Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,507 members, 7,836,956 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:59 PM

Why Is It That The Roman Catholic Don't Speak In Tongues? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Is It That The Roman Catholic Don't Speak In Tongues? (3733 Views)

A List Of False Teachings In The Roman Catholic Church / If You Don't Speak In Tongues,you're On your Way To Hell! / Idol Worship In The Roman Catholic Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is It That The Roman Catholic Don't Speak In Tongues? by Ukutsgp(m): 8:47pm On Oct 01, 2014
i have not heard any Roman catholic member speaking in tongues. why is it so? don't they believe in the outpouring of the holyspirit? or is it that any of them have not received the baptism of the holyspirit like the apostle in Acts 2:1-4? i will like to know sha.
Re: Why Is It That The Roman Catholic Don't Speak In Tongues? by Ploy(m): 8:59pm On Oct 01, 2014
Speaking in tongue is speaking an unknown language. Roman Catholic already speak one: Latin
Re: Why Is It That The Roman Catholic Don't Speak In Tongues? by paul288yahoo(m): 9:13pm On Oct 01, 2014
Ploy: Speaking in tongue is speaking an unknown language. Roman Catholic already speak one: Latin
wrong
Re: Why Is It That The Roman Catholic Don't Speak In Tongues? by jokinexcel(m): 9:34pm On Oct 01, 2014
I know of more 50 catholic priests that "speak in tongue" and thousands of catholic members too. This coming sunday just visit any catholic church and join catholic charismatic or C .B.I.U prayer group in praying. Mehh those guys dey speak in tongues like madt. Op have u heard of REV. FR. Mbaka of adoration ministries? Dat one sef can speak in tongues like 5hrs non stop. So I wonder where u got ur info

4 Likes

Re: Why Is It That The Roman Catholic Don't Speak In Tongues? by paulGrundy(m): 9:35pm On Oct 01, 2014
Ukutsgp: i have not heard any Roman catholic member speaking in tongues. why is it so? don't they believe in the outpouring of the holyspirit? or is it that any of them have not received the baptism of the holyspirit like the apostle in Acts 2:1-4? i will like to know sha.

Hello sir, the Roman Catholic church have charismatics amongst them. Members refer to them as prayals. They share a lot of similar characteristics with pentecostals: speaking in tongues, healing, prophecy e.t.c. Not just in structures, but also in some beliefs except that they still hold on tenaciously to traditional church doctrine and tradition.

Notably charismatic priests are Rev father Mbaka and Rev fr Sede. I have personally been under father Sede's ministration where I witnessed him laying hands on people while they are slain in the spirit some received the holy ghost instantly and began to speak in tongues.

1 Like

Re: Why Is It That The Roman Catholic Don't Speak In Tongues? by Ukutsgp(m): 10:51pm On Oct 01, 2014
paulGrundy:

Hello sir, the Roman Catholic church have charismatics amongst them. Members refer to them as prayals. They share a lot of similar characteristics with pentecostals: speaking in tongues, healing, prophecy e.t.c. Not just in structures, but also in some beliefs except that they still hold on tenaciously to traditional church doctrine and tradition.

Notably charismatic priests are Rev father Mbaka and Rev fr Sede. I have personally been under father Sede's ministration where I witnessed him laying hands on people while they are slain in the spirit some received the holy ghost instantly and began to speak in tongues.
what about d non charismatic?
Re: Why Is It That The Roman Catholic Don't Speak In Tongues? by Macelliot(m): 12:44am On Oct 02, 2014
Ukutsgp: i have not heard any Roman catholic member speaking in tongues. why is it so? don't they believe in the outpouring of the holyspirit? or is it that any of them have not received the baptism of the holyspirit like the apostle in Acts 2:1-4? i will like to know sha.
What is Speaking in tongues?
Speaking in tongues means, speaking in another man's languages.
Pls, not shirobatotorobototo....
Speaking in, Spanish, English, french, latin, italian, arabic, igbo, yoruba, hausa by the power of the Holy Spirit when praying. That's Speaking in tongues....

3 Likes

Re: Why Is It That The Roman Catholic Don't Speak In Tongues? by Ukutsgp(m): 7:06am On Oct 02, 2014
Macelliot:
What is Speaking in tongues?
Speaking in tongues means, speaking in another man's languages.
Pls, not shirobatotorobototo....
Speaking in, Spanish, English, french, latin, italian, arabic, igbo, yoruba, hausa by the power of the Holy Spirit when praying. That's Speaking in tongues....
u mean it must be a particular language on earth alone?
Re: Why Is It That The Roman Catholic Don't Speak In Tongues? by Macelliot(m): 9:17am On Oct 02, 2014
Ukutsgp: u mean it must be a particular language on earth alone?
Yes! Read your Bible!

