Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,803 members, 7,824,339 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 08:34 AM

Adeboye: How A Text Message Ended My Sorrow Over Lost Son - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Adeboye: How A Text Message Ended My Sorrow Over Lost Son (42891 Views)

Pastor Adeboye: How I Wooed My Wife To Marry Me Over 50 Years Ago (Video) / Late Dare Adeboye: How Redeemed Church Pastors Prayed For Hours To Revive Him / Pastor Adeboye: How My Poor Uncle & I Fed In 1956 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adeboye: How A Text Message Ended My Sorrow Over Lost Son by ifko: 12:26pm On Apr 03, 2022
kingyakos:
Religion are people who are afraid of going to hell, spirituality are people who are already there...

I thought the text message was from heaven as usual. Blind leading the blind to the pit of hell
Says by who?
Pained atheist, not known and frustrated.
Pele, stop crying and embrace Jesus. He's d only one that can solve your problems not tantrum throwing against religious people.
Re: Adeboye: How A Text Message Ended My Sorrow Over Lost Son by Btruth: 12:32pm On Apr 03, 2022
Lord Jesus, carry me too ooo in all my ways.

smiley
Re: Adeboye: How A Text Message Ended My Sorrow Over Lost Son by Kamalex2: 12:33pm On Apr 03, 2022
Dj-YK

Muule

1 Like

Re: Adeboye: How A Text Message Ended My Sorrow Over Lost Son by Ateke: 12:41pm On Apr 03, 2022
Nackzy:
Oga death is part of God's plan
Hmmmm
Re: Adeboye: How A Text Message Ended My Sorrow Over Lost Son by Dorlarphor10: 12:43pm On Apr 03, 2022
jhydebaba:
May the Almighty console you sir.

Ina omo oni jo wa loruko Jesu.

Don't pray this kind prayer again. Those that have lost their child, what should they now do? They should be feeling less abi. God will be always good, na we no know his ways finish
Re: Adeboye: How A Text Message Ended My Sorrow Over Lost Son by Dorlarphor10: 12:46pm On Apr 03, 2022
abobote:
Losing one's child is one of the most painful death.
Lost my first son, in 2016 and the feeling is still on.
More painful coz, he was 10months, when I left Nigeria as things was very hard then.
I felt, I left the country when he needed me most

I am sorry for the loss, but one thing I am certain is that God loves you

1 Like

Re: Adeboye: How A Text Message Ended My Sorrow Over Lost Son by fantastic1: 12:50pm On Apr 03, 2022
Nackzy:
So we don’t have right to mourn our dead again?
Re: Adeboye: How A Text Message Ended My Sorrow Over Lost Son by Deltatoto: 12:53pm On Apr 03, 2022
vinceyinnovation:

Says somebody who has NEVER added any good to humanity
why u no fukk Buhari first?
Re: Adeboye: How A Text Message Ended My Sorrow Over Lost Son by Nobody: 12:56pm On Apr 03, 2022
God is our burden bearer
Re: Adeboye: How A Text Message Ended My Sorrow Over Lost Son by kingyakos: 1:06pm On Apr 03, 2022
IbileIfe:

Intellectual ignorance is actually worse than illiteracy.

Don't make idiotic statements out of ignorance.
Both Pastors Enoch Adejare Adeboye and William Folorunsho Kumuyi abandoned comfortable academic jobs to become pastors when Pentecostal churches were poverty stricken congregants.
We were patching our trousers and begging for survival in the 1970s and 80s. Sometimes I was having only "Kulikuli" and smoking garri to survive as an evangelist in 1988.
I spent my long holidays in 1978 as a secondary school pupil with Pastor Kumuyi's free tutorial classes in Lagos when he was still a lecturer at the University of Lagos and later I worked in the office of Pastor Adeboye who was already a professor in Mathematics at 39.
Pastor Daniel Kolawole Olukoya of MFM holds a first class Honours degree in Microbiology from the University of Lagos, Nigeria and a Ph.D in Molecular Genetics from the University of Reading, United Kingdom. As a researcher, he has over seventy scientific publications to his credit.
Divine interventions of Almighty God transformed our lives.

