Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:50 AM

One Silly Action And I Land In This NIMC Bitter Mess Now - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / One Silly Action And I Land In This NIMC Bitter Mess Now (1263 Views)

My Experience At LASU NIMC Center / Talking Esther: "My Sister And I Were Kidnapped And Raped, She Died" (Photos) / Ikenna Unegbu: NIMC DG Defiles A 2-Year-old Girl In His Office In Owerri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

One Silly Action And I Land In This NIMC Bitter Mess Now by Electrochemistry(m): 11:49pm On Mar 29, 2022
Please, great Nairalanders, I implore you to advise this young guy on his identity predicament.

I'm a guy in my early twenties. I was tempted to use a false name during my NIMC registration and for that am now in deep water.

I changed my surname from an Igbo name to a Yoruba name. I also changed my farthers name to a Yoruba name just to fake my identity as a Yoruba guy. Why?

Few years before I started my work as a machine operator in a nail making company, I had been working with a private security company as a security guard. I was working with two other colleagues at an MTN office. One of them was an Hausa guy the other was a Yoruba guy. The Hausa guy was working on a 24 hours basis and I normally joined him only for night shift but the Yoruba guy normally worked in the morning as my reliever. Along the line, I noticed some irregularities in our work: the Yoruba guy, after his morning duty, would come back late in the night with touts and harlots and would spend the night in the MTN office and that's how they had been doing before I started work there. Seing the mess, I warned the guy that I wouldn't tolerate his actions and to stall his actions, I began to lie just at the entrance of the main building every night.

Out of frustration, however, the guy came after I left and broke the glass door of the main building to implicate me. He reported me thereafter and I was called to explain what happened to the broken glass door.

When I got there and saw what happened, I use the opportunity to explain all that had been happening in the night. So the panel that called me appreciated my action and fired my two colleagues: the Yoruba guy and the aboki.

But thereafter, the director called me aside, gave me money in appreciation but also warned me not to continue my work there because the Yoruba guy that normally brought touts with him to mess up the venue every night and all his friends are cultists.

It was as a result of this and other threats that I left the security company entirely. When I started work with another security company I changed my name to a Yoruba name for protection without telling the company my real identity as an Igbo guy.

The new company then posted me to a nail making company a little farther from my previous location. Two months later, after working as a security man in the nail company, I made arrangements with the Accountant of the firm and he decided to help me to join the factory workers as a casual staff. First he asked me to go to my security company and tender my resignation. while I was away to do this, the Accountant just picked my wrong name and sent it to the company's headquarters. When I came back I didn't bother to tell anyone am an igbo guy. I was also made a member of the company's staff cooperative society. The second year I was asked to bring my guarantor because they want to make me full staff. It was then that I decided to tell them that am an Igbo guy. They were very sad because they took me for a Yoruba guy because I was so fluent and eloquent in the language. As I was trying to let them know the security situation that led to my action, they didn't want to believe me.

In the meantime, I foolishly went ahead to NIMC office and registered the wrong name there so that I would quickly open an account with it and get my money out of the cooperative society.

But the accountant said I shouldn't use the
wrong NIMC slip . So, I went to register for PVC, I then opened an account with a bank. To correct the error in my name, I got a court affidavit and a newspaper publication for that.

Now, the crux of the matter is this: I need to change the wrong name that I registered at NIMC. I have been struggling with this for a long time but their supervisor that they refaired me to said I should go to Abuja to sort it out. Please what do I do?
Re: One Silly Action And I Land In This NIMC Bitter Mess Now by chatinent: 12:16am On Mar 30, 2022
I'm a guy in my early twenties. I was tempted to use a false name during my NIMC registration and for that am now in deep water.

Why change names? Do you have an ulterior motive?
Re: One Silly Action And I Land In This NIMC Bitter Mess Now by Electrochemistry(m): 12:21am On Mar 30, 2022
chatinent:

Why change names? Do you have an ulterior motive?
No! just to protect myself from attack.
Re: One Silly Action And I Land In This NIMC Bitter Mess Now by chatinent: 12:24am On Mar 30, 2022
Electrochemistry:
No! just to protect myself from attack.

