Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,863 members, 7,824,591 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:11 PM

Ukraine: What Will Happen If EU & NATO Countries Refuse To Pay For Russia's Gas? - Foreign Affairs (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Ukraine: What Will Happen If EU & NATO Countries Refuse To Pay For Russia's Gas? (33953 Views)

Blinken Says NATO Countries Have "Green Light" To Send Fighter Jets To Ukraine / Russia Tells EU, NATO To Stop Arms Supplies To Ukraine / Russia Vs Ukraine: What Is SWIFT And Could It Be Used Against Putin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ukraine: What Will Happen If EU & NATO Countries Refuse To Pay For Russia's Gas? by Svlla: 4:50pm On Mar 30, 2022
You're right but I will like to point out one thing

UK puts more Pakistanis in position of power/importance than India

This is what I've noticed over time but I may be wrong

AldrichAmes:
Message from Russia and China today is the game changer.

The west would try to lure India but it’s too late. UK’s recent policy of putting Indians in powerful positions in government won’t help because India will always remember its colonial past and how the UK looted and destroyed India. Also, Russia and India have always been partners and India owes a lot to Russia hence most Indians are pro-Russia. The only problem is the India vs China skirmishes and it isn’t as bad as India’s colonial past.

We just have to see how the dominoes fall in the coming weeks.

Is this the end of an empire and the rise of a diversified world? Russia is willing to make the sacrifices to kickstart the change. But the endgame is unpredictable.

And how will history remember Putin since the victors always write it?
Re: Ukraine: What Will Happen If EU & NATO Countries Refuse To Pay For Russia's Gas? by AldrichAmes: 4:56pm On Mar 30, 2022
Svlla:
You're right but I will like to point out one thing

UK puts more Pakistanis in position of power/importance than India

This is what I've noticed over time but I may be wrong

Home office, treasury and defence are the three most important positions in the UK cabinet apart from PM.

Indians occupy 2 out of 3.
Re: Ukraine: What Will Happen If EU & NATO Countries Refuse To Pay For Russia's Gas? by Svlla: 5:06pm On Mar 30, 2022
AldrichAmes:

Home office, treasury and defence are the three most important positions in the UK cabinet apart from PM.

Indians occupy 2 out of 3.

Alright

Perhaps I mistaken most Indians for Pakistanis
Re: Ukraine: What Will Happen If EU & NATO Countries Refuse To Pay For Russia's Gas? by msrcusgarvey6(m): 5:37pm On Mar 30, 2022
Well done to all of you. I wonder if there are still educated Nigerians staying in Russia and Ukraine. I was there for 2 decades and a mention of Ukraine or Russia is synonymous to me but still those that never would have proven to know anything here are the most confidently commenting on internal issues of these nations. Some even comment as if the internet replaced the WASC certificate we got in the 70s. You need just a cheap Phone to prove knowledge
Most who came home with foreign certificates 30 years ago are earning well but are like hostages in Africa.

1 Like

Re: Ukraine: What Will Happen If EU & NATO Countries Refuse To Pay For Russia's Gas? by Nobody: 5:57pm On Mar 30, 2022
BKayy:
Then they will have two options
1. Either watch their citizens freeze to death next winter and their countries turned into a war front by riots OR....
2. Invade Russia and take the gas by force.
Wisdom no go Kee you grin grin grin
Re: Ukraine: What Will Happen If EU & NATO Countries Refuse To Pay For Russia's Gas? by wealth2al(m): 6:23pm On Mar 30, 2022
Re: Ukraine: What Will Happen If EU & NATO Countries Refuse To Pay For Russia's Gas? by benardtotti(m): 8:03pm On Mar 30, 2022
BKayy:
1. Either watch their citizens freeze to death next winter and their countries turned into a war front by riots OR....
It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for option 2 to ever happen.....Lol

2 Likes

Re: Ukraine: What Will Happen If EU & NATO Countries Refuse To Pay For Russia's Gas? by dasparrow: 8:34pm On Mar 30, 2022

Re: Ukraine: What Will Happen If EU & NATO Countries Refuse To Pay For Russia's Gas? by eburuu: 8:45pm On Mar 30, 2022
BKayy:
cheesy bros be calming down that your last statement .fit course w3 no be techno w3 o world war 3

Re: Ukraine: What Will Happen If EU & NATO Countries Refuse To Pay For Russia's Gas? by RedPilChurchBoy: 8:59pm On Mar 30, 2022
Johnrake69:
They might try to invade Russia. Europeans can’t stand hardship

...then nuclear war will ensue. The aftermath will be a dystopic world, the type you see in movies.
Re: Ukraine: What Will Happen If EU & NATO Countries Refuse To Pay For Russia's Gas? by MrBONE2(m): 9:12pm On Mar 30, 2022
JosephXavier:
This is a part I really like

Since EU had their own currency,the should trade in Euros

Africa needs to develop their own domestic currency just like the Europeans have done likewise other continents

This cuurency is what should be used to between African countries

then African should use Rand or Shillings, but if that will not be acceptable, we go back and use our ancient money such as shells,stones,cowries and even secred BONESgrin

whatta ya say Bwana; D

1 Like

Re: Ukraine: What Will Happen If EU & NATO Countries Refuse To Pay For Russia's Gas? by mceze(m): 9:15pm On Mar 30, 2022
Igbofam:

Still wrong. US has started supplying EU with more gas as they move away from Russian gas.

