Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,727 members, 7,820,517 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:25 PM

Some Social Rules That May Help You - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Some Social Rules That May Help You (18024 Views)

Honestly, We Overflogged Some Social Media Challenge? Slow Mo And The Silhouette / What Are Some Social Etiquette Rules Everyone Should Know And Follow? / 5 Unwritten Cultural Rules Of The Yorubas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Social Rules That May Help You by happymood(m): 9:49pm On Mar 30, 2022
Thank you
Re: Some Social Rules That May Help You by Nobody: 9:50pm On Mar 30, 2022
DrizzyJeri:
How I wan take remember all these plenty things

God gave the Israelites 613 commandments. The above is only 22 grin

1 Like

Re: Some Social Rules That May Help You by Omo9ja147(m): 9:51pm On Mar 30, 2022
Nice one... Some people go wan use calls kill u... After u call them back after 50 missed calls, they go say... I be wan come collect rizlar.
Re: Some Social Rules That May Help You by MadamOk(f): 9:52pm On Mar 30, 2022
Funny enough naija people nor fit obey this rules

Rather they will open their mouth waaaa to be asking or telling someone shocked shocked shocked
Re: Some Social Rules That May Help You by Tovard(m): 9:52pm On Mar 30, 2022
Some rules are not applicable in Nigeria.

They'll make you look like a fool
Re: Some Social Rules That May Help You by pacespot(m): 9:54pm On Mar 30, 2022
Nothing gives one's joy and peace of mind nowadays as minding your business.

3 Likes

Re: Some Social Rules That May Help You by Killamo: 9:55pm On Mar 30, 2022
mumu rules
Re: Some Social Rules That May Help You by Nobody: 9:55pm On Mar 30, 2022
OP you forgot to add COPIED undecided
Re: Some Social Rules That May Help You by MMempire(m): 9:57pm On Mar 30, 2022
Thanks for the message!
Re: Some Social Rules That May Help You by Ogvally(m): 9:57pm On Mar 30, 2022
sagaf4:
Until they lock you outside

Nonsense!!!

Take am easy na grin grin grin grin
Re: Some Social Rules That May Help You by Debbydelma(f): 9:58pm On Mar 30, 2022
Thanks for the write-up smiley
Re: Some Social Rules That May Help You by Emmastan291: 9:58pm On Mar 30, 2022
No 2 sha

Re: Some Social Rules That May Help You by osazsky(m): 9:58pm On Mar 30, 2022
medcyano:
cool
so after reading this...is this how to behave..there is no such thing as fixed games..if it were so people will stake all thier life savings
Re: Some Social Rules That May Help You by dchamp234(m): 9:59pm On Mar 30, 2022
All the jobless, homeless and hungry ladies go hear number 3 ?
Re: Some Social Rules That May Help You by Double0h7(f): 10:03pm On Mar 30, 2022
I'm guess I be socialite then but you see that 17... hmmm. I must talk and tell you what to do whether you ask or not grin
Re: Some Social Rules That May Help You by ugodson(m): 10:04pm On Mar 30, 2022
Princeton92:
1. Don’t call someone more than twice continuously. If they don’t pick up your call, presume they have something important to attend to;

2. Return money that you have borrowed even before the person that borrowed you remember or ask for it. It shows your integrity and character. Same goes with umbrellas, pens and lunch boxes.

3. Never order the expensive dish on the menu when someone is giving you a lunch/dinner.

4. Don’t ask awkward questions like ‘Oh so you aren’t married yet?’ Or ‘Don’t you have kids’ or ‘Why didn’t you buy a house?’ Or why don't you buy a car? For God’s sake it isn’t your problem;

5. Always open the door for the person coming behind you. It doesn’t matter if it is a guy or a girl, senior or junior. You don’t grow small by treating someone well in public
6. If you take a taxi with a friend and he/she pays now, try paying next time;

7. Respect different shades of opinions. Remember what's 6 to you will appear 9 to someone facing you. Besides, second opinion is good for an alternative;

8. Never interrupt people talking. Allow them to pour it out. As they say, hear them all and filter them all;

9. If you tease someone, and they don’t seem to enjoy it, stop it and never do it again. It encourages one to do more and it shows how appreciative you're;

10. Say “thank you” when someone is helping you.

11. Praise publicly. Criticize privately;

12. There’s almost never a reason to comment on someone’s weight. Just say, “You look fantastic.” If they want to talk about losing weight, they will;

13. When someone shows you a photo on their phone, don’t swipe left or right. You never know what’s next;

14. If a colleague tells you they have a doctors' appointment, don’t ask what it’s for, just say "I hope you’re okay". Don’t put them in the uncomfortable position of having to tell you their personal illness. If they want you to know, they'll do so without your inquisitiveness;

15. Treat the cleaner with the same respect as the CEO. Nobody is impressed at how rude you can treat someone below you but people will notice if you treat them with respect;

16. If a person is speaking directly to you, staring at your phone is rude;

17. Never give advice until you’re asked;

18. When meeting someone after a long time, unless they want to talk about it, don’t ask them their age and salary;

19. Mind your business unless anything involves you directly - just stay out of it;

20. Remove your sunglasses if you are talking to anyone in the street. It is a sign of respect. Moreso, eye contact is as important as your speech; and

21. Never talk about your riches in the midst of the poor. Similarly, don't talk about your children in the midst of the barren.

22.After reading a good message try to say "Thanks for the message".

APPRECIATION remains the easiest way of getting what you don't have....

✅A Little Gift From The Creator:

We all know that simplicity is the key to happiness…

But believe it or not, it isn’t that simple to achieve.

