Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,106 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:10 PM

Is It A Must For Private Car Owner To Have Road Worthiness? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Is It A Must For Private Car Owner To Have Road Worthiness? (16738 Views)

Private Car Owners Turn Commercial To Augment Fuel Money / Lagos Installs More Cameras To Track Vehicle Certificates, Road Worthiness / Private Car Owners Do Not Need Roadworthiness Issued By VIO - Appeal Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It A Must For Private Car Owner To Have Road Worthiness? by sharpwriter(m): 4:03pm On Mar 29, 2022
9jayes:
76% of vehicles here in Ibadan are Road Worthless
I saw a Micra today.... the thing be like e get K leg. E be like that Deer/Antelope meme wey the hind legs dey go left while the fore leg dey go right cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Is It A Must For Private Car Owner To Have Road Worthiness? by richard870(m): 4:05pm On Mar 29, 2022
Oh, sure
Re: Is It A Must For Private Car Owner To Have Road Worthiness? by miketayo(m): 4:06pm On Mar 29, 2022
Is the road worthy of the car sef

2 Likes

Re: Is It A Must For Private Car Owner To Have Road Worthiness? by mywells: 4:07pm On Mar 29, 2022
diportivo:

where is the memo please?

and kindly relate it with the thread itself

let's learn
if you're driving a car in Abuja and you number plate is Lagos definitely you need to come to Lagos for update every time it's expires.
Re: Is It A Must For Private Car Owner To Have Road Worthiness? by ckmayoca: 4:07pm On Mar 29, 2022
9jayes:

Move out of that your oje area .
Re: Is It A Must For Private Car Owner To Have Road Worthiness? by Exumal: 4:09pm On Mar 29, 2022
9jayes:

Especially those Micra and buses, they will surely poison one with partially combusted air if one attempts boarding any.
Re: Is It A Must For Private Car Owner To Have Road Worthiness? by Tapout(m): 4:15pm On Mar 29, 2022
izzou:
Road Worthiness is for all vehicles, sir... whether private or commercial

They are actually right

But they seem to only be after private cars. There's no commercial bus in Nigeria today that is roadworthy. Let me not talk about trucks.

3 Likes

Re: Is It A Must For Private Car Owner To Have Road Worthiness? by EZENDIZUOGU(m): 4:17pm On Mar 29, 2022
Roadworthiness does not solve any problem but rather a source of government revenue. How many accident has they prevented through roadworthiness ?

2 Likes

Re: Is It A Must For Private Car Owner To Have Road Worthiness? by sonofthunder: 4:22pm On Mar 29, 2022
obembet:
https://www.nairaland.com/6498572/private-car-owners-not-need

I saw a thread here last year April when Court of appeal stop VIO from asking Private cars for road worthiness but the rivers state police and task force are above the law.

Road worthiness is one of the the serious issue River State private car owners are facing with police joined with River State revenue task force.

The task force joined with police are now forcing people to do road worthiness which is #6000. Even if you tell them that road worthiness is not for Private cars, they will collect your particulars and your driver's license with the help of police.

Currently we don't know if they will add hacken permit for private car owners in river state.

Imagine road worthiness alone is 6000.

4500 for road worthiness, 1750 for MOT ( ministry of transportation)

Hacken carriage is already being made compulsory in Delta
Re: Is It A Must For Private Car Owner To Have Road Worthiness? by airsaylongcome: 4:26pm On Mar 29, 2022
I'm stunned that people are questioning road worthiness for private vehicles!

It's like saying air worthiness should apply only to commercial aircrafts but not to Private Jets.
Re: Is It A Must For Private Car Owner To Have Road Worthiness? by oneMalik: 4:30pm On Mar 29, 2022
which kind court be that wey go stop private vehicle from geting ROAD WORTHINES ?

from my observation is number 1 paper you must get. how on earth will someone drive a NON-ROAD WORTHY VEHICLE ?

The cost is what I will never support . thats too hight for someone like me and average Nigerian .

By right one need to take his/her vehicle to VIO office and thier job is to inspect it and see if what you brought can still be ok on the road for the next 6months or 1 year..... why that kind of big money ?
Re: Is It A Must For Private Car Owner To Have Road Worthiness? by Arkmanbuddy(m): 4:31pm On Mar 29, 2022
9jayes:

Where did you get your stats?
Re: Is It A Must For Private Car Owner To Have Road Worthiness? by nedekid: 4:39pm On Mar 29, 2022
izzou:
Road Worthiness is for all vehicles, sir... whether private or commercial

They are actually right
A court in edo or delta state ruled against it, saying private vehicles do not require the certificate, only commercial ones.
Re: Is It A Must For Private Car Owner To Have Road Worthiness? by McLizbae: 4:41pm On Mar 29, 2022
But when you consider the Nigerian roads, you will agree that the roads are actually not vehicle worthy at all.
9jayes:

1 Like

Re: Is It A Must For Private Car Owner To Have Road Worthiness? by AKWATGOLD1(m): 4:42pm On Mar 29, 2022
Mr. Obembet, Pls seek clarification very well before coming to public place. The rational behind Joint Task Force and Police request for Road Worthiness from private car onwers in Rivers State is to generate revenue for Ministry of Transport for N1,750.00. The receipt and evidence of payment of N1,750.00 must be attached to your Roadworthiness.
obembet:

I saw a thread here last year April when Court of appeal stop VIO from asking Private cars for road worthiness but the rivers state police and task force are above the law.

