Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,724 members, 7,809,761 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:25 PM

How My Upholsterer Lost 15 Million Naira Contract Because Of Attitude - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How My Upholsterer Lost 15 Million Naira Contract Because Of Attitude (23521 Views)

Share Your Co-workers Attitude Towards You When You Resigned Or Been Sacked / Banks’ Contract Workers Rise To 46,235 / What Does It Mean To Be A Contract Staff? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How My Upholsterer Lost 15 Million Naira Contract Because Of Attitude by Goldbw122(m): 12:44pm On Apr 05, 2022
mrlycan:
Attitude they say is everything. Once you don't have it, forget it.

So I moved to this new apartment last year and the whole place was messed up 100% by the former occupant. So i called in my guy who is specialized in cabinets and other furniture works. He revamped the whole flat and my landlord was dazed.
So while he was working, on that same first day, my landlord connected him up with one of his friends. Mind you, he lives abroad and he only comes around spend few weeks and go back.

After few weeks he called him up that he has a job for him at ibadan to setup a flat, they guy said he doesnt travel to work elsewhere. I did not hear about this until 2 days ago.

So on friday, we bought two dogs in the house and my landlord needed a cage for the dogs so he asked to to sort it out. As usual i called him up, though i did not tell him the nature of the job cos one of the job was sensitive. So when he arrived, I told him we needed a cage for the dogs.
This guy just arranged cage as if a bingo dog want to live there. My landlord came out and saw the job but he complained that he needed something lovely for the dogs.
The guy replied that he doesnt even make cages for dogs and that if it wasnt for me that called him, he wont do such work. Temper flared and my landlord told him to leave.

During the time he was making the cage, My landlord was on a call cos he works for the state government. He just secured the furniture contract of 30 rooms in a guest house in the government house. It was around 15M +. He was hoping to give this my guy. Only for him to mess things up.

He showed me the call logs and i was speechless.
I havent told him cos we have not seen since then. This is a guy who has just a bike and a small shop. Someone that is still hussling saying he cant do this or that.

I learnt from his mistakes. If you know you have a profession, dont think their is a level at which you cant work anymore. Just because they give you repaid 2020 benz and above doesnt mean you should ignore someone that brings a 2004 model. Its your work, at least you will be paid.
Is it the material or the workmanship, which one is the 15m?
Re: How My Upholsterer Lost 15 Million Naira Contract Because Of Attitude by ejohn: 12:46pm On Apr 05, 2022
Good day man ,i am a furniture maker, could you pls connect me to your landlord for the job ,my number 07061545931,thanks
Re: How My Upholsterer Lost 15 Million Naira Contract Because Of Attitude by nairaman66(m): 12:47pm On Apr 05, 2022
sheanzy:
you are a full time imbeçíle

Says a brainless birdbrain! Did you ask if they gave this man an example of what they want? Most of you just jump into conclusion without thinking like men on heat. Mumu 70 years old man..
Re: How My Upholsterer Lost 15 Million Naira Contract Because Of Attitude by toloohthegreat: 12:50pm On Apr 05, 2022
You may as well be very correct. It does not make the OP wrong. The difference is the OP is a witness while you only speculate. In this regard, the OP's testimony is tenable while your position is reasonable.
However, I can affirm that opportunity like these come around occasionally and it's the big hit for some 'roadside' efficient artisans. So, still, let's learn from this issue.

nairaman66:
Sounds a bit tricky! Let me explain,

Your landlord would have called different carpenters and go through their invoices before picking one. This has nothing to do with pride.

Stating what he does and does not do is his right to freedom of expression of his work ethics. Your landlord is only looking for someone to ride on like a horse!

