Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,556 members, 7,820,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:21 AM

I Am In A Dilemma, Please Help! - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Am In A Dilemma, Please Help! (22186 Views)

Dilemma: Advise From Experienced Bankers Needed / My Dilemma As Contract Staff In A Bank / Career Dilemma. Please Nurture Me. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am In A Dilemma, Please Help! by oz4real83(m): 4:46pm On Mar 31, 2022
lomprico:

Go and meet your uncle. Save up there and send the saved up money to your mom to add to the business and be getting returns from her.
get returns from his mom's business? . Whatever you give Mama, na gift be that oo grin grin. She go come tell you how she carried you for 9 months and suffered because of you, you can help Mama in every way possible but when it comes to business and money for your future, look for other alternatives that don't involve Mama or papa oo grin grin
Re: I Am In A Dilemma, Please Help! by MadamOk(f): 4:51pm On Mar 31, 2022
Well, working and saving pay if you really focus and save the said amount monthly

Not that your uncle's own will not pay you on the longrun ooo but there is coma there, why i said so because your own and my own is a different word, so choice wisely, with the advice you have got so far, add it and let your mind decide
Re: I Am In A Dilemma, Please Help! by Fa44me: 5:23pm On Mar 31, 2022
Lastpharoah33:
Good day landers, I would like to hear your opinion on this matter bothering me for days now.

I am faced with choosing between working in one of the breweries here in onitsha as a casual for 35k monthly and traveling to abuja be with an uncle who is into metal fabrication ( welding, painting and general sales of his product).

Op, you better forget that promised made by your uncle. Write it down today, it will not end well. I'm talking from experience. Just as earlier suggested here, go on your knees and pray to Go concerning this and allow God to lead you to what will not bring you regret in the future. It's well with you bro

Thing is, if I am to stay here in onitsha...I have planned to save up 100-150k before next year to start a business my mom is currently into and she's doing pretty well in it .

While if I am to stay with this uncle in abuja, he agreed on teaching me basics of his profession like paint spraying with machine, and he also promised to set me up with trade in the welding industry as time goes on, but I will be placed on monthly salary after I must have learnt the painting process and stuff, ( mind you, his proposed salary is between 20-30k monthly).

My brothers and sisters, is welding something that can guarantee a good future in this present state of the country? Does it worth my time as a guy in his late 20's? Should I just continue with my 7-5 job ?

I have until 5th of april to decide. Thanks for your time.
Re: I Am In A Dilemma, Please Help! by Mafxeless: 5:23pm On Mar 31, 2022
Lastpharoah33:

What is the exact business your mum is doing?

Those were my past posts nah, 2-4 yrs old posts dem. Thanks for your input.
Re: I Am In A Dilemma, Please Help! by Mafxeless: 5:24pm On Mar 31, 2022
[quote author=Fa44me post=111535367][/quote]

Re: I Am In A Dilemma, Please Help! by danietohbadt(m): 5:26pm On Mar 31, 2022
Which business is your mother into that you want to start with 100-150k??
Re: I Am In A Dilemma, Please Help! by emmanuelbrown26: 5:33pm On Mar 31, 2022
FullBlastLight:

Who told u he'll keep dt promise?

Somtin wey be say na tory go later end dt promise!

Na here Nairaland go dey wen d OP go mek anoda post later later 2 tell us how im unku manipulate d hell outta him!

Easier said than done! grin
Well u are right, the only thing is that op should just bear it mind of learning d work rather expecting for settlement.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am In A Dilemma, Please Help! by Kinsmenn(m): 5:35pm On Mar 31, 2022
Lastpharoah33:
Good day landers, I would like to hear your opinion on this matter bothering me for days now.

I am faced with choosing between working in one of the breweries here in onitsha as a casual for 35k monthly and traveling to abuja be with an uncle who is into metal fabrication ( welding, painting and general sales of his product).

Thing is, if I am to stay here in onitsha...I have planned to save up 100-150k before next year to start a business my mom is currently into and she's doing pretty well in it .

While if I am to stay with this uncle in abuja, he agreed on teaching me basics of his profession like paint spraying with machine, and he also promised to set me up with trade in the welding industry as time goes on, but I will be placed on monthly salary after I must have learnt the painting process and stuff, ( mind you, his proposed salary is between 20-30k monthly).

My brothers and sisters, is welding something that can guarantee a good future in this present state of the country? Does it worth my time as a guy in his late 20's? Should I just continue with my 7-5 job ?

If you are of good behaviour 3yrs in Abuja, call me. I may have a slot for you.
Re: I Am In A Dilemma, Please Help! by biyams(m): 5:35pm On Mar 31, 2022
consider your uncle's offer because you'll be learning a skill which is an added advantage to you...
Re: I Am In A Dilemma, Please Help! by Lastpharoah33: 5:43pm On Mar 31, 2022
Kinsmenn:

If you are of good behaviour 3yrs in Abuja, call me. I may have a slot for you.

