Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,928 members, 7,952,735 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 10:34 PM

X Gender Marker Available On U.S. Passports Starting April 11 - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / X Gender Marker Available On U.S. Passports Starting April 11 (32620 Views)

Anna Turaeva: Russian Female Powerlifter Asked To Prove Gender At Airport / The 10 Least Most Powerful Passports In Africa / 10 Of The Most Powerful Passports In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: X Gender Marker Available On U.S. Passports Starting April 11 by Originalsly: 3:22pm On Apr 01, 2022
cococandy:

The person you described would be neither male nor female. That’s the whole point of the post.
Biologically and genetically, there are more than two genders. The strict binary system is a social system that ignores biologically realities such as intersex individuals.

Strict binary system.... two umbrellas.... male and female. An individual ... intersection... hermaphrodite... whatever can be placed under one... male or female. Womb... female period. As in the quote... no male has a womb... up to this point in natural human development. In the future... very possible with the new designer humans now on stream.
Re: X Gender Marker Available On U.S. Passports Starting April 11 by nextstep(m): 3:31pm On Apr 01, 2022
ChristineC:
so Christianity has become an oyinbos thing?

Just like English is an oyinbo thing (i.e. not my language, even though I use it to communicate), I can make a distinction between my religion and oyinbo religion.

Where did this particular story (Christianity) originate? Israel. Then the Europeans (and Ethiopians) took that story and made it their way of life for nearly two millennia. Finally they brought their own story to West Africa when they came looking for territories to conquer. It's not my story, nor the story of my predecessors. That's why it's an oyinbo thing.

What makes it more special than the ones we have about Olodumare and Chineke and Boorii?
Same premise: there's a supreme being, who typically always existed and created the world; there are spiritual beings that can manifest in the physical world for good and bad; there are intercessors that help humans get closer with the supreme. Why is one particular version of this premise more "correct" than mine?

1 Like

Re: X Gender Marker Available On U.S. Passports Starting April 11 by cococandy(f): 5:04pm On Apr 01, 2022
Originalsly:

Strict binary system.... two umbrellas.... male and female. An individual ... intersection... hermaphrodite... whatever can be placed under one... male or female. Womb... female period. As in the quote... no male has a womb... up to this point in natural human development. In the future... very possible with the new designer humans now on stream.
you’re purposely delegitimizing the existence of other humans who had no control over how their bodies turned out. Not very “live laugh love” of you

2 Likes

Re: X Gender Marker Available On U.S. Passports Starting April 11 by Originalsly: 5:08pm On Apr 01, 2022
safarigirl:

I hate to break it to you, but most of the actual world, not just the countries that are high on your immigration list, is still conservative

Enter India, China, Kenya, Nigeria, Russia, Ethiopia, Egypt and allow them clear your doubts about where you stand as a black man in comparison to the white man, or whether they acknowledge any gender outside Male or Female.

Most of the world has still not bought into any of these beliefs.

In reality, the white man still does not believe the black man is equal to him, what laws have done is force the white man to tolerate the black man's presence.

There is still no regard or respect for the black man from any race. The black race is still bottom of the totem pole and no matter how many rights the black man is given, true equality is not achieved.

It is the same thing now with the gender rights. Liberalism will pander to it, but the reality of the world does not care for these things.

Perception is not the same as reality

Discrimination still exists and will always exist..m

The internet is the number one enabler of delusion.

FACTS. What many see as acceptance is really not but like you said.... because of laws most people hide their true feelings about transgenders... gays... male/female/X etc.
Myself as an example .... living in present day Sodom and Gomorrah... and working in a hive of such people... having to make face to face contact. I see and interact with them all.... have to be professional... operate.within the laws that protect them in particular. Slap a man....as in Will Smith slapping Chris Rock.... assault charges only.... if Chris Rock were gay.... hate crime charge added. Because of laws most gave to bear. One time called to find out if customer was at home... male voice ... said he was not ... but let me hold for a minute let him call his husband. Took a minute for my brain to process that. Transgender... delivering to a guy... had something to say... I politely replied Sir... we do not.... and before I can go any further he became verrrry upset and sternly warned me not to address him as Sir.... he's not a man. The younger Trans are over bold and over aggressive..... they'll be right up the face like they want to plant a kiss. I see them dress as full sexy women.... since breasts... fake butts ... tight tights and men will be staring. ... and we wonder why some get killed. Sex change ones... what really is sex change?... this one I really have a problem with... no womb etc.. how is the sex changed? Know one.... looks more feminine less masqueline after the surgery ... but everything I look his her giant hands ... I fear a slap.more than the law. All these versions of male/ female... why add another when we can't even manage where we have?
Re: X Gender Marker Available On U.S. Passports Starting April 11 by Originalsly: 5:16pm On Apr 01, 2022
cococandy:

you’re purposely delegitimizing the existence of other humans who had no control over how their bodies turned out. Not very “live laugh love” of you

I'm not delegitimizing anybody..... they are legitimate like anybody else.... has rights like anybody else. What will happen if we pander to everyone's feelings?
Re: X Gender Marker Available On U.S. Passports Starting April 11 by cococandy(f): 5:22pm On Apr 01, 2022
Originalsly:

I'm not delegitimizing anybody..... they are legitimate like anybody else.... has rights like anybody else. What will happen if we pander to everyone's feelings?
If you consider them legitimate and have the right to live like everyone else, then them having a spot on their passport to identify with their gender won’t be an issue for you.

