Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,492 members, 7,830,487 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:22 PM

Is Asokoro, Abuja The Best Precinct In West Africa? (Pictures) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is Asokoro, Abuja The Best Precinct In West Africa? (Pictures) (60888 Views)

The Destruction Caused After Dam Collapsed In South Africa (Pictures) / Car Swarmed By Thousands Of Grasshoppers In South Africa (Pictures) / Crushed Rock, Mpape, Abuja: The New Tourism Hotspot In Nigeria (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Asokoro, Abuja The Best Precinct In West Africa? (Pictures) by CaptainFM1: 7:40pm On Apr 03, 2022
Everybody is tested and trusted whenever they are campaigning.
Re: Is Asokoro, Abuja The Best Precinct In West Africa? (Pictures) by StarGra: 7:41pm On Apr 03, 2022
Go and check that of Rwanda...Aso dey learn work
Re: Is Asokoro, Abuja The Best Precinct In West Africa? (Pictures) by CSTRR: 7:43pm On Apr 03, 2022
ibechris:
A friend of mine who lived in Germany for several years came back and we both visited a place in Maitama and he asked where is this? and i answered that its Maitama and he just hissed.

See his reply,this place looks iike where the poor people in Germany live.

Asokoro,maitama and Wuse 2 are all over rated.
Germany is budgeting €100billion just for defence next year.

That is four times our foreign reserves.

Germany is rich as fuccvk, Nigeria is poor as a mudafuker.

4 Likes

Re: Is Asokoro, Abuja The Best Precinct In West Africa? (Pictures) by placeofallure(f): 7:44pm On Apr 03, 2022
I go to Abuja once in a while to visit big sis. She lives in Maitama and it's a nice neighborhood. Electricity is constant almost 24/7. That's the only place I know. I'm an indoor person. Whenever I'm bored, I stroll around the neighborhood. You hardly see people on the streets, very lonely streets. We do drive round the town in the evenings when she's back from work but that's that. I don't know this Asokoro that you write about. I guess that's where the money bags reside. Naija and class!

2 Likes

Re: Is Asokoro, Abuja The Best Precinct In West Africa? (Pictures) by Focusmind: 7:44pm On Apr 03, 2022
Nothing special. Typical third world country city.

Mariupol or Donbass is still finer. You simply can't take it away from Europeans when it comes to cities. It's not by planting trees and marking road lanes. Europe's third grade cities are better than the best of what we have here.

You can't even compare Abuja with my university town of Aberdeen

6 Likes

Re: Is Asokoro, Abuja The Best Precinct In West Africa? (Pictures) by CrownFemi: 7:47pm On Apr 03, 2022
All I here are 2 pictures....
Re: Is Asokoro, Abuja The Best Precinct In West Africa? (Pictures) by blowjohn(m): 7:50pm On Apr 03, 2022
gasparpisciotta:
In the city of the blind, a one-eye man will be king

In the land of the pigs the butcher man is king
Re: Is Asokoro, Abuja The Best Precinct In West Africa? (Pictures) by Nobody: 7:50pm On Apr 03, 2022
Thamesbridge:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rONFL-oCGk

Neighborhood overview

The Asokoro area is an attractive, highly developed phase 1 district in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) Abuja. It is an exclusive, upper class neighborhood that houses many important local and international institutions.
Embassies and state house lodges are scattered all around the neighborhood. Nigeria’s Presidential complex known as “Aso Villa” and the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) Secretariat are both found in the district.

Other places of interest include Glamour Lounge and the National Children’s Park & Zoo.

Many of Nigeria’s high net worth individuals live in Asokoro including business magnets,
celebrities and top government officials. Despite being a primarily residential district there is selected commercial activity.
The neighborhood hosts several high-class shops and restaurants. A number of Abuja’s best hotels are also sited in the area. The district has often been described as Nigeria’s most desirable place to live in.

Getting around

Asokoro nears Abuja Central Area to the north west, Guzape to the south and Garki to the west. Major roads include Murtala Mohammed Expressway, Yakubu Gowon Crescent, Shehu Shagari Way and Ahmadu Bello Way.

Land and houses in Asokoro

The Asokoro neighborhood has excellent infrastructure. The area is very peaceful and boasts some of the nicest views of Abuja city. Easy access too many of Abuja’s important landmarks makes it a prime location. The area is one of the safest parts of Nigeria.
The district is an extremely popular place to stay for those with deeper pockets. Being an affluent district land and houses in Asokoro, like its neighbor Maitama, are among the most expensive in Abuja.

Depending on the purpose, location and size: plots of land can go for well over 1 billion naira. Homes in Asokoro are some of the most exquisite in the whole country.

