Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,968 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:44 AM

Super Eagles: Troost Ekong Apologizes On Behalf Of The Team - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Super Eagles: Troost Ekong Apologizes On Behalf Of The Team (17927 Views)

William Troost-Ekong And Wife Expecting A Baby / William Troost-Ekong In Branded Keke In Port Harcourt (Photos) / Troost-ekong Blasts Sunday Oliseh After Super Eagles Qualify For 2018 World Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Super Eagles: Troost Ekong Apologizes On Behalf Of The Team by Emdebby2: 9:14pm On Mar 30, 2022
I'm not a football fan so I didn't watch it. Anyway...apology accepted.
Re: Super Eagles: Troost Ekong Apologizes On Behalf Of The Team by Bamzyriches451: 9:28pm On Mar 30, 2022
Damn!
He should take the apologies to his family members, we don't need it
Re: Super Eagles: Troost Ekong Apologizes On Behalf Of The Team by Bbbw: 9:30pm On Mar 30, 2022
After failure they are use to apologizing just sack all of them coz they will fail again
Re: Super Eagles: Troost Ekong Apologizes On Behalf Of The Team by IbileIfe: 9:42pm On Mar 30, 2022
festacman:
Sometimes, I feel that certain things happen for a reason. Uzoho had no reason not catching that Partey's shot. Osihmen worked like mad and missed half chances he normally scores for Napoli.

With hindsight, it may have been WRITTEN that Super Eagles going to Qatar will encourage Amaju Pinnick to continue in his shenanigans. He needed to be humbled and his hubris and selfishness exposed.

So painful that Amaju Pinnick used Nigeria to advance his political interests in CAF and FIFA. As chairman of NFF, he CRIMINALLY neglected development of game of football in Nigeria and focused on Super Eagles because he used the brand as personal PR tool. You can imagine how 'superhuman' he would have been feeling within himself if Super Eagles qualified.

Well, the game is over for him. No World Cup appearance for him show off with. His failures are before him though, unfortunately, we all sharing in them.

You said it all
Re: Super Eagles: Troost Ekong Apologizes On Behalf Of The Team by IbileIfe: 9:46pm On Mar 30, 2022
boyency:
Gone are days were super eagles are super...

The country is " no longer at ease " by chinua Achebe..

Well,apology accepted..let's move on...
Because Things fell apart.
Re: Super Eagles: Troost Ekong Apologizes On Behalf Of The Team by aribisala0(m): 10:00pm On Mar 30, 2022
mymadam:
Oga Troost, u no thank una coaching crew especially dat man called Eguavon or wetin b dat im name sef? Abi d bobo no try ni? lipsrsealed
The problem is Pinnick not Eguavoen

Has Nigerian football moved forward under Pinnick? Whether in development of the National league or the Super Eagles after several years

He should go
He is responsible
Re: Super Eagles: Troost Ekong Apologizes On Behalf Of The Team by myami: 10:02pm On Mar 30, 2022
Angelfrost:

I share in nothing... The game ended well in my honest and unbiased opinion!

I am very okay with all the African representatives heading to Qatar! Thank you.
so you mean you wont feel anything when green white green is not hoisted in qatar. You are cold
Re: Super Eagles: Troost Ekong Apologizes On Behalf Of The Team by ezegenigbonine: 10:05pm On Mar 30, 2022
derecho:
Rohr single handedly qualified us? Look well, Rohr was part of our problem.Just that he fell out with his friends in NFF. Was he exceptional?

My brother weather you like it or not, rohr is better than this eguavon.
Re: Super Eagles: Troost Ekong Apologizes On Behalf Of The Team by M1Garand(m): 10:21pm On Mar 30, 2022
festacman:
Sometimes, I feel that certain things happen for a reason. Uzoho had no reason not catching that Partey's shot Osihmen worked like mad and missed half chances he normally scores for Napoli.

With hindsight, it may have been WRITTEN that Super Eagles going to Qatar will encourage Amaju Pinnick to continue in his shenanigans. He needed to be humbled and his hubris and selfishness exposed.

So painful that Amaju Pinnick used Nigeria to advance his political interests in CAF and FIFA. As chairman of NFF, he CRIMINALLY neglected development of game of football in Nigeria and focused on Super Eagles because he used the brand as personal PR tool. You can imagine how 'superhuman' he would have been feeling within himself if Super Eagles qualified.

Well, the game is over for him. No World Cup appearance for him show off with. His failures are before him though, unfortunately, we all sharing in them.

I have always said it the number 1 problem of the team is NFF led by Pinnick. Under him Under 17 and Under 20 has been largely nonexistent and now the super eagles. He only banks on bringing foreign players to play for us which is another PR tool. You summed it up well.
Re: Super Eagles: Troost Ekong Apologizes On Behalf Of The Team by Nobody: 10:39pm On Mar 30, 2022
festacman:
Sometimes, I feel that certain things happen for a reason. Uzoho had no reason not catching that Partey's shot. Osihmen worked like mad and missed half chances he normally scores for Napoli.

