Stats: 3,153,144 members, 7,818,432 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:38 PM

Tracking Stolen Cars: How Canadian Stolen Cars End Up In Lagos (Video) - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Tracking Stolen Cars: How Canadian Stolen Cars End Up In Lagos (Video) (49701 Views)

Police In The US Intercept Stolen Cars Bound For West Africa / Canadian Authorities Discover 70 Stolen Cars Destined For Nigeria And Ghana / Maitarari Isa Saidu: Chairman Of Kidnapping Arrested With 35 Stolen Cars (2) (3) (4)

Re: Tracking Stolen Cars: How Canadian Stolen Cars End Up In Lagos (Video) by virginchaser(m): 10:28am On Mar 30, 2022
tekjansen2:

Well the extra cost would probably include customs clearance, taxes, cost of importing the car, transporting it to end user, etc

Which extra cost with a stolen car? I am beginning to look car dealers with one kind eye.

Re: Tracking Stolen Cars: How Canadian Stolen Cars End Up In Lagos (Video) by Nobody: 10:29am On Mar 30, 2022
TheSourcerer:
Explains a lot!

I'm leaving Nairaland for rest of mind , what The lots does do not concern my circle of existing.
No naaa ☹️☹️☹️

Re: Tracking Stolen Cars: How Canadian Stolen Cars End Up In Lagos (Video) by PAQ(m): 10:29am On Mar 30, 2022
Mooh247:

No wonder accident every where

Cars wey carry curse full Nigerian roads

Imagine buying a Stolen cursed car with Yahoo Yahoo money

Curses raised to power two!

Re: Tracking Stolen Cars: How Canadian Stolen Cars End Up In Lagos (Video) by Lumig: 10:31am On Mar 30, 2022
Mooh247:

No wonder accident every where

Cars wey carry curse full Nigerian roads

Imagine buying a Stolen cursed car with Yahoo Yahoo money

na double curse be that grin

Re: Tracking Stolen Cars: How Canadian Stolen Cars End Up In Lagos (Video) by ruggedtimi(m): 10:34am On Mar 30, 2022
Belgium car we dey hear about
Re: Tracking Stolen Cars: How Canadian Stolen Cars End Up In Lagos (Video) by Nobody: 10:34am On Mar 30, 2022
Kaiser20:

These are the people that
Finished Nigeria:
The citizens and the leaders.
Young and Old
Male and female
North, South, East and West
Poor and Rich.

To summarize. "Everyone In Nigeria Finished Nigeria"

Re: Tracking Stolen Cars: How Canadian Stolen Cars End Up In Lagos (Video) by divineshare(m): 10:42am On Mar 30, 2022
Another angle, I have always knew that many cars shipped over to Nigeria have criminal records but never thought of them being stolen.

I was only thinking of being used to conceal items like drugs and using car sale business to clean yahoo and drug monies.

wow, my people my people, we are terrible.

Re: Tracking Stolen Cars: How Canadian Stolen Cars End Up In Lagos (Video) by Mynd44: 10:43am On Mar 30, 2022
perambulator:

Having the license plate still in a car is not evidence of theft, same with dealer stickers. I have in the past shipped at least 5 used cars from Europe with the old license plate still atached. But having watched the video, yes they are stolen cars I didn’t realize they actually came to Nigeria and actually saw the VINS. I thought they were concluding g they were stolen just by looking at adverts. The only way you can tell if a car is stolen is to run the VIN. Dealer stickers or number plates mean nothing, legit cars could also have these.

I must say I never realized these cars could be stolen. I thought it was now difficult to to ship a stolen car.
It is the cars with dealer stickers I think are not stolen. Perhaps they were bought from the dealers and sent here.
Re: Tracking Stolen Cars: How Canadian Stolen Cars End Up In Lagos (Video) by Dearlord(m): 10:46am On Mar 30, 2022
The manufacturers are not complaining as long they are making a lot of sales

Re: Tracking Stolen Cars: How Canadian Stolen Cars End Up In Lagos (Video) by OdenKelechi(m): 10:49am On Mar 30, 2022
I watched the whole thing and all i can say is "ohh boyyyy", this thing is really scary.
Re: Tracking Stolen Cars: How Canadian Stolen Cars End Up In Lagos (Video) by MuteMute(m): 10:51am On Mar 30, 2022
No b Nigeria abeg racism news how many ppl dey drive bmw
Re: Tracking Stolen Cars: How Canadian Stolen Cars End Up In Lagos (Video) by computerglobal(m): 10:52am On Mar 30, 2022
Be Cautious and obtain a detailed vehicle history report from computerglobal which can reveal many hidden problems from a vehicle’s past, including flood titles,recalls l,[b]theft and more, and also will indicate if a vehicle has been registered in at-risk areas during flood and hurricane seasons.....
Consumers could end up saving a great deal of time and money in repairing damages that were unbeknownst to them with they made the purchase. ..
Tested and Trusted Service..