1 Like

Re: Why Is It That The Roman Catholic Don't Speak In Tongues? by Ukutsgp(m): 11:06am On Oct 02, 2014
Macelliot:
Yes! Read your Bible!
i have read my bible and here is what i read:

For he that speaketh in an unknown
tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto
God: for no man understandeth him ;
howbeit in the spirit he speaketh
mysteries.
1 Corinthians 14:2

For if I pray in an unknown tongue, my
spirit prayeth, but my understanding is
unfruitful.
1 Corinthians 14:14
Re: Why Is It That The Roman Catholic Don't Speak In Tongues? by Ukutsgp(m): 7:10am On Oct 05, 2014
i have nt seen any catholic praying in tongues before.
Re: Why Is It That The Roman Catholic Don't Speak In Tongues? by Nobody: 8:21am On Oct 05, 2014
Ukutsgp:
i have nt seen any catholic praying in tongues before.

Do because you have not seen Any catholic speak in tongues means catholics dont speak in tongues abi? Bros abeg go find work jare.There is nothing joblessness wont cause
Re: Why Is It That The Roman Catholic Don't Speak In Tongues? by babestell(f): 11:47am On Oct 05, 2014
If OP would make an attempt to leave his house and mix would other people. ....then this kind of threads would not be created. Lack of exposure would make a man open this kind of thread and still hold on tenaciously to his misplaced and fallacious opinions. Even when he has been corrected.

That and the lack of quality companionship. Like the kind he will get from a spouse and children

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It That The Roman Catholic Don't Speak In Tongues? by alentyno: 12:24pm On Oct 05, 2014
Ukutsgp just rephrase your question to Why do non-charismatic catholics not speak in tongues or else this your question will be abruptly dodged. Trust me on that one.

jokinexcel:
I know of more 50 catholic priests that "speak in tongue" and thousands of catholic members too. This coming sunday just visit any catholic church and join catholic charismatic or C .B.I.U prayer group in praying. Mehh those guys dey speak in tongues like madt.
What about the non-charismatics that make up nothing less than 80% of the church?

chukwudi44:

Do because you have not seen Any catholic speak in tongues means catholics dont speak in tongues abi? Bros abeg go find work jare.There is nothing joblessness wont cause
Why do none charismatic catholics don't speak in tongues? Why don't even care about it?

babestell:
If OP would make an attempt to leave his house and mix would other people. ....then this kind of threads would not be created. Lack of exposure would make a man open this kind of thread and still hold on tenaciously to his misplaced and fallacious opinions. Even when he has been corrected.

Stop bashing the OP. Why on earth do majority of catholics don't give a damn about speaking in tongues

Ploy:
Speaking in tongue is speaking an unknown language. Roman Catholic already speak one: Latin
Your delusion is alarming
Re: Why Is It That The Roman Catholic Don't Speak In Tongues? by Ukutsgp(m): 12:40pm On Oct 05, 2014
chukwudi44:

most of the catholic only pray the holy mary the mother of God thing. do u speak in tongues?
Re: Why Is It That The Roman Catholic Don't Speak In Tongues? by Ukutsgp(m): 12:47pm On Oct 05, 2014
babestell:

That and the lack of quality companionship. Like the kind he will get from a spouse and children
it is d holy mary mother of God group i have seen. there is a catholic church close to us then.
Re: Why Is It That The Roman Catholic Don't Speak In Tongues? by Nobody: 5:12pm On Oct 05, 2014
Ukutsgp:
most of the catholic only pray the holy mary the mother of God thing. do u speak in tongues?
Bros i think u need to get laid.Your loneliness is begining to affect your reasoning

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It That The Roman Catholic Don't Speak In Tongues? by Nobody: 5:24pm On Oct 05, 2014
alentyno:
Ukutsgp just rephrase your question to Why do non-charismatic catholics not speak in tongues or else this your question will be abruptly dodged. Trust me on that one.

What about the non-charismatics that make up nothing less than 80% of the church

Why do none charismatic catholics don't speak in tongues? Why don't even care about it?

Stop bashing the OP. Why on earth do majority of catholics don't give a damn about speaking in tongues

Your delusion is alarming

You know absolutely nothing about the gift of tongues or the catholic church.The kind of assumptions u people make also puts me off.How did u arrive at the claim that non-charismatic catholics dont speak in tongues? SS Vincent Ferrer , Anthony of padua,Alphonsus liguori etc who were among the very few people to reenact the events of the pentecost were neither charismatics nor pentecostals.In fact in over 100 yearse of the pentecostals movement,I ame yet to see or hear about anyone with this gifts

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is It That The Roman Catholic Don't Speak In Tongues? by asalimpo(m): 5:26pm On Oct 05, 2014
jokinexcel:
I know of more 50 catholic priests that "speak in tongue" and thousands of catholic members too. This coming sunday just visit any catholic church and join catholic charismatic or C .B.I.U prayer group in praying. Mehh those guys dey speak in tongues like madt. Op have u heard of REV. FR. Mbaka of adoration ministries? Dat one sef can speak in tongues like 5hrs non stop. So I wonder where u got ur info
possible.
Re: Why Is It That The Roman Catholic Don't Speak In Tongues? by SalC: 5:30pm On Oct 05, 2014
How do you defined charismatic and non-charismatic?
Re: Why Is It That The Roman Catholic Don't Speak In Tongues? by amanda2013(f): 5:32pm On Oct 05, 2014
Joblessness at its peak!

