Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,857 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:44 AM

NIN-SIM Linkage: FG Directs Telcos To Bar Outgoing Calls On Unlinked Lines - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / NIN-SIM Linkage: FG Directs Telcos To Bar Outgoing Calls On Unlinked Lines (20477 Views)

FG Directs Telcos To Reverse 10% Increase In Calls, Data Tariffs / Telcos To Block Millions From Mobile Banking Over Banks Debt / Leaked Memo Shows Banks Asked Telcos To Charge For USSD (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: FG Directs Telcos To Bar Outgoing Calls On Unlinked Lines by Nobody: 9:37am On Apr 04, 2022
End of the road.

2 Likes

Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: FG Directs Telcos To Bar Outgoing Calls On Unlinked Lines by ignis: 9:37am On Apr 04, 2022
Misplaced priorities

1 Like

Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: FG Directs Telcos To Bar Outgoing Calls On Unlinked Lines by phr0nesis(m): 9:38am On Apr 04, 2022
Kazeem47:
Will they block the calls from bandits demanding for ransom?Or have the bandits link their Sim to their NIN too?
You want them to block themselves?

2 Likes

Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: FG Directs Telcos To Bar Outgoing Calls On Unlinked Lines by SenecaTheYonger: 9:39am On Apr 04, 2022
LeoDeKing:
I thought the deadline for this NIN-SIM linkage thingy has elapsed.

What is this I'm reading here again?

So Nigerians have not finished linking their SIM with their NIN all these while? What does it even take to get this done? Is it not just a text message? That's just what I did, or is there something else in addition?

It’s not working for some people. I’ve tried probably like 10 times and mine won’t link

1 Like

Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: FG Directs Telcos To Bar Outgoing Calls On Unlinked Lines by Nobody: 9:39am On Apr 04, 2022
Good, this will help in tracking kidnappers...block those that refuse to link their lines.
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: FG Directs Telcos To Bar Outgoing Calls On Unlinked Lines by Nobody: 9:40am On Apr 04, 2022
Kazeem47:
Will they block the calls from bandits demanding for ransom?Or have the bandits link their Sim to their NIN too?

Bandits may use their victim's phones, or someone else's phone, or even buy a line that has been registered.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: FG Directs Telcos To Bar Outgoing Calls On Unlinked Lines by moodyguy: 9:45am On Apr 04, 2022
PStacks:
Na Today?
If You like switch off all the Networks in Nigeria, Terrorist go still Terrorise. Kidnapers go still kidnap.

Useless government leaving Substance chasing shadows busy doing nothing
Pesssimist
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: FG Directs Telcos To Bar Outgoing Calls On Unlinked Lines by emirp: 9:46am On Apr 04, 2022
Akwamkpuruamu:

How many bandits do u know that have been caught through NIN/SIM linkage? All na wash
[quote author=kingscare1 post=111630894]It's a good thing in disguise.
That would stop using untraceable or unlinked or unrecognized numbers to do heinous crimes. To be frank with you, forget government incompetency, it's for a stronger national security and to stop crime.

When one does crime with a linked line, they security agency will catch the person through the recognised lines, if you escape, the catch your frequent calls or next of kin.

For me, it's good. All natural waste of time
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: FG Directs Telcos To Bar Outgoing Calls On Unlinked Lines by Shadysen: 9:47am On Apr 04, 2022
kingscare1:
It's a good thing in disguise.
That would stop using untraceable or unlinked or unrecognized numbers to do heinous crimes. To be frank with you, forget government incompetency, it's for a stronger national security and to stop crime.

When one does crime with a linked line, they security agency will catch the person through the recognised lines, if you escape, the catch your frequent calls or next of kin.

For me, it's good.
na confirm trash u de yarn so.

