Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,553 members, 7,812,772 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:03 PM

ASUU Strike: UNICAL Orders Students Out Of Hostels - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Strike: UNICAL Orders Students Out Of Hostels (11125 Views)

Godfrey Okoye University Orders Students To Wear Faculty Uniforms / Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) / UNIBADAN Sent Medical Students Out Of Their Hostels For Protesting (videos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

ASUU Strike: UNICAL Orders Students Out Of Hostels by myjohnandrew(m): 10:33pm On Mar 30, 2022
The management of the University of Calabar (UNICAL) has ordered students of the institution out of their hostels with immediate effect due to the ongoing strike by the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU).

A statement released on Tuesday by the Registrar Gabriel Egbe said following the industrial action embarked upon by ASUU, the school can no longer provide essential services in the hostels.

“The strike has adversely affected the provision of essential services in the halls of residence and on the campus, generally making it difficult to meet up with the management of these essential services.

“Consequently, the acting Chief Security Officer of the institution has been advised to lock up all the hostels as well as deploy security men to man all the halls of residence.

“Management wishes all students journey mercies, as they travel to meet their parents/guardians,” the statement said.

The management, however, urged students to take advantage of the strike period to engage in activities that would add value to their lives.

The ASUU strike, which has been going on for a longtime, has forced public universities in the country to shut down academic activities.
https://mgadmissioninfo.com.ng/blogpost/ASUU-strike-unical-orders-students-out-of-hostels/

Re: ASUU Strike: UNICAL Orders Students Out Of Hostels by everythinggirly(f): 10:46pm On Mar 30, 2022
They should call off this strike and allow students do back to school, it's no longer funny.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU Strike: UNICAL Orders Students Out Of Hostels by myjohnandrew(m): 10:48pm On Mar 30, 2022
everythinggirly:
They should call off this strike and allow students do back to school, it's no longer funny.

Make Government Pay Salary nah

22 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: UNICAL Orders Students Out Of Hostels by qekng40(f): 11:37pm On Mar 30, 2022
This Nigerian government should be studied in schools around the world as a failed government!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU Strike: UNICAL Orders Students Out Of Hostels by englishmart(m): 5:48am On Mar 31, 2022
The only thing that strikes more than lightening is ASUU strike.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU Strike: UNICAL Orders Students Out Of Hostels by FERNANDEZISBACK: 5:48am On Mar 31, 2022
Nigeria the doomed country..if you tell most Nigerians the truth they start attacking you.. cheesy
The truth is Nigeria is finished and might never recover..

Blame the west for Nigeria's condition as usual.. undecided
Nothing is working...very soon Nigerians might be ruled by the so called bandits..just like Afghanistan undecided

21 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: UNICAL Orders Students Out Of Hostels by flexyrule(m): 5:49am On Mar 31, 2022
Great
Re: ASUU Strike: UNICAL Orders Students Out Of Hostels by bestman09(m): 5:49am On Mar 31, 2022
shocked
Responsible students are in their homes already. Those still in school may be into runz

19 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: UNICAL Orders Students Out Of Hostels by Mumusaphire: 5:49am On Mar 31, 2022
We shall also survive this.
Re: ASUU Strike: UNICAL Orders Students Out Of Hostels by Daslim180(m): 5:49am On Mar 31, 2022
Our Educational system is getting out of hands.
Our transportation system is nothing to right home about.
Our Security System has become so terrible that it’s beyond redemption
Farmers can’t even go to farm in peace anymore is either they are kidnapped or slaughtered by bandits and terrorist. I can go on and on… Buhari tenure is the worst we have faced as a nation.

I heard that Minister for Transportation said “It’s going to cost over 3billion naira to fix that train damages (wow)

Make una dey do ham go, one day, "Bush meat go catch the hunter" Sound Sultan (R.I.P)

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: UNICAL Orders Students Out Of Hostels by shox(m): 5:50am On Mar 31, 2022
I think we’re at war in this country. No light for two weeks now, no fuel to run gen, the heat sef no wan gree, food stuffs? Don’t go there

Are we at war?
Re: ASUU Strike: UNICAL Orders Students Out Of Hostels by MrRemedyAlagbo(m): 5:52am On Mar 31, 2022
Don't even know what to say about this government again
Re: ASUU Strike: UNICAL Orders Students Out Of Hostels by prince4pro2: 5:53am On Mar 31, 2022
Let Buhari never happen to us again in Jesus name. Amen

