Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,829 members, 7,810,184 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:44 PM

Bruce Willis Is Retiring From Acting - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Bruce Willis Is Retiring From Acting (25763 Views)

No Nollywood Actress Makes Money Only From Acting- Rachel Lawani / Bruce Willis Has Dementia, Family Announces / Willis Chamano Of Sauti Sol Declares That He Is Gay. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bruce Willis Is Retiring From Acting by TruthUntold: 11:46am On Mar 31, 2022
FinegirlLA:
U might want to know her has some kind of speech impediment but has a way of hiding and overcoming it.

Lesson learnt: Be good at whatever you do and all flaws will be pverlooked. Also you can br anything you want to be as long as your mind into it . No one should be responsible for your happiness .
motivational speaker spotted, how you dey? How many 'obstacles' have you 'conquered' today? Hm!
Re: Bruce Willis Is Retiring From Acting by Gadaluck(m): 11:49am On Mar 31, 2022
Legend!
Re: Bruce Willis Is Retiring From Acting by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 11:54am On Mar 31, 2022
He will always be a legend.
Re: Bruce Willis Is Retiring From Acting by ayindejimmy(m): 12:00pm On Mar 31, 2022
Wow!
Moonlighting. The two private eyes.
Bruise Willis and Cybill Shepherd.

My sister and I used to stay up late to watch it in the 80s
naptu2:
I'll never forget this episode.

David Addison (Bruce Willis) Limbo Rock on Moonlighting (1985)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SMDZauyxbA
Re: Bruce Willis Is Retiring From Acting by ayindejimmy(m): 12:02pm On Mar 31, 2022
signz:

Watching this i didn't know when tears started coming out my eyes

The good old days. Feeling nostalgic
Re: Bruce Willis Is Retiring From Acting by Cutehector(m): 12:05pm On Mar 31, 2022
Karlovych:
embarassed Good luck in his retirement and a quick recovery to him, meanwhile a cocaine trafficking hoodlum from Chicago that urinates on himself due to his sickening health is walking around looking for lunatics to deceive into leadership
cheesy
Re: Bruce Willis Is Retiring From Acting by Ray07(m): 12:06pm On Mar 31, 2022
Angelfrost:

Mister Jackson was the Flavor and Sauce of that movie...
Especially the Bible quotes before killing. grin
Re: Bruce Willis Is Retiring From Acting by ajepako(f): 12:08pm On Mar 31, 2022
naptu2:

Bruce Wilis as David Addinson with Cybil Shepard as Madinson in Moonlighting back then on NTA Channel 5

I never missed it every friday night at 10pm

Bruce Willis, my teenage crush..
Re: Bruce Willis Is Retiring From Acting by SweetDipBenny(m): 12:20pm On Mar 31, 2022
It's about time
Re: Bruce Willis Is Retiring From Acting by Ayt27(m): 12:24pm On Mar 31, 2022
Jamesbiodun:
He is tired already, his recent films are not really good, just like forced actions.... He is a true and living legend though

That's because he was accepting many B rated films to stack up as much as possible.

Retirement isn't cheap.
Re: Bruce Willis Is Retiring From Acting by pacespot(m): 12:28pm On Mar 31, 2022
Good actor. Have a nice retirement man!
Re: Bruce Willis Is Retiring From Acting by Angelfrost(m): 12:29pm On Mar 31, 2022
Ray07:
Especially the Bible quotes before killing. grin

The guy finish work for that role! grin

1 Like

Re: Bruce Willis Is Retiring From Acting by We4all: 12:35pm On Mar 31, 2022
naptu2:

Omo, you sabi. I really liked his character in that series.

I thought he was a comic actor only and was surprised when I began to watch his action movies.
Re: Bruce Willis Is Retiring From Acting by We4all: 12:39pm On Mar 31, 2022
Bensondrums:
My most favourite movie of him is Tears of the Sun..... According to the film it was acted in the Nigerian forest dat borders Cameroon...menhhh I so much love dat Africa themed movie

Damn! I love that movie.
Re: Bruce Willis Is Retiring From Acting by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 12:50pm On Mar 31, 2022
Since none of you apparently knows this I will say it. He is suspected to have developed a stroke after taking the COVID VACCINE which inflicted him with aphasia.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bruce Willis Is Retiring From Acting by BuySomething: 12:51pm On Mar 31, 2022
Bensondrums:
My most favourite movie of him is Tears of the Sun..... According to the film it was acted in the Nigerian forest dat borders Cameroon...menhhh I so much love dat Africa themed movie

It was about the Nigerian civil war
Re: Bruce Willis Is Retiring From Acting by BuySomething: 12:56pm On Mar 31, 2022
IamaNigerianGuy:
Since none of you apparently knows this I will say it. He is suspected to have developed a stroke after taking the COVID VACCINE which inflicted him with aphasia.
God Bless you. Small small people don dey wake up to the truth
Re: Bruce Willis Is Retiring From Acting by Truthwords: 1:04pm On Mar 31, 2022
IamaNigerianGuy:

HalleluYAH, this is what i have been warning people about for a long time now, but only a few listen. Everyone who took the vaccines will say had i known soon. What you are seeing now is not up to what people will start to see in 5 years time. Recently some Doctors in the UK are beginning to talk about VAIDS ( Vaccine AIDS). Some of the vaccinated are reporting getting HIV but trust all mainstream media platforms to debunk and scrub off the news from all platforms. All of una wey dey support covid vaccines, this is just child's play compared to the coming consequences. Una go say "had i known".