Attack from?
Re: One Silly Action And I Land In This NIMC Bitter Mess Now by Electrochemistry(m): 12:30am On Mar 30, 2022
chatinent:

Attack from?
the guy that was sacked from his job and was now threatening to find out wherever I am in that town
Re: One Silly Action And I Land In This NIMC Bitter Mess Now by spydera: 1:01am On Mar 30, 2022
Chaaai, Nairaland has suffered ooo
Re: One Silly Action And I Land In This NIMC Bitter Mess Now by Disclaimer12: 1:10am On Mar 30, 2022
Bro this your story get K-leg abeg

5 Likes

Re: One Silly Action And I Land In This NIMC Bitter Mess Now by yyba: 2:09am On Mar 30, 2022
Electrochemistry:
the guy that was sacked from his job and was now threatening to find out wherever I am in that town
and the guy doesn't know you physically ? undecided
Re: One Silly Action And I Land In This NIMC Bitter Mess Now by yyba: 2:11am On Mar 30, 2022
Disclaimer12:
Bro this your story get K-leg abeg
100% k-leg. Changing name from a guy that knows you physically and clearly. Op story is not adding up
Re: One Silly Action And I Land In This NIMC Bitter Mess Now by Ishilove: 2:33am On Mar 30, 2022
You have the mind of a dubious person. Ogbeni carry your cross.

2 Likes

Re: One Silly Action And I Land In This NIMC Bitter Mess Now by LilMissFavvy(f): 2:44am On Mar 30, 2022
Even if you changed your name for security reasons, how come you also changed your tribe from Igbo to Yoruba? Your story doesn't add up, you better let go of that job before you are arrested and locked up. A simple change of your first name only would have been enough if truly you were trying to protect yourself from cultists.
Re: One Silly Action And I Land In This NIMC Bitter Mess Now by Electrochemistry(m): 3:17am On Mar 30, 2022
yyba:
and the guy doesn't know you physically ? undecided

No! the security of the premises was handled by two private security companies. The guy and the aboki were from the same company but I am from another company. It's done that way to make the two companies monitor each other. So when the guy broke the glass door my company called me to come and explain and defend them so I came and exposed their secret, leading to the termination of the company and their staff. But I was advised to leave for security reasons so that another person from my company can take over my place. So we don't know each other.
Re: One Silly Action And I Land In This NIMC Bitter Mess Now by BigYash: 3:19am On Mar 30, 2022
Wahala they say be like pencil jean.. To wear am no dey hard ,na to pull am off, be the wa ha la inside..

Op to change name no hard.. Stop telling them this your long fake-like story.. They will see you as a criminal if you tell them this story.. When I did a change of name/correction of nane last year.. I just settle them there for the office .. Na them even help me do the running around,cux me no like stay sun at all.. They called me after few days to come ,that its ready. Just rapport with their oga there,or you try another center.. No be intl passport ,so I no see why you go have to travel to abj yet..
Re: One Silly Action And I Land In This NIMC Bitter Mess Now by Electrochemistry(m): 3:20am On Mar 30, 2022
LilMissFavvy:
Even if you changed your name for security reasons, how come you also changed your tribe from Igbo to Yoruba? Your story doesn't add up, you better let go of that job before you are arrested and locked up. A simple change of your first name only would have been enough if truly you were trying to protect yourself from cultists.

I didn't intend to change it permanently. Just for the whole thing to die down.
Re: One Silly Action And I Land In This NIMC Bitter Mess Now by Electrochemistry(m): 3:23am On Mar 30, 2022
BigYash:
Wahala they say be like pencil jean.. To wear am no dey hard ,na to pull am off, be the wa ha la inside..