The young Turks and Unicorns of the biggest startups in fintech, infotech and animation in Nigeria are sons of Pentecostal pastors, including Iyinoluwa Aboyeji and Tolu Olowofoyeku.
My own high tech startup, iPost mobile video app was one of the 10 finalists of the annual Fund for Internet Research and Development – FIRE Africa Awards in 2014 for outstanding tech innovation.
https://www.fireafrica.org/2014-fire-awards

I was satisfied with the app, but I wanted it to offer more than news and entertainment to include eCommerce and then have a plug-in for the blockchain, so I returned it to the incubator.
My partners are now in San Francisco where Iyinoluwa and founders of Flutterwave also have offices.
Everything we are doing now were seen during a night vigil in 1997 in the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG), Trinity Tabernacle Parish in Ikeja GRA, Lagos.
Then Yahoo was launched in 1997, Google was launched in 1998 and several other tech innovations on the internet were launched afterwards.

Those in NIgeria are from the Pentecostal churches.
Do you know how much we are worth?
Do you know what is a unicorn in startups?
This is harvest time for us.

Mark Zuckerberg, Cofounder and CEO of Facebook (Meta) even met me before meeting with President Muhammadu Buhari in 2016.
(See the attached photos).

God is real.

Bro. hard work pays just as it has pay you and those top pastors you mention.
God office is the highest office beneath, within and above, there is money in it and our pastors are supposed to be careful when the money start coming. The scripture has put it clear that the love of money is the root of all evil and I'm not saying that pastors shouldn't enjoy what they've laboured for, pastors need to be very careful because as a pastor all the tools of the devil is channel towards you as a vessel carrying the word that Satan hates.
Money and women are the most powerful tools of the devil and now look at the church today what women has turn it into because their pastors let it in, look at the Jezebel spirit coming back into the church because pastors let it in for the sake of money and large congregation, look how the church is been blind again like it was in the days of Christ ( why are all this Pharisees so blind said Christ, their Church doctrines blind them from salvation).
If you carefully read the scripture you will never find a place were anyone was ever baptized in the name of the father son and Holy Spirit, everyone in the Bible baptized in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. Father,son, Holy Spirit is not a name but titles, you have a son and that makes you a father and father is not your name and your son also has a name you gave him and baptism is by immersing not by sprinkling. Churches has gone contrary to the original baptism that brings into us the gift of the Holy Spirit, I used to be a member of Catholic but I left because of their way of baptism, then went to redeem also I left for that same reason. Why is the church putting Christ outside and accepting something contrary, why accepting female preachers when the scripture condemn it, most of us are in the Church triumphant forgetting that we supposed to be the saviours bride.
It doesn't matter how long we've been in the church or how committed we are, if we misplaced one word of the scripture we've missed everything and we're lost and that's the problem with Christians today, they wait till it get dark before they understand that they've been left without a guide.
The Holy Spirit is the guide.

1 Like

Re: Adeboye: How A Text Message Ended My Sorrow Over Lost Son by kingyakos: 1:12pm On Apr 03, 2022
ifko:

Says by who?
Pained atheist, not known and frustrated.
Pele, stop crying and embrace Jesus. He's d only one that can solve your problems not tantrum throwing against religious people.

I'm sorry for ur blindness
Re: Adeboye: How A Text Message Ended My Sorrow Over Lost Son by wiseoneking: 1:17pm On Apr 03, 2022
Nackzy:
He didn't say it wasn't, we are human and still get emotional in things as such. Hold your peace.
Re: Adeboye: How A Text Message Ended My Sorrow Over Lost Son by judedwriter(m): 1:20pm On Apr 03, 2022
We all go through different trials in life.... But God is all wise and knows best.

Daddy GO is no exemption.

I have been though a lot of storms but God is too faithful to totally dissapoint or fail.
Re: Adeboye: How A Text Message Ended My Sorrow Over Lost Son by Agugbadin: 1:27pm On Apr 03, 2022
Awesome and deep. God is a burden bearer indeed.
Re: Adeboye: How A Text Message Ended My Sorrow Over Lost Son by Enemyofpeace: 1:33pm On Apr 03, 2022
I smelled lies
Re: Adeboye: How A Text Message Ended My Sorrow Over Lost Son by Rere1990: 1:34pm On Apr 03, 2022
Hehwh

Re: Adeboye: How A Text Message Ended My Sorrow Over Lost Son by Yomit71(m): 1:46pm On Apr 03, 2022
See as son resemble Papa, not all these bastards many wives are giving to their husbands.

