Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,274 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:20 AM

Help! I Can't Pray For A Long Period - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Help! I Can't Pray For A Long Period (18350 Views)

What To Do When You Can't Pray / We Pray Against Witches And Village People But Can't Pray Against Bad Government / HELP; I Can't Pray Any More. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! I Can't Pray For A Long Period by IntroVAT: 7:15am On Mar 08, 2020
So, in church during the prayer session, and after the prayer topic has been introduced, I find I can't pray for more than 30 seconds, 1 minute tops.

After that, I have nothing else to say. Yet I see others praying until whoever is leading the session intervenes and introduces another prayer topic.

What exactly are they saying for that long or are they just repeating themselves. I can't speak in tongues too, so that doesn't help my cause.

I also cannot pray loudly, I always whisper under my breath even when the pastor says to shout at the top of our voices, because that's just how I am.

Do these things I mentioned n hinder prayers from being answered?

Help

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help! I Can't Pray For A Long Period by NextD18: 7:19am On Mar 08, 2020
Prayer has no particular rule.

Pray the way you can and allow God answer you.

You mustn't emulate others by over-stressing yourself just to pray.

Pray with your mind and soul, even if it's for 30secs, God will answer if he chooses.

194 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Help! I Can't Pray For A Long Period by chatinent: 7:26am On Mar 08, 2020
Oga, pray for what you need.
What kind of human are you? You need tutorials or a handbook of prayer lines? Read Mat 6:9.

14 Likes

Re: Help! I Can't Pray For A Long Period by helinues: 7:26am On Mar 08, 2020
Pray with your hearts not with your tongue.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! I Can't Pray For A Long Period by Perfecttouchade: 7:29am On Mar 08, 2020
IntroVAT:
So, in church during the prayer session, and after the prayer topic has been introduced, I find I can't pray for more than 30 seconds, 1 minute tops. After that, I have nothing else to say. Yet I see others praying until whoevers leading the session intervenes and introduces another prayer topic. What exactly are they saying for that long or are they just repeating themselves. I can't speak in tongues too, so that doesn't help my cause.
I also cannot pray loudly, I always whisper under my breath even when the pastor says to shout at the top of our voices, because that's just how I am. Do these things I mention hinder prayers from being answered? Help
God listens to our heart as well, but just make sure your heart is clean...always ask for forgiveness of sins and Grace..make God answer all our prayers..have some praying hours even if it's just 5minutes, it will help revive your soul

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! I Can't Pray For A Long Period by voskia: 7:31am On Mar 08, 2020
what u need is a baptism of the holy spirit.. for the Bible says the same Spirit quickens our mortal bodies.. ask for that baptism from ur pastor .

26 Likes

Re: Help! I Can't Pray For A Long Period by 48noble(m): 7:35am On Mar 08, 2020
YPU NOT ALONE

11 Likes

Re: Help! I Can't Pray For A Long Period by edoairways: 7:51am On Mar 08, 2020
IntroVAT they don't however when you put more effort into a thing and you get results then use the same energy into prayers. The truth is those cool prayers doesn't work all the time especially when faced with difficult challenge. If you spent less in prayers you get less result and vice versa.

4 Likes

Re: Help! I Can't Pray For A Long Period by bewla(m): 8:38am On Mar 08, 2020
But can dance for a long time

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help! I Can't Pray For A Long Period by buygala(m): 8:38am On Mar 08, 2020
I stopped praying a long while ago...

God knows my heart and desires, knows what is best for me and is exceedingly capable of fulfilling them grin

If he can monitor my life without me reporting myself to Him, and on that basis send me to hell for sinning against him, isn't it just expected that he automatically knows all I need and will provide them

If He knows my sins, then he definitely should know my needs smiley

If he doesn't provide them without me asking, then I would be much better off taking matters into my hands than wasting time telling him what he already knows and hasn't provided...

51 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Help! I Can't Pray For A Long Period by Kazeem2222(m): 8:38am On Mar 08, 2020
Don't worry.. God will see you through

3 Likes

Re: Help! I Can't Pray For A Long Period by iammo(m): 8:39am On Mar 08, 2020
cool

and so? are Christians deliberately ignorant

Matthew 6:5-13

“And now about prayer. When you pray, don't be like the hypocrites who love to pray publicly on street corners and in the synagogues where everyone can see them. I assure you, that is all the reward they will ever get. But when you pray, go away by yourself, shut the door behind you, and pray to your Father secretly. Then your Father, who knows all secrets, will reward you.

“When you pray, don't babble on and on as people of other religions do. They think prayers are answered only by repeating words over and over again. Don't be like them, because your Father knows exactly what you need even before you ask him! Pray like this: Our Father in heaven, may your name be honored. May your Kingdom come soon. May your will be done here on earth, just as it is in heaven. Give us our food for today, and forgive us our sins, just as we have forgiven those who have sinned against us. And don't let us yield to temptation, but deliver us from the evil one.”

82 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Help! I Can't Pray For A Long Period by dazzlingd(m): 8:39am On Mar 08, 2020
U dont need it..

Your long prayers amount to nothing, face life, enjoy it and deal with the realities....

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! I Can't Pray For A Long Period by omoadeleye(m): 8:40am On Mar 08, 2020
Is not about how far, is how well.

Those people praying for longs really have hefty problem in their life that they want to solve by prayers alone... They don't want to use their body to work and solve part of their problems, when you make actions to solve your problems then use prayers to motivate yourself in getting the problem solved..

