Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,259 members, 7,836,183 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:20 PM

Empty Presidential Directives - Daily Trust Editorial - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Empty Presidential Directives - Daily Trust Editorial (23517 Views)

FG, Resist IMF’s Deadly Pills! - Daily Trust Editorial / NPA: How Hadiza Bala-Usman disobeyed Presidential Directives Leading To Sack / Scandalous Brawl In The Villa: Daily Trust Editorial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Empty Presidential Directives - Daily Trust Editorial by nedekid: 8:20am On Apr 03, 2022
Tonymegabush1:
Maybe our security forces are overwhelmed or simply put they lack reinforcement undecided. In a sane cline the president would have step down together with his service chiefs, but what can we do undecided na to buy gun begin protect ourselves.
Overwhelmed?
Dont think so. I think there is no political will to deal with the issue. Afterall, let ipob cough small in the south east and you will see fgn speaking to them in "language they understand".
Even if overwhelmed, why not order Euben Barlow and his gang of South African mercenaries to "parley" with the bandits? To dance "ballet" with them?

1 Like

Re: Empty Presidential Directives - Daily Trust Editorial by blowjob: 8:22am On Apr 03, 2022
FRUITS OF CORRUPTION grin grin grin

DIS IS JUST THE BEGINNING grin grin grin

JUST STAY TUNED grin grin grin
Re: Empty Presidential Directives - Daily Trust Editorial by emonis88: 8:25am On Apr 03, 2022
When people were told in 2015 they said he was not going there to carry blocks or do bricklayer work. Now all of a sudden the work has become harder than a bricklayer's work. Another is spewing same talk again, when he gets there again , the job will again become harder than a bricklayer's work. Nigerians shine ur eyes.
Re: Empty Presidential Directives - Daily Trust Editorial by mu2sa2: 8:26am On Apr 03, 2022
Buhari has failed on security. But as a country we're blessed, aren't we? Where are our prophets and men of god? If they can cure hiv, leprosy, cancer etc by fiat, let them come in here. let's not forget sister leah sharibu, not one prophet has commanded iswap to do the needful, chai!
Re: Empty Presidential Directives - Daily Trust Editorial by Georgejeez: 8:30am On Apr 03, 2022
We told them in 2015 , they refused to heed sound and sane warnings.

We are warning them again , DONT ELECT OR VOTE FOR TINUBU ,Buhari has already taken us back to 1984 , Tinubu will take us back to the era of the Civil war ,, they are still hell bent on refusing sound and sane warnings. Okay o

Once I can find my way out of this country , nothing will make me return , I go just pass there lost gooo
Re: Empty Presidential Directives - Daily Trust Editorial by akaahs(m): 8:31am On Apr 03, 2022
ijustdey:

https://dailytrust.com/empty-presidential-directives
The bias in this write ups is a call of concern.
They failed to capture the killings and burning of houses and shops in Kagoro, Southern Kaduna. Over 40 lives and over 200 houses and shops burned down by fulani bandits.
Is it because these people are the minority or their lives doesn't matter in this country?

1 Like

Re: Empty Presidential Directives - Daily Trust Editorial by madukaanaya(m): 8:32am On Apr 03, 2022
I honestly wish that the president should extend his tenure.i am enjoying the way he is dealing with his brothers up north.no rest for the wicked and God never sleeps.
Re: Empty Presidential Directives - Daily Trust Editorial by VPN11(m): 8:33am On Apr 03, 2022
Sonoyom:
Sai barbar.

grin
Re: Empty Presidential Directives - Daily Trust Editorial by wirinet(m): 8:34am On Apr 03, 2022
Maxymilliano:
Even Daily Trust could not help but joined the group of wailers
Wailers you say. So you mean daily trust should not join the growing list of all Nigerians wailing the killing of Nigerians by terrorists on a daily basis, while Buhari seems unconcerned. The growing list of wailers have included the members of the House of representatives, the Kaduna state government and even Ashiwaju Bola Tinubu, who had to cancel his birthday even due to wailing.

