Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,305 members, 7,836,330 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:08 AM

NIN-SIM Linkage: FG Directs Telcos To Bar Outgoing Calls On Unlinked Lines - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / NIN-SIM Linkage: FG Directs Telcos To Bar Outgoing Calls On Unlinked Lines (20494 Views)

FG Directs Telcos To Reverse 10% Increase In Calls, Data Tariffs / Telcos To Block Millions From Mobile Banking Over Banks Debt / Leaked Memo Shows Banks Asked Telcos To Charge For USSD (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: FG Directs Telcos To Bar Outgoing Calls On Unlinked Lines by Gireiboy(m): 10:22am On Apr 04, 2022
Akwamkpuruamu:

How many bandits do u know that have been caught through NIN/SIM linkage? All na wash
What if the bandits refuse to link there Sim with NIN just like you.
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: FG Directs Telcos To Bar Outgoing Calls On Unlinked Lines by orumba(m): 10:23am On Apr 04, 2022
What is now the initial purpose of nin-sim link,
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: FG Directs Telcos To Bar Outgoing Calls On Unlinked Lines by Gireiboy(m): 10:24am On Apr 04, 2022
GreyLaw:

Doesn't stop real criminals. What stops them from stealing people's phones and using the lines? Moreover, the government also pays ransom to these guys so who are they deceiving. It will help catch low level criminals. The bandits and high end criminals have government contacts and will keep going scot free until Nigeria gets it right.
How do you suggest we get it right?
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: FG Directs Telcos To Bar Outgoing Calls On Unlinked Lines by akpunda86: 10:24am On Apr 04, 2022
NaughtyBrainiac:
Criminals have not been perpetrating crimes with lines linked to NIN because the lines they use have not been linked and those lines have been working.

They will now be handicapped because those lines will stop working and they will begin to seek alternatives.

What alternative using victims phone numbers,abeg PANTAMI is an illiterate Graduate
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: FG Directs Telcos To Bar Outgoing Calls On Unlinked Lines by Lightorder: 10:26am On Apr 04, 2022
Kazeem47:
Will they block the calls from bandits demanding for ransom?Or have the bandits link their Sim to their NIN too?
they will definitely not

1 Like

Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: FG Directs Telcos To Bar Outgoing Calls On Unlinked Lines by Nobody: 10:27am On Apr 04, 2022
Kazeem47:
Will they block the calls from bandits demanding for ransom?Or have the bandits link their Sim to their NIN too?
Pantami isn't targeting bandits, he's targeting Nigerians. Bandits/Kidnappers ordinarily put calls through to victims families via victim's phone to avoid traces, it is an open secret. What's most obtainable in Nigeria is phone and not sim tracking. Reason why the Nigerian security services can easy track a stolen/compromised phone by the amount of sim cards placed in the sim tray but not vice-versa, i.e. the amount of phones a sim card has been inserted on. Even your mobile service provider will always ask you the make and type of device you use whenever you complain of a service short coming because they damn don't know!

Long story cut short: Glo doesn't know the device your sim card is placed on but Samsung, iPhone and any other phone that is smart knows you are using a Glo sim. While some will outrightly display your details (phone number) on-screen, others are more discreet. Pantami is taking the bull by the tail.

2 Likes

Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: FG Directs Telcos To Bar Outgoing Calls On Unlinked Lines by Theunbothered: 10:29am On Apr 04, 2022
NaughtyBrainiac:
Criminals have not been perpetrating crimes with lines linked to NIN because the lines they use have not been linked and those lines have been working.

They will now be handicapped because those lines will stop working and they will begin to seek alternatives.

Okay assuming they link it how will the police know that particular individual is a criminal and find them?

NaughtyBrainiac it has been over two hours and you have not answered my question

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: FG Directs Telcos To Bar Outgoing Calls On Unlinked Lines by Theunbothered: 10:30am On Apr 04, 2022
Gireiboy:

If they link is there a special signal that identifies bandits?
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: FG Directs Telcos To Bar Outgoing Calls On Unlinked Lines by Crafteck1: 10:31am On Apr 04, 2022
LeoDeKing:
I thought the deadline for this NIN-SIM linkage thingy has elapsed.

