Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,138 members, 7,835,813 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:23 PM

Tinubu Canceled His Colloquium Because Buhari, Adamu And APC Snubbed Him : SR - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Canceled His Colloquium Because Buhari, Adamu And APC Snubbed Him : SR (3667 Views)

Adamu Adamu And His Entourage Visits Asiwaju Bola Tinubu (Photos) / Aminu Abdussalam: Tinubu Held His Colloquium In Kano Because Of 2023 Politics / Dogara, Adamu Adamu And Tinubu Held A Special Meeting In Abuja (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu Canceled His Colloquium Because Buhari, Adamu And APC Snubbed Him : SR by ganisucks(f): 9:41am On Mar 30, 2022
Top sources familiar with the drama revealed that Tinubu used the Abuja-Kaduna train bombing only as a smokescreen.

Former Lagos State Governor and National Leader of the All Progressives Congress, Bola Tinubu, was shocked on Tuesday to realise that President Muhammadu Buhari, Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, Senate President Ahmad Lawan and a host of other dignitaries snubbed his 70th birthday colloquium, SaharaReporters has learnt.

SaharaReporters further gathered that Tinubu was therefore forced to call off the event which was only attended by two South-West governors and Kano State Governor, Abdullahi Ganduje while other expected dignitaries shunned the colloquium, which came only days after the much controversial APC national convention in Abuja.

Top sources familiar with the drama revealed that Tinubu used the Abuja-Kaduna train bombing only as a smokescreen to save face when he realised that the dignitaries had shunned the event and it would not get the momentum he so desired.

At the Eko Hotels in Lagos, the venue of the 13th Bola Ahmed Tinubu Colloquium with the theme, “Pivoting Nigeria Into The New Order,” Tinubu, while trying to hide his displeasure had said, “Today is supposed to be a very joyful 70th birthday of mine living on earth. I give thanks to God Almighty for being able to survive to this age. I have just been informed of a very sad incident in our country, very sad indeed, that over 60 people and many more were killed and bombed on a train between Kaduna and Abuja just last night. That is a very serious incident about the security of lives in this country and it calls for a very serious sober reflection.

“For me to be here celebrating, dancing and enjoying myself doesn’t show enough concern for a statesman and a senior citizen of this country. This event should not be held. I have consulted with the people you see around me here and they’ve agreed with me and being a very highly committed democrat, I have given myself to their suggestion that they agree that this event be cancelled.”

However, sources told SaharaReporters that Tinubu did not need to get to the venue of the event to make the announcement if he truly cared about the victims of the train bombing, which occurred on Monday evening, the previous night.

“Contrary to his claims, the real reason was poor attendance; Buhari boycotted; the Senate President boycotted; only three governors showed up; Ganduje, Oyetola Gboyega of Osun and Lagos Governor, Babatunde Sanwo-Olu.

“Even the new chairman of APC (Abdullahi Adamu) was absent. The Kaduna incident happened the night before. It was all false that he cared about the train victims,” one of the top sources explained.

SaharaReporters also learnt that by shunning the event, the President and other chieftains of the APC were sending Tinubu a subtle but important message – you don't have our support for 2023 presidency.

“They used their absence to send a final message to Tinubu that he won’t be their candidate. Tinubu had arrived in the hall and was ushered in by his supporters and even Governor Sanwo-Olu was ready to read his speech when the event was cancelled under the pretext that '60 persons' were killed in the Kaduna train bombing.

“He (Tinubu) only used that to save face; the truth is that he was embarrassed by the level of attendance despite assurances that heavyweights would attend.

"Even the Vice President (Prof Yemi Osinbajo) didn’t attend, though he was in Abeokuta the previous day,” another top source said.

Tinubu has been going round the country and meeting with traditional rulers and other leaders to seek support for his 2023 presidential bid which he called a “life-long ambition”.

He met with Buhari in January 2022 to formally declare his intention to run, saying he intends to step into his shoes, and not on his toes.

http://saharareporters.com/2022/03/30/exclusive-real-reason-former-lagos-governor-tinubu-cancelled-70th-birthday-colloquium

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Canceled His Colloquium Because Buhari, Adamu And APC Snubbed Him : SR by Illuminatiship(m): 9:42am On Mar 30, 2022
Foolnubu e nor go better for you and it's obvious you will be next president in the cemetery..

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Canceled His Colloquium Because Buhari, Adamu And APC Snubbed Him : SR by Truthisunique2: 9:44am On Mar 30, 2022
My own be say is yesterday the first time northernerns are getting attacked and killed by bandits?

