Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,471 members, 7,823,097 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:27 AM

See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School (49011 Views)

Video Of Success, The Warri Schoolgirl Sent Away From School Over School Fees / Finally Jamb Have Release The Results / "The Results Are Fake": JAMB Speaks On Release Of UTME 2018 Results (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by BeardGangJnr1(m): 2:29pm On Apr 02, 2022
ramaju:
your english needs its own result to be shown to your neighbour.
Oga ohhhh....lolssssssss grin grin grin
Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by Nobody: 2:35pm On Apr 02, 2022
meum:
I know the name of the school and where it is located. The Op failed to hide all info that can expose the school. grin

Is the position not supposed to be the average of all the positions for each subject? Except there were a lot of people in that class that had a tie for some positions. Just thinking though
I saw Rivers.
Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by advanceDNA: 2:37pm On Apr 02, 2022
Racksody:
I thought I was the only one who noticed

The class average for the first subject revealed she’s as among the best....
even though she got 62... she was still 3rd in that subject meaning most of them ddnt do well in that subject...

All of a sudden some people are now saying maybe 18 people got high percentage.... high percentage that they could not get in the individual courses suddnly jumped out when they wanted the the total and class position
Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by phemmyfour: 2:41pm On Apr 02, 2022
ExudeLoveToAll:

With the data given above it's not possible.

You can't be having less than 3rd in most subject ranking and then come 19th overall in same class. Where is the computational basis coming from?

You assumption only holds when the participants in class are also ra ked hight than the said student in subject ranking else assumption is flawed.
You're wrong, 10 people can be ranked 1st position in a particular subject. There is no column in the result to reveal that she was ranked JOINT FIRST/SECOND/THIRD in those subjects.

If you ve taught in kg - nursery before, you LL know that there is little difference in separating the pupils academically

1 Like

Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by Juliearth(f): 2:43pm On Apr 02, 2022
sinkhole:
So, how do you score the position 1 to 20 between the 20students who scored 100% ?

The 20 of them are graded first position.

1 Like

Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by Juliearth(f): 2:44pm On Apr 02, 2022
advanceDNA:

... u don’t need to create an hypothetical scenario here.. her least position in the individual subject is third... she can’t possibly come in nineteen after calculating her total....

Check the individual courses... the students that have been coming fourth, Fifth, sixth in each individual course can’t suddenly jump forward??

It’s individual course performance that determines total position eventually naaa

Touché! You are right!! There is indeed a flaw. I just checked the result and her least grade was 3rd postion.
Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by heniford2: 2:46pm On Apr 02, 2022
DAT pikin and his teacher are doing backyard something undecided
Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by sinkhole: 2:47pm On Apr 02, 2022
Juliearth:

The 20 of them are graded first position.
Beautiful, then the next person to them should have the 2nd position.
You can't leave the middle positions vacant while you jump to position 21st, can we do that?
Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by Oturatetuala(m): 2:48pm On Apr 02, 2022
phemmyfour:
It's possible if position 1-18 got higher percentages i.e 99-100%

If you find yourself in class with extremely brilliant pupils at that level (Nursery 2), anything less than 99% might take you out of top 10 position in the class

Correct don't mind people just saying what they don't know.

1 Like

Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by tony1way: 2:49pm On Apr 02, 2022
This result is unacceptable. As far as she can come first in 7 out of 12 subject she is automaticaly the best.[color=#990000][/color]
Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by haabidah666: 2:56pm On Apr 02, 2022
Typical Nigeria primary school result....
Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by Trojan8(m): 2:57pm On Apr 02, 2022
Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by Gamblex: 2:58pm On Apr 02, 2022
that's what u c when u have many brilliant student in one class. the same thing happened to my brother's children in school, private school to be precise.

1 Like

Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by Trojan8(m): 2:58pm On Apr 02, 2022
We4all:

Study the class average carefully then you will know it’s possible.

Where did you see class average?
Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by Trojan8(m): 3:02pm On Apr 02, 2022
She scored above class average in every single subject. Where the class average was 62, she scored 90+.

So how did she end up in 19th position? Na wa for the way these Nairalanders think.

3 Likes

Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by AleAirHub(m): 3:06pm On Apr 02, 2022
I had such result back then @ Wilson International School, Kaduna. My late Dad didn't appreciate it because someone took 1st, I really felt bad then.

In my class then,
3persons took 1st position.
4persons took 2nd position.

I love that school die and if not for the kidnapping crisis in Kaduna, I could have love my children to attend that school or Christ Ambassador College, Sabo...

obembet:
I was surprised when My Neighbor show me the result her daughter got from the school yesterday.

