Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,725 members, 7,955,740 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 02:05 PM

Super Eagles: Troost Ekong Apologizes On Behalf Of The Team - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Super Eagles: Troost Ekong Apologizes On Behalf Of The Team (18020 Views)

William Troost-Ekong And Wife Expecting A Baby / William Troost-Ekong In Branded Keke In Port Harcourt (Photos) / Troost-ekong Blasts Sunday Oliseh After Super Eagles Qualify For 2018 World Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Super Eagles: Troost Ekong Apologizes On Behalf Of The Team by daveahead: 7:52pm On Mar 30, 2022
U all should go and retire joor. U no sabi play. Apologies unacceptable!!!
Re: Super Eagles: Troost Ekong Apologizes On Behalf Of The Team by JOemmy(m): 7:52pm On Mar 30, 2022
festacman:
Sometimes, I feel that certain things happen for a reason. Uzoho had no reason not catching that Partey's shot. Osihmen worked like mad and missed half chances he normally scores for Napoli.

With hindsight, it may have been WRITTEN that Super Eagles going to Qatar will encourage Amaju Pinnick to continue in his shenanigans. He needed to be humbled and his hubris and selfishness exposed.

So painful that Amaju Pinnick used Nigeria to advance his political interests in CAF and FIFA. As chairman of NFF, he CRIMINALLY neglected development of game of football in Nigeria and focused on Super Eagles because he used the brand as personal PR tool. You can imagine how 'superhuman' he would have been feeling within himself if Super Eagles qualified.

Well, the game is over for him. No World Cup appearance for him show off with. His failures are before him though, unfortunately, we all sharing in them.

He has no choice now than to go after his tenure expires I heard he was even planning for a third term.
Re: Super Eagles: Troost Ekong Apologizes On Behalf Of The Team by Omodua(m): 7:55pm On Mar 30, 2022
Ademola47:
Super Eagles Vice Captain, Troost Ekong has apologized on behalf of the team.

He wrote on his Facebook page:
[i][/i]
Take your apology. You broke our hearts and confidence. How do we come to terms with Ghanaian' gratuitous insults and jests?
A bitter pill to swallow indeed.
We won't mind losing to other countries but not spineless Ghana.
Re: Super Eagles: Troost Ekong Apologizes On Behalf Of The Team by JOemmy(m): 7:57pm On Mar 30, 2022
In civilized climes they ought to have worn black bands and observed a one minute silence in honor of the dead victims of the kaduna train attack but they didnt do anything like that. Too much spilling of innocent blood in nigeria is obviously giving the country badluck in sports.

3 Likes

Re: Super Eagles: Troost Ekong Apologizes On Behalf Of The Team by Neddstark: 7:59pm On Mar 30, 2022
WibusJaga:
cool

Apologies accepted.
We were not defeated. Both matches ended in a draw. There is not much difference in quality between us and Ghana & any of the other top10 African teams.

Exactly, we were not defeated

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles: Troost Ekong Apologizes On Behalf Of The Team by Omodua(m): 8:03pm On Mar 30, 2022
festacman:
Sometimes, I feel that certain things happen for a reason. Uzoho had no reason not catching that Partey's shot. Osihmen worked like mad and missed half chances he normally scores for Napoli.

With hindsight, it may have been WRITTEN that Super Eagles going to Qatar will encourage Amaju Pinnick to continue in his shenanigans. He needed to be humbled and his hubris and selfishness exposed.

So painful that Amaju Pinnick used Nigeria to advance his political interests in CAF and FIFA. As chairman of NFF, he CRIMINALLY neglected development of game of football in Nigeria and focused on Super Eagles because he used the brand as personal PR tool. You can imagine how 'superhuman' he would have been feeling within himself if Super Eagles qualified.

