Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,019 members, 7,814,483 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:35 PM

Unraveling The CHINMARK Investment Fraud. - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Unraveling The CHINMARK Investment Fraud. (441 Views)

Chinmark: I'm Deaf! I am a woman with Disability, I'm an Investor! I(pictures) / Chinmark Crashes After Failing To Meet 19th March 2022 Deadline Payment / EFCC Docks Funmi Adenmosun For Alleged N26.6bn Investment Fraud In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Unraveling The CHINMARK Investment Fraud. by ogastanlee: 7:39am On Mar 31, 2022
The ChinmarkGate

TAKING LEGAL ACTION AGAINST CHINMARK & MARKSMAN IJEOMA FOR INVESTMENT FRAUD.

I have been getting a series of calls recently from people seeking my legal services, asking me to institute an action in court or file a petition to the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) against Chinmark Group for investment fraud and also against the CEO of the company, Mr. Marksman Chinedu Ijeomah as the mastermind behind the investment scam and eloping with investors money.

As I have not really been active on Facebook for a while now, I was not quite familiar with the name and the happenings around that social platform. I only started hearing of the name “chinmark and marksman Chinedu ijeoma” recently due to the investment scam scandal. so I decided to look the man up on Facebook to fill myself in since I was told that Facebook is his nest.

To my amazement, the name Chinmark group is a household name on Facebook with verified pages accounting for thousands of followership and according to their Facebook page, their head office is located at no. 162 Ogui road, New Heaven, Enugu state, and the man Marksman Chinedu Ijeoma, the CEO is also a popular figure on Facebook.

His modus operandi was that he recruited some Facebook celebrities and popular figures on that app to partner with him and run publicities and adverts for the Chinmark investments. Facebook netizens fell prey to this method.

They claim they use investors’ money to invest in their fleets of businesses like real estate, hospitality business, logistics business, agriculture, etc and a percentage will be paid back to investors from profits generated from those businesses.

Some of my clients said they invested more than N20m, some about N10M, a man said he invested N100m and I also heard that a popular Nollywood actor invested about N200m.

He promised his investors a 3% monthly return on investment which business-wise is not too good to be true, it made sense to the investors and they also got carried away with the man’s Pius and philanthropy lifestyle online.

What he does is when a new investor invests, he will use the new investor’s money to settle the old investor and the circle goes on.

He also engaged in a lavish lifestyle and give-away spree, always doing giveaways just for social media clout and social media appraisal/approval.

Platforms like this are definitely bound to collapse but some of the investors claimed that although they knew it would collapse they were not expecting it to crash so soon.

The CEO was able to present himself on Facebook as a holy philanthropist and a prudent businessman of great integrity who won’t steal or run away with investors’ money and he was able to recruit many praise singers who were quite convincing and was able to convince an army of investors into joining the platform.

It is speculated that the man is sitting on over N2B investor’s money.

To the best of my knowledge, the case has been reported to relevant financial and law enforcement authorities and while we wait for the law enforcement agencies to do their job and feed more information to the public, I will (in the interest of my clients and those that have contracted my legal services on this case) also be filing a class action against the Chinmark groups and the CEO, Mr. Markman Chinedu Ijeoma and I have also sent a petition to the EFCC.

If you are one of the affected investors, you can as well reach out to me through email (infoitooknow@gmail.com) so you can join in the class suit against the Chinmark Group.

Barr. Stanley Alieke
Managing Partner; Stanley Alieke & Co.
infoitooknow@gmail.com

(1) (Reply)

Some Rules For Foreigners Buying Property In USA (see Full List) / Make Money With Amazon Kdp For Smartphones / Are You Looking For The Best Investment App Then Genesis Mining Is The Best

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.