Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,697 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:42 PM

See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School (49008 Views)

Video Of Success, The Warri Schoolgirl Sent Away From School Over School Fees / Finally Jamb Have Release The Results / "The Results Are Fake": JAMB Speaks On Release Of UTME 2018 Results (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by chinonyinye: 1:42pm On Apr 02, 2022
19th? After taking only 1st, 2nd or 3dr in all subjects? So how did she jump to 19th?

It's even fishy if she takes below 5th position talk more of 19th.

The parents should query that result. It's either her real position was 19th and d scores were padded or corruption actually took place. Nawaa o

5 Likes

Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by luminouz(m): 1:44pm On Apr 02, 2022
Juliearth:

I don't even think anything is wrong with this result.
YOU!!! shocked
Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by Nigerialabalaba: 1:47pm On Apr 02, 2022
advanceDNA:

how can her position in all subject not be less than 3rd and she now came in 19th

I suspect the teacher is practicing witchcraft.
haha...e fit possible to be 19th if too much too much pupils tie for d 1st and 2nd positions.
I remember something like dis for my primary school wey we no get 3rd position because two pupils tie for 2nd position.

For Class position, if 5 pupil tie for 1st position, d next position na 6th position but if 5 pupils tie for subject scores, the 6th pupil still be 2nd.

una no be teacher abeg. thumbs up to all our teachers wey sabi dem onions

4 Likes

Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by UsmanLa: 1:48pm On Apr 02, 2022
God Bless

We rent nice cars for birthday, weddings, occasions, just any event.

Are you visiting Nigeria and require to be picked up at the airport in a luxury vehicle?

Feel like a King or Queen at an affordable rate.
Attend meetings like a big boy/girl

Fuel and driver provided

Daily, weekly and monthly options available.

Click on my profile link to contact details https://www.nairaland.com/usmanla

Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by Cmanforall: 1:49pm On Apr 02, 2022
obembet:
I was surprised when My Neighbor show me the result her daughter got from the school yesterday.

How can a girl that normal go to school around 8:30-9am got A for punctually. The funniest part of it is that the teacher give the girl A in all area but still in 19th position out of 25 pupils

RATING GRADE:
50-74 is C but the teacher Wrote A in all

Please what your advice?
Others might have done better... strange with her position in each subject she's 19th
But she's still intelligent, forget position

1 Like

Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by ivolt: 1:49pm On Apr 02, 2022
Juliearth:

This is far from witchery. It is common in classes where all the pupils are bright
Not true.
The class average exposed the teacher as being incompetent or mathematically challenged
unless the position is not strictly based on academics.

5 Likes

Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by thorpido(m): 1:50pm On Apr 02, 2022
Lol,the school na pay school fees get A.

1 Like

Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by Juliearth(f): 1:50pm On Apr 02, 2022
ivolt:

Not true.
The class average exposed the teacher as being incompetent or mathematically challenged.

Perhaps, the position is not strictly based on academics.

Sorry, what's the class average again? Didn't even pay attention to that.
Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by Honestfrend: 1:51pm On Apr 02, 2022
christejames:
All these private schools that have lowered the standard of education in these country, the ministry of education should be more proactive.

Don't be surprised when you hear that pupil saying "I will tell my daddy for you" cry
My neighbors children always use that language when u beat them grin grin

4 Likes

Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by Nigerialabalaba: 1:51pm On Apr 02, 2022
ivolt:

Not true.
The class average exposed the teacher as being incompetent or mathematically challenged.

Perhaps, the position is not strictly based on academics.
no be so. no be say d tisha no fit make mistake but 18 pupils fit don tie for 1st and 2nd position.
Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by Starz825(m): 1:52pm On Apr 02, 2022
That's an incompetent teacher's handwriting...
Very low class private school
Dem full Ogun state
Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by Camelot65: 1:52pm On Apr 02, 2022
Her least position there is 3rd. Average is 98%, how then did she get to 19th?

Is the teacher Ok?

3 Likes

Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by SILVERLINES: 1:52pm On Apr 02, 2022
I can't enroll my kids on private secondary schools private secondary schools these days are broken. Trying to do everything to entice parents

1 Like

Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by advanceDNA: 1:54pm On Apr 02, 2022
Nigerialabalaba:

haha...e fit possible to be 19th if too much too much pupils tie for d 1st and 2nd positions.
I remember something like dis for my primary school wey we no get 3rd position because two pupils tie for 2nd position

You are not looking at the result ....

