Stats: 3,153,130 members, 7,818,388 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:09 PM

Tracking Stolen Cars: How Canadian Stolen Cars End Up In Lagos (Video) - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Tracking Stolen Cars: How Canadian Stolen Cars End Up In Lagos (Video) (49699 Views)

Police In The US Intercept Stolen Cars Bound For West Africa / Canadian Authorities Discover 70 Stolen Cars Destined For Nigeria And Ghana / Maitarari Isa Saidu: Chairman Of Kidnapping Arrested With 35 Stolen Cars (2) (3) (4)

Re: Tracking Stolen Cars: How Canadian Stolen Cars End Up In Lagos (Video) by Mynd44: 9:37am On Mar 30, 2022
perambulator:
The guy is talking nonsense, just because a car still has a foreign license plate and foreign stickers does not mean they were stolen. Many legitimate used cars are deliberately left with foreign stickers etc as prroof they are Tokunbo

The journalist is just ignorant. Firstly advertisers in Nigeria do not display the Car VIN on adverts so you cannot tell a car is stolen just from the advert. Secondly if you stole a car the last thing you will do is display the license plate on the advert.

Watch the video. They actually came to car lots in Lagos and saw stolen vehicles.

Some with plates still on them

Re: Tracking Stolen Cars: How Canadian Stolen Cars End Up In Lagos (Video) by tutudesz: 9:37am On Mar 30, 2022
Must Nigerians be involved in were evil thing undecided

Re: Tracking Stolen Cars: How Canadian Stolen Cars End Up In Lagos (Video) by Mynd44: 9:37am On Mar 30, 2022
tekjansen2:

Well the extra cost would probably include customs clearance, taxes, cost of importing the car, transporting it to end user, etc
Still should be cheaper.

Re: Tracking Stolen Cars: How Canadian Stolen Cars End Up In Lagos (Video) by Nobody: 9:38am On Mar 30, 2022
Mynd44:

Still should be cheaper.

True that.
Re: Tracking Stolen Cars: How Canadian Stolen Cars End Up In Lagos (Video) by crownedprinz(m): 9:39am On Mar 30, 2022
I cannot see Benz? why
Re: Tracking Stolen Cars: How Canadian Stolen Cars End Up In Lagos (Video) by aspabay(m): 9:39am On Mar 30, 2022
HAhaha
Re: Tracking Stolen Cars: How Canadian Stolen Cars End Up In Lagos (Video) by GloriousGbola: 9:39am On Mar 30, 2022
tekjansen2:

Well the extra cost would probably include customs clearance, taxes, cost of importing the car, transporting it to end user, etc

No No No.

keep in mind, these are STOLEN cars.

they were acquired for next to nothing.

the fell off a truck discount

this is just Nigeria and our bizarre price mechanisms

Re: Tracking Stolen Cars: How Canadian Stolen Cars End Up In Lagos (Video) by Noshitboi(m): 9:40am On Mar 30, 2022
Akon was a car thief
Re: Tracking Stolen Cars: How Canadian Stolen Cars End Up In Lagos (Video) by Munzy14(m): 9:42am On Mar 30, 2022
ednut1:
The people stealing it are Arabs and mafia members in Montreal. From accidented cars, we don branch into buying stolen ones. The Canadian govt has to effect tighter controls on this shipping. Most Canadians don't care when their car is stolen, Insurance go replace am.
Nawa o
Re: Tracking Stolen Cars: How Canadian Stolen Cars End Up In Lagos (Video) by Passionate888: 9:47am On Mar 30, 2022
O boy
Re: Tracking Stolen Cars: How Canadian Stolen Cars End Up In Lagos (Video) by GodHatesBigots(m): 9:47am On Mar 30, 2022
Nigeria is a den of thieves and robbers.

Re: Tracking Stolen Cars: How Canadian Stolen Cars End Up In Lagos (Video) by Nobody: 9:51am On Mar 30, 2022
Mynd44:

Watch the video. They actually came to car lots in Lagos and saw stolen vehicles.

Some with plates still on them

Having the license plate still in a car is not evidence of theft, same with dealer stickers. I have in the past shipped at least 5 used cars from Europe with the old license plate still atached. But having watched the video, yes they are stolen cars I didn’t realize they actually came to Nigeria and actually saw the VINS. I thought they were concluding g they were stolen just by looking at adverts. The only way you can tell if a car is stolen is to run the VIN. Dealer stickers or number plates mean nothing, legit cars could also have these.

I must say I never realized these cars could be stolen. I thought it was now difficult to to ship a stolen car.

Re: Tracking Stolen Cars: How Canadian Stolen Cars End Up In Lagos (Video) by Ekeeyhandsome(m): 9:53am On Mar 30, 2022
Shey those cars fly enter naija ni, are those companies incharge of shipping not supposed verify the legitimacy of wat they are shipping? this is to tell u that crime nd corruption is everywhere, but for naija we dey over do am.