Well, the game is over for him. No World Cup appearance for him show off with. His failures are before him though, unfortunately, we all sharing in them.
Festacman,you hit the nail on the head. I won't agree less.
Amaju Pinnick killed Nigerian football. He paid less attention to domestic football but uses Super Eagles to create brand for himself.
Partey who scored Ghana's winning goal plies his trade with Accra Hearts of Oak,a local team. Just like Sunday MBA who scored our winning goal with Keshi during 2013 Africa cup of nations in South Africa.
Enough of Amaju Pinnick and his rudderless NFF!
Re: Super Eagles: Troost Ekong Apologizes On Behalf Of The Team by PharNEWS(m): 8:03pm On Mar 30, 2022
Na now day break for una!
Very anyhow people
Re: Super Eagles: Troost Ekong Apologizes On Behalf Of The Team by boyency: 8:04pm On Mar 30, 2022
Gone are days were super eagles are super...

The country is " no longer at ease " by chinua Achebe..

Well,apology accepted..let's move on...
Re: Super Eagles: Troost Ekong Apologizes On Behalf Of The Team by gassbee: 8:05pm On Mar 30, 2022
So Eguaveon is waiting for us to remind him to send in his resignation letter
Re: Super Eagles: Troost Ekong Apologizes On Behalf Of The Team by Agbegbaorogboye: 8:05pm On Mar 30, 2022
It's eguavoen and pinnick that should apologize for using our national team to play kalokalo not these players who gave their best
Re: Super Eagles: Troost Ekong Apologizes On Behalf Of The Team by gbolswag(m): 8:07pm On Mar 30, 2022
Sincerely genort rohr would have secured a win yesterday...this stupid eguiveon has no tactics

he can't read the game...we lost the game because we has a useless coach

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles: Troost Ekong Apologizes On Behalf Of The Team by DavidJones98(m): 8:09pm On Mar 30, 2022
Apologies not accepted,
Ya all played absolute shit..I was dumbfounded witnessing the nonsense I was watching.u guys claim to be professionals but be playing like amateurs angry
Re: Super Eagles: Troost Ekong Apologizes On Behalf Of The Team by Ifakiland(m): 8:11pm On Mar 30, 2022
Ademola47:

[i][/i]
The truth is, Nigerian super eagle's will never respect a Nigerian coach cos they are way richer than all Nigerian coaches put together....imagine you a billionaire placed under a poorer leader....what motivation does he wanna give you??
Re: Super Eagles: Troost Ekong Apologizes On Behalf Of The Team by Dmacqh(m): 8:17pm On Mar 30, 2022
My heart goes with the S/Eagles .
It wasn’t meant to be . Even the referee did everything possible to help them , but it didn’t work .
Formation wise , I expected , Aribo to sit deep behind Onyeka .
That’s what I tell my guys , CDM ( 4 or 6 in Spain ) isn’t about strength alone . You must add finesse and technical ability. Look at Jorginho, Verratti, Busquet, Rodri, Kimmich etc , they don’t have muscle , but they are the smartest players with or without the ball .
Modric does that anytime his teams are struggling to break an opponent down, he comes back and start picking long passes from defensive half . Even Bernardo Silva does that . That’s what I expected from Aribo .
And Bassey and Aina are fine full backs . If the other players ran as much as them , the outcome would have been different. Ekong is very relaxed . He needs a push . He’s forming Nigerian Virgil . He thinks he can’t be benched. I prefer Seyi to partner Balogun.
For Uzoho , he hasn’t convinced me in any game . I wish we had Okoye . He has good distribution and very quick. Yes mistakes do happen .
And our wingers , Lookman and Dennis , failed to impress. I expected them to play through the middle , allow our fullbacks to operate the wings , which I know we have capable fullbacks. By doing that , they help Osihmen occupy the defenders . They isolated him a lot . Etebo should be our Kante . He should play free role . He played CM , but he should have been the AM and roam anywhere.
There’s no Rohr. But I give to him in bringing results no matter how bad we play .
Our problem is that we are thinking this set of Eagles can play like Guardiola teams , lol .
We missed Ndidi .
If I work hard , smart and with grace on my side , I don’t even see anything stopping me from been an Eagle in the nearest future .
Congratulations Ghana .

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles: Troost Ekong Apologizes On Behalf Of The Team by derecho(m): 8:18pm On Mar 30, 2022
Rohr single handedly qualified us? Look well, Rohr was part of our problem.Just that he fell out with his friends in NFF. Was he exceptional?
ezegenigbonine:
This is what u get when you politically removed a good coach grenort Roy who single handedly qualify us in all tournament with ease. Then we believe we can do it, there by bringing a coach that does not know his left and right. I swear I will even coach super eagle better than eguavon.