Killings happen everyday in north including the day Tinubu declared to be President it didn't stop him from declaring

You are showing hypocrisy for north but people were killed in your backyard and you were asking for cows

32 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tinubu Canceled His Colloquium Because Buhari, Adamu And APC Snubbed Him : SR by ganisucks(f): 9:44am On Mar 30, 2022
Now the truth is starting to emerge. We are starting to see the man behind the mask. The DSS should thoroughly investigate his campaign team and closest friends. He also has to explain how he came up with the 60 figure mark.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Canceled His Colloquium Because Buhari, Adamu And APC Snubbed Him : SR by Upworkwriter007(f): 9:45am On Mar 30, 2022
lol. Tinubu canceled the event because it'll be insensitive for Buhari and Osinbajo to come after the train incident. If buhari and osinbajo were coming, i'm sure he wouldn't have cancelled it.

18 Likes

Re: Tinubu Canceled His Colloquium Because Buhari, Adamu And APC Snubbed Him : SR by Kestolove(m): 9:46am On Mar 30, 2022
SR should better admit that tinubu is the next president of Nigeria

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Canceled His Colloquium Because Buhari, Adamu And APC Snubbed Him : SR by Illuminatiship(m): 9:49am On Mar 30, 2022
Kestolove:
in Ajegunle cemetery.

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tinubu Canceled His Colloquium Because Buhari, Adamu And APC Snubbed Him : SR by helinues: 9:50am On Mar 30, 2022
Sahara deserted owned by Omoyawere

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Canceled His Colloquium Because Buhari, Adamu And APC Snubbed Him : SR by ganisucks(f): 9:51am On Mar 30, 2022
Kestolove:

I have just been informed of a very sad incident in our country, very sad indeed, that over 60 people and many more were killed and bombed on a train between Kaduna and Abuja just last night.

Who told him that 60 people were killed before the Kaduna government released the manifest that confirmed that there were 8 fatalities. When did Tinubu know, what did he know and how did he know

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Canceled His Colloquium Because Buhari, Adamu And APC Snubbed Him : SR by Penguin2: 9:52am On Mar 30, 2022
But that’s the truth even though his urchins wouldn’t wanna hear it.

Or are you telling me if Buhari had landed at Murtala Muhammed Airport for Tinubu colloquium, Tinubu will still go ahead and cancel the event?

Or that gadgets were already set for Buhari to deliver a virtual address and Tinubu will cancel the colloquium?

The opolo-eyed criminal was snubbed like I rightly predicted and the snubbing has not even begun.

Tinubu brought the Buhari disaster upon Nigeria because of his selfish quest for power but it will forever elude him.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Canceled His Colloquium Because Buhari, Adamu And APC Snubbed Him : SR by Sergio101(m): 9:55am On Mar 30, 2022
Tinubu

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu Canceled His Colloquium Because Buhari, Adamu And APC Snubbed Him : SR by Truthisunique2: 9:55am On Mar 30, 2022
ganisucks:

Who told him that 60 people were killed before the Kaduna government released the manifest that confirmed that there were 8 fatalities. When did Tinubu know, what did he know and how did he know
Tinubu the pained rat wants to be discreditng Buhari government

Shebi he said he wants to step in his shoes not toes

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Canceled His Colloquium Because Buhari, Adamu And APC Snubbed Him : SR by osinbanjoisaliar: 9:56am On Mar 30, 2022
Jagaban kolewerk. See as Buhari give am esho. I just dey pity all this boy boys for nairaland wen dey chop bread and beans very mo mo for alausa and bourdillion road. Make Tinubu no get presidency na den Aunty Remi go show una pepper. Una go collect la Bianca from am sotee una mouth go start to dey leak

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu Canceled His Colloquium Because Buhari, Adamu And APC Snubbed Him : SR by Nobody: 9:56am On Mar 30, 2022
Am not a fan of tinubu but come on, Sahara reporters is just talking bull crap here, with the recent train tragedy anyone in his right senses would not expect buhari osibanjo and co....to be attending a birthday party in the midst of all this, telling us they snub his birthday is mischievous, and I think sowore can do better than this.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Canceled His Colloquium Because Buhari, Adamu And APC Snubbed Him : SR by Sergio101(m): 9:56am On Mar 30, 2022
Kestolove:

President of Ogbomosho in oduduewu republic.

He will lead Tigger scratched face descendants of fallen demon angry

6 Likes

Re: Tinubu Canceled His Colloquium Because Buhari, Adamu And APC Snubbed Him : SR by MonkeyMods(m): 9:57am On Mar 30, 2022
This is just a tip of the iceberg! More heartbreak is on the way...nonsense and Irabiji drug addict

Kestolove:

President of your village only

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Canceled His Colloquium Because Buhari, Adamu And APC Snubbed Him : SR by Ndimkpurummiri(m): 9:57am On Mar 30, 2022
Illuminatiship:
Foolnubu e nor go better for you and it's obvious you will be next president in the cemetery..
typical ipob comment

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Canceled His Colloquium Because Buhari, Adamu And APC Snubbed Him : SR by Ndimkpurummiri(m): 9:58am On Mar 30, 2022
Sowore should stop behaving like IPOB terrorists

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Canceled His Colloquium Because Buhari, Adamu And APC Snubbed Him : SR by Sergio101(m): 9:58am On Mar 30, 2022
Ndimkpurummiri:
smiley

Yarn your usual dust

7 Likes

Re: Tinubu Canceled His Colloquium Because Buhari, Adamu And APC Snubbed Him : SR by Ndimkpurummiri(m): 9:59am On Mar 30, 2022
Sergio101:

Yarn your usual dust
i can not behave like IPOB in peace again?