Buhari government seems to be the most incompetent government since government came into existence.
In saner climes, the government should have resigned long ago. Jonathan that I vehemently condemned his incompetence in handy Boko Haram was not this incompetent

1 Like

Re: Empty Presidential Directives - Daily Trust Editorial by SecretReporter(f): 8:35am On Apr 03, 2022
MajorOvakporaye:
Buhari, a useless dead vegetable that is as weak as overripe fried plantain. And another sick idiot who urinates on himself wants to succeed him

Thunder fire that useless stupid idiotic fool called vulture griller!!!
my urhobo sister, be calming down

1 Like

Re: Empty Presidential Directives - Daily Trust Editorial by boxypane(m): 8:37am On Apr 03, 2022
Maxymilliano:
Until danger comes to your doorstep... Then you know exactly why.
Re: Empty Presidential Directives - Daily Trust Editorial by Tk24: 8:37am On Apr 03, 2022
How do you call a walking corpse to stand up to his responsibilities!
Re: Empty Presidential Directives - Daily Trust Editorial by Sonn(m): 8:38am On Apr 03, 2022
Maxymilliano:

Are you serious? do you really mean what you said by calling the editor "wailer"?
No, you are not serious i know,
You can't be serious....

1 Like

Re: Empty Presidential Directives - Daily Trust Editorial by LLiKYekoba: 8:39am On Apr 03, 2022
Na una problem be that.
Re: Empty Presidential Directives - Daily Trust Editorial by seunayantokun(m): 8:44am On Apr 03, 2022
Though this Daily Trust's editorial further demonstrates its hypocrisy yet I must commend it for touching the truth pointing to Buhari as the one who is never willing to tackle the terrorists.

I also condemn The Daily Trust for continuing to call terrorists bandits and terrorism banditry despite having knowledge of the court's ruling and the FG's pronouncement that the heartless murderers are terrorists.

1 Like

Re: Empty Presidential Directives - Daily Trust Editorial by lexy2014: 8:45am On Apr 03, 2022
Simeon88:
This topic strong ooo
But seriously the appointees of this government really messed things up big time. Everyone is just doing fala folo. Seriously am beginning to get scare for this country. Who can rescue this country?.
Just travel the stretch of Abuja-Kaduna road, the numbers of almajiri kids in around the filling stations is just unacceptable.

You are blaming appointees. What of the person that appointed the appointees?
Re: Empty Presidential Directives - Daily Trust Editorial by MrRemedyAlagbo(m): 8:46am On Apr 03, 2022
Why can't this man just resign
Re: Empty Presidential Directives - Daily Trust Editorial by ultimatekint(m): 8:50am On Apr 03, 2022
Greatest calamity looming for Nigeria ; who no know go know !
Re: Empty Presidential Directives - Daily Trust Editorial by anytexy: 8:50am On Apr 03, 2022
"I am not aware."
Re: Empty Presidential Directives - Daily Trust Editorial by Orlu13: 8:51am On Apr 03, 2022
Pls how to I post on nairaland..help
Re: Empty Presidential Directives - Daily Trust Editorial by Orlu13: 8:52am On Apr 03, 2022
[color=#000000][/color]how do I post on nairaland
Re: Empty Presidential Directives - Daily Trust Editorial by 18wheeler: 8:58am On Apr 03, 2022
Maxymilliano:
Las Las hand don touch evri bodi.
Re: Empty Presidential Directives - Daily Trust Editorial by Orlu13: 9:00am On Apr 03, 2022
H[b][/b] how do I make a post on nairaland
Re: Empty Presidential Directives - Daily Trust Editorial by thetruthwins: 9:06am On Apr 03, 2022
MajorOvakporaye:
Buhari, a useless dead vegetable that is as weak as overripe fried plantain. And another sick idiot who urinates on himself wants to succeed him

Stop ranting.... Go get your PVC if you don't have none
Re: Empty Presidential Directives - Daily Trust Editorial by Naijanascam: 9:06am On Apr 03, 2022
Let's give him more time.... don't hurry the president to make some mistakes that will work against the unity of naijiria
Re: Empty Presidential Directives - Daily Trust Editorial by house10s2: 9:07am On Apr 03, 2022
Maxymilliano:
undecided
Re: Empty Presidential Directives - Daily Trust Editorial by thetruthwins: 9:10am On Apr 03, 2022
akaahs:

The bias in this write ups is a call of concern.
They failed to capture the killings and burning of houses and shops in Kagoro, Southern Kaduna. Over 40 lives and over 200 houses and shops burned down by fulani bandits.
Is it because these people are the minority or their lives doesn't matter in this country?

Has buhari the dead vegetable ever comment on southern kaduna? Because he loves what's going on on southern kaduna.

The killing and destruction on southern kaduna alone is worst than the war in Ukraine.

1 Like

Re: Empty Presidential Directives - Daily Trust Editorial by house10s2: 9:10am On Apr 03, 2022
MajorOvakporaye:

I love u
Re: Empty Presidential Directives - Daily Trust Editorial by Reference(m): 9:33am On Apr 03, 2022
We said it loud and clear in the run up to 2015, that there was a severe lack of capacity at the very top of the proposed government but I guess 'fighting corruption' was the watchword and illusion peddled to sway the uninformed.

