Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,498 members, 7,830,504 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:08 AM

Senate Asks Multichoice To Introduce Pay-Per-View Packages - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Asks Multichoice To Introduce Pay-Per-View Packages (30668 Views)

Senate Asks Service Chiefs To Resign / Senate Asks Supreme Court To Reinstate Onnoghen, Says Buhari Can’t Remove CJN / Senate Asks INEC To Announce June 12, 1993 Election Results (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Asks Multichoice To Introduce Pay-Per-View Packages by lexy2014: 4:39pm On Mar 30, 2022
Jostoman:
they trying on this one Oga.

how are they trying?
Re: Senate Asks Multichoice To Introduce Pay-Per-View Packages by tomzyELNINO: 4:40pm On Mar 30, 2022
You cant force them to reduce their pricing.

You should first of all force the Government to first reduce cost of fuel, diesel, electricity & overall cost of doing business etc.

However, they should be forced to introduce pay-per-view.

1 Like

Re: Senate Asks Multichoice To Introduce Pay-Per-View Packages by AdeniyiA(m): 4:41pm On Mar 30, 2022
Good one, but I pray no brown envelop exchange hand which can make the whole noise evaporate undecided
Re: Senate Asks Multichoice To Introduce Pay-Per-View Packages by nairaman66(m): 4:43pm On Mar 30, 2022
Iykmann:
What do you mean by you can't dictate to a private business? Government has the right to regularly check the excesses of every business enterprise. it is only in Nigeria people think they have the right to add the price of goods anyhow they like.

The point is simple. If the government was able to supply steady power etc. They can dictate price control and all that. They have the right to increase their goods and services!

What about government raising tax on everything they way they like? Or are you forgetting actions and consequences?

1 Like

Re: Senate Asks Multichoice To Introduce Pay-Per-View Packages by kayperry: 4:45pm On Mar 30, 2022
SarkinYarki:
This is not the call of the Senate !!!! It's not their duty ..the Senate should ask NTA to deploy it's own satellite TV service to compete with DSTV

"Consumer interest" is tantamount to 'People interest" besides if people interest is not the responsibility of the senate then whose call ?

I have forgotten there name but an activist coalition that stands for consumer protection over network & cable useage are working in collaboration with the senate. i believe you agree consumers need protection
Re: Senate Asks Multichoice To Introduce Pay-Per-View Packages by sinola(m): 4:45pm On Mar 30, 2022
This is best news i'm hearing this year...wow!
Re: Senate Asks Multichoice To Introduce Pay-Per-View Packages by MARKone(m): 4:45pm On Mar 30, 2022
Dollar is at 600 Naira, they buy diesel close to 700 bucks per liter, there is no light to power their equipment, so they'd be running 18hrs per day averagely on Generators, unfriendly business environment plus Taxes, the Agbada wearing Gangsters are telling them to reduce prices? Clowns.

4 Likes

Re: Senate Asks Multichoice To Introduce Pay-Per-View Packages by Omotosho1090905(m): 4:45pm On Mar 30, 2022
Misplaced priority
Re: Senate Asks Multichoice To Introduce Pay-Per-View Packages by Soulsymbol99: 4:46pm On Mar 30, 2022
Ghana must go(although na naija later go yesterday grin) will move around the matter will be forgotten and the monopoly will continue embarassed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate Asks Multichoice To Introduce Pay-Per-View Packages by Ennygi: 4:47pm On Mar 30, 2022
Tecno camon17pro 8gb 256gb is Available.....90k... the new one is 145k... with charger, carton, receipt...
Re: Senate Asks Multichoice To Introduce Pay-Per-View Packages by frowland(m): 4:49pm On Mar 30, 2022
A whole giant of Africa consuming South Africa services. Such a shame!
Re: Senate Asks Multichoice To Introduce Pay-Per-View Packages by buckeyemedia: 4:49pm On Mar 30, 2022
DropsMic:
Fingers crossed
They should start with NTA.
Re: Senate Asks Multichoice To Introduce Pay-Per-View Packages by buckeyemedia: 4:51pm On Mar 30, 2022
frowland:
A whole giant of Africa consuming South Africa services. Such a shame!
Shame on who, it is private business, go & start your own.

Not everyone in South Africa has Dstv, not everyone uses MTN.
Re: Senate Asks Multichoice To Introduce Pay-Per-View Packages by Deeprooted: 4:53pm On Mar 30, 2022
For the 1000th time
Re: Senate Asks Multichoice To Introduce Pay-Per-View Packages by Tonymegabush1(m): 4:53pm On Mar 30, 2022
This my narrative is not connected to dstv per say but I could remember vividly about a particular scenario, after subscribing my pay tv, my service had issue with their network mask that hoodlums attack their station and made away with some of their equipments. now here is my grievance with this ppl immediately I learnt about their ordeal I pleaded with them what will be the fate of their customers since we have subscribed for the month before the incidence, they said once they return back to service they will look into it.. brother & sisters as I say this service providers came back online and refuse to compensate us. That was how my one month subscription run down without been used..

I support pay as you view subscription

2 Likes

Re: Senate Asks Multichoice To Introduce Pay-Per-View Packages by frowland(m): 4:54pm On Mar 30, 2022
buckeyemedia:
Shame on who, it is private business, go & start your own.