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Canceled His Colloquium Because Buhari, Adamu And APC Snubbed Him : SR by TheSameGuy(m): 10:04am On Mar 30, 2022
This is Commonsensical.
But Sahara reporter and those who'll masturbate on this guess work lacked it

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu Canceled His Colloquium Because Buhari, Adamu And APC Snubbed Him : SR by osinbanjoisaliar: 10:07am On Mar 30, 2022
Ndimkpurummiri:
Sowore should stop behaving like IPOB terrorists
When sowore dey give am to Jonathan una dey clap for am. Now him dey give am 2 Tinubu hot you dey cry. As oyibo man talk beware of dem Greek people even if dem bring wakis com

7 Likes

Re: Tinubu Canceled His Colloquium Because Buhari, Adamu And APC Snubbed Him : SR by Alphagan(m): 10:08am On Mar 30, 2022
It was better Tinubu cancelled the colloquium.

We know why Sowore is angry with Tinubu, unfortunately, the activist is on his own

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Canceled His Colloquium Because Buhari, Adamu And APC Snubbed Him : SR by osinbanjoisaliar: 10:11am On Mar 30, 2022
TheSameGuy:
This is Commonsensical.
Sahara reporter and those who'll masturbate on this guess work lacked it
Wetin you dey yarn. When Tinubu announce say Buhari and full entourage go show for him talk show una just dey Para say APC don dobale for am. But as nobody gree show face, shame catch am. Jagaban no wan cry for stage na ein make am cancel him show. U no see him face dat day. Him wan cry, na just maturity na ein make am hold am

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Canceled His Colloquium Because Buhari, Adamu And APC Snubbed Him : SR by TheSameGuy(m): 10:14am On Mar 30, 2022
You just proved me right.
. thanks
osinbanjoisaliar:

Wetin you dey yarn. When Tinubu announce say Buhari and full entourage go show for him talk show una just dey Para say APC don dobale for am. But as nobody gree show face, shame catch am. Jagaban no wan cry for stage na ein make am cancel him show. U no see him face dat day. Him wan cry, na just maturity na ein make am hold am
Re: Tinubu Canceled His Colloquium Because Buhari, Adamu And APC Snubbed Him : SR by Shetemi12(m): 10:17am On Mar 30, 2022
ganisucks:
Now the truth is starting to emerge. We are starting to see the man behind the mask. The DSS should thoroughly investigate his campaign team and closest friends. He also has to explain how he came up with the 60 figure mark.

You are dumb
Re: Tinubu Canceled His Colloquium Because Buhari, Adamu And APC Snubbed Him : SR by Agbegbaorogboye: 10:18am On Mar 30, 2022
Very possible

That announcement of 60 people dead sounded petty

5 Likes

Re: Tinubu Canceled His Colloquium Because Buhari, Adamu And APC Snubbed Him : SR by ThEGodFaThEr128: 10:19am On Mar 30, 2022
alanto:
Awon oloriburuku olori pelebe
Won ni se rere won ni je ki elomiran se.
Ajegbodo alaiye baje
Gbęnu ofo soun, Omo Alayemasanfanmi

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Canceled His Colloquium Because Buhari, Adamu And APC Snubbed Him : SR by mymadam(m): 10:23am On Mar 30, 2022
Coming soon...

If the Nigerian political scene is anything to go by - which I strongly believe it is - the BAT 'get-together' will still happen in some form, eventually. Trust a Nigerian politician at your own risk!

I come in peace undecided

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Canceled His Colloquium Because Buhari, Adamu And APC Snubbed Him : SR by alanto: 10:24am On Mar 30, 2022
ThEGodFaThEr128:

Gbęnu ofo soun, Omo Alayemasanfanmi
Gbogbo iran e ni o ni sanfanni

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Canceled His Colloquium Because Buhari, Adamu And APC Snubbed Him : SR by Racoon(m): 10:36am On Mar 30, 2022
Whether the bullion vans doppelganger cancelled the useless colloquium or not, he got the blood of many Nigerians killed under this godforsaken govt.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

James Ibori Welcome Tinubu To Rivers State - Is He Also A G5 Member? / VIDEO ;Here's The Moment Apapa's Cap Was Removed & Thrown Away / Igbos Assembled To Support Akinwunmi Ambode (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.