How can a girl that normal go to school around 8:30-9am got A for punctually. The funniest part of it is that the teacher give the girl A in all area but still in 19th position out of 25 pupils

RATING GRADE:
50-74 is C but the teacher Wrote A in all

Please what your advice?
Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by rickyboss333: 3:06pm On Apr 02, 2022
Kai!!! Class teacher has fallen hand. She for no even put that 19th position at all. 1000 ways to demarket a school
Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by Slynation(m): 3:09pm On Apr 02, 2022
LordIsaac:
The teacher's knowledge of computation of result is flawed. He/she needs training. Go and complain.
He/she is not, her total scores was below 96/100 and they are all A and excellent...!! After all, she is only in nursery 2 where everyone seems bright
Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by MrSly(m): 3:09pm On Apr 02, 2022
obembet:
I was surprised when My Neighbor show me the result her daughter got from the school yesterday.

How can a girl that normal go to school around 8:30-9am got A for punctually. The funniest part of it is that the teacher give the girl A in all area but still in 19th position out of 25 pupils

RATING GRADE:

Please what your advice?
Award of marks with reckless abandon. With the teacher's remark I see it all. Awarding unmerited marks to please the parents or to give them fake hope that their ward/child is doing well in school is evil. Education should revoke integrity.
Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by ogawisdom(m): 3:14pm On Apr 02, 2022
19th position is not possible since she came 3rd as the least for the subjects.

Her worst position should be 4th
Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by Lightorder: 3:16pm On Apr 02, 2022
advanceDNA:
how can her position in all subject not be less than 3rd and she now come in 19th

I suspect the teacher is practicing witchcraft.
Abi o !
Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by Krismas(m): 3:17pm On Apr 02, 2022
obembet:

RATING GRADE:

Please what your advice?
grin Fake result grin The Pupil took 13 courses? Top the class in 7 of the courses. Leaving out 6 courses grin And still came 19th position? If all pupils took equal number of courses. Then the result is a lie. In the remaining 6 courses, she she came second highest 4 times and she was the third highest the remaining 3 courses.

1 Like

Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by Lightorder: 3:19pm On Apr 02, 2022
meum:
I know the name of the school and where it is located. The Op failed to hide all info that can expose the school. grin

Is the position not supposed to be the average of all the positions for each subject? Except there were a lot of people in that class that had a tie for some positions. Just thinking though
I don’t understand this thread at all . how did you see the info or are you also a practicing witch?
Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by Mosopzy23: 3:27pm On Apr 02, 2022
Nigerialabalaba:

E fit possible oga. U no be teacher abeg.

For Class position, if 5 pupil tie for 1st position, d next position na 6th position but if 5 pupils tie for subject scores, the 6th pupil still be 2nd.

U dey look at d numbers but u no understand position system for schools because u no be teacher..Na becos of dis position system make some countries stop class position system.
U no be teacher so no argue wetin u know sabi

I don't think you need to be a teacher see the flaws in the uploaded result.
Infact, I don't think you get it.
A student who emerges as the one of the top 3 shouldn't be below the 5th , in terms of position. It doesn't just add up.
Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by 2016easy2017: 3:30pm On Apr 02, 2022
This is much possible. As for private school, even if your child is not able to write her name she'll could still get 1st and excellent.

But listening to state affairs this morning, o learnt that ; in the US, if the government goes to the university to ask for best 2 students, in any of the university, a NIGERIAN must be ONE of them.
What's happening.
I Kno a friend who scored last of 3rd class in a federal university in Nigeria, went abroad, did masters and was among the best 5 students with 1st class. And of the 5, 3 of them are Nigerians.
Am sure the brother is reading this now.

Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by Juliearth(f): 3:35pm On Apr 02, 2022
sinkhole:
Beautiful, then the next person to them should have the 2nd position.
You can't leave the middle positions vacant while you jump to position 21st, can we do that?

Unfortunately, it doesn't always work that way and I understand why it has to be so. If there are 25 pupils in a class, then the grading system has to run from 1st to 25th. So even if 24 of these pupils come first, the next pupil takes the 25th position instead of 2nd.

1 Like

Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by smasher1(m): 3:57pm On Apr 02, 2022
advanceDNA:
how can her position in all subject not be less than 3rd and she now come in 19th

Lol. The teacher is highly unintelligent and not sincere. He or she likely did expo in school heavily, and doesn't know grade average.
Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by Wannabenz: 3:58pm On Apr 02, 2022
I dey pay for this kind people next term school fees in my village.
Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by dannex4adx(m): 4:00pm On Apr 02, 2022
obembet:

RATING GRADE:

Please what your advice?

This is what those "public private" schools do so that parents will not withdraw their children if they fail them.
Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by murmee: 4:00pm On Apr 02, 2022
advanceDNA:

I'm laughing!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Alexandra Shoneyin Recognised By Obama For Her Academic Excellence - Photos / “You Feeds Us In School...” Placard Carried By Katsina Pupils (Pictures) / Most Preferred Courses In Nigerian Universities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.