Here’s a simple tip: Start thinking about your mindset…

If you wish to become truly extraordinary with balance in all areas of life: physically, intellectually, spiritually and emotionally, then you’re at the right place…

Reading this will show you how to develop successful habits to help you achieve mindfulness and have a laser-focus mind…

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2845836692362949&id=1399290303684269

OP thank you very much I learnt alot from your write up especially num 1, 2 and 13 grin

1 Like

Re: Some Social Rules That May Help You by otomatic(m): 10:08pm On Mar 30, 2022
No 5 does not always apply, for security reasons. The person coming behind you might be tailgating. Do not show this courtesy if the area you are entering is restricted or requires a pass to access.
Re: Some Social Rules That May Help You by Aaay: 10:12pm On Mar 30, 2022
Ok
Re: Some Social Rules That May Help You by Tagwood(m): 10:13pm On Mar 30, 2022
Princeton92:
1. Don’t call someone more than twice continuously. If they don’t pick up your call, presume they have something important to attend to;

2. Return money that you have borrowed even before the person that borrowed you remember or ask for it. It shows your integrity and character. Same goes with umbrellas, pens and lunch boxes.

3. Never order the expensive dish on the menu when someone is giving you a lunch/dinner.

4. Don’t ask awkward questions like ‘Oh so you aren’t married yet?’ Or ‘Don’t you have kids’ or ‘Why didn’t you buy a house?’ Or why don't you buy a car? For God’s sake it isn’t your problem;

5. Always open the door for the person coming behind you. It doesn’t matter if it is a guy or a girl, senior or junior. You don’t grow small by treating someone well in public

7. Respect different shades of opinions. Remember what's 6 to you will appear 9 to someone facing you. Besides, second opinion is good for an alternative;

8. Never interrupt people talking. Allow them to pour it out. As they say, hear them all and filter them all;

9. If you tease someone, and they don’t seem to enjoy it, stop it and never do it again. It encourages one to do more and it shows how appreciative you're;

12. There’s almost never a reason to comment on someone’s weight. Just say, “You look fantastic.” If they want to talk about losing weight, they will;

13. When someone shows you a photo on their phone, don’t swipe left or right. You never know what’s next;

14. If a colleague tells you they have a doctors' appointment, don’t ask what it’s for, just say "I hope you’re okay". Don’t put them in the uncomfortable position of having to tell you their personal illness. If they want you to know, they'll do so without your inquisitiveness;

15. Treat the cleaner with the same respect as the CEO. Nobody is impressed at how rude you can treat someone below you but people will notice if you treat them with respect;

18. When meeting someone after a long time, unless they want to talk about it, don’t ask them their age and salary;

19. Mind your business unless anything involves you directly - just stay out of it;

20. Remove your sunglasses if you are talking to anyone in the street. It is a sign of respect. Moreso, eye contact is as important as your speech; and

21. Never talk about your riches in the midst of the poor. Similarly, don't talk about your children in the midst of the barren.

If you wish to become truly extraordinary with balance in all areas of life: physically, intellectually, spiritually and emotionally, then you’re at the right place…

Reading this will show you how to develop successful habits to help you achieve mindfulness and have a laser-focus mind…

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2845836692362949&id=1399290303684269
Re: Some Social Rules That May Help You by Qatar2022: 10:19pm On Mar 30, 2022
Memoir:
I won't lie, I'm guilty of transgressing some of those laws.
Me too
Re: Some Social Rules That May Help You by Nobody: 10:23pm On Mar 30, 2022
Thank you. I really enjoyed reading this. Reminders like this helps us correct our wrongs after all we are humans.

1 Like

Re: Some Social Rules That May Help You by Oyinlomobambam(m): 10:26pm On Mar 30, 2022
Thanks for sharing this post...

Permit me to share the gospel grin
Re: Some Social Rules That May Help You by Johel(m): 10:33pm On Mar 30, 2022
Princeton92:

...So does that mean I am perfect? grin
Re: Some Social Rules That May Help You by PrimadonnaO(f): 10:45pm On Mar 30, 2022
sagaf4:

Nonsense!!!

LMAO!!! cheesy
Re: Some Social Rules That May Help You by Elianawalker(f): 11:03pm On Mar 30, 2022
Animegirl:
grin

Nice one OP.

Also, if you invite a lady for a date, kindly pay the bills, dont expect her to share the bills with you. If you're broke just dey your dey, to impress no be by force.
The moment a man starts talking about sharing dinner bills he is broke.

wealth has a way of turning a man's mentality into sensibility
Re: Some Social Rules That May Help You by chrysan(f): 11:18pm On Mar 30, 2022
[quote author=SamJed post=111512955]My issue with this is that somebody will tell you "That number 4, I don't like it o" or "Number 9 is so me"

And then I have to start scrolling up to see what number four and nine says.

This guy gets me ��
Re: Some Social Rules That May Help You by Mancrossfire: 11:42pm On Mar 30, 2022
Number 13 grin
Re: Some Social Rules That May Help You by Emma1Oj(m): 11:50pm On Mar 30, 2022
sagaf4:

Nonsense!!!
responsible pple don't stay out late.
Re: Some Social Rules That May Help You by ableguy(m): 11:52pm On Mar 30, 2022
That number 10 is very important, people hardly show appreciation these days.
And also learn to say sorry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

IGBO Name For My Daughter / Most Beautiful Girls In Nigeria, The Fulanis (fulbe) Or The Igbos? / Ooni Ogunwusi At The Library Of Congress In Washington D.C. - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.