Seems you don’t get it? Never mind.
Re: Senate Asks Multichoice To Introduce Pay-Per-View Packages by Exceed15: 4:57pm On Mar 30, 2022
Even multichoice no longer takes the Senate serious.
Re: Senate Asks Multichoice To Introduce Pay-Per-View Packages by Naropii4omenic(m): 4:58pm On Mar 30, 2022
Re: Senate Asks Multichoice To Introduce Pay-Per-View Packages by NaughtyBrainiac: 4:58pm On Mar 30, 2022
Pnorh:
If they can comply It,... then it’s a nice development.
The Pay per View is a good development but will only be good for people that need it for just a few days( like 2 to 3 days). It will be very expensive compared to a monthly subscription.

If a Package is N9000 for one month i.e N300 per day
A pay per view package, let's say one day package for example will be around N700 per day.

A customer that subscribes for 13 days( pay per view) in a month would spend N9100, that's N100 more than someone who enjoyed a 30-day bulk subscription at N9000.

The same analysis goes for pay per hour, pay per minute, pay per second view.

The provider will eventually make more money because a lot of customers that can't get bulk sum to pay for monthly subscription will subscribe to pay per view everytime they have small funds.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Asks Multichoice To Introduce Pay-Per-View Packages by BuddhaPalm(m): 4:58pm On Mar 30, 2022
While they are at it, why not dictate then prices of kpomo, goat meat, beef, onions, gucci handbags, and everything else.
Re: Senate Asks Multichoice To Introduce Pay-Per-View Packages by buckeyemedia: 4:58pm On Mar 30, 2022
frowland:

Seems you don’t get it? Never mind.
Stateside one needs Direct TV & cable to be on point, DSTV shows everything, Showtime, HBO, most especially pay per view boxing is free on Dstv.

Yankee $49.99.

Dstv you also get to watch all the Premiership matches.

Respect Dstv.
Re: Senate Asks Multichoice To Introduce Pay-Per-View Packages by Phyde: 4:59pm On Mar 30, 2022
Now their money don finish. Oya DSTV do the needful and shut their mouth with huge alerts till another 2 years grin grin grin
Re: Senate Asks Multichoice To Introduce Pay-Per-View Packages by Phyde: 5:01pm On Mar 30, 2022
sinola:
This is best news i'm hearing this year...wow!
News we have been hearing for the past 15 years.
Re: Senate Asks Multichoice To Introduce Pay-Per-View Packages by kazma1010(m): 5:04pm On Mar 30, 2022
That's what they use to say doing COVID tym something like that was seld and d house summon d mutichuce MD he did not answer he sends he av COVID den till new nothing as b don abeg make una no full us there is corruptions in dat department ther is some people that are eating from them, if they can do it like that it will b better coz our electricity is not good in dis country
Re: Senate Asks Multichoice To Introduce Pay-Per-View Packages by babajero(m): 5:07pm On Mar 30, 2022
Everything in the helm of rulership in Nigeria are just scam, how can you tell people doing business to reduce price and run at loss, while you people who increased every commodity that made it so will keep on increasing the prices. At present we don't have house of assembly what we have is yes-men and rubber stamp.
Re: Senate Asks Multichoice To Introduce Pay-Per-View Packages by gwinaB(m): 5:10pm On Mar 30, 2022
They need make a law that makes it impossible for any pay tv to have exclusive broadcasting rights over any program except it's an event. That way other people to access rights to sports stations that dstv enjoys monopoly and it will make room for choices by the consumers.
Re: Senate Asks Multichoice To Introduce Pay-Per-View Packages by tuoyoojo(m): 5:16pm On Mar 30, 2022
This is a call to collect their cut

After cut, they would be placed on premium package for free, then the matter go die and they will replay it the following year

Na people wen still dey dstv I feel for

Spending money with little return

I am still enjoying tstv, 100 hundred channel for more than 3 months I have not paid a dime

Tstv dey do us honeymoon

1 Like

Re: Senate Asks Multichoice To Introduce Pay-Per-View Packages by Benrosaria(m): 5:17pm On Mar 30, 2022
For real was FG asking??

Same FG that sad they would launch a New NiG-sat soon ??
Re: Senate Asks Multichoice To Introduce Pay-Per-View Packages by do4luv14(m): 5:17pm On Mar 30, 2022
which kind mumu ask be this, direct them to do it, or they lose their license,

what nonsense
Re: Senate Asks Multichoice To Introduce Pay-Per-View Packages by Pofgrace(m): 5:22pm On Mar 30, 2022
Hezzyluv:
Could that be the reason Chanel 29 (Nigeria Idol) just disappeared from Gotv without explanationsundecided

Again, what Senate are doing is misplaced priority. They supposed to think of a way to make this thin be pay as you go. embarassed

Multichoice level of exploitation na promax.

If not for that their monopoly on EPL, wetin concern person concern DStv
it disappeared on DStv too
Re: Senate Asks Multichoice To Introduce Pay-Per-View Packages by frowland(m): 5:30pm On Mar 30, 2022
buckeyemedia:
Stateside one needs Direct TV & cable to be on point, DSTV shows everything, Showtime, HBO, most especially pay per view boxing is free on Dstv.

Yankee $49.99.

Dstv you also get to watch all the Premiership matches.

Respect Dstv.

You still don’t get it! Anyway’

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Girl Without Limbs Receives Help From Kano State Government. Photos / New Photos Of Yahaya Bello In Germany / One Killed At APC Convention In Agege, Lagos (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.