Pinnick had his coach who qualified for every tournament but Nigerian fans and Journalists forced him to sack that Coach so for once, I absolve the NFF of any blame. This will teach us to allow professionals do their jobs. Pressmen like Godwin Enaghena, Kelechi and co need to tell us why they crucified the one man who was getting the job done the best way he could. Thank God that Journalists are the ones who will lose the most money from this disaster. I too know sports writers!
Re: Super Eagles: Troost Ekong Apologizes On Behalf Of The Team by Angelfrost(m): 10:44pm On Mar 30, 2022
myami:
so you mean you wont feel anything when green white green is not hoisted in qatar. You are cold

Absolutely nothing sir... Not a damn thing!
Re: Super Eagles: Troost Ekong Apologizes On Behalf Of The Team by derecho(m): 10:57pm On Mar 30, 2022
I never said Eguaveon was better.Just saying sacking Rohr shouldn't be an excuse to lose games.
By the way, have we ever faced Ghana under Rohr? Just curious
ezegenigbonine:

My brother weather you like it or not, rohr is better than this eguavon.
Re: Super Eagles: Troost Ekong Apologizes On Behalf Of The Team by Chardon90(m): 11:20pm On Mar 30, 2022
We4all:
Okay. We can only listen to you because you’re good looking but we will not accept your apologies.

Super Eagles is so messed up and couldn’t even qualify for the World Cup. During Westerhof’s reign, at least we used to make it to the second round of the tournament.

Pinnick should go already and pave way for a competent hand. That guy is as incompetent as Buhari.

Those Ajebo players like Okoye should be replaced with local squads who are thirsty for success. I know so many street footballers who can perform better than those Super Chicken. RIP, Super Chicken!

You spoke my mind already. This is the exact thing I was telling someone. Most of those guys that play street football could have given a much better performance than what those guys performed, yet they wouldn't be giving such opportunity. It is so pathetic
Re: Super Eagles: Troost Ekong Apologizes On Behalf Of The Team by godwon01(m): 11:36pm On Mar 30, 2022
Don't insult them. This world cup qualifiers between them and Ghana is more spiritual than physical. Ghanaian used extra judicial means to secure the ticket. If you don't believe me , you can take night train from Abuja to Kaduna and face the consequences.
Re: Super Eagles: Troost Ekong Apologizes On Behalf Of The Team by Sleekfingers: 12:14am On Mar 31, 2022
Ademola47:
Super Eagles Vice Captain, Troost Ekong has apologized on behalf of the team.

He wrote on his Facebook page:
[i][/i]

Thunder fire you there......na God save una say , no be lagos una play.....boys for bust bottles for una heads......
Re: Super Eagles: Troost Ekong Apologizes On Behalf Of The Team by Reflect7: 1:06am On Mar 31, 2022
Eastlink:
I remember how you clamoured for Rohr's removal. Hope you are happy with Eguavoen your "good" indigenous coach. Those who don't know football should maintain their silence and stop their daftover zealousness. Many of una dey do as if na today una begin watch Super Eagles match. Despite pleas by concerned Nigerians to leave Rohr to finish the World Cup qualifiers, many clowns kept calling for his sack. And you got it for your indigenous coach.

Many of us where against Rohr's sack because we knew that we have a political NFF with nothing to offer. Nigerian footbal is a reflection of the country where corrupt folks have made amess of. Rohr was the only shinning light but rather than understand the chess behind the scene, many joined the boo boys to call for his sack simply because they wanted a Yes man there. The excuse was he didn't play attractive football. Who attractive football epp? Did Deschamp play attractive football to win France the World Cup. Did Portugal play attractive football win Euro? Did Italy play attractive football to also win Euros? What matters is results which Rohr gave us in abundance.

What Rohr needed was a technical assistant of which he requested for but what did we give him. We sacked the two white assistant coaches that came with him and replaced them with the likes of Adepoju, Yobo and other clowns.

Even when he was owed months log of salary, he still didn't complain but went about his job passionately.

Oh shut your slave mouth.

Was it not under Rohr the Super Eagles conceded 4 goals at home to Sierra Leone and lost AT HOME to Central African Republic?

If Eguavoen had overseen that, would you have allowed him to continue as coach or would you have called for his head, since he's not ''white''?

Rubbish.
Re: Super Eagles: Troost Ekong Apologizes On Behalf Of The Team by Godmademan(m): 2:23am On Mar 31, 2022
After that invasion of the stadium I would find it hard to play for Nigeria again If I was a footballer. The threats to the players after AFCoN was silly too. Can't die cos I'm playing for Nigeria
Re: Super Eagles: Troost Ekong Apologizes On Behalf Of The Team by AFONJAPIG(m): 2:52am On Mar 31, 2022
Apologies kee you there... Enyimba will best this Black riot colour Jersey Ghanaians... anyway am happy for Ghanaians, what are we going to do in Qatar When we are at war within
Re: Super Eagles: Troost Ekong Apologizes On Behalf Of The Team by Nobody: 4:10am On Mar 31, 2022
The blame should go to the coach and Technical department. Egwuavoen lacked ideas and game plan coming into that game, infact he had none.

