Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,190 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:03 AM

I Am In A Dilemma, Please Help! - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Am In A Dilemma, Please Help! (22176 Views)

Dilemma: Advise From Experienced Bankers Needed / My Dilemma As Contract Staff In A Bank / Career Dilemma. Please Nurture Me. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am In A Dilemma, Please Help! by Lastpharoah33: 3:07pm On Mar 31, 2022
ibechris:
If ur uncle's business is in Abuja like u mentioned earlier,pls join him and see how your life will change.

Crafts men are making it in this town seriously.

Believe this and rethink your future.

Sir, how is the security situation around nyanya? Is abuja still experiencing multiple bandit attacks like it's neighboring states like kaduna and the rest?
Re: I Am In A Dilemma, Please Help! by simplesearch: 3:11pm On Mar 31, 2022
No royal road to success. If you want a good life for yourself and a better life for your future children; then suffer and pay the price now. My advice for you is to go with your uncle and see what he's up to, if things aren't working out as expected you can seek for an alternative or find your way back home. As for your mums business you know that already, what you need is capital so nothing much to learn again. Going to your uncles place will give you a new lease of experience and exposure, this is pivotal to your success. For the brewery option, I don't subscribe to working in an alcoholic environment, they have a way of destroying your sense of judgement and morals.

1 Like

Re: I Am In A Dilemma, Please Help! by blinkz4real: 3:11pm On Mar 31, 2022
I will advise you go with ur uncle n learn the skill very well so that you can be on ur own tomorrow. Get off from ur comfort zone. No allow mama food keep u down. That contract work no be am n can't save anytin n dem fit sack u anytime.

Go to ur uncle with the mindset to learn n not to earn.
Re: I Am In A Dilemma, Please Help! by JayPeeOham: 3:11pm On Mar 31, 2022
Lastpharoah33:
Good day landers, I would like to hear your opinion on this matter bothering me for days now.

I am faced with choosing between working in one of the breweries here in onitsha as a casual for 35k monthly and traveling to abuja be with an uncle who is into metal fabrication ( welding, painting and general sales of his product).

Thing is, if I am to stay here in onitsha...I have planned to save up 100-150k before next year to start a business my mom is currently into and she's doing pretty well in it .

While if I am to stay with this uncle in abuja, he agreed on teaching me basics of his profession like paint spraying with machine, and he also promised to set me up with trade in the welding industry as time goes on, but I will be placed on monthly salary after I must have learnt the painting process and stuff, ( mind you, his proposed salary is between 20-30k monthly).

My brothers and sisters, is welding something that can guarantee a good future in this present state of the country? Does it worth my time as a guy in his late 20's? Should I just continue with my 7-5 job ?

I have until 5th of april to decide. Thanks for your time.

Have you spoken to your mom about it? If yes, what was her response

If no, what are you waiting for She should be the first person you should be talking to about this not us undecided

1 Like

Re: I Am In A Dilemma, Please Help! by KennethMichael1: 3:11pm On Mar 31, 2022
Lastpharoah33:
Good day landers, I would like to hear your opinion on this matter bothering me for days now.

I am faced with choosing between working in one of the breweries here in onitsha as a casual for 35k monthly and traveling to abuja be with an uncle who is into metal fabrication ( welding, painting and general sales of his product).

Why you dey find my mouth , okay make i tell you say abuja make sense before 35k we be 3500 hissssssss

Thing is, if I am to stay here in onitsha...I have planned to save up 100-150k before next year to start a business my mom is currently into and she's doing pretty well in it .

While if I am to stay with this uncle in abuja, he agreed on teaching me basics of his profession like paint spraying with machine, and he also promised to set me up with trade in the welding industry as time goes on, but I will be placed on monthly salary after I must have learnt the painting process and stuff, ( mind you, his proposed salary is between 20-30k monthly).

My brothers and sisters, is welding something that can guarantee a good future in this present state of the country? Does it worth my time as a guy in his late 20's? Should I just continue with my 7-5 job ?

