Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,119 members, 7,814,925 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:42 PM

Need A German Visa Appointment ASAP. How Do I Go About It? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Need A German Visa Appointment ASAP. How Do I Go About It? (533 Views)

Living In Germany/life As A GERMAN Immigrant / German Visa For A Language Course / Living In Germany/life As A German Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need A German Visa Appointment ASAP. How Do I Go About It? by KolaSteven(m): 12:27am On Mar 29, 2022
Hello NLers,

I have a tech conference coming up in Berlin between April 11 to April 13, and I am scheduled as a speaker there. I just got my invitation letter from the organization in charge of the conference a few hours ago (due to my passport production being delayed) and I have filled out the Schengen Visa application form. I also understand all the other docs needed for the appointment and how to get them.

Unfortunately, when I tried to schedule an appointment using this link (https://service2.diplo.de/rktermin/extern/appointment_showMonth.do?locationCode=lago&realmId=347&categoryId=564&dateStr=19.03.2022), I discovered that there's no appointment slot right till the end of April.

Is there any other way I could go about this? I already gave my word that I'll be at the conference.

NB: This is the first time I'd be traveling beyond Nigeria - I have mostly had my events virtually due to the pandemic.

Thank you!
Re: Need A German Visa Appointment ASAP. How Do I Go About It? by KolaSteven(m): 6:49am On Mar 29, 2022
Commenting on this so it stays up. I'd really appreciate any helpful suggestion RN, thank you.
Re: Need A German Visa Appointment ASAP. How Do I Go About It? by Mide3367: 7:37am On Mar 29, 2022
You said something about delay in getting your international passport. I guess that made the visa interview scheduling came late. This is the reasons I do advise young men and woman to always get all basic documents in handy because you never can tell when it will be needed. My first of travelling abroad was in 2018 to UAE for an Aviation conference. It was a week notice I had. Had it been i don't have my passport in hand, I am definitely loosing that opportunity. I did my NIN in 2015 for free only to see my mates scrambling to do theirs in 2021 for sim card binding at exorbitant fees. Me no get answer to your question but let's ask Lalasticlala mynd44 Dominique to take to front page for wider view.

3 Likes

Re: Need A German Visa Appointment ASAP. How Do I Go About It? by KolaSteven(m): 9:50am On Mar 29, 2022
Mide3367:
You said something about delay in getting your international passport. I guess that made the visa interview scheduling came late. This is the reasons I do advise young men and woman to always get all basic documents in handy because you never can tell when it will be needed. My first of travelling abroad was in 2018 to UAE for an Aviation conference. It was a week notice I had. Had it been i don't have my passport in hand, I am definitely loosing that opportunity. I did my NIN in 2015 for free only to see my mates scrambling to do theirs in 2021 for sim card binding at exorbitant fees. Me no get answer to your question but let's ask Lalasticlala mynd44 Dominique to take to front page for wider view.

Yeah, you are right. I had an inkling that I'd probably travel a lot this year since last year and I duly applied for the passport last year's August in Abeokuta. But I went through the DIY route and it got delayed since no immigration official was paid to help me push it forward.

Hopefully, a mod helps push this to the front-page

(1) (Reply)

Togo Officially Opens Land Border After 2 Years / New Face Of Murtala Muhammed Airport Terminal MMA 2 / Assessment Of Ongoing Work At Ikeja Underpass Linking To Ikeja Train Station

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.