Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,741 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:14 PM

Police Rescue App Gets Over 10,000 Fake Alerts In Four Days - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Rescue App Gets Over 10,000 Fake Alerts In Four Days (24712 Views)

Petition Seeking Visa Ban On Wike, Family Members Gets Over 200,000 Signatures / 24 Hours After Launch, Bello Ambassadors Gets Over 86,000 Members / Police Rescue Soldiers After Boko Haram Attack In Borno (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Rescue App Gets Over 10,000 Fake Alerts In Four Days by Sarsaproko: 10:23am On Mar 31, 2022
Ok
Re: Police Rescue App Gets Over 10,000 Fake Alerts In Four Days by Kwestionair: 10:23am On Mar 31, 2022
EKONGKING:

Being a Nigerian Christan in Kaduna and Jos is being in hell fire.

Let God come and fight for Nigerian Christians ,who r being killed like goats by Satan

God cannot come down and fight for you, he send people. He had sent Nnamdi Kanu but you all want him dead. I know somebody will quote me to talk nonsense but the more you deny this fact the worse Nigeria gets and the more people up North dies, no matter how many easterners they send their soldiers to kill.
Re: Police Rescue App Gets Over 10,000 Fake Alerts In Four Days by chatinent: 10:24am On Mar 31, 2022
Police wey no come say na fake. Lol.

Useless app that's irresponsive.

The only thing I like about this app is that it is easy to uninstall.
Re: Police Rescue App Gets Over 10,000 Fake Alerts In Four Days by Nobody: 10:25am On Mar 31, 2022
angelfallz:
All those that sent fake alerts should be traced and arrested!
I wonder would hard is that, and fake alert should be considered a federal crime.
Re: Police Rescue App Gets Over 10,000 Fake Alerts In Four Days by wink2015(m): 10:25am On Mar 31, 2022
FBIBOT:
Registration should be by provision of nin so people who misuse it can be arrested and prosecuted

I support your contribution.
Re: Police Rescue App Gets Over 10,000 Fake Alerts In Four Days by akanbiaa(m): 10:28am On Mar 31, 2022
angelfallz:
All those that sent fake alerts should be traced and arrested!
That will be difficult , what if the person said at that time he saw suspicious movement from potential criminals and he sent an alert to the police and before the police came (which might take forever ) the suspected criminals have moved from the location ?
Re: Police Rescue App Gets Over 10,000 Fake Alerts In Four Days by NapoleonHill: 10:32am On Mar 31, 2022
spydera:
Everyone now is creating or developing an app.
If you want to eat, drink, sleep, bleep, there's an app...
So instead of dialing 911 which wasn't that effective anyways
So during an active robbery event, they expect a reasonable citizen to login with which data?
What if there's no network? lmaoo
No so person go dey find ne
You're just loud with nothing in your head.
Re: Police Rescue App Gets Over 10,000 Fake Alerts In Four Days by derecho(m): 10:35am On Mar 31, 2022
Kikikiki...I'm just hearing of the app today.
That 10,000 alerts na exaggeration abeg.
Re: Police Rescue App Gets Over 10,000 Fake Alerts In Four Days by TheWolfen(m): 10:37am On Mar 31, 2022
Dontmissheaven:
Repent now of your sinful evil ways to avoid spending your eternity in hell fire after you die. Jesus Christ love and warns you to repent and convert now to Christianity to avoid hell fire. Only Jesus Christ can save you by his death on the cross and his blood which washes away your sins, any other ways ( Islam, paganism, Hinduism, atheism, etc) can not save you. Be wise while you still have the chance accept Jesus Christ now and save your soul from hell. Be wiser than Satan and follow the one true God. This is the eternal truth from the spiritual realm.

Remove Islam from that list.
Re: Police Rescue App Gets Over 10,000 Fake Alerts In Four Days by Babaken(m): 10:40am On Mar 31, 2022
Fake alert should attract fine or some month in prison.
Re: Police Rescue App Gets Over 10,000 Fake Alerts In Four Days by honanad: 10:42am On Mar 31, 2022
Re: Police Rescue App Gets Over 10,000 Fake Alerts In Four Days by lordprogress: 10:42am On Mar 31, 2022
NapoleonHill:

You're just loud with nothing in your head.
I swear better olodo he be how can you relate app usage to low employment level in the country pure stupidity
Re: Police Rescue App Gets Over 10,000 Fake Alerts In Four Days by Babaken(m): 10:42am On Mar 31, 2022
akanbiaa:
That will be difficult , what if the person said at that time he saw suspicious movement from potential criminals and he sent an alert to the police and before the police came (which might take forever ) the suspected criminals have moved from the location ?
what if investigation carry on and find there is nothing as such.
Re: Police Rescue App Gets Over 10,000 Fake Alerts In Four Days by Saint1960: 10:44am On Mar 31, 2022
NOwazobia:
As someone rightly said above, how do they know they were all fake alerts. Do they visit all the scene?

Even if they are fake alerts, I justify it on the ground that Nigeria is presently a failed state, including everything hosted on it, hence the need to test everything whether they lived up to their expectation, in order to be better prepared when the real deal arises.

Dummy
You thought you made sense with this bogus write up undecided
Re: Police Rescue App Gets Over 10,000 Fake Alerts In Four Days by Litmus: 10:47am On Mar 31, 2022
For those already abusing Nigerians, be informed that fake and nusance calls to emergency services is unfortunately the norm around the world.

