Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,814 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:22 AM

See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School (48999 Views)

Video Of Success, The Warri Schoolgirl Sent Away From School Over School Fees / Finally Jamb Have Release The Results / "The Results Are Fake": JAMB Speaks On Release Of UTME 2018 Results (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by oluwakayode25(m): 6:45pm On Apr 02, 2022
Firstly, the OP has a few things wrong in his assessment. She clearly got A's in all of the subjects rightly according to that result, exam scores are merged with test scores to give you a total of 100.. You were looking at d exam scores only, then before you judge, you need to loom at d results of those who came before her, at the end of the day na just meagre points go differentiate these students, if the parent want answers then they should head to the school, to those who thought the teacher can't write properly need to have their eyes fixed, you guys can pick out flaws yet you all are filled with flaws!!! Remove your own speck first!!!

1 Like

Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by FullBlastLight: 6:57pm On Apr 02, 2022
obembet:
I was surprised when My Neighbor show me the result her daughter got from the school yesterday.

How can a girl that normal go to school around 8:30-9am got A for punctually. The funniest part of it is that the teacher give the girl A in all area but still in 19th position out of 25 pupils

RATING GRADE:
50-74 is C but the teacher Wrote A in all

Please what your advice?

Take it or leave it, most of Private Schs results are manipulatively fabricated 2 pls parents!

In Education proper, d class teacher doesn't comment on learners' academic {cognitive} performance, bt only on d behavioural {affective & psychomotor} performance!

Only d Head Teacher or Principal is designated 2 comment on learners' academic performance!

Meanwhile, d lil child is yet anoda Prof or intellectual in d making!

May God preserve d child 2 accomplish destiny wit excellence & dignity, IJMN!
Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by meobizy(f): 7:05pm On Apr 02, 2022
Please what your advice?
I suggest you get a job and leave Nairaland. You jobless children.
Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by cedricksly: 7:28pm On Apr 02, 2022
Lol all of them na All-star for the class then grin grin grin grin
Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by NairaMaster1(m): 7:40pm On Apr 02, 2022
Omicron007:
shocked

A pupil with an average score of 98% and having a position of 19th is unimaginable.

Personally, I don't think there is a need for awarding positions or rankings.
The grades and total scores in each subject is enough to track the performance of a kid in a class.

I know that school is located in Rivers states. Some of the schools in Rivers always give their students flashy scores and grades so as to make the parents believe their kids are doing well.

Obembet, what sayest thou?

The school is looking for customers. If I were the parent I will head for another school.
Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by NairaMaster1(m): 7:41pm On Apr 02, 2022
obembet:
I was surprised when My Neighbor show me the result her daughter got from the school yesterday.

How can a girl that normal go to school around 8:30-9am got A for punctually. The funniest part of it is that the teacher give the girl A in all area but still in 19th position out of 25 pupils

RATING GRADE:

Please what your advice?

The school is looking for customers.
Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by Limitbreaker01: 8:29pm On Apr 02, 2022
[quote author=obembet post=111579699]I was surprised when My Neighbor show me the result her daughter got from the school yesterday.

How can a girl that normal go to school around 8:30-9am got A
...show us ur pikin results...
Wether the pikin dae go school by 12pm, grace go always speak
Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by deeplive1: 8:35pm On Apr 02, 2022
Na wa ooo... Na so the condition of our private schools don reach?.... imaging.... Na customers them day find ooo... My sister was once a private school teacher... Na so them day run am...
Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by lexy2014: 8:55pm On Apr 02, 2022
obembet:

RATING GRADE:

Please what your advice?

How can rating grade be C when the child scored between 90 to 100 in all her subjects? Where did u get your C from?
Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by lexy2014: 8:58pm On Apr 02, 2022
babajero:
Please where is the school located that still grade by position?. Don't believe everything you see online.

There's nothing wrong with the result. It's the op who doesn't no how to interpret the result. Also, most of u folks commenting didn't even study the results
Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by akinade28(f): 9:03pm On Apr 02, 2022
advanceDNA:

U are not looking at the data before you.. u are just creating hypothetical scenario that doesn’t add up here...

From the first subject on top u can deduce this girl is among the top 3 student in her class..
That subject was her poorest... she got 67 (class average) still, she was overall third in that subject....
please madam where are these very brilliant student when someone that got 67 came 3rd in the class for that subject....

Madam, I don’t know how you are seeing this result....it not possible for someone to make an 1st and second in all individual course and end up with 19th position out of 25....

Is it not the individual subject that makes up the over all..??