Why you dey find my mouth , okay make i tell you say abuja make sense before 35k we be 3500 hissssssss
Re: I Am In A Dilemma, Please Help! by Lastpharoah33: 3:17pm On Mar 31, 2022
JayPeeOham:

Have you spoken to your mom about it? If yes, what was her response

If no, what are you waiting for She should be the first person you should be talking to about this not us undecided

She is fully aware of this arrangement. But the decision lies with me.
Re: I Am In A Dilemma, Please Help! by aminusodiq(m): 3:19pm On Mar 31, 2022
Lastpharoah33:

welding... go for welding .
Re: I Am In A Dilemma, Please Help! by computersoft: 3:21pm On Mar 31, 2022
Lastpharoah33:

My brother that ur uncles plan for u is not bad at all... Hand work is very good,besides he said he will place u on salary of 20-30k which is not bad, beside.u can still save up frm there and still open that ur mummy's business in abuja,get a paid person to run it and be very close to supervise it. if possible u open it close to ur work location. Do this and thank me later ok.
Re: I Am In A Dilemma, Please Help! by Hassanmaye(m): 3:22pm On Mar 31, 2022
onlyson16:
My dear. Ur not in any dile mma or anything. Go into the job that pay 3.5 and start saving, go into that busines witi ur mom and thank me later. But if u like go with ur uncle and depend on him even after learning the work u will still depend on him. Choose to be slave to a lion but wait, the other day u was selling cameroon pepper. Last week u needed a wife to marry from now to december. Today u ar in dilemma. Tuwee on ur face
Indeed you are the only son so smart, so only him those stories
Re: I Am In A Dilemma, Please Help! by EmyGod(m): 3:22pm On Mar 31, 2022
Lastpharoah33:

I am talking out of experience, this your mom shop looks like Williams by northtage Onitsha if I am not mistaken. I was once with my father in your mom's business,textile materials but things later went south my little advice for you is that your mom business can wait go and learn your uncle skill had it been I had one during my time I would have learned time still with you so if your uncle own did not work out you can still join your mom bus in fact there is nothing much to learn during my period I did not learn anything just finished secondary school join my father till date I still know much about the business. So go to your uncle to learn that skill, it can take you years to learn skill but bus na just few months.

I was in your mom line before I left my father I believe that could be Williams by bright street Onitsha. You can still later come back to your mom's shop to learn her business if your uncle skill acquisition do not work out, you can learn abada business within some months but can't learn skill work just one year it's not possible so go and learn that skill and grab it for free now and thank Me in future.

1 Like

Re: I Am In A Dilemma, Please Help! by Knows12(m): 3:23pm On Mar 31, 2022
Lastpharoah33:

bro pls Goan meet your brother and connect me with the 35k job I'm suffero.. I need work pls.. hunger want kill me here. abeg
Re: I Am In A Dilemma, Please Help! by Niom(m): 3:26pm On Mar 31, 2022
Accept the Abuja offer without thinking twice. That one year you want to spend as a slave with the brewery company will give you enough knowledge to set up your own venture sooner or later....

Ask yourself this question, What will you learn at the brewery company withing that 1year?

Una wey get good uncles, una own better oo...
Re: I Am In A Dilemma, Please Help! by FullBlastLight: 3:28pm On Mar 31, 2022
emmanuelbrown26:

U just summarized everything for him. The uncle must be a very kind and good man to offer him such thing.

Who told u he'll keep dt promise?

Somtin wey be say na tory go later end dt promise!

Na here Nairaland go dey wen d OP go mek anoda post later later 2 tell us how im unku manipulate d hell outta him!

