Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,578 members, 7,812,877 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:09 PM

Senate Asks Multichoice To Introduce Pay-Per-View Packages - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Asks Multichoice To Introduce Pay-Per-View Packages (30645 Views)

Senate Asks Service Chiefs To Resign / Senate Asks Supreme Court To Reinstate Onnoghen, Says Buhari Can’t Remove CJN / Senate Asks INEC To Announce June 12, 1993 Election Results (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Asks Multichoice To Introduce Pay-Per-View Packages by akpunda86: 5:32pm On Mar 30, 2022
Maxymilliano:

https://www.thecable.ng/just-in-senate-asks-multichoice-to-reduce-prices-of-dstv-gotv-packages/amp

To me the senate are stupid ,telling sumone to reduce price of wat u can't produce,is like telling cocoa cola to reduce price of coke,
All we need is PAYG if they like let them charge millions I'm using TSTV and I'm paying for channels I need so y not DSTV.

Govt don't give them subsidy for diesel all we need are friendly pocket tarrifs and policies from Govt.
This southAfricans are criminals
Re: Senate Asks Multichoice To Introduce Pay-Per-View Packages by sapientia(m): 5:33pm On Mar 30, 2022
if they cant make gain, they will leave

we have a clueless government

Is it their fault there is no power in Nigeria?
Re: Senate Asks Multichoice To Introduce Pay-Per-View Packages by Nobody: 5:36pm On Mar 30, 2022
Yes, pay per view is the right way, Senate must protect Nigerian consumers, for this is their job.

DSTV makes a lot of money from Nigeria, they should improve on their infrastructure, pay per view is the right way to go.
Re: Senate Asks Multichoice To Introduce Pay-Per-View Packages by stharrykay(m): 5:36pm On Mar 30, 2022
They are now saying this because Tstv is doing that, they do or not Tstv has come to stay
Re: Senate Asks Multichoice To Introduce Pay-Per-View Packages by 7Randall: 5:37pm On Mar 30, 2022
Maxymilliano:

https://www.thecable.ng/just-in-senate-asks-multichoice-to-reduce-prices-of-dstv-gotv-packages/amp
Pay per view will actually be more expensive than what we are paying for currently. But we will find out about that later.
Re: Senate Asks Multichoice To Introduce Pay-Per-View Packages by Gamesmart: 5:42pm On Mar 30, 2022
Maxymilliano:
Jobless set of people. They can't tell the federal government to put up policies that would reduce cost of doing business but want a private business to reduce its service price despite the high cost of doing business in the country

Don't mind the reeetarded foooools Nigerians elect.

These poorly educated cretins think it is the job of the legislative house to dictate how a business produces and prices its services.

The stupidity is beyond shocking.

This is what happens when a country produces cretins like Olam09 and label them "graduates". Critical thinking is dead in Nigeria.
Re: Senate Asks Multichoice To Introduce Pay-Per-View Packages by bewla(m): 5:46pm On Mar 30, 2022
Hezzyluv:
Could that be the reason Chanel 29 (Nigeria Idol) just disappeared from Gotv without explanationsundecided

Again, what Senate are doing is misplaced priority. They supposed to think of a way to make this thin be pay as you go. embarassed

Multichoice level of exploitation na promax.

If not for that their monopoly on EPL, wetin concern person concern DStv
I get chit to watch any program for pot
Re: Senate Asks Multichoice To Introduce Pay-Per-View Packages by mastermaestro(m): 6:03pm On Mar 30, 2022
Jostoman:
they trying on this one Oga.

Run a private business before rushing to support failed policy makers. Do you know what it costs Dstv to keep its power-dependent infrastructures running 24/7?

Anyone who doesn’t approve of Dstv pricing system should simply opt for cheaper alternatives. Dstv is not foisting its services on anybody.
Re: Senate Asks Multichoice To Introduce Pay-Per-View Packages by Mitsurugi(m): 6:07pm On Mar 30, 2022
nairaman66:
You can’t dictate to a private business! Can someone tell them this? Aren’t these guys sensible in the upper chambers? When I was you , I thought it is the brightest of minds that ends in the house! I wished I knew better..

Oga pay-per-view is the norm everywhere. If they cannot do that, they should f.cking leave.
Re: Senate Asks Multichoice To Introduce Pay-Per-View Packages by NamelessOGBENI(m): 6:09pm On Mar 30, 2022
TSTV is the winner here but it's on a condition.

Only if they up their game and Nigerians are ready to buy Nigeria to grow Nigeria otherwise, the almost docile populace would adapt to the suffering and smiling mantra.
Re: Senate Asks Multichoice To Introduce Pay-Per-View Packages by Badonasty(m): 6:12pm On Mar 30, 2022
Multichoice will do the same thing they always do when this matter comes up….Ghana must go bags….no be today
Re: Senate Asks Multichoice To Introduce Pay-Per-View Packages by skywalker240(m): 6:15pm On Mar 30, 2022
Multichoice you heard that?

time to renew the expired contract the "keep my mouth shut with loads of cash" agreement.
Re: Senate Asks Multichoice To Introduce Pay-Per-View Packages by Tareq1105: 6:18pm On Mar 30, 2022
SarkinYarki:
This is not the call of the Senate !!!! It's not their duty ..the Senate should ask NTA to deploy it's own satellite TV service to compete with DSTV

Formerly, if your subscription expired you will be given one News station. But now, they will take off all the stations. If you recharge today say 6.11pm. When it expires after 30 days, it will be cut off in the morning and not by 6.10pm in the evening.