1 Like

Re: Bruce Willis Is Retiring From Acting by Lorddominic(m): 1:09pm On Mar 31, 2022
My best of his movies is COLOR OF NIGHT shocked shocked
Re: Bruce Willis Is Retiring From Acting by Johel(m): 1:10pm On Mar 31, 2022
LetDemKnow:

One of the most recognizable names in Hollywood, Bruce Willis is stepping away from his acting career of over four decades. The actor was recently diagnosed with aphasia, a condition that impedes a person’s ability to speak and write, his family revealed.

Bruce Willis, who first rose to stardom in the rarely ‘80s, hit worldwide critical acclaim after starring in the 1998 movie Die Hard, moving on to star in other well-received movies like the 1994’s Pulp Fiction and the 1999 supernatural thriller The Sixth Sense. Recently, the actor has come under fire for constantly starring in mediocre movies fans believe are well beneath him. Sadly, with this latest announcement, it means he’ll be moving on from our screens for good to go better manage his health.

“With much consideration, Bruce is stepping away from the career that has meant so much to him,” his family wrote in a joint statement.

“This is a really challenging time for our family and we are so appreciative of your continued love, compassion, and support,” the family statement said.

“We are moving through this as a strong family unit, and wanted to bring his fans in because we know how much he means to you, as you do to him,” the statement said.

According to Hopkinsmedicine.org, “Aphasia is a language disorder caused by damage in a specific area of the brain that controls language expression and comprehension. Aphasia leaves a person unable to communicate effectively with others.”

Bruce Willis has won one Golden Globe Award, two Emmys, and his own special category at the Raspberry Awards for 8 bad performances in one year.

See the full family statement below:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cbu-mD7LMPg/?utm_source=ig_embed&utm_campaign=loading

https://mediarants.com/bruce-willis-retiring-from-acting/

One of my favourites...a true Living legend...Baba don try...fifth element was my favourite movie from him also Armageddon and die hard.
Re: Bruce Willis Is Retiring From Acting by Ray07(m): 1:47pm On Mar 31, 2022
Angelfrost:

The guy finish work for that role! grin
No be small thing. cheesy
Re: Bruce Willis Is Retiring From Acting by Subonbon(m): 6:01pm On Mar 31, 2022
Karlovych:
embarassed Good luck in his retirement and a quick recovery to him, meanwhile a cocaine trafficking hoodlum from Chicago that urinates on himself due to his sickening health is walking around looking for lunatics to deceive into leadership
gbam..... One bottle of beer for you Comrade....
Re: Bruce Willis Is Retiring From Acting by Aaay: 6:01pm On Mar 31, 2022
Really
Re: Bruce Willis Is Retiring From Acting by achimendy(m): 6:54pm On Mar 31, 2022
LetDemKnow:

One of the most recognizable names in Hollywood, Bruce Willis is stepping away from his acting career of over four decades. The actor was recently diagnosed with aphasia, a condition that impedes a person’s ability to speak and write, his family revealed.

Bruce Willis, who first rose to stardom in the rarely ‘80s, hit worldwide critical acclaim after starring in the 1998 movie Die Hard, moving on to star in other well-received movies like the 1994’s Pulp Fiction and the 1999 supernatural thriller The Sixth Sense. Recently, the actor has come under fire for constantly starring in mediocre movies fans believe are well beneath him. Sadly, with this latest announcement, it means he’ll be moving on from our screens for good to go better manage his health.

“With much consideration, Bruce is stepping away from the career that has meant so much to him,” his family wrote in a joint statement.

“This is a really challenging time for our family and we are so appreciative of your continued love, compassion, and support,” the family statement said.

“We are moving through this as a strong family unit, and wanted to bring his fans in because we know how much he means to you, as you do to him,” the statement said.

According to Hopkinsmedicine.org, “Aphasia is a language disorder caused by damage in a specific area of the brain that controls language expression and comprehension. Aphasia leaves a person unable to communicate effectively with others.”

Bruce Willis has won one Golden Globe Award, two Emmys, and his own special category at the Raspberry Awards for 8 bad performances in one year.

See the full family statement below:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cbu-mD7LMPg/?utm_source=ig_embed&utm_campaign=loading

https://mediarants.com/bruce-willis-retiring-from-acting/

My legend. Thanks for making my child hood memory sweet till date.
I wish you the best in your in next endeavor.
Re: Bruce Willis Is Retiring From Acting by dfrost: 11:41pm On Mar 31, 2022
Offpoint1:
You've crafted your name Bruce

Yeah he has. His movies of late never got past 3.5 rating. undecided
Re: Bruce Willis Is Retiring From Acting by dfrost: 11:41pm On Mar 31, 2022
Johel:

One of my favourites...a true Living legend...Baba don try...fifth element was my favourite movie from him also Armageddon and die hard.

Die hard 1,2,3, Armageddon, Sixth Sense

1 Like

Re: Bruce Willis Is Retiring From Acting by dfrost: 11:43pm On Mar 31, 2022
We4all:

Damn! I love that movie.

Did you cry? Don't lie ooh cheesy grin

Zee, Flea, some of my main characters.
Re: Bruce Willis Is Retiring From Acting by Ishilove: 12:58am On Apr 01, 2022
naptu2:
The best of David Addison (Moonlighting 1985-1989)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUBwpJSCTQk
Memories... smiley kiss
Re: Bruce Willis Is Retiring From Acting by Meteng: 4:57pm On Apr 01, 2022
peppermint7:
why did you not post it
Very good question

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Karen Igho Steps Out In Style Since Giving Birth To Son. / IcePrince Celebrates Son's 4th Birthday In School (Photos) / Bbnaija: Photos From Media Tours Of Efe & Ex-Housemates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.