe beside it.
Re: Nzuko Ndigbo! by ChinenyeN(m): 3:40am On Dec 18, 2011
Lol Lionheart. Yes, you are correct. As far as YOU know.

Obiagu1:

When you write bh, hn, etc, who do you expect to read it?
Well, none of the Ngwa here have complained about an inability to read/comprehend what I write. Whenever they respond, they actually respond accordingly when I write what I write. So, I don't see what the problem is. After all, m di iri la hnwe gh'? cheesy grin
Re: Nzuko Ndigbo! by Obiagu1(m): 3:46am On Dec 18, 2011
ChinenyeN:

Well, none of the Ngwa here have complained about an inability to read/comprehend what I write. Whenever they respond, they actually respond accordingly when I write what I write. So, I don't see what the problem is. After all, m di iri la hnwe gh? cheesy grin

. . . then why post it on an Igbo thread if it was meant for Ngwa and only Ngwa people's comprehensive?
Re: Nzuko Ndigbo! by ChinenyeN(m): 3:50am On Dec 18, 2011
Hold on. I never said it was meant for only Ngwa people. Anyone who will understand, let him understand.
Also, trust me. If I wanted to make my writing for Ngwa and Ngwa only, you would definitely know, because the 'gibberish' I write now isn't even that deep.
Re: Nzuko Ndigbo! by Obiagu1(m): 3:54am On Dec 18, 2011
Ndi be anyi, ekene m unu. Udo dili unu na ndi ezinauno unu.
A bu m nwa Neni na Anambra.

A si kama onu na-eri ga akwusi iri, nke na eribero, ya wee ndidi.

Udo dili unu.
Re: Nzuko Ndigbo! by NRIPRIEST(m): 4:04am On Dec 18, 2011
This whole brouhaha started because Odumchi couldnt read nor want to read my Idenmili/Onicha Igbo and told me tha I speak in "pieces", and I wasnt shy to tell him that the dialet is one of the  most easily understood.
Ngwa boy slow down, there is a reason why I said that  those I have met dont speak like what you write here! I here them conversate sometimes but I thought the language was very different but they speak very fluent Imo/Umuahia Igbo. Maybe be they are from different lineage but they are Igbos today and nothing can change that! But the language is not fun to speak.lol  Stop calling people ignorant,little boy!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Test Your IQ By Transforming This Emoji To Yoruba Proverb / Tale Of Joromi Bini/edo / Join This Group Today: Lilo Ewe Ati Egbo Ati Eranko (herbs; The Magic Healer)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.