2 Likes

Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: FG Directs Telcos To Bar Outgoing Calls On Unlinked Lines by Shadysen: 9:50am On Apr 04, 2022
Let them start with mine, I link no shit, foolish people, leave normal matter on ground and chase shallows

1 Like

Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: FG Directs Telcos To Bar Outgoing Calls On Unlinked Lines by moodyguy: 9:52am On Apr 04, 2022
SenecaTheYonger:

It’s not working for some people. I’ve tried probably like 10 times and mine won’t link
Download NIMC app on playstore
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: FG Directs Telcos To Bar Outgoing Calls On Unlinked Lines by GreyLaw(m): 9:52am On Apr 04, 2022
kingscare1:

For me, it's good.

Doesn't stop real criminals. What stops them from stealing people's phones and using the lines? Moreover, the government also pays ransom to these guys so who are they deceiving. It will help catch low level criminals. The bandits and high end criminals have government contacts and will keep going scot free until Nigeria gets it right.
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: FG Directs Telcos To Bar Outgoing Calls On Unlinked Lines by YoungBlackRico(m): 9:56am On Apr 04, 2022
'Outgoing Calls' impressive
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: FG Directs Telcos To Bar Outgoing Calls On Unlinked Lines by Tundex911: 9:57am On Apr 04, 2022
Still I no go register this shit called NIN, that reminds me to those of una wey don receive the Covid-19 jab what if this administration talk say na death jab and una get 5years to live how many of us gonna remain on Earth??

Starting from my side, I go dey alive tho

What about you
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: FG Directs Telcos To Bar Outgoing Calls On Unlinked Lines by AFONJAPIG(m): 10:01am On Apr 04, 2022
Imagine .... as if it will stop fulani terrorist from causing havoc, buhari is a disaster, a cancer

1 Like

Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: FG Directs Telcos To Bar Outgoing Calls On Unlinked Lines by Jerrysmallz: 10:04am On Apr 04, 2022
vibbb:
Shameless set of people with zero priority and policy - Naija airlines double tickets price, they did nothing about it - Dollar is now very much comfortable at #570, they did noting about it - Private business owners are now folding up because of cost in running their production via outrageous price of diesel, they did nothing about it - Economy of the nation declined by 21% daily, they did nothing about it - Security and well being of Nigerians are threatened daily, they did nothing about it - They only thing all this clueless people can talk about is how to block ppls line - What a shame!!

All these things you spoke about fall under 4 ministries. Now we have about 21 ministries. According to you all other ministries and their ministers should do nothing because we have these problems
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: FG Directs Telcos To Bar Outgoing Calls On Unlinked Lines by EmekaBlue(m): 10:06am On Apr 04, 2022
I never do my own

Let's see
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: FG Directs Telcos To Bar Outgoing Calls On Unlinked Lines by Premiumwriter: 10:07am On Apr 04, 2022
kingscare1:

For me, it's good.
what's yo stop kidnappers from collecting victims phones to call?

It's all nonsense if you think it properly.

What they should have done was to install security cameras. They didn't.

They should have armed forces patrolling the rail ways and other hot spots.

They won't do that.

They know where these kidnappers lodge in the forest, nothing is done about it.

But hey, sim linked with NIN will solve all the problems. Bunch of fo0ls in power

1 Like

Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: FG Directs Telcos To Bar Outgoing Calls On Unlinked Lines by seyz91(m): 10:07am On Apr 04, 2022
So with all problem ravaging the country na Sim-NIN Linkage be their priority!

Mumu leaders and government! undecided

Incompetents lots!
adenigga:

Source: https:///NIN-SIM-Linkage-FG-Directs-Telcos-To-Bar-Outgoing-Calls-On-Unlinked-Lines
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: FG Directs Telcos To Bar Outgoing Calls On Unlinked Lines by akpunda86: 10:08am On Apr 04, 2022
adenigga:

Source: https:///NIN-SIM-Linkage-FG-Directs-Telcos-To-Bar-Outgoing-Calls-On-Unlinked-Lines

