Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,903 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:42 AM

I Can't Repent Again, Help! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Can't Repent Again, Help! (455 Views)

I Blasphem Against The Holy Ghost And I Can't Repent Again / Help! I Can't Pray For A Long Period / "I Have Seen My House In Heaven, I Can't Wait To Go" - Pastor Adeboye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Can't Repent Again, Help! by ThankGodFriday(m): 7:23pm On Mar 29, 2022
If I pray for repentance, I don't feel the spirit of God in me.

What should I do?
Re: I Can't Repent Again, Help! by LilMissFavvy(f): 7:47pm On Mar 29, 2022
If you have been sinning consciously and taking God for granted, maybe you feel after all you can pray for forgiveness at anytime, so you keep sinning consciously, then it could be the reason. Don't give up, Continue to pray and ask for forgiveness. I was shocked to see a young pastor who lives a life of sins, according to him, grace covers him, he doesn't make much attempt to live holy. How funny.
Re: I Can't Repent Again, Help! by Steep: 8:09pm On Mar 29, 2022
ThankGodFriday:

What should I do?
Repentance is to forsake your ways and accept God's way.
God's way is to believe on Jesus.

John 6:29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

1 John 5:13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

If you have put your faith in christ you are born of God and you are righteous. However, God works in you to bring out the life of Jesus in you and you ishould in turn subject yourself to this work.

Error the holy spirit does not work by feelings, stop depending on feelings but on the word of God

1 Like

Re: I Can't Repent Again, Help! by cornelboy(f): 10:59pm On Mar 29, 2022
ThankGodFriday:
What should I do?

If you're waiting to get that feeling that the spirit of God is in you, it won't do you good.

Your feelings are your feelings.

All you need to do is sincerely pray to the Father once without repetition.
Always study and meditate the Bible to help you fight temptations. Have faith in Yahweh God and your trust completely in Him.

God doesn't just gives his holy spirit to anyone nowadays wink

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: I Can't Repent Again, Help! by IrepChrist: 4:38am On Mar 30, 2022
ThankGodFriday:

What should I do?

Go for a retreat. Isolate your self pray for a personal revival.

1 Like

Re: I Can't Repent Again, Help! by xproducer: 4:41am On Mar 30, 2022
ThankGodFriday:

What should I do?

===

Keep humbly asking the Lord GOD for mercy and stay in the Holy word of GOD - the Bible!

"If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed. For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord." - James 1:5-8

"Pray without ceasing." - 1 Thessalonians 5:17

"The Lord is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit." - Psalm 34:18

"The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise." - Psalm 51:17
Re: I Can't Repent Again, Help! by Kobojunkie: 5:29am On Mar 30, 2022
ThankGodFriday:
What should I do?
Please stop living in a deluded state. Jesus Christ never said anything about "feeling" the spirit of God in your person you choose ti turn away from your old ways to begin following the New Way(the New Covenant), Jesus Christ. So I am not certain where you get the idea that a feeling is involved as far as repentance. undecided

I suggest you go back and read the 4 Gospels as many time as is necessary to help you dislodge of yourself the lies and delusions that have been fed you by false teachers and false prophets, so you can instead begin following God's way as He meant it to be from over 2000 years ago. undecided
Re: I Can't Repent Again, Help! by Blue86(m): 7:44am On Mar 30, 2022
Forgiveness is received.
Not felt.
You live by faith, not feelings.

Please read Hebrews 8 : 12
And believe what it says, and go on living for Christ.
Re: I Can't Repent Again, Help! by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:14am On Mar 30, 2022
ThankGodFriday:

If I pray for repentance, I don't feel the spirit of God in me. What should I do?

It's because you've not been healed!

God's word says:

Is any among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord; and the prayer of faith will save the sick man, and the Lord will raise him up; and if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven! James 5:14-15

So my friend you need the help of the elders in God's organization to get cured spiritually, Jesus said where two or three are gathered in his name he will be present {Matthew 18:20} of course with Jesus in the midst of the elders of God's congregation praying for you your sins are forgiven! Matthew 5:20; 9:2 smiley
Re: I Can't Repent Again, Help! by Ken4Christ: 6:29pm On Mar 30, 2022
ThankGodFriday:

What should I do?

It's not about feeling. Don't live by your feeling. We walk by faith in the word of God. And God's word says he is faithful and just to forgive you and cleanse you from all unrighteousness - 1st John 1:9. Just accepted it by faith that you have been forgiven. You don't have to feel anything.
Re: I Can't Repent Again, Help! by Jackanda1(m): 9:53pm On Jan 02
LilMissFavvy:
If you have been sinning consciously and taking God for granted, maybe you feel after all you can pray for forgiveness at anytime, so you keep sinning consciously, then it could be the reason. Don't give up, Continue to pray and ask for forgiveness. I was shocked to see a young pastor who lives a life of sins, according to him, grace covers him, he doesn't make much attempt to live holy. How funny.
Is it possible to come out of this mess? Do you know anyone who came out of these?
Re: I Can't Repent Again, Help! by Patchamb: 10:43pm On Jan 02
I'm new to this forum but this sounds like someone is trolling.

1 Like

Re: I Can't Repent Again, Help! by Ken4Christ: 12:26am On Jan 03
ThankGodFriday:

What should I do?

You don't walk by feelings. You walk by faith. And faith is based on God's word. And God's word says that God is faithful and just to forgive you and cleanse you from all unrighteousness it you confess your sins. So, believe God's word and not you feelings.
Re: I Can't Repent Again, Help! by LilMissFavvy(f): 5:21am On Jan 03
Yes..... very possible
Jackanda1:
Is it possible to come out of this mess? Do you know anyone who came out of these?
Re: I Can't Repent Again, Help! by Jackanda1(m): 5:45am On Jan 03
LilMissFavvy:
Yes..... very possible
Just like OP, I declared myself an atheist few years ago and went about sinning and blaspheming Jesus,God and the Bible.

I always had it in mind that God would simply forgive any time i choose to go back to Him. The holyspirit warned, but i took Him for granted.

When i tried to come back to God, i couldn't repent from the heart anymore(this is hard to explain to a believer, but it isn't you but the holyspirit that opens your heart to true repentance), i lost my consiousness of sin and the presence/voice of the Holyspirit, even faith disapeared from my heart. I even got tormented by demons etc.

As of today, i am waiting for full restoration.
Re: I Can't Repent Again, Help! by Emmanuel30a: 10:21am On Jan 03
ThankGodFriday:

What should I do?
Pents, if you can't repents...

(1) (Reply)

How Pastor Keeps Dozens Of Nigerians In Church In Preparation For ‘rapture’ / The Synagogue of Satan aka The Jews / The Moment Condoms Fell Off A Pastor's Pocket (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.