1 Like

Re: Adeboye: How A Text Message Ended My Sorrow Over Lost Son by lexy2014: 1:59pm On Apr 03, 2022
OLAADEGBU:

Source

No parent should bury his or her child. This is an experience that no one should go thru. That being said, adeboye and a lot of religious leaders carry a lot of responsibility, responsibility for their followers. Apart from holding programmes to attend, they should be concerned about how their followers are faring and how governance is affecting people's lives. I think it is criminal for adeboye& other religious to just keep quiet at this critical time in our nations history & behave as if the bad governance doesn't concern them. There's evil in the land and it is disappointing that these men choose not to speak against this evil

1 Like

Re: Adeboye: How A Text Message Ended My Sorrow Over Lost Son by 1Sharon(f): 2:04pm On Apr 03, 2022
He's in heaven now, drinking tea with God.

1 Like

Re: Adeboye: How A Text Message Ended My Sorrow Over Lost Son by Nobody: 2:12pm On Apr 03, 2022
What if I tell you say Adebole use him picking for ritual? You go doubt am?

APC apologist werey shocked sad grin
Re: Adeboye: How A Text Message Ended My Sorrow Over Lost Son by Eaglesence: 2:19pm On Apr 03, 2022
vinceyinnovation:

Says somebody who has NEVER added any good to humanity

And yet 35 people liked your foolishness?
Re: Adeboye: How A Text Message Ended My Sorrow Over Lost Son by lagonovo: 2:32pm On Apr 03, 2022
ademidedavid:

F uck you and your generations

Your monicker talks more about you

F uck you in hell
Matthew 5:43-48
Re: Adeboye: How A Text Message Ended My Sorrow Over Lost Son by georgeakins: 3:31pm On Apr 03, 2022
IbileIfe:

Both Pastors Enoch Adejare Adeboye and William Folorunsho Kumuyi abandoned comfortable academic jobs to become pastors when Pentecostal churches were poverty stricken congregants.
We were patching our trousers and begging for survival in the 1970s and 80s. Sometimes I was having only "Kulikuli" and smoking garri to survive as an evangelist in 1988.
I spent my long holidays in 1978 as a secondary school pupil with Pastor Kumuyi's free tutorial classes in Lagos when he was still a lecturer at the University of Lagos and later I worked in the office of Pastor Adeboye who was already a professor in Mathematics at 39.
Pastor Daniel Kolawole Olukoya of MFM holds a first class Honours degree in Microbiology from the University of Lagos, Nigeria and a Ph.D in Molecular Genetics from the University of Reading, United Kingdom. As a researcher, he has over seventy scientific publications to his credit.

The young Turks and Unicorns of the biggest startups in fintech, infotech and animation in Nigeria are sons of Pentecostal pastors, including Iyinoluwa Aboyeji and Tolu Olowofoyeku.
My own high tech startup, iPost mobile video app was one of the 10 finalists of the annual Fund for Internet Research and Development – FIRE Africa Awards in 2014 for outstanding tech innovation.

I was satisfied with the app, but I wanted it to offer more than news and entertainment to include eCommerce and then have a plug-in for the blockchain, so I returned it to the incubator.
My partners are now in San Francisco where Iyinoluwa and founders of Flutterwave also have offices.
Everything we are doing now were seen during a night vigil in 1997 in the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG), Trinity Tabernacle Parish in Ikeja GRA, Lagos.
Then Yahoo was launched in 1997, Google was launched in 1998 and several other tech innovations on the internet were launched afterwards.

Mark Zuckerberg, Cofounder and CEO of Facebook (Meta) even met me before meeting with President Muhammadu Buhari in 2016.

God is real.

You are a liar!

Those pastors you mentioned above were all paupers before they started their church business.

1 Like

Re: Adeboye: How A Text Message Ended My Sorrow Over Lost Son by Ekende(m): 3:37pm On Apr 03, 2022
philkoms:
Simple words but loaded with meanings.God does His things in a mysterious way.His ways are not out ways.To Him alone be all the glory.