How can he play match without formation, no communication between midfielder and strikers. All our midfielders were definitely useless yesterday. No connection at all.

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles: Troost Ekong Apologizes On Behalf Of The Team by begge: 8:19pm On Mar 30, 2022
No be you curse am at all. I hear say bubu still call eguavoen and the goal keeper
Re: Super Eagles: Troost Ekong Apologizes On Behalf Of The Team by yinkeys(m): 8:19pm On Mar 30, 2022
festacman:

Respect to Big Will the captain.
Your analysis is spot on

No need to apologize to Nigerians to be honest.
As a nation we should be focusing on important issues destroying our country not the World Cup.
I only feel for the players.
Some are never going to be in the World Cup again because age isn’t on their side.
It’s a dream for professional footballers to be at the World Cup.
We have quality players but they don’t play as a unit.

Hopefully we get solid goalies from the NPFL, we’ve not had a reliable goalie since Carl Ikeme

In addition we should lure Fikayo Tomori so as to fortify our defense.

We also need an amazing box to box midfielder.

I like Austin Eguavoen’s persona & leadership qualities but he has to resign.
Nigerians gave him 2 chances (Afcon & WC qualifiers)
He failed both meanwhile new Ghana coach got the job done.
Re: Super Eagles: Troost Ekong Apologizes On Behalf Of The Team by Dmacqh(m): 8:19pm On Mar 30, 2022
And the Eagles should’ve worn black arm bands for the railway attacks and the victims .

2 Likes

Re: Super Eagles: Troost Ekong Apologizes On Behalf Of The Team by Zubydeangelo(m): 8:20pm On Mar 30, 2022
Ademola47:

[i][/i]
Be back where?
Re: Super Eagles: Troost Ekong Apologizes On Behalf Of The Team by Eastlink(m): 8:27pm On Mar 30, 2022
derecho:
Rohr single handedly qualified us? Look well, Rohr was part of our problem.Just that he fell out with his friends in NFF. Was he exceptional?
I remember how you clamoured for Rohr's removal. Hope you are happy with Eguavoen your "good" indigenous coach. Those who don't know football should maintain their silence and stop their daftover zealousness. Many of una dey do as if na today una begin watch Super Eagles match. Despite pleas by concerned Nigerians to leave Rohr to finish the World Cup qualifiers, many clowns kept calling for his sack. And you got it for your indigenous coach.

Many of us where against Rohr's sack because we knew that we have a political NFF with nothing to offer. Nigerian footbal is a reflection of the country where corrupt folks have made amess of. Rohr was the only shinning light but rather than understand the chess behind the scene, many joined the boo boys to call for his sack simply because they wanted a Yes man there. The excuse was he didn't play attractive football. Who attractive football epp? Did Deschamp play attractive football to win France the World Cup. Did Portugal play attractive football win Euro? Did Italy play attractive football to also win Euros? What matters is results which Rohr gave us in abundance.

What Rohr needed was a technical assistant of which he requested for but what did we give him. We sacked the two white assistant coaches that came with him and replaced them with the likes of Adepoju, Yobo and other clowns.

Even when he was owed months log of salary, he still didn't complain but went about his job passionately.
Re: Super Eagles: Troost Ekong Apologizes On Behalf Of The Team by Mikeinstanta123: 8:27pm On Mar 30, 2022
When we were one nil down the urgency came both left and right and 10mins to that the goal came,, so what happened after the goal?? Now u are telling me you are sorry can u tell Bet9ja to return my 15k I staked on ya and senegal to qualify? U can't even tell the coach to remove that culprit Bassey on the defence flank. Yur apology not accepted! I am Mikeinstanta
Re: Super Eagles: Troost Ekong Apologizes On Behalf Of The Team by Nobody: 8:29pm On Mar 30, 2022
Ademola47:

[i][/i]
all y'all got is cheese balls.
Re: Super Eagles: Troost Ekong Apologizes On Behalf Of The Team by derecho(m): 8:29pm On Mar 30, 2022
Maybe the fallout is for others like you to have a chance.If this hadn't happened, it'd be difficult for new intakes. Why?Most of them are in their early twenties and have less competition because of the kind of coach we have.
I'm not happy they lost but trust Nigeria, people like Musa and other older players will be forced to hang their boots.
4years is a long time and there'd be a shaking.
Dmacqh:
My heart goes with the S/Eagles .
It wasn’t meant to be . Even the referee did everything possible to help them , but it didn’t work .
Formation wise , I expected , Aribo to sit deep behind Onyeka .
That’s what I tell my guys , CDM ( 4 or 6 in Spain ) isn’t about strength alone . You must add finesse and technical ability. Look at Jorginho, Verratti, Busquet, Rodri, Kimmich etc , they don’t have muscle , but they are the smartest players with or without the ball .
Modric does that anytime his teams are struggling to break an opponent down, he comes back and start picking long passes from defensive half . Even Bernardo Silva does that . That’s what I expected from Aribo .
And Bassey and Aina are fine full backs . If the other players ran as much as them , the outcome would have been different. Ekong is very relaxed . He needs a push . He’s forming Nigerian Virgil . He thinks he can’t be benched. I prefer Seyi to partner Balogun.
For Uzoho , he hasn’t convinced me in any game . I wish we had Okoye . He has good distribution and very quick. Yes mistakes do happen .
And our wingers , Lookman and Dennis , failed to impress. I expected them to play through the middle , allow our fullbacks to operate the wings , which I know we have capable fullbacks. By doing that , they help Osihmen occupy the defenders . They isolated him a lot . Etebo should be our Kante . He should play free role . He played CM , but he should have been the AM and roam anywhere.
There’s no Rohr. But I give to him in bringing results no matter how bad we play .
Our problem is that we are thinking this set of Eagles can play like Guardiola teams , lol .
We missed Ndidi .
If I work hard , smart and with grace on my side , I don’t even see anything stopping me from been an Eagle in the nearest future .
Congratulations Ghana .
Re: Super Eagles: Troost Ekong Apologizes On Behalf Of The Team by abokikhalifa: 8:38pm On Mar 30, 2022
WibusJaga:
cool

Apologies accepted.
We were not defeated. Both matches ended in a draw. There is not much difference in quality between us and Ghana & any of the other top10 African teams.
But the so called Giant of Africa won't participate in the world cup. Clap for yourself.
Re: Super Eagles: Troost Ekong Apologizes On Behalf Of The Team by LLiKYekoba: 8:38pm On Mar 30, 2022
You don't need to apologize. God is punishing nigeria to shedding innocent blood and injustice against the East. The country is cursed with more praying against it everyday.
Re: Super Eagles: Troost Ekong Apologizes On Behalf Of The Team by derecho(m): 8:41pm On Mar 30, 2022
I never clamoured for his sack but there was nothing special about him other than he's white and players would respect him.Oh, so he was technically deficient and needed help too?

I'm not a racist and I don't hate white coaches but why can't we get correct white coaches? For them to owe Rohr and treat him like that,he knows his deal with them.
But do you honestly think no Nigerian coach can successfully coach our team if treated well?
Eastlink:
I remember how you clamoured for Rohr's removal. Hope you are happy with Eguavoen your "good" indigenous coach. Those who don't know football should maintajn their silence. Many of us where against Rohr's sack because we knew that we have a political NFF with nothing to offer.

What Rohr needed was a technical assistant of which he requested for but what did we give him. We sacked the two white assistant coaches that came with him and replaced them with the likes of Adepoju, Yobo and other clowns.

Even when he was owed months log of salary, he still didn't complain but went about his job passionately.
Re: Super Eagles: Troost Ekong Apologizes On Behalf Of The Team by Cmanforall: 8:44pm On Mar 30, 2022
Ademola47:

[i][/i]
He shouldn't come back. Ndidi we need!
And mention the Minister when he's already mentioned 'Nigerians' maybe shows whosoever has his contact may get a playing slot in the Super Eaglesgrin
Re: Super Eagles: Troost Ekong Apologizes On Behalf Of The Team by Dmacqh(m): 8:45pm On Mar 30, 2022
derecho:
Maybe the fallout is for others like you to have a chance.If this hadn't happened, it'd be difficult for new intakes. Why?Most of them are in their early twenties and have less competition because of the kind of coach we have.
I'm not happy they lost but trust Nigeria, people like Musa and other older players will be forced to hang their boots.
4years is a long time and there'd be a shaking.

