Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:39 AM

Multichoice Has Implemented Its New DStv/ GOtv Subscription Price - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Multichoice Has Implemented Its New DStv/ GOtv Subscription Price (47369 Views)

Multichoice Increases DSTV And Gotv Subscription Prices This November / Multichoice Nigeria Introduces New Dstv & Gotv Packages / Multichoice, DSTV/GOTV To Shut Down June 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Multichoice Has Implemented Its New DStv/ GOtv Subscription Price by DavSagacity(m): 8:29am On Apr 01, 2022
My GoTv subscription is due for New payment. I brought out my phone to subscribe for another month only to discover that the price has been adjusted.
Meanwhile I read on Wednesday on this platform that the Senate has ask the Service provider not to increase their services now considering the harsh economic situation of the country at the moment.
Guys what say you...??

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Multichoice Has Implemented Its New DStv/ GOtv Subscription Price by bigtt76(f): 8:34am On Apr 01, 2022
ok
Re: Multichoice Has Implemented Its New DStv/ GOtv Subscription Price by flokii: 8:52am On Apr 01, 2022
Multichoice fleecing Nigerians all thanks to our corrupt system where people think of bribe and brown envelope before national interest.

If you're paying this huge per month and you hardly have electricity to watch their channels.. isn't that rip off?
Just like prepaid meters, you should be paying for value consumed not paying the same money with those who sit in front of their TVs 24/7 every month. It's like we'll start a protest against Multichoice in Nigeria.

243 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Multichoice Has Implemented Its New DStv/ GOtv Subscription Price by kingsways: 8:53am On Apr 01, 2022
The Senate is stewpid I'm sorry to say

With the value of the Naira crashing, cost of power and fuel going up, you cannot ask a business not to increase prices

It seems to me this Senate has completely lost focus.

They should be focusing their energy on how to ensure lives and properties of Nigerians are secured rather than wasting valuable time on DSTV prices

160 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Multichoice Has Implemented Its New DStv/ GOtv Subscription Price by Immatex(m): 9:02am On Apr 01, 2022
They should keep deceiving and lying to themselves.

Those stupid Senators have increased prices in their filling stations and businesses nationwide but have the effortery to attempt to stop other businesses from doing same.

Next will be telecom service providers. Their rate increase is unavoidable too.

kingsways:
The Senate is stewpid I'm sorry to say

With the value of the Naira crashing, cost of power and fuel going up, you cannot ask a business not increase prices

58 Likes 1 Share

Re: Multichoice Has Implemented Its New DStv/ GOtv Subscription Price by siofra(f): 9:16am On Apr 01, 2022
But I watched NTA the other day and Nigerian senators said they're going to pass a pay per view bill or something like that.

14 Likes

Re: Multichoice Has Implemented Its New DStv/ GOtv Subscription Price by hakeemhakeem(m): 9:22am On Apr 01, 2022
If they want to increase based of cost raise pay as you go should be introduce

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Multichoice Has Implemented Its New DStv/ GOtv Subscription Price by Alexpre11: 9:31am On Apr 01, 2022
Very bad
Re: Multichoice Has Implemented Its New DStv/ GOtv Subscription Price by jowhyte(m): 9:40am On Apr 01, 2022
How is it very bad?

With the present day harsh economic realities and without any plan of the federal govt to formulate policies that will help cushion the effect of inflation and cost of diesels how do you want them to survive?

Alexpre11:
Very bad

10 Likes

Re: Multichoice Has Implemented Its New DStv/ GOtv Subscription Price by dayabiuuku: 10:33am On Apr 01, 2022
Shebi they don't pay for DStv subscription, so they won't know the pains Nigerians are passing through

Welcome to Nigeria
Re: Multichoice Has Implemented Its New DStv/ GOtv Subscription Price by Bobbyjay001(m): 11:28am On Apr 01, 2022
I don't know why our government allow these company do this nonsense and go scot-free.
Would believe what I am presently passing through from MTN lumos?