You don’t consider yourself being pandered to when your basic respect is given. Why do you consider it pandering when same is done for them? Is it because you don’t actually truly consider them legitimate humans?

3 Likes

Re: X Gender Marker Available On U.S. Passports Starting April 11 by Dizzyyish: 5:24pm On Apr 01, 2022
LordIsaac:

I'm wondering, at a very basic level like in the University, if your coursemate is cheating in the same examination you are sitting for and you sighted him, would you report him?
I'm not really following..
Re: X Gender Marker Available On U.S. Passports Starting April 11 by cococandy(f): 5:26pm On Apr 01, 2022
When you see straight people up close to you like they want to plant a kiss or dressing however they like, do you think to yourself “no wonder they get killed?”

What makes you feel that way about LGBTQ people?

Originalsly:

FACTS. What many see as acceptance is really not but like you said.... because of laws most people hide their true feelings about transgenders... gays... male/female/X etc.
Myself as an example .... living in present day Sodom and Gomorrah... and working in a hive of such people... having to make face to face contact. I see and interact with them all.... have to be professional... operate.within the laws that protect them in particular. Slap a man....as in Will Smith slapping Chris Rock.... assault charges only.... if Chris Rock were gay.... hate crime charge added. Because of laws most gave to bear. One time called to find out if customer was at home... male voice ... said he was not ... but let me hold for a minute let him call his husband. Took a minute for my brain to process that. Transgender... delivering to a guy... had something to say... I politely replied Sir... we do not.... and before I can go any further he became verrrry upset and sternly warned me not to address him as Sir.... he's not a man. The younger Trans are over bold and over aggressive..... they'll be right up the face like they want to plant a kiss. I see them dress as full sexy women.... since breasts... fake butts ... tight tights and men will be staring. ... and we wonder why some get killed. Sex change ones... what really is sex change?... this one I really have a problem with... no womb etc.. how is the sex changed? Know one.... looks more feminine less masqueline after the surgery ... but everything I look his her giant hands ... I fear a slap.more than the law. All these versions of male/ female... why add another when we can't even manage where we have?

3 Likes

Re: X Gender Marker Available On U.S. Passports Starting April 11 by LordIsaac(m): 5:31pm On Apr 01, 2022
Dizzyyish:

I'm not really following..
This is in response to your article on the current state of moral degradation in our society.
Re: X Gender Marker Available On U.S. Passports Starting April 11 by Dizzyyish: 5:43pm On Apr 01, 2022
LordIsaac:

This is in response to your article on the current state of moral degradation in our society.
Oh okay. Well, that depends. If it will only affect him then one could ignore him. But if that malpractice would affect other people or everyone in some way then one might have to do the needful. In most cases, evil flourishes faster when you ignore it.
When you give most people an inch they'll take a mile (slippert slope fallacy) but in this case it's not really a fallacy cuz the U.S has given LGBTQIIA+ Alphabet Gang an inch and see what is happening to that country and other countries in turn. And that's with them being the 3-4% 'minority', just imagine if they were like a third of the U.S population

Most Nigerians supporting such degeneracy would not let their own children be members of the Alphabet Gang, including the ones on this thread, they'll praise lgbt then bash bobrisky.

“Gradually, the unthinkable becomes tolerable, then acceptable, then legal, then praised.” - Joni Eareckson Tada
Re: X Gender Marker Available On U.S. Passports Starting April 11 by LordIsaac(m): 5:53pm On Apr 01, 2022
Dizzyyish:

Oh okay. Well, that depends. If it will only affect him then one could ignore him. But if that malpractice would affect other people or everyone in some way then one might have to do the needful. In most cases, evil flourishes faster when you ignore it.
When you give most people an inch they'll take a mile (slippert slope fallacy) but in this case it's not really a fallacy cuz the U.S has given LGBTQIIA+ Alphabet Gang an inch and see what is happening to that country and other countries in turn. And that's with them being the 3-4% 'minority', just imagine if they were like a third of the U.S population

Most Nigerians supporting such degeneracy would not let their own children be members of the Alphabet Gang, including the ones on this thread, they'll praise lgbt then bash bobrisky.