She ddnt come less than third in all the individual result computation..

she can’t suddenly jump to 19th when her average is 2nd

1 Like

Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by phemmyfour: 1:54pm On Apr 02, 2022
Juliearth:

Thank you! If 20 pupils scored 100 percent in a subject, then the next pupil to score 99 percent would come 21st in that subject. I am certain that is exactly what is playing out here.
Exactly, most of their exams at that level are orals and rhymes
Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by DimIsaac10(m): 1:54pm On Apr 02, 2022
It's very possible... Do your reseearch about others...
Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by Makween(f): 1:54pm On Apr 02, 2022
jibovico:
The teacher even failed to spell the word excellent correctly.
She did spell it correctly, it’s just her handwriting that made it look like it wasn’t spelt correctly.

2 Likes

Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by ramaju: 1:54pm On Apr 02, 2022
obembet:
I was surprised when My Neighbor show me the result her daughter got from the school yesterday.

How can a girl that normal go to school around 8:30-9am got A for punctually. The funniest part of it is that the teacher give the girl A in all area but still in 19th position out of 25 pupils

RATING GRADE:

Please what your advice?
your english needs its own result to be shown to your neighbour.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by advanceDNA: 1:55pm On Apr 02, 2022
Camelot65:
Her least position there is 3rd. Average is 98%, how then did she get to 19th?

Is the teacher Ok?

Please help me explain to this people talking another thing

2 Likes

Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by mcdokwe(m): 1:55pm On Apr 02, 2022
obembet:

RATING GRADE:

Please what your advice?
she made above 90 in all
Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by 77up(m): 1:56pm On Apr 02, 2022
Private School.

Another rotting in our education system, those barbaric humans will do everything to make sure you keep your children in their school even if they have to do what op is talking about.

1 Like

Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by sinkhole: 1:56pm On Apr 02, 2022
Juliearth:

Thank you! If 20 pupils scored 100 percent in a subject, then the next pupil to score 99 percent would come 21st in that subject. I am certain that is exactly what is playing out here.
So, how do you score the position 1 to 20 between the 20students who scored 100% ?
Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by ceejayluv(m): 1:57pm On Apr 02, 2022
Typical Nigerian irrational Dagbo mentality

1 Like

Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by Kilometres: 1:57pm On Apr 02, 2022
The only thing bad about this result is the position.

Schools should stop awarding positions...just grade the student. That's all.
Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by oza20(m): 1:58pm On Apr 02, 2022
meum:
I know the name of the school and where it is located. The Op failed to hide all info that can expose the school. grin

Is the position not supposed to be the average of all the positions for each subject? Except there were a lot of people in that class that had a tie for some positions. Just thinking though

That is the point! To probably enable those parents who have wards in that school to be more observant...
Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by Nigerialabalaba: 1:58pm On Apr 02, 2022
advanceDNA:

You are not looking at the result ....

She ddnt come less than third in all the individual result computation..

she can’t suddenly jump to 19th when her average is 2nd

I look am. tie for grades for subject dey different from class position.

I don teach for school before o so I sabi dis tins wella. If u and another pupil tie for grades, e no change ur position for dat subject but for class position, u go use different approach.

I no say d teacher no fit make mistake but dis position dey possible
Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by Trojan8(m): 1:59pm On Apr 02, 2022
So some Nairalanders actually believe that one can jump from averaging 1-3 to the 19th position. No wonder this forum is like this.

There's clearly a lot wrong with the final position.

5 Likes

Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by ivolt: 1:59pm On Apr 02, 2022
Nigerialabalaba:

no be so. no be say d tisha no fit make mistake but 18 pupils fit don tie for 1st and 2nd position.

Nigerialabalaba:

Check again, each subject had a class average.
Statistically, at least half of the class scored below average and half above.

This pupil was well above average in all subjects. This means the least position
she could have taken is 12th.

So, it is impossible for her to be 19th in a class of 25 unless they use other undocumented
criteria for assigning class position.

2 Likes

Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by Lexusgs430: 2:00pm On Apr 02, 2022
She still came 19th ......... In some schools, she would be their best student........ wink
Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by advanceDNA: 2:00pm On Apr 02, 2022
Juliearth:

... u don’t need to create an hypothetical scenario here.. her least position in the individual subject is third... she can’t possibly come in nineteen after calculating her total....

Check the individual courses... the students that have been coming fourth, Fifth, sixth in each individual course can’t suddenly jump forward??

It’s individual course performance that determines total position eventually naaa

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

“You Feeds Us In School...” Placard Carried By Katsina Pupils (Pictures) / The Big Size Of An Undergraduate's Project Hardcopy (Photos) / Alexandra Shoneyin Recognised By Obama For Her Academic Excellence - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.