Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,901 members, 7,817,670 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:52 PM

Fear Of Divorce: This Might Be The Solution - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Fear Of Divorce: This Might Be The Solution (351 Views)

Seven Major Causes Of Divorce In Nigeria / The Plight Of Kids In The Midst Of Divorce And Separation / Kayan Mata, Cause Of Alarming Rate Of Divorce In Abuja, Other States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fear Of Divorce: This Might Be The Solution by mrbenjame: 7:04am On Apr 02, 2022
Adults of the 21st century encounter lots of challenges in marriage. Sometimes especially the male folks usually feel they’d loose almost everything after divorce. But there’s a remedy to this fears and that brings me to the topic of this discussion.

Have you heard about “prenuptial agreement “?

If you may ask....

What’s a prenuptial agreement?

A prenuptial agreement is an agreement made by a couple before they marry concerning the ownership of their respective assets should the marriage fail. In this way intended couple would categorically spell out how their assets and funds would be shared after divorce.

In some cases they can say for instance that “whatever you have acquired solely belongs to you after divorce” and so on and so forth.

There are lots of options and clause that are much favorable to the both parties and I think with this, one party would be cautious in his or her dealings because it’s no longer business as usual.

So before you get married you can discuss with your intended spouse about signing a prenup for your own safety and security.

It’s backed up by law also in Nigeria and some other parts of the world. In this case you won’t have to worry about a spouse taking over almost all of your properties and assets because you divorced. A prenuptial agreement has saved you from those things.

1 Like

Re: Fear Of Divorce: This Might Be The Solution by Cutehector(m): 7:15am On Apr 02, 2022
Currently, I don't think i Can even sign a prenup with a woman who doesn't own anything.

1 Like

Re: Fear Of Divorce: This Might Be The Solution by mrbenjame: 7:53am On Apr 02, 2022
Cutehector:
Currently, I don't think i Can even sign a prenup with a woman who doesn't own anything.

Lols. It’s not compulsory she must own anything anyways. You can as well sign it to protect yourself too.
Re: Fear Of Divorce: This Might Be The Solution by Cutehector(m): 7:55am On Apr 02, 2022
mrbenjame:

Lols. It’s not compulsory she must own anything anyways. You can as well sign it to protect yourself too.
only if the agreement entails she doesn't get to own any of my properties.
Re: Fear Of Divorce: This Might Be The Solution by mrbenjame: 8:20am On Apr 02, 2022
Cutehector:
only if the agreement entails she doesn't get to own any of my properties.

Lols. Why? That’s what prenuptial agreement is all about. You have to state what you want.
Re: Fear Of Divorce: This Might Be The Solution by Cutehector(m): 8:34am On Apr 02, 2022
mrbenjame:

Lols. Why? That’s what prenuptial agreement is all about. You have to state what you want.
I know right
Re: Fear Of Divorce: This Might Be The Solution by mrbenjame: 8:53am On Apr 02, 2022
Lalasticlacla Abeg make people dey informed

(1) (Reply)

Appreciation After Disbursement / I Paid MY BROTHER A Surprise Visit! | Look Who's Back! | Port Harcourt Living / Join RGR Free Foodstuff Network

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.