Easier said than done! grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am In A Dilemma, Please Help! by Originalsly: 3:46pm On Mar 31, 2022
You are working as a casual .... but your plan is to save N100K to N150K by next year. Do you know as a casual work is not guaranteed? Tomorrow they can tell you report on Mondays only.... or you are no longer needed . Then what? ... is it then you will run to your uncle to explain?... and let him know you are then ready to take up the offer? He may be training someone else ... and I'm almost sure you will go about bad mouthing him ... as in my uncle prefer to train a total stranger than his own blood relative. What business is your mother doing?... and does it have a bright future? If you decide to travel abroad.... and job hunting ... what skills would you be going with?.... selling pure water?... recharge cards? Bro.... welding is a skill always needed worldwide. How many welders are in your area? Building flyovers.... high rises ... window grilles .... all require welders. What are your chances of landing a nob?.... or being independent? Learning and boarding for free and you are in a dilemma. A golden opportunity offered to you and you can't see it. Grab it bro.... use You Tube and upgrade whatever your uncle share with you.
Re: I Am In A Dilemma, Please Help! by mich2012: 3:47pm On Mar 31, 2022
Don't even think about it. Please go learn that skill with your uncle in Abuja and stay humble to learn it very well. Those fabrications are very expensive and also in high demand as people are ditching the imported ones. I know how much I bought them last year while doing a project in my home town. Again, if you find yourself abroad, you have a very good skill to make lots of money. Engaging in your mom's business has limited capacity to enlarge you. Look at the bigger picture; no one knows tomorrow

Again, it's Abuja. Make good connections and network while learning the skill. You may be part of folks handling huge contracts in your line of trade in the future. Best of luck!
Re: I Am In A Dilemma, Please Help! by bluefilm: 3:47pm On Mar 31, 2022
Lastpharoah33:

Follow your uncle and learn that skills.

Later, when you establish yourself, you can go and start the other business with your mother.

Skills acquisition is very necessary in this difficult times we are in.
Re: I Am In A Dilemma, Please Help! by alizma: 3:49pm On Mar 31, 2022
Lastpharoah33:

Join your mother's trade. Before you do that kneel down before her and ask for her blessings
Re: I Am In A Dilemma, Please Help! by NaijaCover(m): 3:50pm On Mar 31, 2022
Follow your mind
Re: I Am In A Dilemma, Please Help! by silverkings: 3:51pm On Mar 31, 2022
Lastpharoah33:

Please follow your Uncle. It is a decision you'll bless God that you made. Welding is very lucrative. A lot of people pay to learn a skill but it'll be given to you free of charge and be paid too! My 2cents though
Re: I Am In A Dilemma, Please Help! by Lastpharoah33: 3:54pm On Mar 31, 2022
silverkings:

Please follow your Uncle. It is a decision you'll bless God that you made. Welding is very lucrative. A lot of people pay to learn a skill but it'll be given to you free of charge and be paid too! My 2cents though

Okay bro.
Re: I Am In A Dilemma, Please Help! by Lastpharoah33: 3:58pm On Mar 31, 2022
mich2012:
Don't even think about it. Please go learn that skill with your uncle in Abuja and stay humble to learn it very well. Those fabrications are very expensive and also in high demand as people are ditching the imported ones. I know how much I bought them last year while doing a project in my home town. Again, if you find yourself abroad, you have a very good skill to make lots of money. Engaging in your mom's business has limited capacity to enlarge you. Look at the bigger picture; no one knows tomorrow

Again, it's Abuja. Make good connections and network while learning the skill. You may be part of folks handling huge contracts in your line of trade in the future. Best of luck!

Thanks for your input sir.
Re: I Am In A Dilemma, Please Help! by Lastpharoah33: 3:59pm On Mar 31, 2022
Knows12:
bro pls Goan meet your brother and connect me with the 35k job I'm suffero.. I need work pls.. hunger want kill me here. abeg