“Gradually, the unthinkable becomes tolerable, then acceptable, then legal, then praised.” - Joni Eareckson Tada
I see the point. Thanks.
Re: X Gender Marker Available On U.S. Passports Starting April 11 by Originalsly: 6:55pm On Apr 01, 2022
cococandy:

When you see straight people up close to you like they want to plant a kiss or dressing however they like, do you think to yourself “no wonder they get killed?”

What makes you feel that way about LGBTQ people?

Hmmm.... you are sooo sensitive/defensive! .... now I never said LGBTQ people..... I was specific.... said Trans... and more specific .... young Trans .Straight guys don't be up in another guy's face be giving him that look.
On being killed... again....especially the young ones... in daylight many pass as female... same enter clubs at nights ... guys pounce on them... grinding and kissing and all set for a one night stand.... only to then discover it is fellow man and not woman.... was deceived all nite. Some got killed because of this. A man can understand the rage this brings in a man .... not likely for a woman to understand. The deceiving ones are the ones that be risking their lives.
Re: X Gender Marker Available On U.S. Passports Starting April 11 by cococandy(f): 7:14pm On Apr 01, 2022
I guess they shouldn’t be pouncing and grinding on people they don’t know well.

Some conversation and consent goes a long way. Not trying to hit on anything in skirt they come across

Originalsly:

Hmmm.... you are sooo sensitive/defensive! .... now I never said LGBTQ people..... I was specific.... said Trans... and more specific .... young Trans .Straight guys don't be up in another guy's face be giving him that look.
On being killed... again....especially the young ones... in daylight many pass as female... same enter clubs at nights ... guys pounce on them... grinding and kissing and all set for a one night stand.... only to then discover it is fellow man and not woman.... was deceived all nite. Some got killed because of this. A man can understand the rage this brings in a man .... not likely for a woman to understand. The deceiving ones are the ones that be risking their lives.

2 Likes

Re: X Gender Marker Available On U.S. Passports Starting April 11 by Originalsly: 7:19pm On Apr 01, 2022
cococandy:

If you consider them legitimate and have the right to live like everyone else, then them having a spot on their passport to identify with their gender won’t be an issue for you.

You don’t consider yourself being pandered to when your basic respect is given. Why do you consider it pandering when same is done for them? Is it because you don’t actually truly consider them legitimate humans?

What right they don't have like everybody else? The passport is about sex .... male/female.... whatever physical alteration one makes does not change one's sex.... however one feels about himself does not change his sex. He has that right like everybody else .... to be on the same page with everybody else. He is now asking for extra rights ... the right to have on his passport not what he is like others... but how he feels about himself and thus can lead us down a slippery slope and really have things so complicated that we wouldn't know who is who/what. And now........ my question to you! What if the ehmmm.... Incestors begin to clamor for an "I" to be on their passport since they have been deligitimized?... would you consider their feeling and allow?
Re: X Gender Marker Available On U.S. Passports Starting April 11 by cococandy(f): 7:24pm On Apr 01, 2022
Originalsly:

What right they don't have like everybody else? The passport is about sex .... male/female.... whatever physical alteration one makes does not change one's sex.... however one feels about himself does not change his sex. He has that right like everybody else .... to be on the same page with everybody else. He is now asking for extra rights ... the right to have on his passport not what he is like others... but how he feels about himself and thus can lead us down a slippery slope and really have things so complicated that we wouldn't know who is who/what. And now........ my question to you! What if the ehmmm.... Incestors begin to clamor for an "I" to be on their passport since they have been deligitimized?... would you consider their feeling and allow?

“Incestor” is not a gender identity
Neither is bestiality nor child sexual predators.
Neither gay nor straight.
None of those things are gender identities.
There’s no where in your passport that you’re required to indicate what type of sexual activity you like to engage in.
I know those are all of the false equivalencies you’re about to bring up.

Your gender identity doesn’t mean the type of sexual relationship you are in. As we know, a man can be straight or gay or pedophilic. His passport will still say he’s a man because we are not interested in who he’s sleeping with. Same applies to a woman. And same should apply to anyone who’s neither male nor female.

4 Likes

Re: X Gender Marker Available On U.S. Passports Starting April 11 by Originalsly: 7:30pm On Apr 01, 2022
cococandy:

I guess they shouldn’t be pouncing and grinding on people they don’t know well.

Some conversation and consent goes a long way. Not trying to hit on anything in skirt they come across

Pounce is a strong word!.... I was referring to a smooth guy ... not a tout. No doubt... conversation will take place ... is it he has to ask? These ones turn on all the female mannerisms.... no cap!
Re: X Gender Marker Available On U.S. Passports Starting April 11 by Originalsly: 7:42pm On Apr 01, 2022
cococandy:

“Incestor” is not a gender identity

And same should apply to anyone who’s neither male nor female.

True....'Incestor' is about sexual preference.... you're right.