I subscribe for one month and 4days after our Transformer blew off and we didn't have light for more than 3 weeks. The day we eventually had light, I sat down to watch News, dstv just cut the service telling me to recharge.

Pay as you view is the solution.
Re: Senate Asks Multichoice To Introduce Pay-Per-View Packages by PROPEACE: 6:19pm On Mar 30, 2022
Each time they increase their tarriff, some senseless Nigerians jump in here to say if you are poor you should subscribe for startimes etc . I have gone through the comments and have not found such trash talk anywhere. Rich guys, go and continue paying whatever multichoice says, wetin concern me?
Re: Senate Asks Multichoice To Introduce Pay-Per-View Packages by moneyissweet(m): 6:23pm On Mar 30, 2022
NTA Fan spotted. grin

Maxymilliano:
Jobless set of people. They can't tell the federal government to put up policies that would reduce cost of doing business but want a private business to reduce its service price despite the high cost of doing business in the country
Re: Senate Asks Multichoice To Introduce Pay-Per-View Packages by Kayykayy(m): 6:25pm On Mar 30, 2022
I pray they comply.

Meanwhile I have a 2007 Toyota Camry for sale 2.4M,slightly negotiable,07036587049
Re: Senate Asks Multichoice To Introduce Pay-Per-View Packages by oilmane(m): 6:30pm On Mar 30, 2022
Maxymilliano:

First time this guys day act like na people vote them into office abi na because election day around the corner? They should ensure the provider make it pay as you view, this era of paying for something you didn't use should stop.
Re: Senate Asks Multichoice To Introduce Pay-Per-View Packages by ppogba: 6:34pm On Mar 30, 2022
Unfortunately for us as a country, we have not realised the fact that Multichoice cannot afford to leave the Nigerian market for any reason.
Re: Senate Asks Multichoice To Introduce Pay-Per-View Packages by shurch(m): 6:41pm On Mar 30, 2022
This was never a country ,still not a country and won't be a country.
Re: Senate Asks Multichoice To Introduce Pay-Per-View Packages by owukpa(m): 6:48pm On Mar 30, 2022
Re: Senate Asks Multichoice To Introduce Pay-Per-View Packages by oluwasegun007(m): 7:03pm On Mar 30, 2022
If they implement...

Na one a year I go dey subscribe with this No light thing.
Re: Senate Asks Multichoice To Introduce Pay-Per-View Packages by dododawa1: 7:07pm On Mar 30, 2022
MultiChoice is bigger to Nigeria government.
Re: Senate Asks Multichoice To Introduce Pay-Per-View Packages by dododawa1: 7:08pm On Mar 30, 2022
South Africa is wiser to Nigeria
Re: Senate Asks Multichoice To Introduce Pay-Per-View Packages by Rick9(m): 7:22pm On Mar 30, 2022
Multichoice own don too much sef.
Re: Senate Asks Multichoice To Introduce Pay-Per-View Packages by Daddylaura: 7:22pm On Mar 30, 2022
Re: Senate Asks Multichoice To Introduce Pay-Per-View Packages by ZIAZI(m): 7:44pm On Mar 30, 2022
okooloyun1:
The day I subscribed to gotv was the last day IBEDC gave us light in my area. I'm dumping their ass for TSTV next month.

Bro, is TSTV available now?
Re: Senate Asks Multichoice To Introduce Pay-Per-View Packages by omenkaLives(m): 7:58pm On Mar 30, 2022
Maxymilliano:
They aren't asking them to reduce the price. They're saying, just like your loaded recharge card or electricity token, you exhaust it according to how you use it. This monthly subscription thing is crap. I subscribe, travel for two weeks, busy at work all day when I get back from my journey, but end up payin as though I viewed the damn thing 247, for a month.

It's stupid.

1 Like

Re: Senate Asks Multichoice To Introduce Pay-Per-View Packages by Hezzyluv: 8:00pm On Mar 30, 2022
bewla:
I get chit to watch any program for pot

You don't mean it shocked
Re: Senate Asks Multichoice To Introduce Pay-Per-View Packages by DeGLORIOUS: 8:06pm On Mar 30, 2022
IF Multichoice gives them free subscription, they will keep mute �
Re: Senate Asks Multichoice To Introduce Pay-Per-View Packages by naikeboy(m): 8:14pm On Mar 30, 2022
DStv go still lobby them and get away once some dollars robe hands...
Re: Senate Asks Multichoice To Introduce Pay-Per-View Packages by lomprico(m): 8:35pm On Mar 30, 2022
DStv will go at the back n bribe them and that will be the end of the story
Re: Senate Asks Multichoice To Introduce Pay-Per-View Packages by luizpippo(m): 8:36pm On Mar 30, 2022
Are this people aware of the cost of doing business in Buhari's Nigeria?

Let me use Startimes as an example, they have two 110KVA generators on ground running basically 24hrs daily.

I went to their transmission station on Monday, one of the generators has broken down and requires overhauling, but the usual star times that either does their overhauling within days have not been able to attend to it for over a month now. Pre-Buhari times, they can immediately order a replacement from Cummins China or Perkins China, but with the dullard in power, wosaiiii.

Then lets talk about the cost of diesel and engine oil.
Due to lack of power, they have to carry out servicing almost weekly and the cost of engine oil is prohibitive since October last year.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Outrage As FG Abandons N140bn 2nd Niger Bridge / Buhari, Atiku Others Set To Contest For APC Presidential Ticket / Buhari Releases Anniversary Pigeons, Cuts Cake

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.