Conclusion, if your landlord would give a roadside carpenter a job for the government house, shows you how our government is being run. No disrespect to roadside carpenters, but a 15M job should be given to a reputable furniture company!!
Re: How My Upholsterer Lost 15 Million Naira Contract Because Of Attitude by Rescuemania(m): 12:52pm On Apr 05, 2022
I'm into clearing and forwarding business here in Tincan Apapa wharf Lagos, clearing of your consignments both roro and containerized is easy if you follow the right channel.
Whatsapp number-08106001579
Email-ajibowu20@gmail.com
Facebook-Ajibowu Bukola
Instagram-Harjhi
Office address-Blue glass building, coconut bus stop, Tincan, Apapa, Lagos.
Re: How My Upholsterer Lost 15 Million Naira Contract Because Of Attitude by Driggs: 12:52pm On Apr 05, 2022
Pascopele:
drop your number

091 3057 6357
Re: How My Upholsterer Lost 15 Million Naira Contract Because Of Attitude by nairaman66(m): 12:54pm On Apr 05, 2022
toloohthegreat:
You may as well be very correct. It does not make the OP wrong. The difference is the OP is a witness while you only speculate. In this regard, the OP's testimony is tenable while your position is reasonable.
However, I can affirm that opportunity like these come around occasionally and it's the big hit for some 'roadside' efficient artisans. So, still, let's learn from this issue.

My dear, as a lenient person and educated one as well. We must know that there are 3 sides to a story. The OP’s side, the carpenter and the truth. We cannot conclude with the OP’s testimony!

Did they give the said carpenter a template of what the dog cage should be? It is very hard for a worker to come to your compound and start raising voice etc. we have to put everything into consideration first before making conclusions!
Re: How My Upholsterer Lost 15 Million Naira Contract Because Of Attitude by OlujobaSamuel: 12:57pm On Apr 05, 2022
Having some principles as businessman isn't a bad thing.
Most of my customers knows I prefer fixed pricing than negotiate except you are buying bulk or we are discussing services.
Also, if I've closed for the day, just come back the next day, even if I made no sales all through that day, I won't because of that attend to you, except you are a regular customer that I know it's not usual of you to come at late hours.
In respect to your friend, his mistake was accepting the job, he should have turned it down. Also, was material and size not agreed with the landlord before embarking on the project?
On travelling for job, you don't know his experience, not everyone travels for job, so he is right to turn it down.
I have a friend that was almost kidnapped or robbed while on site. A guy that formed friendliness with them called them at midnight to ask where they were, he is not the house owner nor supervisor, so couldn't have called for their well being. The guy came to meet them in the morning to probe for where they slept that he wan com join them.
Re: How My Upholsterer Lost 15 Million Naira Contract Because Of Attitude by Salmoneus(m): 1:00pm On Apr 05, 2022
flames007:
As an upcoming millionaire that still has garri as a stable food, one thing i have in spades in the will to win. That alone give me an edge because i never give up, and you can't beat me if i won't flinch because i've seen poverty face to face.

i've done jobs i had no experience in at the time all because i said 'Yes, i can do it very well' and later learn how to do it. i'm yoruba, but i've learnt a lesson from my igbo brethen: NEVER EVER let a business go just because you lack the skill - negotiate first.

This attitude is what is killing us in Nigeria, everybody is a jack of all trades master of none and mediocrity becomes excellence...you can't drive a bus but you take the job when you kill people's children they will blame evil spirits.

2 Likes

Re: How My Upholsterer Lost 15 Million Naira Contract Because Of Attitude by Daradared2(f): 1:01pm On Apr 05, 2022
abeg. call this number 08050703517, 07068786196. na my husband be that. he is very good at his work. please help me link him up with your landlord, ASAP. Pleasessss!
Re: How My Upholsterer Lost 15 Million Naira Contract Because Of Attitude by Atolu01: 1:03pm On Apr 05, 2022
The tenant and so called Landlord are proud, condescending psychopaths. Why didn't you tell him the work he was to come for, beforehand, and ask if he could do it? He may have found it demeaning when he arrived. The so called Landlord only mentioned the so called contract so as to spite the carpenter further, in his absence. If he really objectively wanted to give the guy, he should have given him based on the good work he did, restoring a whole house; and not just based on a Dog cage he wasn't informed of. The fact that the so called tenant did not put in a kind word for his guy sef means he just wants to look down on the carpenter. Has he been rude or done a shabby job before? He could also have done the job properly sha. Then, complained after doing it. Or, declined to do it. Maybe that would have left a more presentable impression and helped him pass the so called invisible "test". Which one is "small shop" sef. Do you feed him? Wannabe god. MHO.