I got the MTN lumos prime in December 2020 where I was to #7300 for 48 months. When I calculated the #7300 for 4 years plus my initial deposit of #35000, it would be almost #400k for 4 years for a box which can't ev n power my ORL 20' standing fine.

I got the shock of my life early last year when the price was adjusted to #8000 per month.
I didn't bulge and I was paying the #8000 every month till December when I got another "shock absorber" of my life.

Price has been reviewed again from #8000 to #9600.

I jejely abandoned the damned box since December and have not subscribed till present.

I wanted to return it but was told I would forfeit my initial deposit and all money paid for subscription for a year. I would be at the losing side. Had to keep the damned thing and bought a small solar panel bulbs that can charge phone Sha.

Our government is inept and are allowing these foreign companies to rob us of our hard earned money. It's a pity Sha

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Multichoice Has Implemented Its New DStv/ GOtv Subscription Price by Jostoman: 12:05pm On Apr 01, 2022
Na by force to watch DStv and gotv?

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Multichoice Has Implemented Its New DStv/ GOtv Subscription Price by ivandragon: 12:11pm On Apr 01, 2022
Watching DSTV/GOTV is a luxury. Let CPC & other relevant agencies do their job if DSTV/GOTV has contravened any laws...

Government increases taxes, prices are going up, but you don't want private businesses to also adjust...

The NASS should rather focus its attention on more important & national issues such as insecurity & the fuel situation which has lasted over 2 months making this the longest in Nigeria’s history...

19 Likes

Re: Multichoice Has Implemented Its New DStv/ GOtv Subscription Price by Parachoko: 12:14pm On Apr 01, 2022
flokii:
Multichoice fleecing Nigerians all thanks to our corrupt system where people think of bribe and brown envelope before national interest.

If you're paying this huge per month and you hardly have electricity to watch their channels.. isn't that rip off?
Just like prepaid meters, you should be paying for value consumed not paying the same money with those who sit in front of their TVs 24/7 every month. It's like we'll start a protest against Multichoice in Nigeria.
Protesting on this issue won't work

2 Likes

Re: Multichoice Has Implemented Its New DStv/ GOtv Subscription Price by CharleyBright(m): 12:53pm On Apr 01, 2022
Nigerians should boycott DSTV and GOTV subscription for 2months.
I don't blame Multichoice for always exploiting Nigerians.
- I blame Nigerians for not standing in one voice to fight back in protest.
- I blame the FG for not providing a viable alternative to DStv. The useless FreeTV they promoted and spent billions to hype lacks content and it is total local rubbish.
- I blame the National Assembly for lacking the will power to enact laws that will compel multichoice to abide by fairplay.
- I blame the regulatory bodies for not trying to protect Nigerians. Force DStv to do pay as u go or they move out. Am sure they won't want to lose a Nigerian market that provides more than 40% of their revenue.

Multichoice knows that even if they hike tarrif to 30k monthly and they go settle Legislators behind,nothing will happen and Nigerians will grudgingly pay and show goes on.
Nigeria is the only country where bullshit happens in broad daylight.

Nairalanders should help TSTV get the needed adverts and publicity. When everyone turn to TSTV and they get the needed patronage, they will give DStv the run for their money.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Multichoice Has Implemented Its New DStv/ GOtv Subscription Price by christejames(m): 12:59pm On Apr 01, 2022
TStv to the rescue kiss

1 Like

Re: Multichoice Has Implemented Its New DStv/ GOtv Subscription Price by Tonymegabush1(m): 1:02pm On Apr 01, 2022
For those that intend to sub their machine. Mine has been parked up undecided

2 Likes

Re: Multichoice Has Implemented Its New DStv/ GOtv Subscription Price by jmoore(m): 2:11pm On Apr 01, 2022
Government has increased the price of petrol, electricity. gas. You did nothing.

But once a South African company increases price, they will gather.

How many of you run a business that depends on diesel, petrol etc?

Are your destinies tied to multichoice? There are several alternatives.