Road worthiness is one of the the serious issue River State private car owners are facing with police joined with River State revenue task force.

The task force joined with police are now forcing people to do road worthiness which is #6000. Even if you tell them that road worthiness is not for Private cars, they will collect your particulars and your driver's license with the help of police.

Currently we don't know if they will add hacken permit for private car owners in river state.

Re: Is It A Must For Private Car Owner To Have Road Worthiness? by BJanta: 4:51pm On Mar 29, 2022
obembet:

Wike needs money to run his presidential bid now, abi what do you mean.
Re: Is It A Must For Private Car Owner To Have Road Worthiness? by Ijaya123: 4:51pm On Mar 29, 2022
tekjansen2:
I know it is a pain, but roadworthiness is very very necessary.

The thing is, a lot of accidents in this country are caused by badly maintained cars.

Best to have standards, even if it makes us uncomfortable.

How many vehicles that have Roadworthiness Certificate are actually road worthy in the real sense of it?

And how many of our roads are Vehicle worthy?

1 Like

Re: Is It A Must For Private Car Owner To Have Road Worthiness? by Nobody: 4:52pm On Mar 29, 2022
How many times you went for Roadworthiness paper renewal and the licencing office inspected your vehicle? The paper is not to keep unworthy cars out but just to make revenue for government.
tekjansen2:

The thing is, a lot of accidents in this country are caused by badly maintained cars.

2 Likes

Re: Is It A Must For Private Car Owner To Have Road Worthiness? by Kajaard: 4:53pm On Mar 29, 2022
What a question undecided
Re: Is It A Must For Private Car Owner To Have Road Worthiness? by SKhanmi: 4:58pm On Mar 29, 2022
Reading the comments on this page & shaking my head. I have no problems with the private cars but have you people entered any danfo recently? These things are mostly to generate revenue for the govt.

3 Likes

Re: Is It A Must For Private Car Owner To Have Road Worthiness? by DarkJeddi(m): 5:01pm On Mar 29, 2022
tekjansen2:

How many of said cars were actually inspected before being issued with one? shocked
Re: Is It A Must For Private Car Owner To Have Road Worthiness? by Godispeace: 5:03pm On Mar 29, 2022
which kind yeye question be this na? this kids of nowadays sef
Re: Is It A Must For Private Car Owner To Have Road Worthiness? by joyfullyjoyous(f): 5:04pm On Mar 29, 2022
Done roads are not car worthy too so who pays who in that case?

1 Like

Re: Is It A Must For Private Car Owner To Have Road Worthiness? by Nobody: 5:04pm On Mar 29, 2022
DarkJeddi:
How many of said cars were actually inspected before being issued with one? shocked

Mine is!
Re: Is It A Must For Private Car Owner To Have Road Worthiness? by DarkJeddi(m): 5:05pm On Mar 29, 2022
tekjansen2:

Mine is!
Well,yours is an odd one..
For this Naija wey we dey. undecided
Re: Is It A Must For Private Car Owner To Have Road Worthiness? by yesloaded: 5:12pm On Mar 29, 2022
9jayes:

How you take do your survey?

Re: Is It A Must For Private Car Owner To Have Road Worthiness? by BJanta: 5:12pm On Mar 29, 2022
BlueRayDick:
The truth is road worthiness is only required for commercial vehicles going by the recent appeal court judgement. However, you need to wait for the case to get to supreme court and seen to afinal before you start confronting VIO/Police officers.

When supreme court uploads the appeal court judgement VIO won't have a choice but to comply, otherwise they will be breaking the law when they ask a private vehicle owner for road worthiness

No, you maintain the status quote until the case is finally retired. Besides, road worthiness has always been required for vehicles only. I've been driving for long here in the Southwest, nobody has ever asked me for road worthiness. The same is so for all my friends and relatives. They don't require private vehicles to carry road worthiness here. Politicians are just insanely wicked people running government for their own welfare.
Re: Is It A Must For Private Car Owner To Have Road Worthiness? by seunayantokun(m): 5:26pm On Mar 29, 2022
If a vehicle is not roadworthy, what is it doing on the road? Safety matters and every vehicle must be duly certified to be roadworthy.
Re: Is It A Must For Private Car Owner To Have Road Worthiness? by BlueRayDick: 5:32pm On Mar 29, 2022
BJanta:

No, you maintain the status quote until the case is finally retired. Besides, road worthiness has always been required for vehicles only. I've been driving for long here in the Southwest, nobody has ever asked me for road worthiness. The same is so for all my friends and relatives. They don't require private vehicles to carry road worthiness here. Politicians are just insanely wicked people running government for their own welfare.

VIO arrest people for road worthiness in Lagos. In fact , presently they make it compulsory that u take ur vehicle down to LACVIS inspection centre before issuing the road worthiness certificate

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

This Is Why You Should Not Drive Your Automatic Cars With Both Feet / My Bitter Experience With VIO Officials In Abuja - Affi Bassey / Is Lexus IS 250 A Good Buy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.