Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,901 members, 7,817,670 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:52 PM

How Do I Prove To My Employer That I Am A Graduate? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Do I Prove To My Employer That I Am A Graduate? (25413 Views)

How Do I Report My Employer For Breach of agreement / My Employer Short Paid Me, Please How Can I Recover: Help / I Need Your Help: My Employer Is Owing Me And He Doesn't Want To Pay Me. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Prove To My Employer That I Am A Graduate? by ken045501: 10:15pm On Apr 02, 2022
Hahaha . Be like say you chop money way he give you .. graduate no Dey ask this question
Re: How Do I Prove To My Employer That I Am A Graduate? by SmartyPants(m): 10:15pm On Apr 02, 2022
KlausMichaelson:
Good evening,

Straight to the point. I graduated last year and I am yet to get my statement of result from my school till this day(the fault is from my school). I recently got a job which I am to resume this new month. So I perused through the letter and found out that I am to show a proof of my degree. Already, my Employer knows that I am a recent graduate but I didn't explain the part of Statement of result.

Please how do I go about this?

Your school should be able to give you an attestation pending your statement of result
Re: How Do I Prove To My Employer That I Am A Graduate? by Gideojim(m): 10:16pm On Apr 02, 2022
KlausMichaelson:
Good evening,

Straight to the point. I graduated last year and I am yet to get my statement of result from my school till this day(the fault is from my school). I recently got a job which I am to resume this new month. So I perused through the letter and found out that I am to show a proof of my degree. Already, my Employer knows that I am a recent graduate but I didn't explain the part of Statement of result.

#just ask your school for "To Whom"
That prove you are a graduate from that school that gives it to you.
Go to your registrar office and ask for it.
Re: How Do I Prove To My Employer That I Am A Graduate? by Mooh247: 10:16pm On Apr 02, 2022
Do you have any transcript
Re: How Do I Prove To My Employer That I Am A Graduate? by LZAA: 10:16pm On Apr 02, 2022
What i read so
You no get student id ni?
Re: How Do I Prove To My Employer That I Am A Graduate? by egbedox: 10:16pm On Apr 02, 2022
KlausMichaelson:
Good evening,

Much advice has been given. Be truthful to your employer and if possible, try to obtain a written letter from your department or the Senate if you could to back up your claims.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Prove To My Employer That I Am A Graduate? by Nipplegodfather: 10:17pm On Apr 02, 2022
slawormiir Damnnn niggar
You ain't got nothing to proove son

Bro is this truly u,or ur act is been hacked?
Re: How Do I Prove To My Employer That I Am A Graduate? by NaijaCoverBlog(m): 10:22pm On Apr 02, 2022
How much is the job
Re: How Do I Prove To My Employer That I Am A Graduate? by Testimony1988(m): 10:23pm On Apr 02, 2022
embarassedYour statement of result should have been given to you within few days after your studies, to cover up in place of certificate.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Prove To My Employer That I Am A Graduate? by Marketgists(f): 10:24pm On Apr 02, 2022
F
Re: How Do I Prove To My Employer That I Am A Graduate? by hohafrank(m): 10:26pm On Apr 02, 2022
What about your NYSC discharged certificate?
Re: How Do I Prove To My Employer That I Am A Graduate? by Okerenla: 10:27pm On Apr 02, 2022
Approach your department office for a To Whom It May Concern letter confirming your status as a graduate of the department.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Prove To My Employer That I Am A Graduate? by cardoctor(m): 10:29pm On Apr 02, 2022
You are not ever going to be a graduate without the required certification. Simple as that.
Re: How Do I Prove To My Employer That I Am A Graduate? by rickyboss333: 10:37pm On Apr 02, 2022
Pls go to your school, your department and request for a letter of confirmation. The letter would include your name, registration number and your cgpa as well as your graduating grade. The department already has this but your school registry may not have it yet and may delay you from getting the letter.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Prove To My Employer That I Am A Graduate? by sonofthunder: 10:47pm On Apr 02, 2022
KlausMichaelson:
Good evening,

What exactly is the fault you are attributing bto your school?
Re: How Do I Prove To My Employer That I Am A Graduate? by TheDemola: 10:51pm On Apr 02, 2022
KlausMichaelson:
Good evening,

Get your school to issue you "to whom"
Re: How Do I Prove To My Employer That I Am A Graduate? by iHart(m): 10:53pm On Apr 02, 2022
KlausMichaelson:
Good evening,

Get a recommendation letter from your HOD, or even your Project supervisor.
Re: How Do I Prove To My Employer That I Am A Graduate? by Daytonbale: 10:54pm On Apr 02, 2022
R
Re: How Do I Prove To My Employer That I Am A Graduate? by Eminado1: 11:00pm On Apr 02, 2022
Truvelisback:
Give them ur School Mgt Phone numbers for them to call and confirm.