Oh and by the way I can tell you for a fact that a sustainable, renewable and much more powerful yet cheaper alternative to Russian Oil and Gas is in the works and FYI it is not even Oil and Gas.

Go and sit down.

How do I know? I am in a way involved in it. I was one of those who brokered the deal. Talks are happening now.

I will come back to this post once it rolls out and show you how Russia has lost it all with this singular major alternative.
Re: Ukraine: What Will Happen If EU & NATO Countries Refuse To Pay For Russia's Gas? by uneeking(m): 10:29pm On Mar 30, 2022
SKIBiNSKI:
Europe can not live without Russian gas, they can pretend they don't need russia but they do. Now they are running around begging for gas/oil from the Arabs (Dubai) Dubai who executed 81 innocent citizens of their country including africans last week. What is the difference between Russia and Dubai? Did you also know that the
son of a former Russian spy who is Putin's friend is a member of parliament in the UK. His name is Lord Lebedev. Why did the
UK government not sanctions him? (But they claimed to sanction Abramovich) Or remove him from UK house of lords? This so called Russian invasion of Ukraine has being political. Did you know that the UK is still buying Russian gas till today. The UK's chancellor's wife owns a company in Russia as of today. People need to wake up to Europe's and the UK's hyporcricies. Nigeria should be worried rather that the UK may invade nigeria and cause conflicts so as to take over and control nigerian oil.

Guy, I feel your vibe. I just want you and others on this platform to know that your fear has already started as far as what the UK will do to Nigeria and its oil. Who do you think is sponsoring wrong leaders, (ISIS), Boko Haram and Herdsmen in Nigeria? And what is their purpose? Naija Oil, of course! Na God hands we dey o!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ukraine: What Will Happen If EU & NATO Countries Refuse To Pay For Russia's Gas? by SKIBiNSKI(m): 10:34pm On Mar 30, 2022
uneeking:

Guy, I feel your vibe. I just want you and others on this platform to know that your fear has already started as far as what the UK will do to Nigeria and its oil. Who do you think is sponsoring wrong leaders, (ISIS), Boko Haram and Herdsmen in Nigeria? And what is their purpose? Naija Oil, of course! Na God hands we dey o!
Absolutely makes sense, they are already ochestrating the distabilisation of nigeria and conflicts causing. While most nigerians are on here swallowing their hate Putin propaganda as distractions. You have a great mind.
Re: Ukraine: What Will Happen If EU & NATO Countries Refuse To Pay For Russia's Gas? by Gospel2Day: 11:43pm On Mar 30, 2022
egbedox:
Russia is indeed a very powerful Nation. They are so consequential that the NATO/EU cannot just do without the product Russia offer.
Same goes to everyman. When you have a lot to offer, people will not neglect you

It is the foolishness of Europe that brings them into this mess.
Trump warned them against overdependence on Russia's gas and oil.
So you want to tell me that No country or countries in Europe has gas deposits to power their energy needs.
Why haven't they invested in Africa's vast deposits since?
Re: Ukraine: What Will Happen If EU & NATO Countries Refuse To Pay For Russia's Gas? by PoliteActivist: 1:52am On Mar 31, 2022
MT:

No contract was violated in sanction. If you note any contract violated in any of the sanction, kindly state it. Contract is a contract, it can't be reneged on on an international stage

Please stop wasting your time trying to educate that guy. Can't you see he's not only semi-illiterate but also unteachable. See him below, besides the convoluted reasoning, do you know any sec school graduate who says "that warranted their foreign reserve freezed?"?
Adjovi:

What economic law did Russia break that warranted their foreign reserve freezed?
Re: Ukraine: What Will Happen If EU & NATO Countries Refuse To Pay For Russia's Gas? by Shascky33: 7:12am On Mar 31, 2022
pquaver:

Europe won't suffer more rather the supply to the reserves won't be so fast as there is lng alternative...
its funny how much optimism u people have. Go to twitter and here directly from the people wey the shoe dey pain for leg. If russia offs the tap, the price of gas will worsen. A liter is equivalent of 1000 naira in europe already.
Re: Ukraine: What Will Happen If EU & NATO Countries Refuse To Pay For Russia's Gas? by Lasgidipin: 12:33pm On Mar 31, 2022
BKayy:

Where exactly do you think Europe hope to get alternatives from?