We don’t pray for the downfall of others to rise .
Yes , some situations creates or blocks opportunities.
The sky is too big for every eagle to fly .
I wished they made it to Qatar .
On my own side , it’s for me to make the smart moves , play and pray , work hard and hope on grace .
When someone is good , he’s good .
I don’t brag . I believe in myself . Though my career is left for the saints to decide .
In football you need God and a helper.
Re: Super Eagles: Troost Ekong Apologizes On Behalf Of The Team by webizone(m): 8:50pm On Mar 30, 2022
Well, na to dey always remember Atlanta '96 be that.
Re: Super Eagles: Troost Ekong Apologizes On Behalf Of The Team by SyborgX: 9:00pm On Mar 30, 2022
I cant believe Ekong is learning to be a politician too.

We gave it our best....We will be back stronger...

All that talk is just rubbish that you know. After playing like all of you hated to qualify, passing lazily and boringly around as if nothing is at stake, missing chances and playing the kind of nonsense you would never play at your clubs. Even for a game as critical as this. How can you play a whole 90mins in Ghana without playing a single shot to the goalpost and now you want to tell me you dont know the advantage of playing away first is to get the away goal first. How can you play a corner kick over the goal area to the throw-in line on the other side of the post. Carelessly passing in your defence.Did you ever want to play in the World Cup?

If you know you dont want to represent Naija, omo just stay in your club, dont come and play nonsense and start telling us 'we tried our best', like the way Buhari and his service chiefs will soon tell us they are reassuring us of our safety, after over how many people have already been killed in the Abuja-Kaduna train attack. Dont just do that kind of thing. You know how many Nigerians put on their generators to see you play. Go and ask how much fuel is...We will be back stronger nonsense.

By the way anybody know where Sunday Mba went after winning 2013 Nations Cup. I just lost track of that guy...
Re: Super Eagles: Troost Ekong Apologizes On Behalf Of The Team by SyborgX: 9:07pm On Mar 30, 2022
Super Eagles' stupidity has absolutely nothing to do with the skin of the coach. Our last trophy was won by Christain Chukwu, who is a Nigerian and had also helped Togo qualify for their first and only World Cup in 2006. So can we please stop all these coach talk. Thank you.
SyborgX:
I cant believe Ekong is learning to be a politician too.

We gave it our best....We will be back stronger...

All that talk is just rubbish that you know. After playing like all of you hated to qualify, passing lazily and boringly around as if nothing is at stake, missing chances and playing the kind of nonsense you would never play at your clubs. Even for a game as critical as this. How can you play a whole 90mins in Ghana without playing a single shot to the goalpost and now you want to tell me you dont know the advantage of playing away first is to get the away goal first. How can you play a corner kick over the goal area to the throw-in line on the other side of the post. Carelessly passing in your defence.Did you ever want to play in the World Cup?

If you know you dont want to represent Naija, omo just stay in your club, dont come and play nonsense and start telling us 'we tried our best', like the way Buhari and his service chiefs will soon tell us they are reassuring us of our safety, after over how many people have already been killed in the Abuja-Kaduna train attack. Dont just do that kind of thing. You know how many Nigerians put on their generators to see you play. Go and ask how much fuel is...We will be back stronger nonsense.

By the way anybody know where Sunday Mba went after winning 2013 Nations Cup. I just lost track of that guy...
Re: Super Eagles: Troost Ekong Apologizes On Behalf Of The Team by otokx(m): 9:07pm On Mar 30, 2022
Look at his useless words of it was not meant to be.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mikel Obi Denies Donating N11m To Dream Team / Immigration Officer Involved In Calabar Electrocution Tragedy Dies / The Yobo's Family Shares Cute Selfie (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.