23 Likes

Re: Multichoice Has Implemented Its New DStv/ GOtv Subscription Price by drmuchin: 2:58pm On Apr 01, 2022
2 VIABLE OPTIONS
TSTV
IPTV

9 Likes

Re: Multichoice Has Implemented Its New DStv/ GOtv Subscription Price by BSdetective: 4:16pm On Apr 01, 2022
Can't remember the last time I watched TV..
If you can't afford it, then don't pay for it, YouTube has 100x more value than the south african garbage called DStv....with YouTube I can pick my content from millions of content and it's absolutely free except for the data I spend monthly.

9 Likes

Re: Multichoice Has Implemented Its New DStv/ GOtv Subscription Price by PROPEACE: 4:21pm On Apr 01, 2022
Multichoice please increase the price very well. You are doing business in a country where the citizens don't know the meaning of the word 'boycott' and where the leaders don't give a fúck!
I remember when multichoice started the price increase madness some years ago and some of us complained, many youths, even here on Nairaland said those complaining are broke and should patronise startimes if the are too poor to afford DStv. Where are they now? I see some here even calling for protest grin. I thought you guys always enjoy defending exploitative foreign businesses. Just go and be paying, stop talking like you're broke. DStv don see una finish, nothing wey una fit do to change that!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Multichoice Has Implemented Its New DStv/ GOtv Subscription Price by NotBeenPaid: 4:23pm On Apr 01, 2022

My friend pay it! I say pay it my friend. The senate brouhaha has been implemented on paper.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Multichoice Has Implemented Its New DStv/ GOtv Subscription Price by phemmyfour: 4:23pm On Apr 01, 2022
Way to go...time to separate the wheat from the chaff
Re: Multichoice Has Implemented Its New DStv/ GOtv Subscription Price by organicfoods(m): 4:23pm On Apr 01, 2022
Monopoly will make company create their own pricing structure...I remember the days of HiTv when Premier league were taken away from Multichoice. They responded by launching GoTv

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Multichoice Has Implemented Its New DStv/ GOtv Subscription Price by Okortor: 4:23pm On Apr 01, 2022
This can only happen under a weak n lifeless govt.

It's only in buhari's regime that small countries like Ghana n d likes de rubbish Nigerians , now Multi choice forming hard inside our own country..

Spits! Indeed Buhari is incompetent, am not gonna doubt that again.
Re: Multichoice Has Implemented Its New DStv/ GOtv Subscription Price by Abumd: 4:23pm On Apr 01, 2022
Na how many time we go hear this one
Re: Multichoice Has Implemented Its New DStv/ GOtv Subscription Price by MathewOG(m): 4:23pm On Apr 01, 2022
ok

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Multichoice Has Implemented Its New DStv/ GOtv Subscription Price by Ademola47(m): 4:23pm On Apr 01, 2022
The Senate is not being serious with the query given.

Las las, brown envelope will change hands.
Re: Multichoice Has Implemented Its New DStv/ GOtv Subscription Price by FalseProphet1(m): 4:24pm On Apr 01, 2022
I use my TV and the guy that installed it for me hacked it so I'm getting all the channels free of charge. The only problem is that you can't watch any life football on it.

Just church stations, where you have over 100 different churches in Nigeria and Africa which you can follow live. Popular ones include RCCG, MFM, Dominion, Dunamis... etc. Nollywood movies, foreign movies, news...etc. but I'm enjoying it like that at least I have peace of mind.

I see another on air TV overshadowing DStv in the coming months.

This I have seen

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Multichoice Has Implemented Its New DStv/ GOtv Subscription Price by tunjijones(m): 4:24pm On Apr 01, 2022
These senators no get sense. So it's a business man that should suffer for your incompetence?

The cost of everything has gone up. Dollar is 587 naira as at today. The cost of diesel is 700 naira per liter. How then do you expect these businesses to survive without increasing their rate...

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

BBNaija: Toyin Lawani Takes Laycon's Name To Iya Osun For Prayers (Video) / BBTitans: I Made So Much Money Using Kayanmata To Attract Senators - Nana / Kemen’s Family Reacts To His Disqualification From Bbnaija Due To Tboss’ Assault

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.