My dear don't allow ignorance take the lead on you. Venezuela is seriously arming themselves up. Saudi is looking for cooperation with China incase.

You don't get it. If these Imperialists don't find alternative before December, they will lose their sanity and look for where they will get alternative by force even if it means reintroducing what they did in 17/18th century.

Civilization is just a lie to hide the fact that they (West) get what they want unchallenged. Always remember that slavery was not abolished because they felt guilty but because of mechanisation and need to force their people to buy the machines.

Think
Preach my brother, Preach!

1 Like

Re: Ukraine: What Will Happen If EU & NATO Countries Refuse To Pay For Russia's Gas? by pquaver(m): 1:00pm On Mar 31, 2022
Shascky33:

its funny how much optimism u people have. Go to twitter and here directly from the people wey the shoe dey pain for leg. If russia offs the tap, the price of gas will worsen. A liter is equivalent of 1000 naira in europe already.

My friend, I have optimism because I live there. The government is already putting things in place as buffer for it.. Let Russia off it.. And let 1 naira be 10,000 rubble let see how far
Re: Ukraine: What Will Happen If EU & NATO Countries Refuse To Pay For Russia's Gas? by Invitationn: 3:51pm On Mar 31, 2022
SKIBiNSKI:
grin grin Some where in boko haram, Ipob, looting, bandit and bombing land. No be lie
Re: Ukraine: What Will Happen If EU & NATO Countries Refuse To Pay For Russia's Gas? by holysina(m): 9:47pm On Mar 31, 2022
Igbofam:

In dollar terms that's 15cents to a dollar cheesy

Rubles is still way down there
Its 81 today, b4 next week it might be 40 to a dollar grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Ukraine: What Will Happen If EU & NATO Countries Refuse To Pay For Russia's Gas? by Caseless: 4:56am On Apr 01, 2022
Hotice085:

Special operations with over 8 Generals dead, 10000 soldiers dead , tanks destroyed and captured and after weeks of surrounding kiev are returning home empty....what a special operation
pure lies!
Re: Ukraine: What Will Happen If EU & NATO Countries Refuse To Pay For Russia's Gas? by Caseless: 5:06am On Apr 01, 2022
Horus:

The Russian central bank pegged 1 gram of gold to 5000 Rubles (currently, about 50 bucks).

At the same time, Putin made it so that Russian gas and oil can only be purchased in Rubles.

Meaning: Putin basically just pegged Russian oil and gas to gold, using paper rubles as a proxy.

Meaning: Europe will need to either buy Rubles from Putin in gold, in order to buy gas and oil, or they will have to buy directly in gold. Which means, there will soon be a lot more demand for rubles.

Currently, the forex rate for rubles to dollars is about 100:1.

But... with 5000 rubles now equaling 1 gram of gold, and oil being priced directly in gold, you're going to see a massive price disruption in these FOREX markets, in terms of how much gold a dollar can actually still buy.

Foreign countries holding our dollar debt notes in reserve will see less of a use for them, and will want to start dumping them, in order to get something more stable, something which holds its value.

Basically any currency pegged to gold now will fit the bill. Which means those countries like Japan will be dumping their dollar debt as fast as they can. They're are NOT going to go down with the ship. And they will move into more stable currencies like the Ruble.

Which will have a deflationary effect on the Ruble, making it more valuable over time.

Which means Putin will be able to re-peg the Ruble to Gold at whatever rate he wants, down the line. It's 5000 rubles today.
Tomorrow, it might be 500. And then 100. And then 10.

This also means all those excess dollars being dumped by foreign nations are about to come home and cause even worse hyperinflation than we're seeing.

Is it any wonder Biden is up on stage pleading with Europeans for regime change in Russia? He's about to have masses of angry and starving people marching through the streets here at home, demanding answers.
I knew Putin was up to something when he defied all threats to invade Ukraine - the plan is to disrupt the dollarisation of the over reliance of crude transactions on the dollar or kill the petrol dollar. I'm in for it!
Re: Ukraine: What Will Happen If EU & NATO Countries Refuse To Pay For Russia's Gas? by egbedox: 5:38pm On Apr 04, 2022
caracas:

Are u sure you are current
Last time I checked , Russia has become a pariah nation, they’ve been neglected by the whole reasonable world n organizations…

Maybe you should check again Sir.

Do you know what Citizens of the US are facing due to the break in alliance/sanctions Russia received? Cost of fuels have now skyrocketed to the point that USA citizens travel to Mexican borders to fill their tanks.

My point is not to say Russia has not been sanctioned by other powerful nations. But upon all sanctions, they are still relevant in the world economy.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Prince Harry And Meghan Markle To ‘Step Back’ From Royal Duties / Uganda Bans Female Public Servants From Showing Cleavage In The Office / Donald Trump's Supporters Pray & Speak In Tongues At Clark County

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.