Contact us on Whats-app now 08060365068 for Instant Vehicle History Report & Custom Duty verification

Call/Sms/Whatsapp (vin/chassis) to +234 - 806 -036 - 5068[/b]

Re: Tracking Stolen Cars: How Canadian Stolen Cars End Up In Lagos (Video) by Nobody: 10:52am On Mar 30, 2022
Mynd44:

It is the cars with dealer stickers I think are not stolen. Perhaps they were bought from the dealers and sent here.

Dealer sticker or license plate does not mean anything, trust me. Both legitimate and stolen cars can have them. When a dealer sells a car, some put on their sticker for advertisement, just like you may find stickers from elizade, Globe motors, Honda place etc on cars in Nigeria. It means nothing. It just means the car passed through that dealer at some point in its life. It could end up stolen or legitimately sold as used.

The only proof of a legit/stolen car is a VIN check!!!

Re: Tracking Stolen Cars: How Canadian Stolen Cars End Up In Lagos (Video) by Ebenezer4141(m): 10:57am On Mar 30, 2022
So you have more facts than the writer abi?
Re: Tracking Stolen Cars: How Canadian Stolen Cars End Up In Lagos (Video) by temielects(m): 10:59am On Mar 30, 2022
Get your automobile tracking done in less than 20mins call 08057212154 now!!!
Re: Tracking Stolen Cars: How Canadian Stolen Cars End Up In Lagos (Video) by DelTel(m): 11:00am On Mar 30, 2022
perambulator:

Having the license plate still in a car is not evidence of theft, same with dealer stickers. I have in the past shipped at least 5 used cars from Europe with the old license plate still atached. But having watched the video, yes they are stolen cars I didn’t realize they actually came to Nigeria and actually saw the VINS. I thought they were concluding g they were stolen just by looking at adverts. The only way you can tell if a car is stolen is to run the VIN. Dealer stickers or number plates mean nothing, legit cars could also have these.

I must say I never realized these cars could be stolen. I thought it was now difficult to to ship a stolen car.

Now you know grin.

(Some of) the thieves in Canada and receivers in Nigeria are here on NL, Jiji is their biggest marketplace

I have been offered nothing less than 5 of such which I rejected (another dealer here on NL also rejected it and called me immediately) and I almost loose guard to broker a Range Rover SVR until I did my due diligence and stopped my involvement in the deal

Some Nigerians are fantastically corrupt

Re: Tracking Stolen Cars: How Canadian Stolen Cars End Up In Lagos (Video) by olaniyilukman(m): 11:00am On Mar 30, 2022
tekjansen2:

Well the extra cost would probably include customs clearance, taxes, cost of importing the car, transporting it to end user, etc
Can you see for yourself that our problem is not just government alone, we the people are contribution to the mess we are now, greediness is killing all of us, how on earth will you sell a car double amount of the actual price..

Re: Tracking Stolen Cars: How Canadian Stolen Cars End Up In Lagos (Video) by TobiAbuja: 11:04am On Mar 30, 2022
The myth that they don't care when their car is stolen because of insurance is just an excuse by the perpetrators to normalize it. Insurance rarely pays for the full value of a car. They are the victims here

Re: Tracking Stolen Cars: How Canadian Stolen Cars End Up In Lagos (Video) by Shellsploit: 11:08am On Mar 30, 2022
GAZZUZZ:
Easy to check if the vehicle you buying or bought is stolen.

If the vin tag is tampered with, use a scan tool to get the true vin of the car, copy it and paste on Canadian and USA sites for stolen cars .

If stolen best to avoid so Interpol does not come retrieve the car

Good morning, Abeg oga gazzuzz is it possible for an obd scanner to work with Daihatsu hijet 2006 model (korope)? The bus consumes fuel alot and doesnt accelerate as required. Thanks
Re: Tracking Stolen Cars: How Canadian Stolen Cars End Up In Lagos (Video) by Nobody: 11:17am On Mar 30, 2022
olaniyilukman:
Can you see for yourself that our problem is not just government alone, we the people are contribution to the mess we are now, greediness is killing all of us, how on earth will you sell a car double amount of the actual price..