Location?
Re: I Am In A Dilemma, Please Help! by Lastpharoah33: 4:03pm On Mar 31, 2022
Originalsly:
You are working as a casual .... but your plan is to save N100K to N150K by next year. Do you know as a casual work is not guaranteed? Tomorrow they can tell you report on Mondays only.... or you are no longer needed . Then what? ... is it then you will run to your uncle to explain?... and let him know you are then ready to take up the offer? He may be training someone else ... and I'm almost sure you will go about bad mouthing him ... as in my uncle prefer to train a total stranger than his own blood relative. What business is your mother doing?... and does it have a bright future? If you decide to travel abroad.... and job hunting ... what skills would you be going with?.... selling pure water?... recharge cards? Bro.... welding is a skill always needed worldwide. How many welders are in your area? Building flyovers.... high rises ... window grilles .... all require welders. What are your chances of landing a nob?.... or being independent? Learning and boarding for free and you are in a dilemma. A golden opportunity offered to you and you can't see it. Grab it bro.... use You Tube and upgrade whatever your uncle share with you.

I ve thought of this too, thanks.

1 Like

Re: I Am In A Dilemma, Please Help! by Knows12(m): 4:04pm On Mar 31, 2022
Lastpharoah33:

Location?
ekiti State
Re: I Am In A Dilemma, Please Help! by Kcxee(m): 4:08pm On Mar 31, 2022
DSC7:
Go down on your knees and pray....

Then later follow your heart.....

But if that ur Uncle is married, my brother close his chapter, e get why......

You see this talk Right here e get why.......

At the beginning it is juicy but my brother you will need to go through the eye of a needle to complete your learning and for uncle to set up.

You can't guarantee your life not to talk of his....... I will advise try to own your process.

Am speaking as one in this shoes already.
Re: I Am In A Dilemma, Please Help! by lasheun: 4:17pm On Mar 31, 2022
You have spoken well comrade.
He has already learn his mother's trade, which he could dive into at anytime he wise to should Nigeria happen to him.
So getting extra skill that would help him save some money without the headache of accommodation and feeding shouldn't be a bad idea.
Trust me, there's nothing as good as skills acquisition.
Get skilled bro.
oz4real83:
What your uncle is offering you, all because you are his blood, if it were to be a non relative, the person would have paid an agreement fee and brought other things just to learn from your uncle and he won't even be paid any salary when learning, but you are going to learn free of charge and he will also pay you. If your uncle is a man of integrity, then you are lucky, your accommodation and feeding will be free of charge, you will even be saving what your uncle will be paying you. For the aspect of the 35k job, you will have a lot of expenses that will swallow more than the 35k and will leave you in debts without saving anything.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am In A Dilemma, Please Help! by lomprico(m): 4:23pm On Mar 31, 2022
Lastpharoah33:

Go and meet your uncle. Save up there and send the saved up money to your mom to add to the business and be getting returns from her.
Re: I Am In A Dilemma, Please Help! by greypencils: 4:24pm On Mar 31, 2022
I have learnt the hard way not to trust anybody,not even my blood relations. Why? person wey good go still tire, insults go enter. I only believe in God and in myself.

On the other hand people get sacked or get mean people as bosses at their places of work. You might not even be able to save as the prices of things have skyrocketed.

Suggestions here would only leave you more confused as people's opinion differ. I will tell you to go to God and whatever decision you finally make, make it with your full chest. If it goes awry, take responsibility for it and seek a solution, blame no one else.

1 Like

Re: I Am In A Dilemma, Please Help! by Nwaotu10(m): 4:29pm On Mar 31, 2022
You will not save anything from that 35k bro.
You better learn the skill.
Re: I Am In A Dilemma, Please Help! by JoeOdion(m): 4:30pm On Mar 31, 2022
Pray about it. Only God sees what future can come out of both decisions.
Re: I Am In A Dilemma, Please Help! by excess4luv: 4:42pm On Mar 31, 2022
What your uncle is offering you is Gold, go to Abuja but don't expect to be paid or settled (set-up), put your head to the job and perfect in it that's all you need from him, the skill itself will pay you in millions later

Forget the money and pursue the skills.
Even if the uncle is married, just be loyal and grab the skills. You will thank me later

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Diamond Bank Set To Sack Managers - Ebubechukwu Ibecheozor / Computer Enginnering Or Computer Science / My Journey Slashing Pips In The FX World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.