And this 'lack of capacity' becomes all the more critical in a defective structure called the Nigeria state.
For in other climes you do not need a genius as President, because he does not have to think for the people and fashion out all the solutions to all the challenges because he has a functional Legislature to thoroughly debate and vett his thoughts, proposals and programs so added value is obtained.

He doesn't have to be athlete or at least a spring chicken because a functional government ensures only the best are by his side to do the 'hard running' and 'heavy lifting' in programs and activities. He delegates properly and appoints only those he can fire because they are 'not his friends or clansmen' courtesy of a Legislature and functional judiciary that ensures black sheep are culled and weeds uprooted.

And in the case of rampant internal insecurity the structure ensures that incidents are tackled at source and solutions found locally because governors and local government leaders have absolute power over the police, law enforcement agents and even the judiciary is 'grassrooted' so the President can sleep when a gun shot sounds in a forest thousands of miles away. It is not his problem and should not be.

Folks, we can wail all we like.
I have said it countless times. The structure of Nigeria is its downfall. Even the best of President's cannot succeed in reversing the fortunes of this country when the structure is akin to a monarchy with all powers domiciled at the centre leaving the fringes of society in the cold.
To have a leader that is not exactly cerebral, is not fit and is aged operating as sole administrator of this failed system is just asking for catastrophe.

Divide the entire number of security personnel by the land area of Nigeria and see that bandits outnumber, out gun and out resource them.
Divide the entire federal budget by the number of security personnel or number of active criminals and it just is not enough to train, equip and operate them effectively.
Then you come to a realisation that more resources are needed that the Federal Government simply does not have.

In the United States for example, the 'national police' equivalent, the FBI employs just about 35,000. Homeland security (half of which do not bear arms or conduct criminal investigations or conduct arrests) has a staff strength of about 400,000.
States and local police on the other hand amounts to over 700,000, with some big states like California with big problems having over 90,000 men in uniform, paid for by state and local taxes.

What are States in Nigeria, and local goverments (where these terrible crimes are committed) doing with their resources.... building stupid flyovers and roaming around in million naira armoured SUV's constituting nuisance while their people are being slaughtered....
What exactly is wrong with the citizens of this country that they are so ignorant and dumb not to demand for security literaly at their doorsteps.

If citizens can pay for security at the gates of their homes and business premises and pay for vigilante in their communities and pay for all these ragtag regional outfits WHY CAN'T THEY DEMAND AND PAY FOR a constitutionally recognized police service at their level WITH CONSTITUTIONAL AUTHORITY to investigate, arrest, prosecute and punish crime and INDEED SHOOT DEAD (as directed by Mr. President again and again) any gun wielding, motorbike riding bandit at sight without recourse to Abuja and an old, sick man in the twilight of his office.

Why are Nigerians adamant at being so helpless. This is just ridiculous.
A hundred years ago California (with over 90,000 policemen today), Texas and much of America's west was bandit country.
Towns and villages were being robbed wily nily by outlaws on horseback.
It is the people that rose up and said, enough is enough.
That if Washington could not help them they will form their own, police, appoint their own judges and build their own gallows.
When will Nigerians become fed up with these vermin riding not horses but motorbikes today.

2 Likes

Re: Empty Presidential Directives - Daily Trust Editorial by poiZon: 9:40am On Apr 03, 2022
I hope pquaver is safe and secure?

I don't want anything to happen to you, so u will see what will become of buhari when he finally ends his regime of evil tendency come may29th 2023.

How r u coping with the fuel situation sef?
Re: Empty Presidential Directives - Daily Trust Editorial by Proflere: 9:47am On Apr 03, 2022
Fibonacci88:
Buhari and his Co travellers should just calculate thier outstanding salary and loot from now till 2023 let's pay them immediately and start rebuilding urgently. With the way things are going nothing would be left of this country come 2023.
Our colonizers did us nothing. They gave us the opportunity to go our separate ways in 1957, but Azikiwe's greed got us where we are. He was the one begging for one Nigeria. Awolowo wanted the Yorubas to go their separate way, the North didn't even want independence but Azikiwe had to beg the north for 3 good years to be part of what we have today and here we are.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Disabled Men And Women Protesting In PH Now / Rivers Re-run Elections: Makarfi’s PDP Rejects Magnus Abe’s Victory / Umahi, Uzodimma, South-east Leaders Absent At Shettima’s Unveiling

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.