Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,293 members, 7,815,510 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:43 PM

If You Don't Speak In Tongues,you're On your Way To Hell! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If You Don't Speak In Tongues,you're On your Way To Hell! (1846 Views)

Why Is It That The Roman Catholic Don't Speak In Tongues? / Toni Payne Blasts Chris Okotie For Saying "All Catholics Will Go To Hell" / List Of People I Saw Going to Hell: Footballers & Fans, Musicians, Non-Tithers.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Don't Speak In Tongues,you're On your Way To Hell! by anukulapo: 12:26pm On Jul 04, 2011
I Hope matured NLer christians would help clarify these view simply by contributing
with biblical back-ups and other sources.

"If any man has not the spirit of christ,He's none of his, the spirit bears us withness that we are the children of God, "

There are many verses that relates to the above,

What then can be said to clarify the claim that you have the spirit of God without the evidence of speaking in tongues as it is otherwise aclaimed by Many churches and their members

Sorry if these topic has been treated elsewhere but i didn't find it anywhere.

Thanks all. Stay blessed.
Re: If You Don't Speak In Tongues,you're On your Way To Hell! by wetu: 2:05pm On Jul 04, 2011
I have other spiritual gifts but I don't speak in tongues, those other spiritual gifts are they not from the Spirit of Christ. God is not the author of confusion, If it was so, He would just say: "If any man does not speak in tongues, he does not have the Spirit of Christ"

"the evidence of speaking in tongues" is not a biblical thing it was invented by people and only they know what they want.

We don't need evidence that we have the Spirit of Christ:

Eph 3:14  For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
Eph 3:15  Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named,
Eph 3:16  That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;
Eph 3:17  That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,

Heb 11:1  Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

The bibles is also very clear on spiritual gifts. If you study it carefully it will help you from making such blanket statements. See 1 Corinthians 12-14
Re: If You Don't Speak In Tongues,you're On your Way To Hell! by JeSoul(f): 4:26pm On Jul 05, 2011
@poster,
   you first have to show us in the bible where
1 - speaking in tongues (which can be forged and faked by the way) is the only evidence of having the spirit
and
2 - every believer must speak in tongues.

As a matter of fact the only sure-fire absolute proof beyond all doubt that a person has the the spirit of God is as we are told in Galatians 6 - they will exhibit the fruit of the holy ghost. Now this one you cannot forge or fake.
Re: If You Don't Speak In Tongues,you're On your Way To Hell! by UyiIredia(m): 5:12pm On Jul 05, 2011
you won't go to hell cuz u don't babble in tongues. that's asinine.
Re: If You Don't Speak In Tongues,you're On your Way To Hell! by Nobody: 11:17pm On Nov 06, 2013
anukulapo: I Hope matured NLer christians would help clarify these view simply by contributing
with biblical back-ups and other sources.

"If any man has not the spirit of christ,He's none of his, the spirit bears us withness that we are the children of God, "

There are many verses that relates to the above,

What then can be said to clarify the claim that you have the spirit of God without the evidence of speaking in tongues as it is otherwise aclaimed by Many churches and their members

Sorry if these topic has been treated elsewhere but i didn't find it anywhere.

Thanks all. Stay blessed.
could you also post the related verses to the above verse that you think are related? It could help you know!

(1) (Reply)

Is It Sin For A Christain To Buy From A Non-practising Christain On The Sabbath? / Allah Is The Devil / Poverty Is Not A Curse! Just An Inconvenience…

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.