Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,742 members, 7,809,837 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:43 PM

I Am In A Dilemma, Please Help! - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Am In A Dilemma, Please Help! (22156 Views)

Dilemma: Advise From Experienced Bankers Needed / My Dilemma As Contract Staff In A Bank / Career Dilemma. Please Nurture Me. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am In A Dilemma, Please Help! by Lastpharoah33: 7:00pm On Mar 30, 2022
Good day landers, I would like to hear your opinion on this matter bothering me for days now.

I am faced with choosing between working in one of the breweries here in onitsha as a casual for 35k monthly and traveling to abuja be with an uncle who is into metal fabrication ( welding, painting and general sales of his product).

Thing is, if I am to stay here in onitsha...I have planned to save up 100-150k before next year to start a business my mom is currently into and she's doing pretty well in it .

While if I am to stay with this uncle in abuja, he agreed on teaching me basics of his profession like paint spraying with machine, and he also promised to set me up with trade in the welding industry as time goes on, but I will be placed on monthly salary after I must have learnt the painting process and stuff, ( mind you, his proposed salary is between 20-30k monthly).

My brothers and sisters, is welding something that can guarantee a good future in this present state of the country? Does it worth my time as a guy in his late 20's? Should I just continue with my 7-5 job ?

I have until 5th of april to decide. Thanks for your time.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am In A Dilemma, Please Help! by onlyson16(m): 7:28pm On Mar 30, 2022
My dear. Ur not in any dile mma or anything. Go into the job that pay 3.5 and start saving, go into that busines witi ur mom and thank me later. But if u like go with ur uncle and depend on him even after learning the work u will still depend on him. Choose to be slave to a lion but wait, the other day u was selling cameroon pepper. Last week u needed a wife to marry from now to december. Today u ar in dilemma. Tuwee on ur face

115 Likes 10 Shares

Re: I Am In A Dilemma, Please Help! by oz4real83(m): 8:24pm On Mar 30, 2022
What your uncle is offering you, all because you are his blood, if it were to be a non relative, the person would have paid an agreement fee and brought other things just to learn from your uncle and he won't even be paid any salary when learning, but you are going to learn free of charge and he will also pay you. If your uncle is a man of integrity, then you are lucky, your accommodation and feeding will be free of charge, you will even be saving what your uncle will be paying you. For the aspect of the 35k job, you will have a lot of expenses that will swallow more than the 35k and will leave you in debts without saving anything.

195 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Am In A Dilemma, Please Help! by Wonderz1: 6:35am On Mar 31, 2022
Mr op go and meet your uncle and learn that skill you can open that business anytime and anyday.

56 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Am In A Dilemma, Please Help! by Lastpharoah33: 12:10pm On Mar 31, 2022
onlyson16:
My dear. Ur not in any dile mma or anything. Go into the job that pay 3.5 and start saving, go into that busines witi ur mom and thank me later. But if u like go with ur uncle and depend on him even after learning the work u will still depend on him. Choose to be slave to a lion but wait, the other day u was selling cameroon pepper. Last week u needed a wife to marry from now to december. Today u ar in dilemma. Tuwee on ur face

Those were my past posts nah, 2-4 yrs old posts dem. Thanks for your input.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am In A Dilemma, Please Help! by Lastpharoah33: 12:15pm On Mar 31, 2022
oz4real83:
What your uncle is offering you, all because you are his blood, if it were to be a non relative, the person would have paid an agreement fee and brought other things just to learn from your uncle and he won't even be paid any salary when learning, but you are going to learn free of charge and he will also pay you. If your uncle is a man of integrity, then you are lucky, your accommodation and feeding will be free of charge, you will even be saving what your uncle will be paying you. For the aspect of the 35k job, you will have a lot of expenses that will swallow more than the 35k and will leave you in debts without saving anything.

You are not far from the truth sir, thanks for your contribution.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am In A Dilemma, Please Help! by Lastpharoah33: 12:16pm On Mar 31, 2022
Wonderz1:
Mr op go and meet your uncle and learn that skill you can open that business anytime and anyday.

Okay, my brother.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am In A Dilemma, Please Help! by DMerciful(m): 2:27pm On Mar 31, 2022
Go to Abuja and you may see other opportunities. You've been under your mom's wings from birth, time to step out! Provided your uncle is a good man though

19 Likes

Re: I Am In A Dilemma, Please Help! by DSC7: 2:29pm On Mar 31, 2022
Go down on your knees and pray....

Then later follow your heart.....

But if that ur Uncle is married, my brother close his chapter, e get why......

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am In A Dilemma, Please Help! by Winneygirl(f): 2:29pm On Mar 31, 2022
Don't underestimate the skills you will learn from your uncle.
With 35k, you cannot save anything and you will most likely be unable to start any business with it.
But you see that skill set your uncle is offering you, put your head down and go and learn.
That is the way to set yourself up for the future.

22 Likes

Re: I Am In A Dilemma, Please Help! by jimmyolasun: 2:30pm On Mar 31, 2022
H
Re: I Am In A Dilemma, Please Help! by Odin13: 2:31pm On Mar 31, 2022
Nwanne kuwyesieke Na Otu.. no go jonze yourself

Forget “ uncle” and “promises”

Na only yourself and your hustle sure pass .. if you raise money go learn job from a.m. .. no go stay with a.m.

Makachi otu kakwa Abuja mma by far ..