Yeah, very true.
Re: Tracking Stolen Cars: How Canadian Stolen Cars End Up In Lagos (Video) by NGArmyTerrorist: 11:19am On Mar 30, 2022
Country made up of thieves! Collecting international curses on a daily basis!

Re: Tracking Stolen Cars: How Canadian Stolen Cars End Up In Lagos (Video) by Nobody: 11:24am On Mar 30, 2022
I Just finished watching the Video, I'm so speechless.....
Re: Tracking Stolen Cars: How Canadian Stolen Cars End Up In Lagos (Video) by GloriousGbola: 11:29am On Mar 30, 2022
GAZZUZZ:
Easy to check if the vehicle you buying or bought is stolen.

If the vin tag is tampered with, use a scan tool to get the true vin of the car, copy it and paste on Canadian and USA sites for stolen cars .

If stolen best to avoid so Interpol does not come retrieve the car

Another round of wahala for buying in Nigeria.
Re: Tracking Stolen Cars: How Canadian Stolen Cars End Up In Lagos (Video) by Nobody: 11:31am On Mar 30, 2022
olaniyilukman:

If you watch and listen to the Video very well. You will realize It's not Just about them selling the Cars at double of the amount In canada, The narrator said "THE CHEAPER CAR PRICE SOLD IN CANADA ARE BRAND NEW" while "THE EXORBITANT CAR PRICE SOLD IN NIGERIA ARE USED/STOLEN/SALVAGED" Eeeeei God, Well I'm not really surprised though, I don't have any Iota of respect for most rich & wealthy people In this nation. I fully understand how Wealth, Riches & Possessions are being Acquired over here......

Re: Tracking Stolen Cars: How Canadian Stolen Cars End Up In Lagos (Video) by Nobody: 11:38am On Mar 30, 2022
Imagine brand new car cha cha tear rubber from the manufacturer Is being sold at $40,000 and this black evils are selling their used, stolen, salvaged for $85,000 lol. Who created these monsters again? I need to know the source of their creation....grin

Re: Tracking Stolen Cars: How Canadian Stolen Cars End Up In Lagos (Video) by TheSourcerer: 11:42am On Mar 30, 2022
Senomii:

No naaa ☹️☹️☹️
its mentally draining , you understand don't you ? At least good news every now and then isn't bad , but they unapologetically specialize on giving horid news to the masses creating a sense of fear , desperation and mental exhaustion

Re: Tracking Stolen Cars: How Canadian Stolen Cars End Up In Lagos (Video) by DaddyGngeess(m): 11:46am On Mar 30, 2022
Is not only Nigeria that stolen cars are taken to, all south America countries, some countries in Eastern Europe, some countries in West Africa, even from one part of European country to another one, I have bought a car in Italy that was stolen in Germany and brought down to Italy
Re: Tracking Stolen Cars: How Canadian Stolen Cars End Up In Lagos (Video) by Nobody: 11:49am On Mar 30, 2022
virginchaser:

Which extra cost with a stolen car? I am beginning to look car dealers with one kind eye.

There are no perfect or righteous people on planet earth but I can boldly say It anywhere that "Most Nigerians" are more than Evil. People who are still quite compassionate over here when It comes to "Manipulation & Deception" aren't up to 5% of the entire nation's population. And mind you, among those 5%, Some haven't been opportuned to taste power because It Is when you give power to most humans then their real character will surface......

Re: Tracking Stolen Cars: How Canadian Stolen Cars End Up In Lagos (Video) by Nobody: 11:54am On Mar 30, 2022
TheSourcerer:
[s]It's mentally draining , you understand don't you ? At least good news every now and then isn't bad , but they unapologetically specialize on giving horid news to the masses creating a sense of fear , desperation and mental exhaustion[/s]

Na Dem......grin
Re: Tracking Stolen Cars: How Canadian Stolen Cars End Up In Lagos (Video) by EmmaLege: 11:54am On Mar 30, 2022
Re: Tracking Stolen Cars: How Canadian Stolen Cars End Up In Lagos (Video) by Specyano(m): 11:57am On Mar 30, 2022
Omo these techniques used in stealing ehn, chai...their govt should focus more on the shipping ends I believe that's 1 of d problem, also manufacturer needs to up their game in d security aspect. There should be something like an inbuilt data reset that can render a car useless.

Man Stones His 17-Year-Old Girlfriend To Death In South Africa (Photos) / Kumaor Fachii: Nigerian Army Arrests Gana's Second-In-Command, Fachii / Father Cornelius Okoye Attacked By Herdsmen (Graphic Pictures)