Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,974 members, 7,817,871 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:46 PM

EFCC Arrests Socialite Cubana Chief Priest - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / EFCC Arrests Socialite Cubana Chief Priest (63194 Views)

Cubana Chief Priest's Convoy Attacked By Unknown Gunmen (Video, Pics) / EFCC Arrests Ajayi Oluwabukola Temitope, Ibadan Socialite For Alleged N25m Fraud / EFCC Arrests Obi Cubana Over Alleged Money Laundering (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EFCC Arrests Socialite Cubana Chief Priest by olibeans: 8:29am On Apr 03, 2022
Igbo socialites, Nigeria is not for you.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests Socialite Cubana Chief Priest by luizpippo(m): 8:29am On Apr 03, 2022
2braithe:

So you think EFCC just picks anyone that has money and is below 50?
That's a ridiculous allegation.

Once they suspect you,they start investigating you secretly.When they find out that you possess wealth from a not so clean source,they invite you for questioning.If you can prove it's source, you'll be freed.

They investigate and find out you possess wealth from a shady source!!!! Then you prove your money is legit and you gets free.

How do you prove something they already investigated was a shady source?

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Arrests Socialite Cubana Chief Priest by psalmz(m): 8:36am On Apr 03, 2022
on what ground
Re: EFCC Arrests Socialite Cubana Chief Priest by ShedrachU(m): 8:39am On Apr 03, 2022
lasisi69:
shocked

Efcc just wants their share...

This type of comment is stale, find something new.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Arrests Socialite Cubana Chief Priest by Winsolution: 8:52am On Apr 03, 2022
gospelpen:
Out there in the streets, it is said that if EFCC has never arrested nor invited you for questioning, then nobody knows you have money yet. Unless you are above 50 years. Unfortunately, the agency expects you to suffer till you are 50 years before you blow.

If you are below that age, you will have to explain and explain, till you get tired of the money as well. Old frustrated people always have a way of meting out their frustrations on the young and rich. Know this and know peace ✌️

If you are reading this now, the best thing to do for yourself is to join the majority of Nigerian students studying and working abroad through undergraduate and postgraduate scholarships. Checkout S C H O L A R S V I B E. COM to see some of available opportunities for this 2022.
scammers
Re: EFCC Arrests Socialite Cubana Chief Priest by frequencyyor(m): 8:57am On Apr 03, 2022
When ever they see an igbo they become a Lion
Re: EFCC Arrests Socialite Cubana Chief Priest by MrRemedyAlagbo(m): 8:59am On Apr 03, 2022
When is tax fraud become efcc job....they're just arresting anybody,no investigation nothing....and the main criminals are already pasting posters for election everywhere

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests Socialite Cubana Chief Priest by Ybaby: 9:02am On Apr 03, 2022
SarkinYarki:
Money laundering and tax evasion? This clearly shows the EFCC have no real case against this man .

Is it the duty of EFCC to hold people for Tax evasion? This is the job of FIRS and it has processes ? Has the FIRS invited him to come and explain loopholes in his tax burden ? Abeg this is abuse of power which means the EFCC can just pick up anyone they don't like and accuse of them of tax fraud

His sin is that he dared to go to GHANA to watch the match, he was shown on TV, he trended on Twitter

It is too much..... way too much for them.

so they picked him up on his birthday to pepper him more.

How dare you flash?

He is Aries - child of spring !! No matter how cold the winter is the spring comes and bloom again.
No body dey catch wind, they will release him.

Get your PVC guys!

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests Socialite Cubana Chief Priest by VPN11(m): 9:03am On Apr 03, 2022
SHINJA:
I don't trust most Igbo rich men..

They are either into rituals, drug pushing or fraud.

Throw him into the cell... MUGU

Watch as his fellow Igbo brothers support him and blame tinubu..

Crime = Proximity

Yoruba ;money ritual culture

Ogun Owo: The Culture Of Blood Money And Yahoo Plus In Nigeria
The anti-graft agency, the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) recently invaded an alleged den of internet fraudsters in Ibadan, the Oyo state capital. The residence belonged to a 38-year old Azeez Adebowale. What makes this case a unique one is the discovery of a smallish fetish-looking wooden casket in Adebowale’s apartment which he claims to be his sponge case.

The assumption is that the wooden casket is fetish and is used to aid in the carrying out cybercriminal activities. In Nigeria, it is a popular belief that voodoo and black magic can be used to defraud people or used to get rich in various ways usually through some rites and sacrifice. In the interest of science, one is forced to wonder how real is the practice of Ogun Owo.

Abuja, Nigeria(CNN)A Nigerian Instagram celebrity, Ramon Abbas, known as "Hushpuppi" has admitted his involvement in a conspiracy to defraud a Qatari businessman of more than $1m, the U.S. Justice Department has said.

Abbas, 37, also admitted to laundering money "through bank accounts around the world," including "several other cyber and business email compromise schemes that cumulatively caused more than $24 million in losses," the statement released Wednesday added.

He pleaded guilty to the charges on April 20, according to court documents which were only unsealed.