This shows that you are an new immigrant to the fct.
Good road and flower trip you
Re: Is Asokoro, Abuja The Best Precinct In West Africa? (Pictures) by samwash(m): 7:53pm On Apr 03, 2022
Yes Abj is a beautiful place, thanks to El-rufai that really work to achieve it's master plan.
Funny enough the government has not really use 1/10th of Abj master plan.
If you are looking for very beautiful cties in Africa, go up North.
For those of you bad mouthing the Op, as if na him cause the problem when befall you. How many properties you get for the so called African countries you dey hype, when you don't even own a property in abj.

4 Likes

Re: Is Asokoro, Abuja The Best Precinct In West Africa? (Pictures) by BigIyanga: 7:53pm On Apr 03, 2022
Asokoro with no functioning street lights? No ruuning water?

2 Likes

Re: Is Asokoro, Abuja The Best Precinct In West Africa? (Pictures) by jrusky(m): 7:54pm On Apr 03, 2022
You mean Asokoro I'm right now or another one in the space?

2 Likes

Re: Is Asokoro, Abuja The Best Precinct In West Africa? (Pictures) by davidque: 7:54pm On Apr 03, 2022
Nothing special about Asokoro o.

2 Likes

Re: Is Asokoro, Abuja The Best Precinct In West Africa? (Pictures) by executive12: 7:54pm On Apr 03, 2022
ibechris:
A friend of mine who lived in Germany for several years came back and we both visited a place in Maitama and he asked where is this? and i answered that its Maitama and he just hissed.

See his reply,this place looks iike where the poor people in Germany live.

Asokoro,maitama and Wuse 2 are all over rated.

Either you are lying or your friend lied. Maitama and Asokoro are nice and clean and definitely do not look like where poor people live in developed countries, including Germany.

6 Likes

Re: Is Asokoro, Abuja The Best Precinct In West Africa? (Pictures) by KingAzubuike(f): 7:55pm On Apr 03, 2022
CSTRR:
Apart from Capetown and north African capitals,there is no where else on the continent as beautiful as Abuja.

Nigeria is poorly governed but truth has to be said.

They wasted our resources lavishly on Abuja.
All this aboki people who have never visited other states outside Abuja . So if Abuja is very beautiful, what will you say about places like VGC, Chevron drive, lakowe etc
Re: Is Asokoro, Abuja The Best Precinct In West Africa? (Pictures) by KingAzubuike(f): 7:58pm On Apr 03, 2022
jrusky:
You mean Asokoro I'm right now or another one in the space?
Even me I tire for the boy lol
Re: Is Asokoro, Abuja The Best Precinct In West Africa? (Pictures) by Acidosis(m): 8:01pm On Apr 03, 2022
Abuja, the corruption capital of the world. The place where destinies of over 100 million people are destroyed by babariga-wearing bas.tards.

10 Likes

Re: Is Asokoro, Abuja The Best Precinct In West Africa? (Pictures) by Bobbyjay001(m): 8:04pm On Apr 03, 2022
Same Asokoro where I used to buy mamaput, abi?
Re: Is Asokoro, Abuja The Best Precinct In West Africa? (Pictures) by Fahdiga(m): 8:04pm On Apr 03, 2022
Penguin2:
Abuja is masterfully planned.

Whichever perspective you want to look at it, the relocation of Nigerian Seat of Government to Abuja is justified.

Imagine Lagos, with all its chaos and gridlocks, was still the Federal Capital Territory…

It’s just better imagined undecided
You can say that again
Re: Is Asokoro, Abuja The Best Precinct In West Africa? (Pictures) by OBTMOS(m): 8:05pm On Apr 03, 2022
Go and see what they are doing in Guzape op

2 Likes

Re: Is Asokoro, Abuja The Best Precinct In West Africa? (Pictures) by AFONJAPIG(m): 8:06pm On Apr 03, 2022
This Asokoro can't match Deira the place Uae residence considers as slum
Re: Is Asokoro, Abuja The Best Precinct In West Africa? (Pictures) by NaijaNaWaa: 8:09pm On Apr 03, 2022
Penguin2:
Abuja is masterfully planned.

Whichever perspective you want to look at it, the relocation of Nigerian Seat of Government to Abuja is justified.

Imagine Lagos, with all its chaos and gridlocks, was still the Federal Capital Territory…

It’s just better imagined undecided
If 10% of the funds wasted in Abuja was invested in Lagos, Dubai would have little to boast over it. If you knew Lagos, you should understand that Abuja is a makeshift city with good roads.