I guess the problem with access to world attention that mobile phone revolution has provided even the remotest people, is uninformed opinions. Hopefully, with time, this same mobile phones will help enlighten everyone.
Re: Police Rescue App Gets Over 10,000 Fake Alerts In Four Days by ArewaNorth: 10:47am On Mar 31, 2022
Very nice app....
Re: Police Rescue App Gets Over 10,000 Fake Alerts In Four Days by gadgetplanetng: 10:48am On Mar 31, 2022
My own is how many billion for the app

grin
Re: Police Rescue App Gets Over 10,000 Fake Alerts In Four Days by moneyissweet(m): 10:49am On Mar 31, 2022
You can imagine.

Bobloco:
Did the police storm the scene to know that they are fake alert

Probably, some one in the Abuja -kaduna train must have used the police "Rescue me App" but the police took it as a fake alert
Re: Police Rescue App Gets Over 10,000 Fake Alerts In Four Days by ArewaNorth: 10:50am On Mar 31, 2022
Dontmissheaven:
Repent now of your sinful evil ways to avoid spending your eternity in hell fire after you die. Jesus Christ love and warns you to repent and convert now to Christianity to avoid hell fire. Only Jesus Christ can save you by his death on the cross and his blood which washes away your sins, any other ways ( Islam, paganism, Hinduism, atheism, etc) can not save you. Be wise while you still have the chance accept Jesus Christ now and save your soul from hell. Be wiser than Satan and follow the one true God. This is the eternal truth from the spiritual realm.
You said that one true God but I heard u believe in 3 Gods...father...son.....and.....holy spirit.... Which one is the true and only God?
Re: Police Rescue App Gets Over 10,000 Fake Alerts In Four Days by Litmus: 10:51am On Mar 31, 2022
Except from the US:

Earlier this summer, the Park City Police Department and the Summit County Sheriff’s office responded to an emergency call claiming a woman had been murdered in her home. The caller gave a legitimate Prospector neighborhood home address to police—but the report was false.

The term used for this type of fake emergency call is “swatting.” Reports show it’s happening all over the country and occurring more frequently in the past several years, and it’s resulted in fatal consequences. Often, victims are high-profile people who are targeted by the fake caller. Sometimes it involves a vendetta, but in the case of the swatting call made to the Park City Police in June, Police Chief Wade Carpenter doesn’t know if it was specifically intended to hurt the residents living at the Cooke Drive address.
Re: Police Rescue App Gets Over 10,000 Fake Alerts In Four Days by NOwazobia: 10:52am On Mar 31, 2022
Saint1960:

Dummy
You thought you made sense with this bogus write up undecided
Dummy! You thought you made sense with your shrink write up! undecided
Re: Police Rescue App Gets Over 10,000 Fake Alerts In Four Days by AfroAgroPower: 10:58am On Mar 31, 2022
BabalawoPikin:
Nigerians the main problem of Nigeria. Gbasgbos

wink
Re: Police Rescue App Gets Over 10,000 Fake Alerts In Four Days by AfroAgroPower: 10:59am On Mar 31, 2022
Bobloco:
Did the police storm the scene to know that they are fake alert

Probably, some one in the Abuja -kaduna train must have used the police "Rescue me App" but the police took it as a fake alert

Great view
Re: Police Rescue App Gets Over 10,000 Fake Alerts In Four Days by AfroAgroPower: 11:01am On Mar 31, 2022
WiszyFraud:

Is that you righteousness bro??

Righteousness Everywhere.

grin
Re: Police Rescue App Gets Over 10,000 Fake Alerts In Four Days by Nobody: 11:05am On Mar 31, 2022
Nigerians are beginning to see that Nigerians are truly Nigeria's problems. Lol. Not until everything "scatter scatter" finish, those bad ones will allow good ones to fix her. See eh. Those bad people will destroy everything in Nigeria finally....that there is nothing for them to loot again before good people picks up Nigeria.

So, for now....me a don step aside. If na my generation good people will have the chance to start working on Nigeria, I am ready. But the way I am seeing it, I do not think it is in my generation....so it is better to pretend I am not in Nigeria until road clears to leave permanently and never return.
Re: Police Rescue App Gets Over 10,000 Fake Alerts In Four Days by 24brains(m): 11:08am On Mar 31, 2022
and this is an excuse? 9ja police don't know their work. in western contries, if police storm the scene of an emergency alert and discover it is a fake one, they usually fine or charge the alertor. with such practices, fake alerts will fade out.

just dial 911 in the united states and watch what happens in minutes. 9ja police and incompetence is like "5&6"
Re: Police Rescue App Gets Over 10,000 Fake Alerts In Four Days by NOETHNICITY(m): 11:09am On Mar 31, 2022
Nigerians are more useless than the country
Re: Police Rescue App Gets Over 10,000 Fake Alerts In Four Days by Litmus: 11:09am On Mar 31, 2022
Nigeria is a nation of approximately 200 million people, majority possibly armed with mobile phones . In small UK, each emergency service, Police, Ambulance and Fire Brigade have to deal with thousands of fake calls. This in London alone. Other places like Manchester, Birmingham, Liverpool, Scotland and Wales etc also deal with similar numbers. In the UK, response has been enectment of legislation whose consequences are heavy fine or even imprisonment.

Nigerians need to insult themselves less. All this abusing isn't good for the esteem of your children, many of whom are online whether you like it or not. Although I know much of these abuses are not from Nigerians.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tinubu Accuses PDP Of Sabotaging Fuel Supply To Blackmail Federal Government / PDP Prays For Buhari’s Quick Recovery / Samuel Mariere Takes Farming As Hobby & As A Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.