Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,796 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:42 PM

Nigerian Navy Has Almost Ruined My Career - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigerian Navy Has Almost Ruined My Career (5244 Views)

Linkedin Is Really Adding Nothing To My Career. / Nigerian Navy 2017 Graduate Recruitment Begins / List Of Successful Candidates For Nigerian Navy Interview 2017 Released (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Navy Has Almost Ruined My Career by Ajoself(m): 2:55pm On Mar 31, 2022
Hello good people of nairaland,

I am need of a job. I studied Electrical Engineering and graduated with second class upper division from a university in South West in 2018. After my NYSC, I started as a trainee in an Automation company, they deceived me to train us on automation but they only used us for sales engineer.

After a year, I applied for Nigerian Navy. I was shortlisted to resume training in Onne after passing through aptitude test, medical, and physical screening, and interview with naval officers. I spent a month and two weeks in Onne. They lied I have medical issue with my heart. Nigerian navy sent us home.

I had resigned at work in order to leave for the training.
Now, I have no job. Please help me. It's a year now since this unfortunate ordeal happened. I have been feeling depressed and suicidal.

I need a job, help me.
Re: Nigerian Navy Has Almost Ruined My Career by blue01(m): 3:04pm On Mar 31, 2022
Sorry bro, may Nigeria never happen to any of us sad

12 Likes

Re: Nigerian Navy Has Almost Ruined My Career by Nobody: 3:04pm On Mar 31, 2022
Were you the one that created a thread that you have been shortlisted for a navy recruitment few years ago?
Until you pass out from training and you have been posted to other states,you are not yet a military personnel.Some recruits are drop at the last day before passing out and their names are replaced with a godson.
Nigeria is not yet a country.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Navy Has Almost Ruined My Career by Ajoself(m): 3:14pm On Mar 31, 2022
No
Revolution2022:
Were you the one that created a thread that you have been shortlisted for a navy recruitment few years ago?
Until you pass out from training and you have been posted to other states,you are not yet a military personnel.Some recruits are drop at the last day before passing out and their names are replaced with a godson.
Nigeria is not yet a country.
Re: Nigerian Navy Has Almost Ruined My Career by Ajoself(m): 3:15pm On Mar 31, 2022
Cc Seun lalasticala

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Navy Has Almost Ruined My Career by illicit(m): 4:04pm On Mar 31, 2022
Sue them or become a millitant and blow them to smithereens

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Navy Has Almost Ruined My Career by greatiyk4u(m): 4:36pm On Mar 31, 2022
Any evidence of the alleged sickness or just verbal pronouncements?

Have you tried undergoing confirmatory medical tests on your own?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Navy Has Almost Ruined My Career by Ajoself(m): 4:41pm On Mar 31, 2022
I have done the test. But the mistake I did was telling the truth to the doctor at naval hospital.
They said I had moderate pericardial effusion but the result of the one I did in Lagos is mild pericardial effusion. I have written petition to them through a lawyer but they still insist that mild and moderate are close, they can't call me back. I searched the symptoms of the condition, I do not have one.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Navy Has Almost Ruined My Career by AgentGoat: 5:23pm On Mar 31, 2022
Ajoself:
I have done the test. But the mistake I did was telling the truth to the doctor at naval hospital.
They said I had moderate pericardial effusion but the result of the one I did in Lagos is mild pericardial effusion. I have written petition to them through a lawyer but they still insist that mild and moderate are close, they can't call me back. I searched the symptoms of the condition, I do not have one.
Did you do chest x-ray?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Navy Has Almost Ruined My Career by Ajoself(m): 5:30pm On Mar 31, 2022
Only did ECG
AgentGoat:

Did you do chest x-ray?
Re: Nigerian Navy Has Almost Ruined My Career by AgentGoat: 5:31pm On Mar 31, 2022
Ajoself:
Only did ECG

Do digital chest x-ray make we see.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Navy Has Almost Ruined My Career by BuddhaGautama: 5:55pm On Mar 31, 2022
Ajoself:
Hello good people of nairaland,

I am need of a job. I studied Electrical Engineering and graduated with second class upper division from a university in South West in 2018. After my NYSC, I started as a trainee in an Automation company, they deceived me to train us on automation but they only used us for sales engineer.

After a year, I applied for Nigerian Navy. I was shortlisted to resume training in Onne after passing through aptitude test, medical, and physical screening, and interview with naval officers. I spent a month and two weeks in Onne. They lied I have medical issue with my heart. Nigerian navy sent us home.

I had resigned at work in order to leave for the training.
Now, I have no job. Please help me. It's a year now since this unfortunate ordeal happened. I have been feeling depressed and suicidal.

