Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,417 members, 7,826,606 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 05:08 PM

Multichoice Has Implemented Its New DStv/ GOtv Subscription Price - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Multichoice Has Implemented Its New DStv/ GOtv Subscription Price (47441 Views)

Multichoice Ignores Court Order, proceeds With DSTV, Gotv subscription Hikes / Multichoice Nigeria Introduces New Dstv & Gotv Packages / Multichoice, DSTV/GOTV To Shut Down June 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Multichoice Has Implemented Its New DStv/ GOtv Subscription Price by iCauseTrouble: 4:24pm On Apr 01, 2022
shocked
Re: Multichoice Has Implemented Its New DStv/ GOtv Subscription Price by ivolt: 4:24pm On Apr 01, 2022
hmm
Re: Multichoice Has Implemented Its New DStv/ GOtv Subscription Price by Comedian2019: 4:25pm On Apr 01, 2022
CharleyBright:
Nigerians should boycott DSTV and GOTV subscription for 2months.
I don't blame Multichoice for always exploiting Nigerians.
- I blame Nigerians for not standing in one voice to fight back in protest.
- I blame the FG for not providing a viable alternative to DStv. The useless FreeTV they promoted and spent billions to hype lacks content and it is total local rubbish.
- I blame the National Assembly for lacking the will power to enact laws that will compel multichoice to abide by fairplay.
- I blame the regulatory bodies for not trying to protect Nigerians. Force DStv to do pay as u go or they move out. Am sure they won't want to lose a Nigerian market that provides more than 40% of their revenue.

Multichoice knows that even if they hike tarrif to 30k monthly and they go settle Legislators behind,nothing will happen and Nigerians will grudgingly pay and show goes on.
Nigeria is the only country where bullshit happens in broad daylight.

Nairalanders should help TSTV get the needed adverts and publicity. When everyone turn to TSTV and they get the needed patronage, they will give DStv the run for their money.
I've stopped paying for the past two months. I will soon sell the decoder and dish at giveaway price.

2 Likes

Re: Multichoice Has Implemented Its New DStv/ GOtv Subscription Price by Brownshoe: 4:27pm On Apr 01, 2022
You get, no be price they pain me but the light to enjoy it.
flokii:
Multichoice fleecing Nigerians all thanks to our corrupt system where people think of bribe and brown envelope before national interest.

If you're paying this huge per month and you hardly have electricity to watch their channels.. isn't that rip off?
Just like prepaid meters, you should be paying for value consumed not paying the same money with those who sit in front of their TVs 24/7 every month. It's like we'll start a protest against Multichoice in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Multichoice Has Implemented Its New DStv/ GOtv Subscription Price by ajilegend(m): 4:27pm On Apr 01, 2022
Our Senate and others are just toothless bull dog. They cannot be taken serious because of corruption.
Re: Multichoice Has Implemented Its New DStv/ GOtv Subscription Price by OdenKelechi(m): 4:28pm On Apr 01, 2022
Lol, na you been dey jonze na. They changed it even before senate asked them not to. If you have the app it should have notified you when they did
Re: Multichoice Has Implemented Its New DStv/ GOtv Subscription Price by chaloskyx: 4:28pm On Apr 01, 2022
you think any institution takes Nigerian govt seriously we the people have more influence than our govt multichoice would only adjust price when people stop subscribing and looking for a cheaper option
Re: Multichoice Has Implemented Its New DStv/ GOtv Subscription Price by chaloskyx: 4:28pm On Apr 01, 2022
you think any institution takes Nigerian govt seriously we the people have more influence than our govt multichoice would only adjust price when people stop subscribing and looking for a cheaper alternative
Re: Multichoice Has Implemented Its New DStv/ GOtv Subscription Price by damosade(m): 4:29pm On Apr 01, 2022
ivandragon:
Watching DSTV/GOTV is a luxury. Let CPC & other relevant agencies do their job if DSTV/GOTV has contravened any laws...

Government increases taxes, prices are going up, but you don't want private businesses to also adjust...

The NASS should rather focus its attention on more important & national issues such as insecurity & the fuel situation which has lasted over 2 months making this the longest in Nigeria’s history...

That evil box..

Am completing my payments by June, since 2017
Re: Multichoice Has Implemented Its New DStv/ GOtv Subscription Price by Brownshoe: 4:29pm On Apr 01, 2022
Any alternative for this multchoice, i will gladly welcome it
Re: Multichoice Has Implemented Its New DStv/ GOtv Subscription Price by azpekuliar: 4:31pm On Apr 01, 2022
My friend has been magnanimous by sharing his Netflix account with me. Na wetin I go use as soon as my DSTV subscription expires.
Re: Multichoice Has Implemented Its New DStv/ GOtv Subscription Price by Angelfrost(m): 4:32pm On Apr 01, 2022
Dstv did say those who subscribe today can still use the old tariff, and even get upgraded!
Re: Multichoice Has Implemented Its New DStv/ GOtv Subscription Price by Temidayo9(m): 4:33pm On Apr 01, 2022
flokii:
Multichoice fleecing Nigerians all thanks to our corrupt system where people think of bribe and brown envelope before national interest.

