Stats: 3,152,211 members, 7,815,229 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:23 AM

Can Great Britain Invade And Successfully Conquer Nigeria? - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Can Great Britain Invade And Successfully Conquer Nigeria? (1054 Views)

Russia Successfully Tests Putin's Hypersonic Missile (Photos, Video) / US Congress Under Siege, Trump Supporters Overrun Security, Invade Chambers / What Is The Difference Between England, Great Britain And United Kingdom (2) (3) (4)

Can Great Britain Invade And Successfully Conquer Nigeria? by Luigi02(m): 3:49pm On Apr 02, 2022
I've seen a lot of people here claim Britain could invade us for our oil, since they no longer have access to Russian oil and others like Saudi arahus, Qatar etc have rejected to pump more. Now I know, those claims were made jokingly, but I was actually imagining a scenario like that. Could Britain actually be able to Conquer us if they're stupid enough to invade us?
Let me have your contributions because I actually think we would be able to repulse or beat them back in total humiliation
Re: Can Great Britain Invade And Successfully Conquer Nigeria? by DannyFX2638: 3:54pm On Apr 02, 2022
People already occupying Nigeria and you are talking of invading.... Op do you invade your home ? grin grin

Re: Can Great Britain Invade And Successfully Conquer Nigeria? by Mangekyo: 4:03pm On Apr 02, 2022
It has been confirmed that an average Abokî can take on 20 or more British troops.
Our population is more than 200 million now. No country, I repeat, no country can invade and Successfully Conquer us. It's like saying China can be conquered

Re: Can Great Britain Invade And Successfully Conquer Nigeria? by Patented: 4:17pm On Apr 02, 2022
Luigi02:
I've seen a lot of people here claim Britain could invade us for our oil, since they no longer have access to Russian oil and others like Saudi arahus, Qatar etc have rejected to pump more. Now I know, those claims were made jokingly, but I was actually imagining a scenario like that. Could Britain actually be able to Conquer us if they're stupid enough to invade us?
Let me have your contributions because I actually think we would be able to repulse or beat them back in total humiliation

They can invade but I don't think they can conquer Nigeria. If their objective is to secure a few offshore oil wells they could succeed being that they have a technological edge on us with their airforce and navy. However to conquer mainland nigeria is too much for them. They simply do not have a military large enough to do it. The country will be too vast for them and population to much

Re: Can Great Britain Invade And Successfully Conquer Nigeria? by FoolishBoy419: 5:48pm On Apr 02, 2022
If Nigerians are supportive of the country and are willing to give up their lives for it, even USA cannot achieve it because Nigeria is too large. I know some amateurs might look at USA's military capabilities and think we don't stand a chance but unless they use nuclear weapons and bomb every corner in Nigeria, they can't achieve it. The amount of insurgency alone would be too much.

But in our present state, It would not be that hard if they really put their minds to it. In fact, a sizeable portion of the country (especially people like Northernblood3) would happily join them against Nigeria.

Re: Can Great Britain Invade And Successfully Conquer Nigeria? by olugabbie(m): 6:02pm On Apr 02, 2022
Mangekyo:
It has been confirmed that an average Abokî can take on 20 or more British troops.
Our population is more than 200 million now. No country, I repeat, no country can invade and Successfully Conquer us. It's like saying China can be conquered

Nigeria military can be defeated within hours. But the invaders will loose a lots of soldiers to both the old insurgents and the new ones.
Re: Can Great Britain Invade And Successfully Conquer Nigeria? by Mangekyo: 8:57pm On Apr 02, 2022
olugabbie:

Nigeria military can be defeated within hours. But the invaders will loose a lots of soldiers to both the old insurgents and the new ones.
Are you underestimating the nigerian military?
The nigerian military is one of the most competent forces in Africa and the world at large. Just because we're having problem dealing with terrorists who are mostly applying guerilla tactics doesn't mean we wouldn't be able to hold out another country in a Conventional warfare. Our troops are trained to tackle enemies in conventional warfares, not terrorists applying guerilla. Any country would find trouble containing enemies using guerilla tactics. Even USA, Russia, China etc. All of them