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU Strike: UNICAL Orders Students Out Of Hostels by emmy512: 5:53am On Mar 31, 2022
Once upon a country
Re: ASUU Strike: UNICAL Orders Students Out Of Hostels by Mercury12(m): 5:54am On Mar 31, 2022
This is pathetic. Seams everything is just falling apart in this country and only Darling daddy is left standing.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: UNICAL Orders Students Out Of Hostels by Draslo(m): 5:55am On Mar 31, 2022
Good job putting undergrads back on the streets.

Spits!!!
Re: ASUU Strike: UNICAL Orders Students Out Of Hostels by linkers: 5:56am On Mar 31, 2022
Slawomir, dogged bullets from the Efcc recently. That niggar is something else, but he can run but he can't hide.

4 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: UNICAL Orders Students Out Of Hostels by Moferere: 5:58am On Mar 31, 2022
May Nigeria never happen to you undecided
Re: ASUU Strike: UNICAL Orders Students Out Of Hostels by Finnese001: 6:00am On Mar 31, 2022
You guys were not informed that school is a scam in Nigeria grin

Go and learn a trade and be useful to yourself and family

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: UNICAL Orders Students Out Of Hostels by OrdinaryNigeria(m): 6:00am On Mar 31, 2022
Better
Re: ASUU Strike: UNICAL Orders Students Out Of Hostels by Ebubu: 6:00am On Mar 31, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:
Nigeria the doomed country..if you tell most Nigerians the truth they start attacking you.. cheesy
The truth is Nigeria is finished and might never recover..

Blame the west for Nigeria's condition as usual.. undecided
Nothing is working...very soon Nigerians might be ruled by the so called bandits..just like Afghanistan undecided
your last sentence is so possible

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: UNICAL Orders Students Out Of Hostels by goldtube(m): 6:01am On Mar 31, 2022
Buhari shocked
Re: ASUU Strike: UNICAL Orders Students Out Of Hostels by Ebubu: 6:01am On Mar 31, 2022
MrRemedyAlagbo:
Don't even know what to say about this government again
the worst govt in our history
Re: ASUU Strike: UNICAL Orders Students Out Of Hostels by Anaerobi(m): 6:03am On Mar 31, 2022
Nawa o
Re: ASUU Strike: UNICAL Orders Students Out Of Hostels by Realestatevixen: 6:04am On Mar 31, 2022
My people.

Abeg make una support my hustle before Hunger finish me and my family.

I am a realtor. I have an array of properties(land and buildings) in Lagos and Abuja for sale.

We also help to carry out construction work for those who need such services (especially for diaspora customers).

Our properties are very affordable, in good locations and free from encumbrances and issues.

My name is Vivian, and I am your favourite realtor.

Please WhatsApp or call 080 6029 1729 let's discuss how to secure the property of your dreams.

Thanks.
Re: ASUU Strike: UNICAL Orders Students Out Of Hostels by VladimirPutiin(m): 6:05am On Mar 31, 2022
This strike isn’t coming to an end anytime soon.
Re: ASUU Strike: UNICAL Orders Students Out Of Hostels by kobosmart(m): 6:05am On Mar 31, 2022
grin eh!? UNICAL still dey?
Re: ASUU Strike: UNICAL Orders Students Out Of Hostels by OgunkeelAllMod: 6:06am On Mar 31, 2022
qekng40:
Our government is not trying in all sectors walai
Nigeria get government??buhari?u funny
Re: ASUU Strike: UNICAL Orders Students Out Of Hostels by Pk01(m): 6:08am On Mar 31, 2022
Am calling on Governor nyesom wike, baba gana zulum.. To come and join hands to this movement... NNPP JUSTICE.

Re: ASUU Strike: UNICAL Orders Students Out Of Hostels by Ayesolve: 6:14am On Mar 31, 2022
Profs don't worry even though FG did not settle you people till 2023, Inec will use you people (Lecturers) as Presiding officers in the coming election.
Who dey fool who.
Both FG and ASUU are all criminals.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Registation In Poly Ibadan / Vocational Training In Healthcare / Aau Ekpoma Released Her 2015/2016 Admission List First Batch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.