If you're paying this huge per month and you hardly have electricity to watch their channels.. isn't that rip off?
Just like prepaid meters, you should be paying for value consumed not paying the same money with those who sit in front of their TVs 24/7 every month. It's like we'll start a protest against Multichoice in Nigeria.
Logically, Multichoice has never fail any day/time you pay for their services, Nigerian should hold DISCO's accountable.
FYI. Even if dey billed you per day, PHCN would still not bring light.

2 Likes

Re: Multichoice Has Implemented Its New DStv/ GOtv Subscription Price by Nobody: 4:33pm On Apr 01, 2022
Nice
Re: Multichoice Has Implemented Its New DStv/ GOtv Subscription Price by Charly500(m): 4:33pm On Apr 01, 2022
DavSagacity:
My GoTv subscription is due for New payment. I brought out my phone to subscribe for another month only to discover that the price has been adjusted.
Meanwhile I read on Wednesday on this platform that the Senate has ask the Service provider not to increase their services now considering the harsh economic situation of the country at the moment.
Guys what say you...??

Thats to tell you that envelopes have exchanged hands within the period you heard the news about senate saying that they should hold on with their price increase.
Re: Multichoice Has Implemented Its New DStv/ GOtv Subscription Price by Nobody: 4:34pm On Apr 01, 2022
Yes I love their app i was upgraded to premium for free being compact plus but I Dey wait till tomorrow to tell them thank you o but no thank you unless na free things o
Re: Multichoice Has Implemented Its New DStv/ GOtv Subscription Price by Godmademan(m): 4:34pm On Apr 01, 2022
CharleyBright:
Nigerians should boycott DSTV and GOTV subscription for 2months.
I don't blame Multichoice for always exploiting Nigerians.
- I blame Nigerians for not standing in one voice to fight back in protest.
- I blame the FG for not providing a viable alternative to DStv. The useless FreeTV they promoted and spent billions to hype lacks content and it is total local rubbish.
- I blame the National Assembly for lacking the will power to enact laws that will compel multichoice to abide by fairplay.
- I blame the regulatory bodies for not trying to protect Nigerians. Force DStv to do pay as u go or they move out. Am sure they won't want to lose a Nigerian market that provides more than 40% of their revenue.

Multichoice knows that even if they hike tarrif to 30k monthly and they go settle Legislators behind,nothing will happen and Nigerians will grudgingly pay and show goes on.
Nigeria is the only country where bullshit happens in broad daylight.

Nairalanders should help TSTV get the needed adverts and publicity. When everyone turn to TSTV and they get the needed patronage, they will give DStv the run for their money.
Save the analysis. We've been on this issue since 2003. It's of no use. Corruption have always won.
Re: Multichoice Has Implemented Its New DStv/ GOtv Subscription Price by femijay8271(m): 4:35pm On Apr 01, 2022
Bobbyjay001:
I don't know why our government allow these company do this nonsense and go scot-free.
Would believe what I am presently passing through from MTN lumos?

I got the MTN lumos prime in December 2020 where I was to #7300 for 48 months. When I calculated the #7300 for 4 years plus my initial deposit of #35000, it would be almost #400k for 4 years for a box which can't ev n power my ORL 20' standing fine.

I got the shock of my life early last year when the price was adjusted to #8000 per month.
I didn't bulge and I was paying the #8000 every month till December when I got another "shock absorber" of my life.

Price has been reviewed again from #8000 to #9600.

I jejely abandoned the damned box since December and have not subscribed till present.

I wanted to return it but was told I would forfeit my initial deposit and all money paid for subscription for a year. I would be at the losing side. Had to keep the damned thing and bought a small solar panel bulbs that can charge phone Sha.

Our government is inept and are allowing these foreign companies to rob us of our hard earned money. It's a pity Sha

Why can't you get beebeejump solar, believe me, u will keep thanking God Almighty every day if u do.