1 Like

Re: Why Is It That The Roman Catholic Don't Speak In Tongues? by Ukutsgp(m): 6:54pm On Oct 05, 2014
chukwudi44:

Bros i think u need to get laid.Your loneliness is begining to affect your reasoning
go and sleep in one dump site. i know the catholic.
Re: Why Is It That The Roman Catholic Don't Speak In Tongues? by henrijin: 8:48pm On Oct 05, 2014
Because it's blabbing. What does it mean sef? Someone will tell me it's heavenly language. If u speak Portuguese to me who only understands English, you're speaking in an unknown tongue to me. Meanwhile, tongue means "language".
Re: Why Is It That The Roman Catholic Don't Speak In Tongues? by Boomark(m): 10:17pm On Oct 05, 2014
henrijin:
Because it's blabbing. What does it mean sef? Someone will tell me it's heavenly language. If u speak Portuguese to me who only understands English, you're speaking in an unknown tongue to me. Meanwhile, tongue means "language".

Beauriful!

Noise making is not speaking in tongue. Latin is not speaking in tongue(unknown language) for those who speak and understand Latin but it is, for those who don't understand Latin.
Re: Why Is It That The Roman Catholic Don't Speak In Tongues? by Ukutsgp(m): 10:54pm On Oct 05, 2014
Boomark:

Beauriful!

Noise making is not speaking in tongue. Latin is not speaking in tongue(unknown language) for those who speak and understand Latin but it is, for those who don't understand Latin.
how true is this.
Re: Why Is It That The Roman Catholic Don't Speak In Tongues? by Boomark(m): 8:21am On Oct 06, 2014
Ukutsgp:
how true is this.

Very true, Acts 2:11. They spoke and praised God in languages of different nations. Zototatatata! Is not a language.

Assuming they want to praise Peter by saying, "Peter thank you" and they chant, "pee pee pee ta ta ta tan tan thank oo you." those hearing this will say that these people are professional stammerers of only 3 words cos that is what they continue saying for hours.

Speaking in tongue first took place at the tower of babel. A shadow of something to come.
Re: Why Is It That The Roman Catholic Don't Speak In Tongues? by kevoh(m): 9:08am On Oct 06, 2014
Rich4god:
Abeg, all of una argueing with Ukutgp, make una help me with Mega byte I see say una get am in excess...
grin grin grin grin

When I see the OP's handle, this quote above comes to mind. Please carry on with your discussion, I'm not here to derail!
Re: Why Is It That The Roman Catholic Don't Speak In Tongues? by MightySparrow: 1:43pm On Oct 06, 2014
Speaking in tongues is for Pentecostals not Catholics.
Re: Why Is It That The Roman Catholic Don't Speak In Tongues? by Ukutsgp(m): 4:16pm On Oct 06, 2014
Boomark:

Very true, Acts 2:11. They spoke and praised God in languages of different nations. Zototatatata! Is not a language.

Assuming they want to praise Peter by saying, "Peter thank you" and they chant, "pee pee pee ta ta ta tan tan thank oo you." those hearing this will say that these people are professional stammerers of only 3 words cos that is what they continue saying for hours.

Speaking in tongue first took place at the tower of babel. A shadow of something to come.
so u think dat if i am speaking igbo to someone now then i am speaking in tongues? Is it the holyspirit giving me utterance then? I dnt think so.
Re: Why Is It That The Roman Catholic Don't Speak In Tongues? by Nobody: 5:46pm On Oct 06, 2014
jokinexcel:
Wow. Thanks for the info bro. I myself have asked myself this question but you have given me clarity on the issue. Thanks a lot. It was very informative. Shalom
Re: Why Is It That The Roman Catholic Don't Speak In Tongues? by Boomark(m): 7:43pm On Oct 06, 2014
Ukutsgp:
so u think dat if i am speaking igbo to someone now then i am speaking in tongues? Is it the holyspirit giving me utterance then? I dnt think so.

So how are you going to start speaking igbo when you have not learnt it?

I can make the noise...zatazozozobababa! Does it mean i am speaking in tongue?

One is impossible, the other is very very possible.

1 Like

Re: Why Is It That The Roman Catholic Don't Speak In Tongues? by Ukutsgp(m): 6:27pm On Oct 09, 2014
Boomark:

So how are you going to start speaking igbo when you have not learnt it?

I can make the noise...zatazozozobababa! Does it mean i am speaking in tongue?

One is impossible, the other is very very possible.
tongue can be any language that does nt exist here on earth. It is only the interpreter that can fathom it.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Thread In Rememberance Of The Great Pagan Ancestors Who Led Us / Did God Create Mermaid? / Woman Assaults Disabled Man For Not Believing In God (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.