The team could not complete 3 successive passes. There was no midfield, no build up play, they depended on long passes and strikers. Which coach trains his players to play without direction and game plan.

I expect him to honorably resign
Re: Super Eagles: Troost Ekong Apologizes On Behalf Of The Team by Lucymercy: 4:37am On Mar 31, 2022
[color=#006600][/color]
Ademola47:
Super Eagles Vice Captain, Troost Ekong has apologized on behalf of the team.

He wrote on his Facebook page:
[i][/i]
How l wish you guys know what you have done l lost #93k on my country other national team delivered except Super Chicken... Money wen l don plan for my children school fees. Una papa!!!
Re: Super Eagles: Troost Ekong Apologizes On Behalf Of The Team by yinkeys(m): 8:58am On Mar 31, 2022
AFONJAPIG:
Apologies kee you there... Enyimba will best this Black riot colour Jersey Ghanaians... anyway am happy for Ghanaians, what are we going to do in Qatar When we are at war within
You sure about that ?
Serious
Enyimba will beat Ghana when our best legs super eagles can’t. Smh
Re: Super Eagles: Troost Ekong Apologizes On Behalf Of The Team by blaquebelle: 10:15am On Mar 31, 2022
So what do you suggest we do about the crying blood. Or do you think Nigeria is doomed forever?
PROPHETmichael:
These set of players don't understand what it takes to wear the green
white green jersey for Nigeria. Moreover, it's not their fault; there are too many blood in the land crying for justice. A nation where everywhere is crying for justice in the land cannot prosper.

Re: Super Eagles: Troost Ekong Apologizes On Behalf Of The Team by blaquebelle: 10:16am On Mar 31, 2022
Lucymercy:
[color=#006600][/color] How l wish you guys know what you have done l lost #93k on my country's other national team delivered except Super Chicken... Money wen l don plan for my children school fees. Una papa!!!
You are completely at fault. God save your family
Re: Super Eagles: Troost Ekong Apologizes On Behalf Of The Team by Litmus: 11:46am On Mar 31, 2022
Ultimately Eagles players are worst affected than majority of Nigerians. Each player lost, possibly, a lifetime chance of participating in the pinnacle event of thire profession. The calibre of players in this iteration of the Eagles weren't going to win the World Cup or even advance the reputation of Africa football by surpassing the stage formerly achieved by an Africa team in a World Cup. When football interested Nigerians take time to consider overall they may agree and be comforted.
Re: Super Eagles: Troost Ekong Apologizes On Behalf Of The Team by AFONJAPIG(m): 12:08pm On Mar 31, 2022
yinkeys:

You sure about that ?
Serious
Enyimba will beat Ghana when our best legs super eagles can’t. Smh
kwara United will rubbish them, wetin u get nah benchers playing in 5th division in Europe
Re: Super Eagles: Troost Ekong Apologizes On Behalf Of The Team by kmaster007: 1:25pm On Mar 31, 2022
Local coach don local us
Re: Super Eagles: Troost Ekong Apologizes On Behalf Of The Team by Lucymercy: 5:51pm On Mar 31, 2022
[color=#006600][/color]
blaquebelle:

You are completely at fault. God save your family
And save yours too......do you know me to judge me.. Idiot!
Re: Super Eagles: Troost Ekong Apologizes On Behalf Of The Team by blaquebelle: 6:03pm On Mar 31, 2022
Lucymercy:
[color=#006600][/color] And save yours too......do you know me to judge me.. Idiot!
Amen. We all need saving
Re: Super Eagles: Troost Ekong Apologizes On Behalf Of The Team by Lucymercy: 6:23pm On Mar 31, 2022
[color=#006600][/color]
blaquebelle:
Amen. We all need saving
Good
Re: Super Eagles: Troost Ekong Apologizes On Behalf Of The Team by Eastlink(m): 7:14pm On Mar 31, 2022
Reflect7:

Oh shut your slave mouth.

Was it not under Rohr the Super Eagles conceded 4 goals at home to Sierra Leone and lost AT HOME to Central African Republic?

If Eguavoen had overseen that, would you have allowed him to continue as coach or would you have called for his head, since he's not ''white''?

Rubbish.

Say it without crying clown. Conceeded 4 goal to draw not lose. And yet the team qualified to the play off stage. Get sense you no gree, na to join boo boys kill better thing you sabi.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Uruguay Vs Saudi Arabia: World Cup, (1 - 0) On 20th June 2018 / Carrick To Lead United Against Arsenal Following Rangnick's Work Visa Issues / We’re Confident To Go Far And Make Nigerians Proud – Iwobi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.