Uche gi diya ..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am In A Dilemma, Please Help! by Tboymessiah(m): 2:31pm On Mar 31, 2022
NasoLifeBe!!!

Don't trust ur uncle na person wey en go dey use e dey find, at the end u will be like car without an Engine, cus he will never settle you to have ur own shop, he will believe u are being paid,

So it will be left for u to huzzle out ur capital for the welder and painting business which is big money.

Just stay back at onitsha, and creat ur own world with peace of mind.........

Just dey focus, and don't despise ur little beginning...

Moral lessons

Forget about that ur uncle, no reason am again cus he no go like u again if u know follow am so dey ur own, and no ask him for money...cus he be waiting to mock u, but God no go shame u.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am In A Dilemma, Please Help! by H2ho(m): 2:31pm On Mar 31, 2022
a bird in had...... grin grin

your uncle might fail you so choose A

4 Likes

Re: I Am In A Dilemma, Please Help! by iamphilips(m): 2:31pm On Mar 31, 2022
Learn the skill with your uncle.... You can expand on it later since you’ll have access to direct manufacturers. Setup in future and market those doors/fabrications online.

1 Like

Re: I Am In A Dilemma, Please Help! by nyiamfrank: 2:31pm On Mar 31, 2022
If your uncle is doing well, then you will do better. Go with your uncle and be HUMBLE

2 Likes

Re: I Am In A Dilemma, Please Help! by Iseoluwani: 2:32pm On Mar 31, 2022
onlyson16:

Op follow this...

Many of the jobless graduate we have, myself inclusive is as a result of my father will do this, my uncle will sponsor me promises which eventually failed. Since u have interest in ur mum's business.. pls stick with it and save up

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Am In A Dilemma, Please Help! by emmanuelbrown26: 2:32pm On Mar 31, 2022
oz4real83:
U just summarized everything for him. The uncle must be a very kind and good man to offer him such thing.

2 Likes

Re: I Am In A Dilemma, Please Help! by iamyemiakins(m): 2:32pm On Mar 31, 2022
Nigerian Uncles can disappoint ehn!
Most especially the ones from the father's side

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am In A Dilemma, Please Help! by Truvelisback(m): 2:33pm On Mar 31, 2022
Lastpharoah33:
Good day landers, I would like to hear your opinion on this matter bothering me for days now.

I am faced with choosing between working in one of the breweries here in onitsha as a casual for 35k monthly and traveling to abuja be with an uncle who is into metal fabrication ( welding, painting and general sales of his product).

Thing is, if I am to stay here in onitsha...I have planned to save up 100-150k before next year to start a business my mom is currently into and she's doing pretty well in it .

While if I am to stay with this uncle in abuja, he agreed on teaching me basics of his profession like paint spraying with machine, and he also promised to set me up with trade in the welding industry as time goes on, but I will be placed on monthly salary after I must have learnt the painting process and stuff, ( mind you, his proposed salary is between 20-30k monthly).

My brothers and sisters, is welding something that can guarantee a good future in this present state of the country? Does it worth my time as a guy in his late 20's? Should I just continue with my 7-5 job ?

I have until 5th of april to decide. Thanks for your time.
Work in Breweries, earn and save for business. Maybe, later in the future, u can learn welding.

3 Likes

Re: I Am In A Dilemma, Please Help! by causewahala: 2:33pm On Mar 31, 2022
Don't make the mistake many have made. Be your own boss with that 35k. Learn that business your mum is doing. Pay the price now and reap the reward later.

Your uncle might be nice but what is after 6 is always greater than 7.

8 Likes

Re: I Am In A Dilemma, Please Help! by Innobee99(m): 2:33pm On Mar 31, 2022
I no dey trust my uncles. They can disappoint eeeeeh

But don't know about yours though

5 Likes

Re: I Am In A Dilemma, Please Help! by 21sailor: 2:33pm On Mar 31, 2022
Depends on your uncle's character. Hope he doesn't change after sometime, Any where you're learning work and they're feeding you and paying you, Trust me it won't last.
If Na me I go stay for Onitsha!

7 Likes

Re: I Am In A Dilemma, Please Help! by julybaba(m): 2:34pm On Mar 31, 2022
Learn metal fabrication ( welding, painting and general sales) from your uncle.
That is the best way to secure your future.

NB: Be prepared for the challenges you may encounter while working with him. In fact he may not fulfil 90% of his promises, but you will be your own boss, if you learn the work well.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am In A Dilemma, Please Help! by ybalogs(m): 2:34pm On Mar 31, 2022
Pray and be sensible. Both options looks good.

1 Like

Re: I Am In A Dilemma, Please Help! by Iseoluwani: 2:35pm On Mar 31, 2022
DSC7:
Go down on your knees and pray....

Then later follow your heart.....

[b][/b]But if that ur Uncle is married, my brother close his chapter, e get why......

Pls follow this latter

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am In A Dilemma, Please Help! by NaijaOlosho(f): 2:35pm On Mar 31, 2022
Go with your uncle and learn the skill. Remove your mind from money and ensure you learn very well.

After learning you can be boss on your own.

And also it's a lifetime skill. So go with your uncle and acquire that skill.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Diamond Bank Set To Sack Managers - Ebubechukwu Ibecheozor / 7 Ways Nigerian Bosses Abuse Their Staff / What Does The Future Hold For Metallurgy And Materials Engineering Students???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.