Except it is a private school, I doubt the staff will be willing to confirm anybody within 2 phone calls.

A proactive solution will be to get a letter headed and stamped letter from HOD, Dean, an important office in your school with the authority to speak to your current academic standing.
Re: How Do I Prove To My Employer That I Am A Graduate? by elasticlala: 11:02pm On Apr 02, 2022
Wait. Didn’t u submit your CV with all necessary credentials when you applied for the job? Or how could you have been given an offer without even a notification of result? Just wondering the kind of job that you are referring to. Anyway, employers would usually request that you at least, present a notification of result as a fresh graduate before you could be given an offer… they also need it for documentation purpose, especially during audit exercise.
Re: How Do I Prove To My Employer That I Am A Graduate? by DrBlack(m): 11:03pm On Apr 02, 2022
You are only a graduate when the Senate of the school have approved your results, after that exams and record can give you a to whom it may concern, but would usually try to avoid it in case you have any issue with t he school that needs to be cleared before you get your a notification of result. If otherwise you are not a graduate.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Prove To My Employer That I Am A Graduate? by hybridblood07(m): 11:12pm On Apr 02, 2022
No employer has time for such bro.
Truvelisback:
Give them ur School Mgt Phone numbers for them to call and confirm.
Re: How Do I Prove To My Employer That I Am A Graduate? by ejire042(m): 11:17pm On Apr 02, 2022
Skyfornia:
The last time I applied for a job and they requested for my results/certificates was 20 years ago...most employers will request for your CV or cover letter only. Unless they suspect you or you look incompetent, that's when they might request to see your certificates.

Very true.
Who cares about all those certificates?
All they want is competence
Re: How Do I Prove To My Employer That I Am A Graduate? by niel63(m): 11:18pm On Apr 02, 2022
Life! As much as some of us really wish to be graduates. Life really didn't accord us that opportunity. I wish I finished my studies.

I've worked in companies where my certification was never... I mean never asked for.
Dem no dey ask me for certificate after they hear me talk. I just wish I have it sha, I'd have gone farther.

Nobody actually believes I don't have a certificate!

This life sef. Well, I never die. I must collect my pali eventually.
Re: How Do I Prove To My Employer That I Am A Graduate? by niel63(m): 11:23pm On Apr 02, 2022
Skyfornia:
The last time I applied for a job and they requested for my results/certificates was 20 years ago...most employers will request for your CV or cover letter only. Unless they suspect you or you look incompetent, that's when they might request to see your certificates.
Story of my life. grin
But not 20yrs ago.
Re: How Do I Prove To My Employer That I Am A Graduate? by OvaSabi1(f): 11:30pm On Apr 02, 2022
Print out your results from the portal, get your HOD to sign and stamp it. Get his number and email address too.
Re: How Do I Prove To My Employer That I Am A Graduate? by JoshTim: 11:33pm On Apr 02, 2022
Get a "To whom it may concern" letter from your department.
Re: How Do I Prove To My Employer That I Am A Graduate? by SONofADAM(m): 11:43pm On Apr 02, 2022
Since your oga get ishh just order Uber carry him along to your school.... People get wahala
Re: How Do I Prove To My Employer That I Am A Graduate? by nedekid: 11:51pm On Apr 02, 2022
KlausMichaelson:
Good evening,

If you have done nysc, that should be enough proof.
Re: How Do I Prove To My Employer That I Am A Graduate? by Asour: 12:06am On Apr 03, 2022
KlausMichaelson:
Good evening,

Have your HOD write your employer.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Prove To My Employer That I Am A Graduate? by Thebig4: 12:06am On Apr 03, 2022
Submit the photocopies of your school documents
Re: How Do I Prove To My Employer That I Am A Graduate? by Tryon4(m): 1:05am On Apr 03, 2022
KlausMichaelson:
Good evening,

Go to your school, request for a letter from them and present that to the employer. I once did it and it worked.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Federal University, Otuoke Recruitment - Academic Staff (28 Positions) / 18 Common Interview Questions, Tips And Answers / Best CV Format

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.