Op to change name no hard.. Stop telling them this your long fake-like story.. They will see you as a criminal if you tell them this story.. When I did a change of name/correction of nane last year.. I just settle them there for the office .. Na them even help me do the running around,cux me no like stay sun at all.. They called me after few days to come ,that its ready. Just rapport with their oga there,or you try another center.. No be intl passport ,so I no see why you go have to travel to abj yet..
Thanks, that's what am thinking about. Although when I approached a supervisor there with all my other documents bearing my real names, they still doubt me but I will check back.
Re: One Silly Action And I Land In This NIMC Bitter Mess Now by Electrochemistry(m): 3:43am On Mar 30, 2022
Ishilove:
You have the mind of a dubious person. Ogbeni carry your cross.
It's a true story! I think it's more of fear and absurdity
Re: One Silly Action And I Land In This NIMC Bitter Mess Now by Crysallis(m): 4:36am On Mar 30, 2022
If you wanted to do a fake name change, u could hv done that via voters card (you can register as many as you want)

But with that NIMC, it pretty difficult.
Just go to NiMC website, get their number n call. Explain your predicament.

Perhaps, they will let you change it when you meet their requirements.
Re: One Silly Action And I Land In This NIMC Bitter Mess Now by Electrochemistry(m): 5:49am On Mar 30, 2022
Crysallis:
If you wanted to do a fake name change, u could hv done that via voters card (you can register as many as you want)

But with that NIMC, it pretty difficult.
Just go to NiMC website, get their number n call. Explain your predicament.

Perhaps, they will let you change it when you meet their requirements.
Thanks for your useful input. Am just here to know if someone out there had a similar experience so that I can be guided. Am really tired of worrying, depressed because I may soon lose my job.
Re: One Silly Action And I Land In This NIMC Bitter Mess Now by Restroom: 7:14am On Mar 30, 2022
So another nimc with the current name u want

1 Like

Re: One Silly Action And I Land In This NIMC Bitter Mess Now by gulfer: 7:28am On Mar 30, 2022
I hope the story is true sha, I remember a story about a colleague whom I worked with as a security man in the defunct National Bank in Lagos. After losing touch and moving on to other jobs but still in the security line; it was a shock to me when I saw him again deployed to a company I worked for as a security guard again but not with the same name. I quickly told their supervisor my observation because the guy pretended as if he hadn't seen me before. To cut the story short, this same guy ended up burgling all the offices in the second building and made away with two laptops, shoes, and other things worth over 2-million naira in 2009. Anyways, the employing security company was made to pay and destitute for the losses angry angry angry angry angry
Re: One Silly Action And I Land In This NIMC Bitter Mess Now by Ungodly: 7:57am On Mar 30, 2022
Electrochemistry:
Please, great Nairalanders, I implore you to advise this young guy on his identity predicament.

I changed my surname from an Igbo name to a Yoruba name. I also changed my farthers name to a Yoruba name just to fake my identity as a Yoruba guy. Why?

Few years before I started my work as a machine operator in a nail making company, I had been working with a private security company as a security guard. I was working with two other colleagues at an MTN office. One of them was an Hausa guy the other was a Yoruba guy. The Hausa guy was working on a 24 hours basis and I normally joined him only for night shift but the Yoruba guy normally worked in the morning as my reliever. Along the line, I noticed some irregularities in our work: the Yoruba guy, after his morning duty, would come back late in the night with touts and harlots and would spend the night in the MTN office and that's how they had been doing before I started work there. Seing the mess, I warned the guy that I wouldn't tolerate his actions and to stall his actions, I began to lie just at the entrance of the main building every night.

Out of frustration, however, the guy came after I left and broke the glass door of the main building to implicate me. He reported me thereafter and I was called to explain what happened to the broken glass door.

When I got there and saw what happened, I use the opportunity to explain all that had been happening in the night. So the panel that called me appreciated my action and fired my two colleagues: the Yoruba guy and the aboki.

But thereafter, the director called me aside, gave me money in appreciation but also warned me not to continue my work there because the Yoruba guy that normally brought touts with him to mess up the venue every night and all his friends are cultists.