Noted

1 Like

Re: I Am In A Dilemma, Please Help! by Lastpharoah33: 5:45pm On Mar 31, 2022
Mafxeless:

She sells ladies footwear in wholesale and retail.
Re: I Am In A Dilemma, Please Help! by MartinsD12(m): 5:56pm On Mar 31, 2022
Lastpharoah33:

Go with your uncle at least if you make mistake he can correct you placing you on monthly salary while you learn his business trust me most of us don't have such uncle that can offer us this good opportunity, company work brewery you might work a few months there they sack you , you start afresh again
Re: I Am In A Dilemma, Please Help! by ibechris(m): 5:56pm On Mar 31, 2022
Lastpharoah33:

Sir, how is the security situation around nyanya? Is abuja still experiencing multiple bandit attacks like it's neighboring states like kaduna and the rest?

Well Abuja is relatively safe and not without usual City problems but Nyanya,Karu and its environs are OK.
Re: I Am In A Dilemma, Please Help! by NelJ(m): 5:59pm On Mar 31, 2022
Bro, pls I will strongly advice you to go nd stay with your uncle and learn his hand works... After then you can also go with your mum's own business

1 Like

Re: I Am In A Dilemma, Please Help! by NelJ(m): 6:03pm On Mar 31, 2022
Bro, I will strongly advice you to learn your uncle's handwork.. after which you can go for your mum's business

1 Like

Re: I Am In A Dilemma, Please Help! by luvyaself95(m): 6:05pm On Mar 31, 2022
If i were you i will go for the wielding work because hand work is the most suitable and stable work in Nigeria right now and even forever who knows.

1 Like

Re: I Am In A Dilemma, Please Help! by NelJ(m): 6:06pm On Mar 31, 2022
[quote author=Tboymessiah post=111530744]NasoLifeBe!!!

Don't trust ur uncle na person wey en go dey use e dey find, at the end u will be like car without an Engine

Just stay back at onitsha, and creat ur own world with peace of mind.........

Just dey focus, and don't despise ur little beginning...

Moral lessons

My bro nothing dey like learning a skill better than the salary stuff from a company
Re: I Am In A Dilemma, Please Help! by Almaigaa: 6:33pm On Mar 31, 2022
But Nairaland Igbos claimed that, all Igbo in Anambra are Billionaires grin grin grin

Re: I Am In A Dilemma, Please Help! by Jamesbiodun(m): 6:34pm On Mar 31, 2022
Welding job is better, don't go for that salary job that one boss can just lay you off anytime and you won't even have a say, by the time you start working you will know it is not easy to save 120k yearly with 30k salary with Nigeria situation...
Handwork no be beans, your uncle even tried ooo 20k monthly,
If na outside you want to learn you are going to pay a lot of money

2 Likes

Re: I Am In A Dilemma, Please Help! by Bbbw: 6:39pm On Mar 31, 2022
Hmmm
Re: I Am In A Dilemma, Please Help! by ghettochild(m): 7:51pm On Mar 31, 2022
Go for the welding ooo...
That experience will help u in the future

1 Like

Re: I Am In A Dilemma, Please Help! by babavik: 9:23pm On Mar 31, 2022
Khaysee:
Send your aza to seun he is a cheerful giver

Affordable men clothing clothing payment on delivery within lagos and nationwide delivery daily
Social media marketing without pictures? That's wack. I doubt if you ever get a call talk more about closing a sale. How do you want to get people to dial your number?
Re: I Am In A Dilemma, Please Help! by ntipro: 2:56am On Apr 01, 2022
The future is business. Follow your mum
Re: I Am In A Dilemma, Please Help! by Bobbybrwon(m): 7:45am On Apr 01, 2022
I would advice you join your uncle in abuja for that handskill ,I'm also into same business here in Lagos and I really thank God for my life because if I don't have the skills I don't know how my life would have been. To even make you understand that what they make in abuja is far better than what we Mame in Lagos cos I've worked in abuja before .

1 Like

Re: I Am In A Dilemma, Please Help! by Khaysee: 1:00pm On Apr 01, 2022
babavik:

Social media marketing without pictures? That's wack. I doubt if you ever get a call talk more about closing a sale. How do you want to get people to dial your number?
You must be new to nairaland Google obamsclothings
I have 50k views on my thread here and minimum of 5 order daily
Check my ads for pics
Re: I Am In A Dilemma, Please Help! by tonero230(m): 6:09pm On Apr 01, 2022
Life is all about taking risk....Give your uncle a trial and learn that skill.....Ekwena ka ofu GI olu. Believe me,you won't save anything from that 35k casual work. Be skilled from that your uncles offer. You won't regret it.
Re: I Am In A Dilemma, Please Help! by Lastpharoah33: 6:57am On Apr 02, 2022
tonero230:
Life is all about taking risk....Give your uncle a trial and learn that skill.....Ekwena ka ofu GI olu. Believe me,you won't save anything from that 35k casual work. Be skilled from that your uncles offer. You won't regret it.

Okay sir.
Re: I Am In A Dilemma, Please Help! by citadels(f): 7:42am On Apr 02, 2022
Learn this if you are sure he will teach not that he wants to use you for money rituals. Then use this skill get a good job in construction company in abroad.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Diamond Bank Set To Sack Managers - Ebubechukwu Ibecheozor / Computer Enginnering Or Computer Science / My Journey Slashing Pips In The FX World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.