Everyone is either male or female.... biologically. Instead of this... something fixed... established from birth.... unchanged at death..... X is now about "feelings" ... one has a choice .... holder of passport X....can begin passing through immigration as a woman and boarding the plane as a man!....flexible human! He should let sleeping dogs lie! Pretty soon we can't address each other as Sir /Madam/ whatever..... wrong title and we be in court.
Re: X Gender Marker Available On U.S. Passports Starting April 11 by cococandy(f): 8:02pm On Apr 01, 2022
Originalsly:

True....'Incestor' is about sexual preference.... you're right.

Everyone is either male or female.... biologically. Instead of this... something fixed... established from birth.... unchanged at death..... X is now about "feelings" ... one has a choice .... holder of passport X....can begin passing through immigration as a woman and boarding the plane as a man!....flexible human! He should let sleeping dogs lie! Pretty soon we can't address each other as Sir /Madam/ whatever..... wrong title and we be in court.

If you understood my position from the beginning, we wouldn’t have had such a long conversation.
I’m telling you that biologically (feelings aside) that there are more genders (sexes) than male and female. Look it up.
In fact they are as common as red heads. That means their population is high enough to not be ignored as a tiny minority. They are a considerably sized minority group.

Look it up .

As for addressing people, just call them what they want to be called. It doesn’t take anything from you

3 Likes

Re: X Gender Marker Available On U.S. Passports Starting April 11 by Cousin9999: 8:28pm On Apr 01, 2022
There's only 2 genders. Gender is biological and immutable.

This passport crap is f***ing stupid.
Re: X Gender Marker Available On U.S. Passports Starting April 11 by Originalsly: 8:29pm On Apr 01, 2022
nextstep:

Just like English is an oyinbo thing (i.e. not my language, even though I use it to communicate), I can make a distinction betwee⁹n my religion and oyinbo religion.

Where did this particular story (Christianity) originate? Israel. Then the Europeans (and Ethiopians) took that story and made it their way of life for nearly two millennia. Finally they brought their own story to West Africa when they came looking for territories to conquer. It's not my story, nor the story of my predecessors. That's why it's an oyinbo thing.

What makes it more special than the ones we have about Olodumare and Chineke and Boorii?
Same premise: there's a supreme being, who typically always existed and created the world; there are spiritual beings that can manifest in the physical world for good and bad; there are intercessors that help humans get closer with the supreme. Why is one particular version of this premise more "correct" than mine?

Hmmm.... what makes you so sure Christianity began in Israel? ... the ones we know as Jews have verrry little to do with the Bible and even less with Jesus. Are you sure the Christian story is not a European adaptation of an African "religion"? ...maybe the story of Oludumare? Where was Europe in that time period?.... were they civilized? Where was Africa in that time period? Were they civilized? What was the status of Timbuktu?.... the Library of Alexandria? ... What was in Europe at the time? Africa was the place to be ... the 'developed country' in that period while Europe was the underdeveloped backward one. They had no religion. They came trekking to Africa to learn... lived there... some went back with the knowledge they gained... the Moors went there and took civilization to them. Christianity... European adaptation of African belief systems.
Re: X Gender Marker Available On U.S. Passports Starting April 11 by hamouston91(m): 9:05pm On Apr 01, 2022
MisterGrace:
The United States have very very bad ideals and zero morality.
A quick check will show you that they are about the only country
that is promoting this g.ay nonsense.

I wonder why that is a priority to them.

They started the issue of gender equality, making millions of ladies toxic
and bad. The likes of developed worlds like China, Russia and others are still
very traditional focused.

From bad dressing, to hard drugs and dirty acts, they exhibit these things
on the TV.

Talk about disrespect all in the name of modernity. Many young generations are now very
rude.

Some dirty ones will be blaming zodiac signs.

What is even good about them? invading people's lands and destroying them.

Though I abhor any form of unclean practices but I must remind you not to be prejudiced in your judgment.
How can you say the US is the Progenitor of Unclean practices and Homosexuality.
Where were you when Other countries were pioneering x passport.
Hate what is bad and Stop blaming any worldly misfortune on the United states.
At least 15 countries had already allowed

people to amend their gender to a legalized

non-binary or third gender identifier on their

passport, before the United states . These countries include Argentina, Austria,

Australia, Canada, Colombia, Denmark,

Germany, Iceland, Ireland, Malta, the

Netherlands, New Zealand, Pakistan, India

and Nepal.
In 2019, Canada introduced gender-neutral

passports with an X category after a number

of provinces made non-binary markers

available for birth certificates and driver's

licenses two years earlier.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

3 People Die As 14-Seater Bus Plunges Into River In Ogun State / Burnt Buses At Forte-oil Tanker Ojuelegba Accident Scene (photos) / Iganmu Bridge Blocked As Septic Tank Falls On Highway. See Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.