No sane Kidnapper calls you with his number,They call you with Victims Number We as a country should be talking of how to be tracking a number and with inbuilt GPS devices for easy tracking,Problem is that we have many unprofessional in Nigeria govt IT sector

1 Like

Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: FG Directs Telcos To Bar Outgoing Calls On Unlinked Lines by techWriter3: 10:11am On Apr 04, 2022
politicians is a catastrophes
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: FG Directs Telcos To Bar Outgoing Calls On Unlinked Lines by Prolificgiant(m): 10:11am On Apr 04, 2022
The telecommucation company ought to automatically link every number to NIN and free people of unnecessary stress

1 Like

Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: FG Directs Telcos To Bar Outgoing Calls On Unlinked Lines by superCleanworks(m): 10:12am On Apr 04, 2022
Will they ban Whatsapp calls?
All the voip calls?
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: FG Directs Telcos To Bar Outgoing Calls On Unlinked Lines by Premiumwriter: 10:12am On Apr 04, 2022
akpunda86:

No sane Kidnapper calls you with his number,They call you with Victims Number We as a country should be talking of how to be tracking a number and with inbuilt GPS devices for easy tracking,Problem is that we have many unprofessional in Nigeria govt IT sector
seriously.

How do you imagine that a kidnapper will use his own sim card to call for ransom?

Ordinary truecaller will do this thing they are spending billions upon.

The north is suffocating us with ignorance. To think they are applauding pantami for this nonsense

2 Likes

Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: FG Directs Telcos To Bar Outgoing Calls On Unlinked Lines by Theunbothered: 10:14am On Apr 04, 2022
kingscare1:

For me, it's good.
NaughtyBrainiac:
I believe they had to take this decision because of the rising insecurity.

It will help alleviate the problem of insecurity.

Name one criminal caught with the NIN
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: FG Directs Telcos To Bar Outgoing Calls On Unlinked Lines by Bauer1: 10:15am On Apr 04, 2022
adenigga:

A country where nothing works. I called MTN recently because more than a year after receiving confirmation of my SIM-NIN linkage, my calls were still being delayed by that voice telling me to link my sim. Their response was that, although I had done the linkage, NIMC was yet to confirm. A whole year later! Terrible.

3 Likes

Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: FG Directs Telcos To Bar Outgoing Calls On Unlinked Lines by SlayQueenSlayer(m): 10:18am On Apr 04, 2022
kingscare1:

For me, it's good.

Catch your frequent call or next of kin for which crime and whose crime?
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: FG Directs Telcos To Bar Outgoing Calls On Unlinked Lines by NaughtyBrainiac: 10:20am On Apr 04, 2022
Theunbothered:

Name one criminal caught with the NIN
Criminals have not been perpetrating crimes with lines linked to NIN because the lines they use have not been linked and those lines have been working.

They will now be handicapped because those lines will stop working and they will begin to seek alternatives.
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: FG Directs Telcos To Bar Outgoing Calls On Unlinked Lines by akpunda86: 10:22am On Apr 04, 2022
Premiumwriter:
seriously.

How do you imagine that a kidnapper will use his own sim card to call for ransom?

Ordinary truecaller will do this thing they are spending billions upon.

The north is suffocating us with ignorance. To think they are applauding pantami for this nonsense

Bro I tell u.Nigeria would have been great if this Northerners are excluded but sometimes I remember some intelligent wizard Northerners I have worked with,sometimes I believe their religion clouds their mind but I still see Intelligent Moslems,so is like we are engaged with many Almajiri graduates that are ignorant.
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: FG Directs Telcos To Bar Outgoing Calls On Unlinked Lines by SenecaTheYonger: 10:22am On Apr 04, 2022
moodyguy:
Download NIMC app on playstore

Thanks. I just downloaded the app and it shows my sim has been linked long ago

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Fake Your Phone's Gpu To Play Incompatible Games Like Fifa 16, God Fire, / How I Rescued My Mobile Contacts From Armed Bandits / BBM Pin No Longer Private

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.