Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,480 members, 7,830,420 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:51 PM

How Do You Start A Broiler Farm? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do You Start A Broiler Farm? (625 Views)

Phase When You Start Hating Your Family’s Financial Situation / Why Do People Have A Problem With You Once You Start Living Good? / Has Your Mum Priced Something In Your Presence & You Start To Pity The Seller? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Start A Broiler Farm? by Fly2London3Baba: 10:11am On Apr 01, 2022
The question this article seeks to answer is “how do you start a broiler farm?”

What are broilers?

Broilers are fowl breeds that produce meat. They are similar to other common poultry birds in that they have been genetically modified to produce more meat in less time.

Broilers are domesticated gallinaceous chicken bred and reared primarily for meat production. They are a cross between the egg-laying chicken and the red jungle fowl, both of which are subspecies of the red jungle fowl. Broilers are distinguished by their white feathers and yellowish skin.

It is critical to give birds comfortable and growth-specific housing or shed spaces. The choice of a location is an important issue to consider. A broiler farm should have enough land, good water, and electricity, as well as market access for purchasing farm inputs and selling farm products. Housing should be well ventilated and have good air flow.

How to Choose a Good Broiler Breed

Choose day-old chicks of good quality. Place chick guard around them for the first week when they are brooding. Most essential, set the hovers temperature to 95 degrees Fahrenheit for the first week, then gradually lower it to 70 degrees Fahrenheit each week.

Ensure that your birds are well fed.

Feeds are an important part of poultry farming and are the most expensive part of the process, affecting the birds’ output. Improper feeding leads to a variety of deficiency disorders, which wreak havoc on output.

Also, ensure that the feed contains all of the necessary elements (carbohydrates, lipids, protein, minerals, and vitamins) in the proper proportions for optimal bird growth. In addition to the standard nutrients, various additives are needed to aid digestion and growth, and they are frequently included in commercial feeds.

Broilers are best sold over the holiday season. They can also be sold to eateries and fast food joints. Another good way to sell broilers is to sell them to frozen food sellers.

In conclusion, one can make good profits from the raising of broilers. You now know how to start a broiler farm. Now is the right time for you to start. Start and make profits.
https://thenewkokoro.com/how-do-you-start-a-broiler-farm/
Re: How Do You Start A Broiler Farm? by Covid19is4real: 7:06am On Apr 02, 2022
Morning sir, i sell day old chicks of all hatcheries & also breeds. I'm based in ibadan, wouldn't mind knowing you well sir, there is a lot to learn from & also hope we could do business together. Would be glad to hear from you sir. Thanks in advance.
Re: How Do You Start A Broiler Farm? by Fly2London3Baba: 6:52am On Apr 03, 2022
Sure. How do you sell?

Covid19is4real:
Morning sir, i sell day old chicks of all hatcheries & also breeds. I'm based in ibadan, wouldn't mind knowing you well sir, there is a lot to learn from & also hope we could do business together. Would be glad to hear from you sir. Thanks in advance.
Re: How Do You Start A Broiler Farm? by Covid19is4real: 10:22am On Apr 03, 2022
Fly2London3Baba:
Sure. How do you sell?

Morning sir, thanks for the response. You can call me on 09160202407 for faster comnunication. Thanks once again.
Re: How Do You Start A Broiler Farm? by Fly2London3Baba: 9:42pm On Apr 03, 2022
How many day old can you supply to me in ilorin or to various parts of Nigeria from Ibadan? Can you accept payment on delivery?
Re: How Do You Start A Broiler Farm? by Covid19is4real: 9:52pm On Apr 03, 2022
Fly2London3Baba:
How many day old can you supply to me in ilorin or to various parts of Nigeria from Ibadan? Can you accept payment on delivery?
I can supply as many day old as you want to Ilorin & any other part of the country. As regards the payment, please call me sir, let's talk or drop your num. Thanks sir
Re: How Do You Start A Broiler Farm? by Fly2London3Baba: 10:23pm On Apr 03, 2022
How much do you sell the day old broilers?
Do you sell day old layers?
Re: How Do You Start A Broiler Farm? by Covid19is4real: 10:26pm On Apr 03, 2022
Fly2London3Baba:
How much do you sell the day old broilers?
Do you sell day old layers?
Prices of Day old broiler varies because of different hatcheries. & yes we sell day old pullets too. Your number or call me please
Re: How Do You Start A Broiler Farm? by frozen70(f): 7:05am On Apr 05, 2022
Fly2London3Baba:
The question this article seeks to answer is “how do you start a broiler farm?”

What are broilers?

Broilers are fowl breeds that produce meat. They are similar to other common poultry birds in that they have been genetically modified to produce more meat in less time.

Broilers are domesticated gallinaceous chicken bred and reared primarily for meat production. They are a cross between the egg-laying chicken and the red jungle fowl, both of which are subspecies of the red jungle fowl. Broilers are distinguished by their white feathers and yellowish skin.

It is critical to give birds comfortable and growth-specific housing or shed spaces. The choice of a location is an important issue to consider. A broiler farm should have enough land, good water, and electricity, as well as market access for purchasing farm inputs and selling farm products. Housing should be well ventilated and have good air flow.

How to Choose a Good Broiler Breed

Choose day-old chicks of good quality. Place chick guard around them for the first week when they are brooding. Most essential, set the hovers temperature to 95 degrees Fahrenheit for the first week, then gradually lower it to 70 degrees Fahrenheit each week.

Ensure that your birds are well fed.

Feeds are an important part of poultry farming and are the most expensive part of the process, affecting the birds’ output. Improper feeding leads to a variety of deficiency disorders, which wreak havoc on output.

Also, ensure that the feed contains all of the necessary elements (carbohydrates, lipids, protein, minerals, and vitamins) in the proper proportions for optimal bird growth. In addition to the standard nutrients, various additives are needed to aid digestion and growth, and they are frequently included in commercial feeds.

Broilers are best sold over the holiday season. They can also be sold to eateries and fast food joints. Another good way to sell broilers is to sell them to frozen food sellers.

In conclusion, one can make good profits from the raising of broilers. You now know how to start a broiler farm. Now is the right time for you to start. Start and make profits.
https://thenewkokoro.com/how-do-you-start-a-broiler-farm/

This is a good topic

Pls can you give us about Noilers, how to are for them and at what age can it be consumed

Can Noilers hatch their own eggs if yes how do one make the hen to hatch her egg
Re: How Do You Start A Broiler Farm? by Fly2London3Baba: 7:00am On Apr 09, 2022
I will work on this immediately. Thanks.

frozen70:

This is a good topic

Pls can you give us about Noilers, how to are for them and at what age can it be consumed

Can Noilers hatch their own eggs if yes how do one make the hen to hatch her egg
Re: How Do You Start A Broiler Farm? by Fly2London3Baba: 7:01am On Apr 09, 2022
0803six9ten988

Covid19is4real:

Prices of Day old broiler varies because of different hatcheries. & yes we sell day old pullets too. Your number or call me please
Re: How Do You Start A Broiler Farm? by Covid19is4real: 10:51pm On Aug 17, 2023
Fly2London3Baba:
Sure. How do you sell?

Evening sir. When it comes to day old chicks the price is not stable. We also have different breeds ( broilers, cockerels, noilers, local & imported turkeys) so you have to be specific sir. I could be reached on 09160202407 thanks sir. Name is Abbey

(1) (Reply)

Very Funny! How A Nigerian Man Failed A Driving Job Abroad / Ugandan Farmer With 102 Children And 568 Grandchildren Considers Family Planning / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.