Nigerians to the US Public Access to Court Electronic Records (PACER) site, pacer.gov were incontrovertible records indicate that the bulk of Tinubu’s properties and assets were actually confiscated by the government of the United States, in regard to the case of drug trafficking.

In one instance Tinubu, on 10/4/93 forfeited to the US government the sum of $460,000 held in his name, in his account no. 263226700, at First Heritage Bank. The records go further to explain that the funds, forfeited to the Federal Reserve Bank, Chicago, were seized by the Us government because they were acquired through the distribution of hard drugs.

What the shocking exposure reveals is that Bola Tinubu, the former governor of Lagos State and leader of the former ACN, now a major part of APC was a long time drug baron and probably still is. Indeed the 1993 case was ongoing whilst he was a senator of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. Haba, Nigerian leaders!

I repeat crime = proximity
He that leaves in a glass house;should not throw stones.
I rest my case.
Re: EFCC Arrests Socialite Cubana Chief Priest by Obainomilano: 9:03am On Apr 03, 2022
The only job effc is good at is to arrest fraudsters and political criminals then defraud and steal from their loot and let them of the leash to continue their looting ...the society where the rich always get away with crime will always be a crime society because only the rich has the financial mussle to sponsor crime#orator#
Re: EFCC Arrests Socialite Cubana Chief Priest by friendl: 9:04am On Apr 03, 2022
Nigeria?
Re: EFCC Arrests Socialite Cubana Chief Priest by NaijaCover(m): 9:08am On Apr 03, 2022
Nawa o
Re: EFCC Arrests Socialite Cubana Chief Priest by Caseless: 9:10am On Apr 03, 2022
SmartProf:
His boss is the Supreme Court Governor so it's possible there are loads of collabo between them as looting partners. Well, any chief priest that can be arrested at will must be operating in a fake shrine.
people who know what it is know what his "chief priest" name means.
Re: EFCC Arrests Socialite Cubana Chief Priest by buckeyemedia: 9:10am On Apr 03, 2022
Fahdiga:
Arrested on mere suspicion while world renowned and proven big thief like Tinubu is walking free and even insulting our sensibilities by declaring for presidency. Nigeria is a banana republic
Spiteful Ipobian, where were you when Ali Baba Himself faced the Code of Conduct Tribunal under Pdp & Jonathan?

What is good for the goose, is good for the gander, you Fahdiga that claimed your father emptied the state’s treasury as a MILAD, Which Court did he face, & how many years did he spend in prison?

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests Socialite Cubana Chief Priest by SarkinYarki: 9:10am On Apr 03, 2022
Padipadi:
Tinubu too is a patriot.
Defeat him via ballot if he is presented by his party not by tarnishing his image.
Same way I can't conclude Cubana Chief Priest is a fraudster or ritualist is the same way you can't accuse Tinubu anyhow.

Cool down..Tinubu is the most corrupt governor in the history of Nigeria
Re: EFCC Arrests Socialite Cubana Chief Priest by InvertedHammer: 9:12am On Apr 03, 2022
geekay4real:

I can't still understand why you people hated Tinubu this much though I will love him to support credible candidate but the level of hatred by some region despite the hospitality received from every part of SW is unimaginable.
If there is state like Lagos is every geopolitical zones in Nigeria, I believe the level of economic hardship in the country will have drastically reduced.
Killing of innocent lives, embezzlement of public funds and economic saboteurs is nothing to worry about but Tinubu has always been the headache.
This was how Zik unnecessarily hated Awo to the extent of turning down alliance offer where Awo agreed to be Finance minister and Zik to be prime minister. He went ahead to accept toothless bulldog position from northern (ceremonial president) thinking they can be easily manipulate.
Attempt to correct this error resulted to first coup in Nigeria which ended oneness of the country and retaliation of this coup resulted to Biafra war.
Every problem the country is facing today emanated from greediness and selfishness of your forefathers and it will be a grave mistake if you don't learn from history.

/
Isn't that how the same region pointed out the lapses in Buhari but was misconstrued as hatred. Today everyone is wailing. Don't be allergic to truth afterall Tinubu is not even aware of your existence. But you are here drinking Panadol for his headache.

/
Re: EFCC Arrests Socialite Cubana Chief Priest by Fahdiga(m): 9:14am On Apr 03, 2022
buckeyemedia:
Spiteful Ipobian, where were you when Ali Baba Himself faced the Code of Conduct Tribunal under Pdp & Jonathan?

What is good for the goose, is good for the gander, you Fahdiga that claimed your father emptied the state’s treasury as a MILAD, Which Court did he face, & how many years did he spend in prison?
Incoherent gibberish devoid of any logic
Re: EFCC Arrests Socialite Cubana Chief Priest by Coldie(m): 9:17am On Apr 03, 2022
LaSenior:
cheesy

Efcc always looking for soft targets

They can never learn

Arresting before investigation

It’s their new modus operandi, arrest u, tell u to bring #100 or #50million for bail release u and say u are under investigation
Re: EFCC Arrests Socialite Cubana Chief Priest by 1860ixt: 9:43am On Apr 03, 2022
[s]
buckeyemedia:

[/s]
Re: EFCC Arrests Socialite Cubana Chief Priest by BigNija: 10:05am On Apr 03, 2022
Fahdiga:
Arrested on mere suspicion while world renowned and proven big thief like Tinubu is walking free and even insulting our sensibilities by declaring for presidency. Nigeria is a banana republic

Atiku, your semi God is corrupt more than Tinubu.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests Socialite Cubana Chief Priest by kamez(m): 10:13am On Apr 03, 2022
I was at D'angels in owerri with my now ex girlfriend sometime last year...
D'angels is owned by cubana chief priest wife...

