Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,805 members, 7,827,966 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:22 PM

Why Do Wives' Mothers Dominate Their Daughters' Marital Homes - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Wives' Mothers Dominate Their Daughters' Marital Homes (1825 Views)

Do Wives Owe Their Husband Sex ? / Why Do Wives Like Secretly “Stealing” From Their Husband? / How Do Wives Whose Husbands Live Abroad Or Faraway Cope Without Sex? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Wives' Mothers Dominate Their Daughters' Marital Homes by simpleseyi: 8:50am On Apr 05, 2022
Women are generally bad
Re: Why Do Wives' Mothers Dominate Their Daughters' Marital Homes by NorthSerious: 11:52am On Apr 05, 2022
Klass99:

I saw your response to Prima as well about mothers wanting the best for their children, I just smiled and shook my head. Like seriously, that is not always the case and when will some of you grasp that motherhood is NOT synonymous with sainthood

We like to think that (I mean mothers want the best....) but older me is realizing how calculating, manipulative and selfish some women can be in the name of motherhood. Some use emotional blackmail, spiritual blackmail or outright witchcraft to get what they want out of their children. In the name of, I carried you for 9 months in my womb, I did this and that, if she is a widow who trained you in school be prepared for an even heavier dose of that blackmail.

When I hear things like this, in my mind I am like, ehn ehn and so? Wasn't it your responsibility to do all of that? You decided to have kids, you ought to have known what comes with it. Then most love to act like they gave you life and they own your life (not God our Creator o, but them) simply because they gave birth to you.

Holy cow, you are just so smart and wise. And very honest, too, which is a rarity nowadays. Really a breathe of fresh air around here.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Wives' Mothers Dominate Their Daughters' Marital Homes by eazzzy1(m): 4:03pm On Apr 05, 2022
Klass99:

shocked grin

This Eazzzy, you amuse me to no end with your idealistic mindset as reflected in your recent posts which I have come across. Ideally, what you said here won't be an issue. But, realistically when you start to experience it in real time, you will not find it funny neither will you feel this way.

What you think is not a big deal caused the breakdown of a marriage and led to the divorce of a couple I know personally. Pray not to have meddlesome in-laws or a wife who lacks good judgment, is incapable of independent thinking and independent choices.

I saw your response to Prima as well about mothers wanting the best for their children, I just smiled and shook my head. Like seriously, that is not always the case and when will some of you grasp that motherhood is NOT synonymous with sainthood?

We like to think that (I mean mothers want the best....) but older me is realizing how calculating, manipulative and selfish some women can be in the name of motherhood. Some use emotional blackmail, spiritual blackmail or outright witchcraft to get what they want out of their children. In the name of, I carried you for 9 months in my womb, I did this and that, if she is a widow who trained you in school be prepared for an even heavier dose of that blackmail.

When I hear things like this, in my mind I am like, ehn ehn and so? Wasn't it your responsibility to do all of that? You decided to have kids, you ought to have known what comes with it. Then most love to act like they gave you life and they own your life (not God our Creator o, but them) simply because they gave birth to you.

When scripture says a man's worse enemies are from within his own household or the human heart is desperately wicked, please remember that God's word is not a lie and mothers are not exempted from that word of truth either, just because.....

Klassy, ideals and reality are subjective. Why should peoples ideals be different from their reality in the first place? Some things are out of our control but I will like to think of this as not one of those things.

I mentioned on another thread where we had a conversation how I was in a live-in relationship, you know why we stopped living together? It was because her mother wasn’t comfortable with the arrangement.

They would get into these arguments about living with a guy without being married, her daughter was living rent free but no reason was good enough for her. I was the one who convinced her to get a place of her own even though our arrangement was very convenient for us. At the end of the day, it wasn’t worth it having fight her mother because her mother wanted what was best for her and her family would be the one to stand by her when the chips are down.

I also had a friend who almost got divorced because her husband was a mummy’s boy, the straw that almost broke the Carmel’s back for her was when they went on a vacation and as soon as they got to their room he called his mother to inform her they got there safely. Needless to say the vacation didn’t go well. Now would this be an issue for me? Hell no! My partner talks to her parents everyday, she tells them everything, my own parents didn’t even know I lived with a girl. If anything, my relationship has thought me how much of a shitty son I was, now I try my best to speak to my folks atleast once a week.