Re: Can Great Britain Invade And Successfully Conquer Nigeria? by Adjovi: 9:27pm On Apr 02, 2022
Na mosquito go fight for us
Re: Can Great Britain Invade And Successfully Conquer Nigeria? by Czario: 9:30pm On Apr 02, 2022
Mangekyo:

They will use missile attacks from frigates off the coastal cities. Dirty bombs, and aircraft.
They're not stupid. And they're not the only ones interested in taking over Nigeria. By Nigeria i mean the mineral and oil gas rich south. North will not be touched as per mutual understanding..
It could happen in mid 2022.
Re: Can Great Britain Invade And Successfully Conquer Nigeria? by greatness77: 9:41pm On Apr 02, 2022
Luigi02:
Just say can britain invade and sucessfully conquer d fool-ani terrorist govnt? D answer is YES, britain dont even need to invade, just 2 thing, no1: britain will just place arm embargo on fool-ani govnt and no2: just send 2% of d weapons they gave ukraine to south east and south south chikina!! Invassion done end, they will drill our oil as they want, IN BIAFRA EASTERNERS AND SOUTHERNERS STAND
Re: Can Great Britain Invade And Successfully Conquer Nigeria? by Mangekyo: 9:50pm On Apr 02, 2022
Czario:

They will use missile attacks from frigates off the coastal cities. Dirty bombs, and aircraft.
They're not stupid. And they're not the only ones interested in taking over Nigeria. By Nigeria i mean the mineral and oil gas rich south. North will not be touched as per mutual understanding..
It could happen in mid 2022.

If they are going to invade, them I can 100% guarantee you that we will get military assistance from Russia and China. Not to even talk of our fellow African countries like SA.
Both China and Russia will equip each and every one of us, as the west is currently doing with Ukraine.
Of course they would make us agree that they would get to tap some oil if we're able to withstand. I think it would be accepted by our leaders. The possibilities of Britain defeating us is near zero

Re: Can Great Britain Invade And Successfully Conquer Nigeria? by greatness77: 9:52pm On Apr 02, 2022
Mangekyo:
nawa ooo! Africans why, i weep for black race, britain will conquer nigeria without firing a shot, just 2 thing nigeria will collaps
no1 place arm embargo on nigeria
no2 supply just 2% of the weapons they gave to ukraine to easterners and niger delta(biafra) chikina! Evething done finish
Re: Can Great Britain Invade And Successfully Conquer Nigeria? by Mangekyo: 9:56pm On Apr 02, 2022
greatness77:
nawa ooo! Africans why, i weep for black race, britain will conquer nigeria without firing a shot, just 2 thing nigeria will collaps
no1 place arm embargo on nigeria
no2 supply just 2% of the weapons they gave to ukraine to easterners and niger delta(biafra) chikina! Evething done finish
Britain cannot place any arm embargo on Nigeria. What world are you living you in? Lmao very funny. The highest thing Britain can do is persuade EU countries to not sell weapons to us. The likes of China, Russia, and other African countries like SA would 100% be able to give us weapons of they want. Lol

An attack on Nigeria is an attack on SW, SE, SS, and the north. It is stupid to think everyone wouldn't fight to the death to defend it

Re: Can Great Britain Invade And Successfully Conquer Nigeria? by greatness77: 9:58pm On Apr 02, 2022
FoolishBoy419:
If Nigerians are supportive of the country and are willing to give up their lives for it, even USA cannot achieve it because Nigeria is too large. I know some amateurs might look at USA's military capabilities and think we don't stand a chance but unless they use nuclear weapons and bomb every corner in Nigeria, they can't achieve it. The amount of insurgency alone would be too much.