My ex is a journalist in one of the radio stations in owerri..as we sat at the VIP lounge enjoying our nkwobi, my eyes were glued to the Tv because my club Chelsea were playing that Saturday...

Suddenly my ex as a sharp journalist wey she be, gave me a nudge and whispered to me to look up..lo and behold, cubana chief priest younger brother was exchanging a small pack of cocaine for dollars....like the younger brother sells cocaine right in that lounge..

The dude no even fear our presence...that's the day I knew that there was definitely something fishy about cubanas wealth. There is no way his younger bro was selling cocaine at his wife's lounge without his knowledge

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests Socialite Cubana Chief Priest by moneyissweet(m): 10:55am On Apr 03, 2022
Don't let his fat deceive you, that dude is fiscally fit and very good in the other room.

I have met him in UAE and I can tell you that guy is spiritually and fiscally strong and powerful.

gaby:
Hmmm

I'm more worried for his health.

As for the allegations...no comment.

Do the crime and do the time because there is no escaping the repercussions.
Re: EFCC Arrests Socialite Cubana Chief Priest by Yvngex(m): 10:57am On Apr 03, 2022
Please � if by any means you come across this message please do well to put me in your prayersAcct
Re: EFCC Arrests Socialite Cubana Chief Priest by Aaaaarghmed(m): 11:07am On Apr 03, 2022
Most people who flaunt money openly are into illegal.Na abokis I know say no dey flaunt too much but some na still illegal.
Re: EFCC Arrests Socialite Cubana Chief Priest by Aaaaarghmed(m): 11:08am On Apr 03, 2022
Chieffoo007:
When you are big you are big
ask hushpuppy wetin happen las las.
Re: EFCC Arrests Socialite Cubana Chief Priest by od501: 11:13am On Apr 03, 2022
bestofnollywood:
https://gazettengr.com/just-in-efcc-arrests-cubana-chief-priest-on-alleged-money-laundering-tax-fraud/

Uzodimma lured this one with political appointment. Chai... Uzodimma!!! Cos of money you are killing your kinsmen!!
Re: EFCC Arrests Socialite Cubana Chief Priest by Omodua(m): 11:15am On Apr 03, 2022
bestofnollywood:
https://gazettengr.com/just-in-efcc-arrests-cubana-chief-priest-on-alleged-money-laundering-tax-fraud/
EFCC is no longer a crime fighting agency. It's purely vendetta outfit to stifle public opinion. It's under the command of Malami who gives instructions to Bawa, the EFCC chairman on what to do on subsisting cases.
I know a friend who has over N80Million with a first generation bank. EFCC seized the money on suspicion of money laundering. They are negotiating with the owner/depositor to have over 80% of the share to die down the case. But the young man refused.
Re: EFCC Arrests Socialite Cubana Chief Priest by Nobody: 11:33am On Apr 03, 2022
Some of this socialites helps politicians to keep and launder stolen funds.
Re: EFCC Arrests Socialite Cubana Chief Priest by Padipadi(m): 11:33am On Apr 03, 2022
SarkinYarki:

Cool down..Tinubu is the most corrupt governor in the history of Nigeria
Can we open your personal book of life?
Where do you work?
What's your profession?
How much do you earn?
How does your earning equate your expenses?
What are your assets?
If you are checked thoroughly we ll find things that look dubious even though you may be innocent.
Face Tinubu with your ballot paper, not by libel.

I m not his supporter but he laboured for APC & the only one with proven record of leadership, mentorship, vision & seriousness to be the next president. Others are like sentimental campaigners

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests Socialite Cubana Chief Priest by Jostoman: 11:43am On Apr 03, 2022
EFCC of APC is at it again.
Re: EFCC Arrests Socialite Cubana Chief Priest by BJanta: 11:46am On Apr 03, 2022
bestofnollywood:

Which tax ? Tax for what? For fueling his generator, paying exorbitant s hool fees for lack power supply, paying huge hospital bills to maintain his health , driving his car on jagajaga roads and paying huge some of money to maiguard to secure his life that of his loved ones , infact the list is endless, but paying tax to who, for what. I just pray the youth of this nation would just rise up. How private people have been arrested for tax evasion in the entire North. You will not go and arrest the bandits, but innocent Southerners.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

11-Year-Old Ghanaian Boy Set Ablaze For Peeping At A Lady Bathing / The First Thieves That Burgled The Oba Market Stores In Benin In 1960s / Ghanaian Police Officer Commits Suicide After She Was Dumped By Her Fiancé

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.