What is this I'm reading here again?

So Nigerians have not finished linking their SIM with their NIN all these while? What does it even take to get this done? Is it not just a text message? That's just what I did, or is there something else in addition?

It takes trusting the system, do you trust pantami
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: FG Directs Telcos To Bar Outgoing Calls On Unlinked Lines by Theunbothered: 10:33am On Apr 04, 2022
Crafteck1:

It takes trusting the system, do you trust pantami

Why would anyone trust a terrorist sympathiser.

Also the fact that this is coming after the Kaduna train attack is suspicious.

1 Like

Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: FG Directs Telcos To Bar Outgoing Calls On Unlinked Lines by Marvins009: 10:34am On Apr 04, 2022
Kazeem47:

There line will also be link to there nin lol

1 Like

Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: FG Directs Telcos To Bar Outgoing Calls On Unlinked Lines by NaijaCoverBlog(m): 10:34am On Apr 04, 2022
Nawa o
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: FG Directs Telcos To Bar Outgoing Calls On Unlinked Lines by Moz22: 10:38am On Apr 04, 2022
kingscare1:
It's a good thing in disguise.
That would stop using untraceable or unlinked or unrecognized numbers to do heinous crimes. To be frank with you, forget government incompetency, it's for a stronger national security and to stop crime.

When one does crime with a linked line, they security agency will catch the person through the recognised lines, if you escape, the catch your frequent calls or next of kin.

For me, it's good.
are u Nigerian living in Nigeria?
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: FG Directs Telcos To Bar Outgoing Calls On Unlinked Lines by Moz22: 10:40am On Apr 04, 2022
Who even makes normal calls these days...? WhatsApp call is an alternative. Shebi na only outgoing calls them stop, Dem no stop internet service
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: FG Directs Telcos To Bar Outgoing Calls On Unlinked Lines by Femiwilli: 10:43am On Apr 04, 2022
Moz22:
Who even makes normal calls these days...? WhatsApp call is an alternative. Shebi na only outgoing calls them stop, Dem no stop internet service
Kidnapp advocate spotted
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: FG Directs Telcos To Bar Outgoing Calls On Unlinked Lines by kingslj: 10:44am On Apr 04, 2022
chatinent:
Well, enough time has been given. If you haven't linked till now, it's your fault.

Wrong, to link your NIN to SIM ...NIMC data base need to sync with all telcos database.

IS THIS WORKING from the NIMC END?
when they are using obsolete and outdated systems?.
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: FG Directs Telcos To Bar Outgoing Calls On Unlinked Lines by inoki247: 10:45am On Apr 04, 2022
kingscare1:
That would stop using untraceable or unlinked or unrecognized numbers to do heinous crimes. To be frank with you, forget government incompetency, it's for a stronger national security and to stop crime.

When one does crime with a linked line, they security agency will catch the person through the recognised lines, if you escape, the catch your frequent calls or next of kin.

For me, it's good.

lol unless say na olodo dey kidnap u can easily cross to Neighboring country nd buy dere sim wen u enta here the sim will roam him sef nd u recharge it u might be charged heavily buh na u know wetin u wan use am du.....

So the Nin linkage will jus mak people to use anoda Avenue e no fit stop anything....

Naturally ordinary sim registration is enough to get a culprit buh if sim registration no work I don't think Nin gt any role to play people will use anoda method....

And u people don forget say every kidnapped victim gt phone so dey can use dere phone number directly to contact derr family.....

Nin won't solve 1 percent of kidnapping so u guys should rest....

1 Like

Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: FG Directs Telcos To Bar Outgoing Calls On Unlinked Lines by akpunda86: 10:46am On Apr 04, 2022
adenigga:

Source: https:///NIN-SIM-Linkage-FG-Directs-Telcos-To-Bar-Outgoing-Calls-On-Unlinked-Lines

The source, who did not want to be mentioned, added that, “the wife of Inspector Kamarudeen was contacted with the phone number of one of the kidnapped victims.”