2 Likes

Re: Is Asokoro, Abuja The Best Precinct In West Africa? (Pictures) by Hezmatosky: 8:10pm On Apr 03, 2022
And so fvckin what? You dey one spot take hundred pictures. If good as you said a full grown man will go market go buy palm oil for gallon. And e no even full sef undecided
Re: Is Asokoro, Abuja The Best Precinct In West Africa? (Pictures) by iLoveYouToo(m): 8:10pm On Apr 03, 2022
SarkinYarki:
The same asokoro we know ? cheesy

With them old houses undecided

…but it’s alright though, depending on the part of Asokoro you live at
Re: Is Asokoro, Abuja The Best Precinct In West Africa? (Pictures) by foreshore(m): 8:12pm On Apr 03, 2022
Thamesbridge:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rONFL-oCGk

Neighborhood overview

The Asokoro area is an attractive, highly developed phase 1 district in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) Abuja. It is an exclusive, upper class neighborhood that houses many important local and international institutions.
Embassies and state house lodges are scattered all around the neighborhood. Nigeria’s Presidential complex known as “Aso Villa” and the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) Secretariat are both found in the district.

Other places of interest include Glamour Lounge and the National Children’s Park & Zoo.

Many of Nigeria’s high net worth individuals live in Asokoro including business magnets,
celebrities and top government officials. Despite being a primarily residential district there is selected commercial activity.
The neighborhood hosts several high-class shops and restaurants. A number of Abuja’s best hotels are also sited in the area. The district has often been described as Nigeria’s most desirable place to live in.

Getting around

Asokoro nears Abuja Central Area to the north west, Guzape to the south and Garki to the west. Major roads include Murtala Mohammed Expressway, Yakubu Gowon Crescent, Shehu Shagari Way and Ahmadu Bello Way.

Land and houses in Asokoro

The Asokoro neighborhood has excellent infrastructure. The area is very peaceful and boasts some of the nicest views of Abuja city. Easy access too many of Abuja’s important landmarks makes it a prime location. The area is one of the safest parts of Nigeria.
The district is an extremely popular place to stay for those with deeper pockets. Being an affluent district land and houses in Asokoro, like its neighbor Maitama, are among the most expensive in Abuja.

Depending on the purpose, location and size: plots of land can go for well over 1 billion naira. Homes in Asokoro are some of the most exquisite in the whole country.

Na just road you dey show us
Re: Is Asokoro, Abuja The Best Precinct In West Africa? (Pictures) by stasius: 8:13pm On Apr 03, 2022
El Rufai finished work in Abuja as minister of FCT!
Re: Is Asokoro, Abuja The Best Precinct In West Africa? (Pictures) by SeriouslySense(m): 8:13pm On Apr 03, 2022
Abuja is over hyped.
Maynman:
Doesn’t look enticing atall. If that’s the country standard then darn, that’s low.
Re: Is Asokoro, Abuja The Best Precinct In West Africa? (Pictures) by Nobody: 8:13pm On Apr 03, 2022
Mediocrity!
Re: Is Asokoro, Abuja The Best Precinct In West Africa? (Pictures) by SeriouslySense(m): 8:14pm On Apr 03, 2022
Exactly, most places in Nigeria look worse than war zones, so when they see a little order they overhyped it. Ordinary Cities in the world are better than Abuja. wink wink wink

Franking:
In decent countries, even South Africa, there are many places like this. Unfortunately for Nigeria only a few people enjoy such places.

Sandton in Joburg is fine and desirable but there are many decent places like it too.

1 Like

Re: Is Asokoro, Abuja The Best Precinct In West Africa? (Pictures) by Usmankno: 8:16pm On Apr 03, 2022
I need a job in Abuja pls,Asokoro to be precise..
Re: Is Asokoro, Abuja The Best Precinct In West Africa? (Pictures) by APOSTLECHUMA: 8:16pm On Apr 03, 2022
THAT YOUR ASOKORO OR WHAT EVER THE NEW IS, IS THE BACK YARD OF ABIDJAN IVORY COAST.
Re: Is Asokoro, Abuja The Best Precinct In West Africa? (Pictures) by Maobichek: 8:21pm On Apr 03, 2022
TooMuchStuff:
Visit Jabi and WuseII that's the face of New Abuja

Give it to Wuse 2 ok, Jabi is good but Wuse 2 is far better in everything.
Re: Is Asokoro, Abuja The Best Precinct In West Africa? (Pictures) by GardenOfGod(m): 8:23pm On Apr 03, 2022
This people are funny.. Uploading street with trees is what makes Asokoro beautiful. cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

A Tour In The New Lagos To Ibadan Train, So Beautiful / Japa: 10 Countries People NEVER Regret And REGRET Moving To / Drone Shots Of Second Phase Road Of Ikirun-Ila-Odo Road (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.