My point is that the overall position may not be wrong but the issue is with the position she was given in each subject
Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by mechanics(m): 9:29pm On Apr 02, 2022
Wow, she will take the first position in a public school, it means they have brilliant students in her class.
Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by imagrg(m): 10:13pm On Apr 02, 2022
It happens in private schools all over the country.
This is fraud incorporated!
The reason why we have half baked literates in Nigeria.
The States and Federal Ministry of Education should do something about this ugly trend. Otherwise we will soon record massive failed human resources.
Omicron007:
shocked

A pupil with an average score of 98% and having a position of 19th is unimaginable.

The grades and total scores in each subject is enough to track the performance of a kid in a class.

I know that school is located in Rivers states. Some of the schools in Rivers always give their students flashy scores and grades so as to make the parents believe their kids are doing well.

Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by babajero(m): 10:40pm On Apr 02, 2022
lexy2014:

There's nothing wrong with the result. It's the op who doesn't no how to interpret the result. Also, most of u folks commenting didn't even study the results
What is there to study in the result, which private school today still grades result with position and not percentage.
Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by Goldbw122(m): 10:49pm On Apr 02, 2022
There is something wrong with the teacher, they should check if the teacher is normal, because there is something definitely wrong.. I can see that.
Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by SlayQueenSlayer(m): 11:33pm On Apr 02, 2022
advanceDNA:
how can her position in all subject not be less than 3rd and she now come in 19th

I suspect the teacher is practicing witchcraft.

She is even 1st in 7 out of 13 subjects.
Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by SlayQueenSlayer(m): 11:44pm On Apr 02, 2022
phemmyfour:
It's possible if position 1-18 got higher percentages i.e 99-100%

If you find yourself in class with extremely brilliant pupils at that level (Nursery 2), anything less than 99% might take you out of top 10 position in the class

True. I remember my primary school days. I was getting 100% in almost all subjects. And that was the only way one could dream of coming first in class. I and my competition were always on the look for who is dropping points(Scoring less than 100%). It was more that just getting Grade A.
Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by Tundex911: 2:41am On Apr 03, 2022
Na part of wetin Abayomi still dey talk about be this...

Forcing our kids to know wetin pass their brain
Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by Yinkus057: 3:02am On Apr 03, 2022
This result is a Joke. The average score on number concept is 62 and she had 94 indicating most of them did badly in number concept, then she should never be in 19th position.
Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by Nobody: 5:40am On Apr 03, 2022
Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by Aarenasbaba(m): 5:55am On Apr 03, 2022
Omicron007:
shocked

Same as Delta too... You dare not scold their pupils

Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by Nobody: 5:56am On Apr 03, 2022
Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by unclemaths(m): 6:57am On Apr 03, 2022
IF YOU CHECK THE TOTAL SCORE, YOU WILL SEE THAT THE TEACHER DID THE RIGHT THING.

The GRADES were for the TOTAL SCORE of the pupil but it appears that you were looking at the Class Average.

The real parents should have called the school for clarification.
Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by Psoul(m): 10:18am On Apr 03, 2022
obembet:

RATING GRADE:

Please what your advice?

You should also try to polish your grammar construction to make it more palatable while reading it. Thanks
Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by riczy(m): 10:42am On Apr 03, 2022
advanceDNA:
how can her position in all subject not be less than 3rd and she now come in 19th

I suspect the teacher is practicing witchcraft.
its only possible because perhaps she has hotter class mate!
Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by advanceDNA: 11:36am On Apr 03, 2022
riczy:
its only possible because perhaps she has hotter class mate!

What are u saying.?? where are the hotter class mates when she was dusting them in all the individual subjects....??

do you people get that it is individual subjects that is added up to get total before position is awarded??

How can chealsea win 28 out of 30 premier league games (home and away) and still be at the bottom of the league table at the end of the season....does that make any sense to you..??

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by TOPCRUISE(m): 4:44pm On Apr 03, 2022
Similar thing happened to me in primary school. I was flogged at home for getting an unfavourable position in class
Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by benjanny(m): 8:26pm On Apr 03, 2022
Unless You Attended Government School

I can never take your school results very serious.

only in private school you can see about 4 different people taking first position in their class.

Some proprietors dey even edit results to their Favourite pupil who they don't want to lose as their student because their parents are rich
Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by utibe1995(m): 8:10pm On Apr 04, 2022
That Teacher is a Bandit. Level one Bandit for that matter.
Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by egobright(m): 8:33am On May 31, 2022
The position doesn't reflect the performance. The child's position in class as shown on the result sheet ranged between 1st to 3rd in all the subjects only to have the overall position to be 19th, that makes no sense.
The child shouldn't fall anything less than 1st, 2nd or 3rd position, if the result is correct

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Success, Sapele Schoolgirl Wants To Be A Lawyer, How her life has changed now / Most Preferred Courses In Nigerian Universities / Alexandra Shoneyin Recognised By Obama For Her Academic Excellence - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.