It was learnt that the kidnappers did not know that Bello is a police officer, as he was not in uniform or with any identity when he was picked up in the mosque.

“Most of us were scared when they kidnapped him; we didn’t want them to know he is a policeman. If they knew, they might have killed him over fear that he would aid their arrest,” another source stated.
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: FG Directs Telcos To Bar Outgoing Calls On Unlinked Lines by Moz22: 10:46am On Apr 04, 2022
Femiwilli:

Kidnapp advocate spotted
abi ode leleyi ni

1 Like

Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: FG Directs Telcos To Bar Outgoing Calls On Unlinked Lines by VULCAN(m): 10:47am On Apr 04, 2022
In trying to sound knowledgeable you exposed your ignorance.

No security agency in the world except for in Nigeria requires linking your personal details to your phone to apprehend criminals.

The call is made through a network and that number can be traced physically and the culprit arrested. All the numbers that have made or received calls to that line can be traced as well.

So linking NIN will help but it is not a prerequisite to catch a criminal. As of now any number can be traced to its physical location without NIN and the person arrested, infact that is what the police have been doing for years whenever they are ready to work

So whoever told you that you can only trace criminals when they link their phone to NIN knows nothing about mobile technology.

And by the way, there is nothing like an untraceable number, that somebody hides their number from you does not mean that they have hidden it from the network.

kingscare1:

For me, it's good.
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: FG Directs Telcos To Bar Outgoing Calls On Unlinked Lines by do4luv14(m): 10:47am On Apr 04, 2022
LeoDeKing:

So Nigerians have not finished linking their SIM with their NIN all these while? What does it even take to get this done? Is it not just a text message? That's just what I did, or is there something else in addition?

of the govt is/was serious, it should been a continuous exercise , cos every seconds and minutes a new line is issued, and more than a million people attends the military age of 18yrs

plus they should had put in place, a timeline to issued plastic cards, it's not rocket science printing plastic cards and with all the billions and millibudgeted for it,

BTW the Talcos are the ones that will lose greatly from it, will crime will spike6, and innocent people will be charged with nothing they knew of
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: FG Directs Telcos To Bar Outgoing Calls On Unlinked Lines by NinjaXmetahuman: 10:56am On Apr 04, 2022
Gireiboy:

you think bandits are calling with their personal number?
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: FG Directs Telcos To Bar Outgoing Calls On Unlinked Lines by Jostoman: 10:59am On Apr 04, 2022
chatinent:
Well, enough time has been given. If you haven't linked till now, it's your fault.
get out
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: FG Directs Telcos To Bar Outgoing Calls On Unlinked Lines by Rubbiish(m): 11:06am On Apr 04, 2022
kingscare1:

For me, it's good.
Kidnappers & criminals don't call with their phone! They make calls with victim phones. Same way armed robbers rob with peoples car.
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: FG Directs Telcos To Bar Outgoing Calls On Unlinked Lines by Akwamkpuruamu: 11:06am On Apr 04, 2022
Gireiboy:

Which makes it very useless
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: FG Directs Telcos To Bar Outgoing Calls On Unlinked Lines by Jostoman: 11:12am On Apr 04, 2022
LeoDeKing:

you people to send their personal information to PANTAMI
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: FG Directs Telcos To Bar Outgoing Calls On Unlinked Lines by Quodseverismete: 11:21am On Apr 04, 2022
Kazeem47:

This na 100million questions

My neighbor a retired Director of DSS was kidnapped on December 27th 2021. What surprised me was a ransom of ten million naira was paid into an account number that doesn't have BVN.and I asked what happened to deadline given for Bvn linkage, then I know say Nigeria na scam

1 Like

Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: FG Directs Telcos To Bar Outgoing Calls On Unlinked Lines by bizhop01: 11:24am On Apr 04, 2022
Federal government is a joke, MTN will never do that

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Long Lasting Battery? Things To Avoid While Charging / How To Fake Your Phone's Gpu To Play Incompatible Games Like Fifa 16, God Fire, / BBM Pin No Longer Private

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.