But in our present state, It would not be that hard if they really put their minds to it. In fact, a sizeable portion of the country (especially people like Northernblood3) would happily join them against Nigeria.
Alaska just one out of 50 states in usa is bigger dan nigeria X2, and pls i hope south east and niger delta no follow? Count us off pls
Re: Can Great Britain Invade And Successfully Conquer Nigeria? by seunny4lif(m): 10:00pm On Apr 02, 2022
Something they having been doing since over 100 years
Re: Can Great Britain Invade And Successfully Conquer Nigeria? by greatness77: 10:05pm On Apr 02, 2022
Mangekyo:

Britain cannot place any arm embargo on Nigeria. What world are you living you in? Lmao very funny. The highest thing Britain can do is persuade EU countries to not sell weapons to us. The likes of China, Russia, and other African countries like SA would 100% be able to give us weapons of they want. Lol

An attack on Nigeria is an attack on SW, SE, SS, and the north. It is stupid to think everyone wouldn't fight to the death to defend it
illiterate! SS and SE will never fight to defend nigeria, east is already hot for nigeria, i wont give u d attention u want, f**k nigeria
Re: Can Great Britain Invade And Successfully Conquer Nigeria? by greatness77: 10:12pm On Apr 02, 2022
Mangekyo:

If they are going to invade, them I can 100% guarantee you that we will get military assistance from Russia and China. Not to even talk of our fellow African countries like SA.
Both China and Russia will equip each and every one of us, as the west is currently doing with Ukraine.
Of course they would make us agree that they would get to tap some oil if we're able to withstand. I think it would be accepted by our leaders. The possibilities of Britain defeating us is near zero
Hahaha which oil? I hope its not d one in biafra land? We go even use dat opportunity declare independence and sent nigeria out of our territory
Re: Can Great Britain Invade And Successfully Conquer Nigeria? by Mangekyo: 10:43pm On Apr 02, 2022
greatness77:
illiterate! SS and SE will never fight to defend nigeria, east is already hot for nigeria, i wont give u d attention u want, f**k nigeria
I am from SS looking to join the nigerian military hopefully by the grace of God, this year. Stop generalizing your hate please
Re: Can Great Britain Invade And Successfully Conquer Nigeria? by leofab(f): 11:28pm On Apr 02, 2022
A country that can’t produce their own military armament locally can’t be suppressed and occupied.. there will be collateral damages but then saboteurs will make the job easy..
Re: Can Great Britain Invade And Successfully Conquer Nigeria? by FoolishBoy419: 11:51pm On Apr 02, 2022
greatness77:
Just say can britain invade and sucessfully conquer d fool-ani terrorist govnt? D answer is YES, britain dont even need to invade, just 2 thing, no1: britain will just place arm embargo on fool-ani govnt and no2: just send 2% of d weapons they gave ukraine to south east and south south chikina!! Invassion done end, they will drill our oil as they want, IN BIAFRA EASTERNERS AND SOUTHERNERS STAND

Leave politics out of this and let's keep this thread reasonable please. Britain can't effectively place an arms embargo on any Chinese ally, neither can USA. Russia and China are always there for Western adversaries and your belief that South south and South East can beat four geopolitical zones in Nigeria is quite childish.
Re: Can Great Britain Invade And Successfully Conquer Nigeria? by FoolishBoy419: 11:56pm On Apr 02, 2022
Mangekyo:

Sometimes I wonder how those people think. The era where Britain or their master USA can place such embargoes is forever gone. It's only possible if Britain's enemies decide to adhere, and that has almost zero chances of happening.

Re: Can Great Britain Invade And Successfully Conquer Nigeria? by FoolishBoy419: 12:00am On Apr 03, 2022
greatness77:
Alaska just one out of 50 states in usa is bigger dan nigeria X2, and pls i hope south east and niger delta no follow? Count us off pls

It's not about landmass. If it's about landmass alone, Israel wouldn't have been in existence today. Guerilla tactics worked against USA in Vietnam, and it would work against them here too. They can only succeed if the population decides not to fight them.
Re: Can Great Britain Invade And Successfully Conquer Nigeria? by greatness77: 12:07am On Apr 03, 2022
Mangekyo:

I am from SS looking to join the nigerian military hopefully by the grace of God, this year. Stop generalizing your hate please
Wetin concern me? Some russian soldiers even defected and joined ukrainian soldiers so its not new thing
Re: Can Great Britain Invade And Successfully Conquer Nigeria? by greatness77: 12:09am On Apr 03, 2022
FoolishBoy419:

It's not about landmass. If it's about landmass alone, Israel wouldn't have been in existence today. Guerilla tactics worked against USA in Vietnam, and it would work against them here too. They can only succeed if the population decides not to fight them.
Count biafra out
Re: Can Great Britain Invade And Successfully Conquer Nigeria? by greatness77: 12:16am On Apr 03, 2022
FoolishBoy419:

Leave politics out of this and let's keep this thread reasonable please. Britain can't effectively place an arms embargo on any Chinese ally, neither can USA. Russia and China are always there for Western adversaries and your belief that South south and South East can beat four geopolitical zones in Nigeria is quite childish.
yoruba is for oduduwa, we can swiftly overran north with british weapons
Re: Can Great Britain Invade And Successfully Conquer Nigeria? by Czario: 12:24am On Apr 03, 2022
Mangekyo:

Yes this is true, many proxy wars may be fought on Nigerian soil solely for her resources eg lithium (Elon musk), LNG( Biden vs Putin) Gold (France vs China) Uranium (Iran vs West) etc
Sadly, it's the populace that will suffer.
Re: Can Great Britain Invade And Successfully Conquer Nigeria? by hamouston91(m): 12:25am On Apr 03, 2022
Mangekyo:

Are you underestimating the nigerian military?
The nigerian military is one of the most competent forces in Africa and the world at large. Just because we're having problem dealing with terrorists who are mostly applying guerilla tactics doesn't mean we wouldn't be able to hold out another country in a Conventional warfare. Our troops are trained to tackle enemies in conventional warfares, not terrorists applying guerilla. Any country would find trouble containing enemies using guerilla tactics. Even USA, Russia, China etc. All of them

The same Nigeria, abi another one, even super power nations dread the British Forces. I'm sorry for you not reading about British history and their capabilities.
you are funny, comparing Nigerian forces with British Forces,the same Nigeria that has British military equipment in their Arsenals, now tell me how many Nigerian made you can find in the British Arsenal. For your information, if the whole world were absent, and Britain invaded Nigeria, then it won't take more than a year for Nigeria to become a World Heritage Site. The British are brutal, they do more action and less talks. By the way, Nigeria's military budget is just $2.15 billion while Britain's budget is $55.10 billion .
please read history and carry out your findings with proof, it will do you a lot of good. Peace!

Re: Can Great Britain Invade And Successfully Conquer Nigeria? by Truvelisback(m): 5:11am On Apr 03, 2022
Luigi02:
So, u serious post this nonsense?
Re: Can Great Britain Invade And Successfully Conquer Nigeria? by babyfaceafrica: 9:50am On Apr 03, 2022
Czario:

Yes this is true, many proxy wars may be fought on Nigerian soil solely for her resources eg lithium (Elon musk), LNG( Biden vs Putin) Gold (France vs China) Uranium (Iran vs West) etc
Sadly, it's the populace that will suffer.
Nigeria has Uranium? Which states?
Re: Can Great Britain Invade And Successfully Conquer Nigeria? by Czario: 9:53am On Apr 03, 2022
babyfaceafrica:
Nigeria has Uranium? Which states?

Adamawa, Gombe
Re: Can Great Britain Invade And Successfully Conquer Nigeria? by babyfaceafrica: 9:54am On Apr 03, 2022
Czario:

Adamawa, Gombe
Wonderful!!! Nigeria just dey dull, we are sitting on many natural resources and still poor.. It's well
Re: Can Great Britain Invade And Successfully Conquer Nigeria? by Czario: 10:00am On Apr 03, 2022
babyfaceafrica:
Wonderful!!! Nigeria just dey dull, we are sitting on many natural resources and still poor.. It's well

The British and Americans are coming for it since we're too dull

Revealed; How Kenyan President Is Protected When Travelling / At First, I Support Isreal, When I Saw What Happened In Palestine / Interesting How

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57