11 Likes

Re: Help! I Can't Pray For A Long Period by NigeriaBam: 8:40am On Mar 08, 2020
Not how far, but How well. Prayer is all about believe, right time, and persistence. A short prayer with quality is better than long period prayer

5 Likes

Re: Help! I Can't Pray For A Long Period by RedBororo(m): 8:40am On Mar 08, 2020
Have similar problem and I get embarrassed when pastors tell that they cannot hear my voice

2 Likes

Re: Help! I Can't Pray For A Long Period by Blazebond(m): 8:41am On Mar 08, 2020
Try and get a gethsemane prayer school book,it helped me a lot.

2 Likes

Re: Help! I Can't Pray For A Long Period by pocohantas(f): 8:41am On Mar 08, 2020
You don’t have big problems. The type that takes sleep away from you. Defying every human, rational and logical solution.

Ask women with cheating horsebands, competitive side chicks, a very troublesome child and unending in-law wahala.

Your voice will loud by force.

19 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Help! I Can't Pray For A Long Period by Openbusiness: 8:41am On Mar 08, 2020
I believe the key to improving anything at all, including prayer, is CONSISTENCY. So if it's only 1 minute you can pray, then pray everyday for 1 minute, pray regularly for 1 minute, pray consistently for 1 minute. As you do this consistently, your prayer time will automatically increase on its own gradually. One day you will just discover that instead of 1 minute, you were able to pray for 5 minutes, because God has given you more grace to pray. From 5 minutes, you will grow to 7 minutes, from 7 to 15, from 15 to 20 etc. Your prayer time will grow. That one minute or 30 seconds prayer time you have now IS A SEED. Sow it by praying that long consistently and regularly and watch you seed grow into a big tree. God bless you!

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help! I Can't Pray For A Long Period by moderatorr: 8:41am On Mar 08, 2020
Actually, praying loud, repeating words, blabbing (speaking in tongues) are all sins according to Jesus.

Matthew 6:6 ►
But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

Matthew 6:7 ►
And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words.

So you see, what we are practicing in Nigeria isn't Christianity. It's just churchianity and pastornity embroiled in daily sinning and refusal to actually read the Bible.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! I Can't Pray For A Long Period by puyol005(m): 8:41am On Mar 08, 2020
The only prayer I know is IN JESUS NAME! AMEN.

1 Like

Re: Help! I Can't Pray For A Long Period by Dareal90s(m): 8:41am On Mar 08, 2020
voskia:
what u need is a baptism of the holy spirit.. for the Bible says the same Spirit quickens our mortal bodies.. ask for that baptism from ur pastor .
Oga this is not the answer to the topic.

Pray in ur own way, God answers prayers, doesn't have to be long, yours might be answered first before those praying for hours, your connection/relationship with God is what matters most, there is nothing you need to do. You are whom you are.

5 Likes

Re: Help! I Can't Pray For A Long Period by noleflendum: 8:42am On Mar 08, 2020
Can you dance for long? It is part of worshiping
Re: Help! I Can't Pray For A Long Period by YourNextLevel(m): 8:42am On Mar 08, 2020
Ask the Holy Spirit to help you

2 Likes

Re: Help! I Can't Pray For A Long Period by Nobody: 8:42am On Mar 08, 2020
You are not the only one.

I praise him first, ask for forgiveness second, and present all my heart desires lastly.

And you know what.., as short as my prayer may be, God answers them all. When I look around me.. All I see are my answered prayer.

24 Likes

Re: Help! I Can't Pray For A Long Period by pressplay411(m): 8:43am On Mar 08, 2020
IntroVAT:
So, in church during the prayer session, and after the prayer topic has been introduced, I find I can't pray for more than 30 seconds, 1 minute tops.

After that, I have nothing else to say. Yet I see others praying until whoever is leading the session intervenes and introduces another prayer topic.

What exactly are they saying for that long or are they just repeating themselves. I can't speak in tongues too, so that doesn't help my cause.

I also cannot pray loudly, I always whisper under my breath even when the pastor says to shout at the top of our voices, because that's just how I am.

Do these things I mentioned n hinder prayers from being answered?

Help

It helps to learn some scruptural prayers;

The Lord's Prayer and Psalms will help you ignite your prayer life.

And when you pray, know that God answers our prayers, especially when we pray in His will. 1 John 5:14-15

Also, pray for others too including your family, friends, work, the church and Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Help! I Can't Pray For A Long Period by masterP042(m): 8:44am On Mar 08, 2020
What's the essence of praying for long, when God already knows your heart cry.
That dude knows your needs, and he can do it. But he just wants to hear you cry and beg for it day and night, and after everything he still does what he wants; damn your prayers cheesy

1 Like

Re: Help! I Can't Pray For A Long Period by luc26(f): 8:44am On Mar 08, 2020
Prayer has no regualar pattern to be followed and u dnt have to scream at God for ur prayers to be answered. undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! I Can't Pray For A Long Period by Triangles1(m): 8:44am On Mar 08, 2020
Is because your problem are minor, go to mountain where peoples are force to pray bare footed bcs their problem is more than coro.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pope Francis Has Changed My View Of Homosexuals / The Story Of Noah's Ark Is The Most Unbelievable Biblical Story Ever Told / Why Do "Born Again" Christians Still Commit Sin?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.