Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,084 members, 7,814,750 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:55 PM

Foods That Weakens The Bone....read And Take Note - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Foods That Weakens The Bone....read And Take Note (510 Views)

My Younger Brother Is A Bone In Our Throat. Pls Help! / Please Read And Advice. / I Had A Child With My Brother's Ex Wife. Please Read And Advice Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Foods That Weakens The Bone....read And Take Note by babaalagbo11(m): 11:44pm On Apr 03, 2022
Calcium rich foods as well as their osteoporosis fighting side kick vitamin D,are needed for strong bone... however excessively salty snacks,sugary meal and beverages that hinder the bone from absorbing calcium should be avoided....to prevent Arthritis or Rheumatism now or later in life...

1.Alcohol
Excessive alcohol intake promote reduction in bone growth,fracture healing and fracture itself is alcohol... excessive intake can affect you now or be detrimental to your health now or later in life.

2.High sodium intake
You should reduce your salt intake,as the more salt you take,the more calcium you lose.if you consume salt too much you're probe to bone thining, osteoporosis and bone destruction.

3.caffeine
It leaches calcium from the bones and lower bine strength...to avoid osteoporosis,drink decaffeinated tea or coffee

4.legumes
Leguminous foods like beans,pea and nuts consumption should be reduced or avoided because they contain phytates....and this can prevent body from absorbing body building calcium

5. Sugary snacks
Sugar is a bone weakening substance, thus eating too much sugar can put you might put you at risk of bone injury...if you want to have a healthy bone you should avoid sugar by all means.

6.Red meat
Excessive red meat consumption can deplete calcium level in your bone, that's why I recommend wara and fish for my elderly patients....if you have bone problem limit it to 2times per week in smaller amount or avoid it totally

7.Soda
Experts claims that drinking seven or more soda drink per week is linked to decrease in bone mineral density and increased risk of fracture.they have a lot of sugar in them which might harm your bones. Any type of soda whether normal or diet should be avoided cola or non-cola, caffeinated or caffeine free should be avoided....

If you're suffering from any bones problem, Arthritis, rheumatism or osteoporosis.... check my signature or profile... remember health is wealth
Re: Foods That Weakens The Bone....read And Take Note by Polynek(m): 12:55am On Apr 04, 2022
If we avoid all dix food u mentioned, den tell me wetin we go chop?

1 Like

Re: Foods That Weakens The Bone....read And Take Note by PlaysNigeria: 1:01am On Apr 04, 2022
Polynek:
If we avoid all dix food u mentioned, den tell me wetin we go chop?
The typical Nigerian wetin i go chop mentality, like you really eat good. Tell me when last you took a good chunk of red meat or when last you've taken soda.

Re: Foods That Weakens The Bone....read And Take Note by Polynek(m): 1:10am On Apr 04, 2022
PlaysNigeria:

The typical Nigerian wetin i go chop mentality, like you really eat good. Tell me when last you took a good chunk of red meat or when last you've taken soda.
I don't even know all dix food u jox mentioned, how do they look like?
Re: Foods That Weakens The Bone....read And Take Note by babajero(m): 1:42am On Apr 04, 2022
I am eating what my forefathers ate, they didn't have time with all these eat this, don't eat that and still they lived to clock 100.
Re: Foods That Weakens The Bone....read And Take Note by flames007(m): 7:25am On Apr 04, 2022
it was going well until you mentioned legumes. Even red meat is good for the body, just that should be moderated.
In fact, every thing on this list can be taken safely when in moderation.
Re: Foods That Weakens The Bone....read And Take Note by flames007(m): 7:25am On Apr 04, 2022
it was going well until you mentioned legumes. Even red meat is good for the body, just that should be moderated.
In fact, every thing on this list(except sugar) can be taken safely when in moderation
Re: Foods That Weakens The Bone....read And Take Note by babaalagbo11(m): 4:07am On Apr 24, 2022
If you're experiencing mild,moderate or excruciating bone or joints pain,or you have an elderly parents or people around you with osteoporosis or arthritis and Rheumatism,dm me for complete cure and instructions to follow strictly during the course of taking the herbs...

(1) (Reply)

Two Women In My Compound Are Using Songs To Indirectly Fight Themselves / House Clearance Sales!!! / 5 Money Mistakes Nigerian Girls Make

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.