How is such simple words loaded? Can you explain
?
Re: Adeboye: How A Text Message Ended My Sorrow Over Lost Son by Femi8586(m): 4:17pm On Apr 03, 2022
Likeandshare:
Like if you believe death is part of God's plan,share if you think it is not.

Initially, death was not part of God's plan. God didn't create man to live and die later but to live for eternity. Adam and Eve as a case study.

Man brought death upon himself through the act of disobedience. God did not caused death, man caused it.

God's plan B to save man from eternal death was why he sent Jesus that those who accept Him shall live again even if they die.

Death was not part of God's plan. Death was the Satan's plan for Mankind.
Re: Adeboye: How A Text Message Ended My Sorrow Over Lost Son by Nobody: 4:20pm On Apr 03, 2022
kingyakos:

Bro. hard work pays just as it has pay you and those top pastors you mention.
God office is the highest office beneath, within and above, there is money in it and our pastors are supposed to be careful when the money start coming. The scripture has put it clear that the love of money is the root of all evil and I'm not saying that pastors shouldn't enjoy what they've laboured for, pastors need to be very careful because as a pastor all the tools of the devil is channel towards you as a vessel carrying the word that Satan hates.
Money and women are the most powerful tools of the devil and now look at the church today what women has turn it into because their pastors let it in, look at the Jezebel spirit coming back into the church because pastors let it in for the sake of money and large congregation, look how the church is been blind again like it was in the days of Christ ( why are all this Pharisees so blind said Christ, their Church doctrines blind them from salvation).
If you carefully read the scripture you will never find a place were anyone was ever baptized in the name of the father son and Holy Spirit, everyone in the Bible baptized in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. Father,son, Holy Spirit is not a name but titles, you have a son and that makes you a father and father is not your name and your son also has a name you gave him and baptism is by immersing not by sprinkling. Churches has gone contrary to the original baptism that brings into us the gift of the Holy Spirit, I used to be a member of Catholic but I left because of their way of baptism, then went to redeem also I left for that same reason. Why is the church putting Christ outside and accepting something contrary, why accepting female preachers when the scripture condemn it, most of us are in the Church triumphant forgetting that we supposed to be the saviours bride.
It doesn't matter how long we've been in the church or how committed we are, if we misplaced one word of the scripture we've missed everything and we're lost and that's the problem with Christians today, they wait till it get dark before they understand that they've been left without a guide.
The Holy Spirit is the guide.

Gullible grin angry
Re: Adeboye: How A Text Message Ended My Sorrow Over Lost Son by Nobody: 4:22pm On Apr 03, 2022
1Sharon:
He's in heaven now, drinking tea with God.

Lol grin cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Adeboye: How A Text Message Ended My Sorrow Over Lost Son by Nobody: 4:23pm On Apr 03, 2022
Lol
Re: Adeboye: How A Text Message Ended My Sorrow Over Lost Son by MrNipplesLover(m): 4:46pm On Apr 03, 2022
Thank you, father.

❤❤❤❤
Re: Adeboye: How A Text Message Ended My Sorrow Over Lost Son by BennyDGreat: 5:30pm On Apr 03, 2022
IbileIfe:

God is real.

God bless u for this sound response.
Re: Adeboye: How A Text Message Ended My Sorrow Over Lost Son by BennyDGreat: 5:33pm On Apr 03, 2022
georgeakins:

You are a liar!

Those pastors you mentioned above were all paupers before they started their church business.

Adeboye was a senior lecturer and not a pauper before he resigned.
Kumuyi was also a lecturer in the department Adeboye was at UNILAG.
Olukoya was working with a Federal Government medical research centre before he equally resigned.

And they started ministry from scratch and the only advantage was THE HOLYSPIRIT
Re: Adeboye: How A Text Message Ended My Sorrow Over Lost Son by Bbbw: 5:42pm On Apr 03, 2022
Really

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Top Countries Sending And Receiving Christian Missionaries / If You Grew Up In A Christian Home And Never Had This Book... We No Be Mate! / Ayomide, Orange Seller Performs At "Celebrate The Comforter 2019"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.