My disposition towards roles and responsibilities hasn’t changed even when it concerns mothers and children. Mothers do not ‘owe’ it to their children to be good mothers. We have children getting raised by grandparents because their mothers are not responsible enough for themselves talkless of being able to care for a child. Who would beat a mother who chooses to be irresponsible? Any mother who makes sacrifices, gives a little of herself for the well-being of her kids deserves commendation and appreciation. I don’t take sacrifices for granted, nobody owes me, I don’t owe anybody. This is my reality.
Re: Why Do Wives' Mothers Dominate Their Daughters' Marital Homes by cayorday89(m): 5:39pm On Apr 05, 2022
Klass99:

shocked grin

This Eazzzy, you amuse me to no end with your idealistic mindset as reflected in your recent posts which I have come across. Ideally, what you said here won't be an issue. But, realistically when you start to experience it in real time, you will not find it funny neither will you feel this way.

What you think is not a big deal caused the breakdown of a marriage and led to the divorce of a couple I know personally. Pray not to have meddlesome in-laws or a wife who lacks good judgment, is incapable of independent thought and independent choices.

I saw your response to Prima as well about mothers wanting the best for their children, I just smiled and shook my head. Like seriously, that is not always the case and when will some of you grasp that motherhood is NOT synonymous with sainthood?

When scripture says a man's worse enemies are from within his own household or the human heart is desperately wicked, please remember that God's word is not a lie and mothers are not exempted from that word of truth either, just because.....

klassy as always... Very on point.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Wives' Mothers Dominate Their Daughters' Marital Homes by Klass99(f): 6:57pm On Apr 05, 2022
cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Wives' Mothers Dominate Their Daughters' Marital Homes by Nnamnugochi: 8:35pm On Apr 05, 2022
Klass99:

shocked grin

What you think is not a big deal caused the breakdown of a marriage and led to the divorce of a couple I know personally. Pray not to have meddlesome in-laws or a wife who lacks good judgment, is incapable of independent thought and independent choices.

This is serious �
Re: Why Do Wives' Mothers Dominate Their Daughters' Marital Homes by Nnamnugochi: 9:27am On Apr 06, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
You mean almost the exact same way the husband's mother dominates her son? undecided
The husband's mothers tend to be more oppressive but may not dominate in most cases like the mother of the wives. Same woman may react differently if she has son-in-law and daughter-inlaw. Why?
Re: Why Do Wives' Mothers Dominate Their Daughters' Marital Homes by Klass99(f): 9:53am On Apr 06, 2022
cool
Re: Why Do Wives' Mothers Dominate Their Daughters' Marital Homes by Nnamnugochi: 11:19am On Apr 06, 2022
Klass99:

Ehn ehn? So, you men actually know these things or what your mothers are capable of, but you pretend like you don't know. Daris god o
Klassy, not that men are ignorant of this, we are here to discuss why the female folks behave the way they do!
Re: Why Do Wives' Mothers Dominate Their Daughters' Marital Homes by Klass99(f): 4:49pm On Apr 06, 2022
cool
Re: Why Do Wives' Mothers Dominate Their Daughters' Marital Homes by Nnamnugochi: 1:23pm On Apr 07, 2022
Klass99:

Lookatchu grin.

[i]Does it matter why we behave the way we do? You people are always getting all up in our business on this forum with your numerous threads concerning women.
[/i]

If it is not a thread about single mothers, it is about working class ladies and how they can't be submissive or wives denying you of sex (my personal favourite grin) Una no dey taya? Make una rest
Klassy, the way you behave matters
Re: Why Do Wives' Mothers Dominate Their Daughters' Marital Homes by GloriousGbola: 8:13am On Apr 08, 2022
Klass99:

wives denying you of sex (my personal favourite grin) Una no dey taya? Make una rest

angry angry angry angry
Re: Why Do Wives' Mothers Dominate Their Daughters' Marital Homes by Klass99(f): 9:54am On Apr 08, 2022
cool

(1) (2) (Reply)

Household items in Abeokuta, for Sale! Great offer!! / Two Wives? One abroad one in naija....please help? / Married Woman Pregnant For Another Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.