1 Like

Re: Multichoice Has Implemented Its New DStv/ GOtv Subscription Price by EcoLaw: 4:36pm On Apr 01, 2022
This kind amount pay month when we hardly have power supply, with our National grid going off. In a month we hardly have power supply for 5 days in my area, abeg make we do pay per view. I understand with multi choice that cost of production and running business is on the high side but they should consider the common man also.
Re: Multichoice Has Implemented Its New DStv/ GOtv Subscription Price by MARKone(m): 4:39pm On Apr 01, 2022
flokii:

Many people are not even resubscribing again, I stopped since January this year, where is the light to watch. So Multichoice on itself is also loosing customers due to the non availability of Electricity.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Multichoice Has Implemented Its New DStv/ GOtv Subscription Price by EnglandAmaka(f): 4:41pm On Apr 01, 2022
FalseProphet1:
I use my TV and the guy that installed it for me hacked it so I'm getting all the channels free of charge. The only problem is that you can't watch any life football on it.

Just church stations, where you have over 100 different churches in Nigeria and Africa which you can follow live. Popular ones include RCCG, MFM, Dominion, Dunamis... etc. Nollywood movies, foreign movies, news...etc. but I'm enjoying it like that at least I have peace of mind.

I see another on air TV overshadowing DStv in the coming months.

This I have seen

You are using Strong

3 Likes

Re: Multichoice Has Implemented Its New DStv/ GOtv Subscription Price by Skillsnigeria: 4:42pm On Apr 01, 2022
grin
Re: Multichoice Has Implemented Its New DStv/ GOtv Subscription Price by olibeans: 4:44pm On Apr 01, 2022
They should leave Nigeria.
We are okay with star times and others.
They're never tired of thieving us. Let them go to their useless South Africa and make their Money.
Re: Multichoice Has Implemented Its New DStv/ GOtv Subscription Price by Juoflife1(f): 4:44pm On Apr 01, 2022
Gotv max that does not show champions league and epl star games. They will show one film a million times and When it rains......
It's a private business sha and can increase the price of their products. What we want is pay per view. This is what the Nigerian govt should mandate multichoice to do.

1 Like

Re: Multichoice Has Implemented Its New DStv/ GOtv Subscription Price by GreaterFuture(m): 4:46pm On Apr 01, 2022
If internet is not your Problem, I have IPTV setup, very powerful, 1yr account

Movies, series and Live tv
Over 100k movies and series, and over 20k stations world over.
The godfather of all Cable, online media.

DM̄ me

Also, Online Ɗstv account available for ₦... only
Watch World cup, EPL and all ⚽ matches anytime, anywhere In are in D ��
Watch all sports, African magic, series, �� local stations world Over, on ur phone Tablet, PC, smart TV etc.
Îptv & Showmax 1yr acc Also available

Dm me ��
Re: Multichoice Has Implemented Its New DStv/ GOtv Subscription Price by Fourwinds: 4:50pm On Apr 01, 2022
kingsways:
The Senate is stewpid I'm sorry to say

With the value of the Naira crashing, cost of power and fuel going up, you cannot ask a business not to increase prices

It seems to me this Senate has completely lost focus.

They should have focused their energy on how to ensure lives and properties of Nigerians are secured rather than waste valuable time on DSTV prices

Then workers salaries should be increased since we are all affected
Re: Multichoice Has Implemented Its New DStv/ GOtv Subscription Price by adecz: 4:50pm On Apr 01, 2022
Can't blame them
Re: Multichoice Has Implemented Its New DStv/ GOtv Subscription Price by joshuaidibia(m): 4:51pm On Apr 01, 2022
DavSagacity:
My GoTv subscription is due for New payment. I brought out my phone to subscribe for another month only to discover that the price has been adjusted.
Meanwhile I read on Wednesday on this platform that the Senate has ask the Service provider not to increase their services now considering the harsh economic situation of the country at the moment.
Guys what say you...??

I overcame this. They sent me a message that I'll be paying N21,000 for premium from April 1st. I took it upon myself to contact their Facebook handle, and I was told that I can lock my subscription of N18,400 if I can subscribe again before April 1st and be subscribing before my subscription expires. Had to pay for one month advance. If the prices still remains N21,000 when my subscription wants to expire, I'll pay N18,400 before it does.

1 Like

Re: Multichoice Has Implemented Its New DStv/ GOtv Subscription Price by Fourwinds: 4:51pm On Apr 01, 2022
Immatex:
They should keep deceiving and lying to themselves.

Those stupid Senators have increased prices in their filling stations and businesses nationwide but have the effortery to attempt to stop other businesses from doing same.

Next will be telecom service providers. Their rate increase is unavoidable too.

Then workers salaries should be increased since we are all affected

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

BBTitans: I Made So Much Money Using Kayanmata To Attract Senators - Nana / Kemen’s Family Reacts To His Disqualification From Bbnaija Due To Tboss’ Assault / BBNaija: Photo Of Efe's Parents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.