I need a job, help me.
How did you now pass the medicals if they knew you're not medically fit?
Only for them to send you packing during the training, that's injustice!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Navy Has Almost Ruined My Career by Ajoself(m): 5:59pm On Mar 31, 2022
BuddhaGautama:

How did you now pass the medicals if they knew you're not medically fit?
Only for them to send you packing during the training, that's injustice!
I am telling you brother. They did medical test for us before shortlisting o
Re: Nigerian Navy Has Almost Ruined My Career by Ajoself(m): 5:59pm On Mar 31, 2022
AgentGoat:

Do digital chest x-ray make we see.
Bro I don't have that money now. I need job
Re: Nigerian Navy Has Almost Ruined My Career by Joeyfizzo: 6:06pm On Mar 31, 2022
Re: Nigerian Navy Has Almost Ruined My Career by Joeyfizzo: 6:07pm On Mar 31, 2022
U like white and white bah? I passed out from Naval College Onne, now commissioned as an Officer. Don't b disappointed. In my course we lost two Cadets. One had the same issue, his godfathers said he Shud be considered. Two weeks to the end of training he slummed n died the other cadet died a week after resumption. The endurance training will break u and remold u.....that transformation process might kill u. After my course the next course lost another cadet....she had kidney issue. Don't worry u will do better out der if u try.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Navy Has Almost Ruined My Career by Ajoself(m): 6:10pm On Mar 31, 2022
Joeyfizzo:
I passed out from Naval College Onne. I am now an Officer. Don't b disappointed. In my course we lost two Cadets. One had the same issue, his godfathers said he Shud be considered. Two weeks to the end of training he slummed n died the other cadet died a week after resumption. The endurance training will break u and remold u.....that transformation process might kill u. After my course the next course lost another cadet....she had kidney issue.
I was shortlisted for DSSC28. It's not really genuine medical. The lady they said we had the same medical issue was called back. Her surname is Ibok-kete, former CNS.
Nothing happened to them

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Navy Has Almost Ruined My Career by Ajoself(m): 6:11pm On Mar 31, 2022
In fact, one guy from Jos had been failing medical screening right from navy town. He still failed in Onne. He was not sent home because he knows a senator on naval matters.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Navy Has Almost Ruined My Career by Joeyfizzo: 6:12pm On Mar 31, 2022
Ajoself:

I was shortlisted for DSSC28. It's not really genuine medical. The lady they said we had the same medical issue was called back. Her surname is Ibok-kete, former CNS.
Nothing happened to them
it's risky...maybe she was excluded from doing strenuous activities....she must b related to former CNS....if u have a godfather contact him

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Navy Has Almost Ruined My Career by Joeyfizzo: 6:12pm On Mar 31, 2022
Ajoself:
In fact, one guy from Jos had been failing medical screening right from navy town. He still failed in Onne. He was not sent home because he knows a senator on naval matters.
that's it.
Re: Nigerian Navy Has Almost Ruined My Career by Ajoself(m): 6:18pm On Mar 31, 2022
Joeyfizzo:
it's risky...maybe she was excluded from doing strenuous activities....she must b related to former CNS....if u have a godfather contact him
I had a rear admiral but he's not helping. He has retired though. My brother, I need job. That's the bottom line. I hardly feed well since I left the training school

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Navy Has Almost Ruined My Career by techgen(m): 6:39pm On Mar 31, 2022
You don’t know what the heavens is protecting you from…if you’re really a practical Electrical Engineer…you should not be crying for job, when your services are highly needed in a country where electricity is a big issue…look for field workers and partner with or be doing daily maintenance job…until your dream job comes to you…you’ll not know, how far you can go…unless you try cool

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Navy Has Almost Ruined My Career by Hustlerlomo(m): 7:41pm On Mar 31, 2022
Notice... Nobody should trade giftcard with that grip ,they are ripping people and I believe seun knows about this .. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Navy Has Almost Ruined My Career by Powerfly(f): 8:49pm On Mar 31, 2022
blue01:
Sorry bro, may Nigeria never happen to any of us sad

Try not getting any girl pregnant while you're here... grin shocked

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Navy Has Almost Ruined My Career by careytommy37(m): 1:02am On Apr 01, 2022
I'll advise the OP to forget about the navy and start looking upward towards better things. You still young and with the quality of your education, would sooner or later land a very good job
Re: Nigerian Navy Has Almost Ruined My Career by Joeyfizzo: 1:53am On Apr 01, 2022
illicit:
Comedian
Re: Nigerian Navy Has Almost Ruined My Career by Nobody: 3:00am On Apr 01, 2022
illicit:
He will lose.He said he has pericardial effusion.Na him godfather fit help am.You see all this educational and medical screening at the military recruitment,it is a way of disqualifying candidates who don't have long legs.During my army and airforce recruitment screening,some candidates who fail the screening test were dropped they would make phone calls.The next day they would rejoined the next screening stage.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Navy Has Almost Ruined My Career by Elsueno: 7:43am On Apr 01, 2022
The mistake most of u make is resigning b4 u actually get d job thoroughly
In that onne is where they usually drop people with one silly excuse or the other...Sorry
Re: Nigerian Navy Has Almost Ruined My Career by blue01(m): 9:20am On Apr 01, 2022
Powerfly:

Try not getting any girl pregnant while you're here... grin shocked

I don't understand....
Re: Nigerian Navy Has Almost Ruined My Career by Powerfly(f): 10:29am On Apr 01, 2022
blue01:

I don't understand....

Try not to bring a child into this world via Nigeria.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Job Recruitment At Sales Force Consulting (8 Positions) – Apply Now / Oceanic Bank Vs Etisalat Nigeria / Article Writer Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.