It was as a result of this and other threats that I left the security company entirely. When I started work with another security company I changed my name to a Yoruba name for protection without telling the company my real identity as an Igbo guy.

The new company then posted me to a nail making company a little farther from my previous location. Two months later, after working as a security man in the nail company, I made arrangements with the Accountant of the firm and he decided to help me to join the factory workers as a casual staff. First he asked me to go to my security company and tender my resignation. while I was away to do this, the Accountant just picked my wrong name and sent it to the company's headquarters. When I came back I didn't bother to tell anyone am an igbo guy. I was also made a member of the company's staff cooperative society. The second year I was asked to bring my guarantor because they want to make me full staff. It was then that I decided to tell them that am an Igbo guy. They were very sad because they took me for a Yoruba guy because I was so fluent and eloquent in the language. As I was trying to let them know the security situation that led to my action, they didn't want to believe me.

In the meantime, I foolishly went ahead to NIMC office and registered the wrong name there so that I would quickly open an account with it and get my money out of the cooperative society.

wrong NIMC slip . So, I went to register for PVC, I then opened an account with a bank. To correct the error in my name, I got a court affidavit and a newspaper publication for that.

Now, the crux of the matter is this: I need to change the wrong name that I registered at NIMC. I have been struggling with this for a long time but their supervisor that they refaired me to said I should go to Abuja to sort it out. Please what do I do?
You cost two souls the job they had before you join their company because you wanted to be the good person… you are not a straight forward person and your mind is also evil. You deserve all these things coming your way and I pray it last long.
Re: One Silly Action And I Land In This NIMC Bitter Mess Now by Divoc19(f): 9:17am On Mar 30, 2022
Coming from both Christian and Muslim home, I use to switch my religion to favour me when ever I wanted. It has now affected me as I realized religion is a big scam on our economy and mentality. My NiMC, BVN, License and international passport all have different identity undecided
I have more than 5 legal names and looking for how to make it just 2. I am a graphic designer, I my working days I use to design any ID card i wanted.
Until I entered the NiMC and BVN trap.

Am still in the process of reducing my legal names to one. You are not alone in this mess. Don't mind any hypocrite that wouldn't want to believe you.
Electrochemistry:

1 Like

Re: One Silly Action And I Land In This NIMC Bitter Mess Now by respect80(m): 9:23am On Mar 30, 2022
BigYash:

No be lie grin
Wahala still be like women clothes, You need extra hands to zip up and you still need extra hands to zip down.

1 Like

Re: One Silly Action And I Land In This NIMC Bitter Mess Now by BigYash: 9:26am On Mar 30, 2022
respect80:

No be lie grin
Wahala still be like women clothes. You need extra hands to zip up and you still need extra hands to zip down.
No be lie my nigga grin

1 Like

Re: One Silly Action And I Land In This NIMC Bitter Mess Now by Electrochemistry(m): 9:35am On Mar 30, 2022
Divoc19:
Coming from both Christian and Muslim home, I use to switch my religion to favour me when ever I wanted. It has now affected me as I realized religion is a big scam on our economy and mentality. My NiMC, BVN, License and international passport all have different identity undecided
I have more than 5 legal names and looking for how to make it just 2. I am a graphic designer, I my working days I use to design any ID card i wanted.
Until I entered the NiMC and BVN trap.

Am still in the process of reducing my legal names to one. You are not alone in this mess. Don't mind any hypocrite that wouldn't want to believe you.

Respect!
Re: One Silly Action And I Land In This NIMC Bitter Mess Now by Nobody: 11:37am On Mar 30, 2022
Take it or leave it the op is a dubious person
Re: One Silly Action And I Land In This NIMC Bitter Mess Now by AKWATGOLD1(m): 1:31pm On Mar 30, 2022
This is the way you laid your bed, pls sleep on it ooo and stop disturbing us on this platform.
Electrochemistry:

(1) (Reply)

Beware Of Kalahari Goat Scammers- I Have Been Scammed / Architect Contructs Stairs To Nowhere Inside Appartment (Vid) / First Bank Cleared My Mum Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.