Re: Tracking Stolen Cars: How Canadian Stolen Cars End Up In Lagos (Video) by Kaiser20: 9:53am On Mar 30, 2022
Ronium:
This country is finished ooo
These are the people that
Finished Nigeria:
The citizens and the leaders.
Young and Old
Male and female
North, South, East and West
Poor and Rich.

Re: Tracking Stolen Cars: How Canadian Stolen Cars End Up In Lagos (Video) by virginchaser(m): 9:54am On Mar 30, 2022
If you have not been a victim you won't understand.

Re: Tracking Stolen Cars: How Canadian Stolen Cars End Up In Lagos (Video) by omenkaLives(m): 9:55am On Mar 30, 2022
There was a documentary on National Geographic by Mariana Van Zeller I watched a couple of weeks ago. After I did, it occured to me likely 90% of the so called "direct Cotonou" cars we drive in this country are stolen cars.

Those guys tweak everything including the VIN.
Re: Tracking Stolen Cars: How Canadian Stolen Cars End Up In Lagos (Video) by Golan007: 9:58am On Mar 30, 2022
I told one of my colleagues to abandon the thought of using his hard earned money to import cars.

You cannot compete with a thief when it comes to pricing.

Re: Tracking Stolen Cars: How Canadian Stolen Cars End Up In Lagos (Video) by CarGuideNG: 10:01am On Mar 30, 2022

Re: Tracking Stolen Cars: How Canadian Stolen Cars End Up In Lagos (Video) by braveheart77: 10:03am On Mar 30, 2022
Kaiser20:

These are the people that
Finished Nigeria:
The citizens and the leaders.
Young and Old
Male and female
North, South, East and West
Poor and Rich.
Absolutely
Re: Tracking Stolen Cars: How Canadian Stolen Cars End Up In Lagos (Video) by Olam09(m): 10:09am On Mar 30, 2022
englishmart:
Nigerians are criminally ingenious

To those shouting Nigeria up and down use your sense and try to comprehend the writeup for once.. 40% of the people shouting Nigeria, Nigeria did not even understand this post.
Where in the damn writeup they state that Nigeria were responsible for the theft?
Incase you don't know the criminals are mostly oyinbos, Mexican or arab. West Africa is just the dumping ground for those stolen cars.. so you can never blame Nigerians for buying it.. shebi most of us dey use uk used iPhones and Samsung.. what if 40% of those mobile phones were stolen and resold to us? Next time don't just jump into conclusion. Try to read and comprehend before commenting.

Re: Tracking Stolen Cars: How Canadian Stolen Cars End Up In Lagos (Video) by Nobody: 10:12am On Mar 30, 2022
There are two kinds of people good and bad.
Anywhere you are in this world you will always find them
Bad people are networking each other in criminal acts good people likewise does network for the betterment of humanity
The only problem is bad people pollutes and influence good to destroy them and they always succeed because they are the majority.

When a Nigerian travels abroad he may either fall into the hands of good or bad people and begin to perpetuate evil in the name of hustling,
no be today it start o, it has started from immemorial.

Re: Tracking Stolen Cars: How Canadian Stolen Cars End Up In Lagos (Video) by jaxxy(m): 10:15am On Mar 30, 2022
crownedprinz:
I cannot see Benz? why

Benz will disable the car from their office and render it useless to whoever buys it.

Re: Tracking Stolen Cars: How Canadian Stolen Cars End Up In Lagos (Video) by The5DME(m): 10:24am On Mar 30, 2022
This is not new, I must say.
Re: Tracking Stolen Cars: How Canadian Stolen Cars End Up In Lagos (Video) by 007Marvel(m): 10:26am On Mar 30, 2022
Abeg make we leave this one! I dey plan Japa to Mauritius or Botswana who fit estimate how much e go cost? Abeg

Re: Tracking Stolen Cars: How Canadian Stolen Cars End Up In Lagos (Video) by Goldbw122(m): 10:27am On Mar 30, 2022
They just keep destroying Nigeria image, well if you want to travel what nationality will you say you are, if not Nigeria..
Re: Tracking Stolen Cars: How Canadian Stolen Cars End Up In Lagos (Video) by DrySaliva: 10:27am On Mar 30, 2022

Hmmm after watching this video I'm so afraid of my car... I don't want to hear it's a stolen car oo...

Things dey happen ooo. See how they steal cars in less than three minutes despite all the security measures in place. Our cars are not protected afterall

Lagos Police Shoot Woman In The Stomach Over ₦100 Bribe, Beat Her Husband (Pics) / Man Stones His 17-Year-Old Girlfriend To Death In South Africa (Photos) / Kumaor Fachii: Nigerian Army Arrests Gana's Second-In-Command, Fachii

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57