2 Likes

Re: How My Upholsterer Lost 15 Million Naira Contract Because Of Attitude by SFSNIPER(m): 1:05pm On Apr 05, 2022
Can you please connect me with your landlord?
I can deliver.

mrlycan:

So I moved to this new apartment last year and the whole place was messed up 100% by the former occupant. So i called in my guy who is specialized in cabinets and other furniture works. He revamped the whole flat and my landlord was dazed.
So while he was working, on that same first day, my landlord connected him up with one of his friends. Mind you, he lives abroad and he only comes around spend few weeks and go back.

After few weeks he called him up that he has a job for him at ibadan to setup a flat, they guy said he doesnt travel to work elsewhere. I did not hear about this until 2 days ago.

So on friday, we bought two dogs in the house and my landlord needed a cage for the dogs so he asked to to sort it out. As usual i called him up, though i did not tell him the nature of the job cos one of the job was sensitive. So when he arrived, I told him we needed a cage for the dogs.
This guy just arranged cage as if a bingo dog want to live there. My landlord came out and saw the job but he complained that he needed something lovely for the dogs.
The guy replied that he doesnt even make cages for dogs and that if it wasnt for me that called him, he wont do such work. Temper flared and my landlord told him to leave.

During the time he was making the cage, My landlord was on a call cos he works for the state government. He just secured the furniture contract of 30 rooms in a guest house in the government house. It was around 15M +. He was hoping to give this my guy. Only for him to mess things up.

I havent told him cos we have not seen since then. This is a guy who has just a bike and a small shop. Someone that is still hussling saying he cant do this or that.

I learnt from his mistakes. If you know you have a profession, dont think their is a level at which you cant work anymore. Just because they give you repaid 2020 benz and above doesnt mean you should ignore someone that brings a 2004 model. Its your work, at least you will be paid.
Re: How My Upholsterer Lost 15 Million Naira Contract Because Of Attitude by Bluntemperor: 1:08pm On Apr 05, 2022
Zonefree:
Carpenters
Tailors
Mechanics

I don't know the kind clay God used in moulding these set of people. Their attitude is something else.

They'll be complaining no work, at the same time, they'll be selecting work.

Please,add Transporters( Buses,Cabs,Mawa and Okada riders),they all have running mouths that those whom they should not abuse,they even cursed them!- there is a Spirit of violence and bad manners written over them that will not allow them to get the blessings,unless they change and repent!
Re: How My Upholsterer Lost 15 Million Naira Contract Because Of Attitude by lolu2019: 1:10pm On Apr 05, 2022
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Story

Wetin be your own na your own..if you like make you nor get character and better attitude
I pity u.dis same story happened to my former Oga.so full of pride.he won't even pick calls.unless when u r working for him.
Re: How My Upholsterer Lost 15 Million Naira Contract Because Of Attitude by Nobody: 1:13pm On Apr 05, 2022
Story for the gods
Re: How My Upholsterer Lost 15 Million Naira Contract Because Of Attitude by ucham: 1:15pm On Apr 05, 2022
The Zazu crooner portable, which attitude e get? Abegi make no man threaten another man. No man hold the key to another man's destiny.
Cow wey no get tail na God dey pursue fly for am.
Piss no get hand, e no get leg, yet e dey dig ground.

Ogbeni make the landlord go sidon. After all we never hear the carpenter own side of the story. The work of 15m no be favor. Na paid labour. If e easy make the landlord do am. Person wey no get self esteem go allow all these so called "big men" ride them all in the name of 'favour'.

Make the carpenter hold e skill, make the landlord hold e contract. Hunger no go kill the carpenter with him skill.
Re: How My Upholsterer Lost 15 Million Naira Contract Because Of Attitude by Jaqenhghar: 1:16pm On Apr 05, 2022
MoneyGoDrop:
He was given a second chance and he still messed it up. I hope he's attitude will make him rich.
There is a Hausa proverb; Arrogance is the crown of poverty
Re: How My Upholsterer Lost 15 Million Naira Contract Because Of Attitude by professore(m): 1:18pm On Apr 05, 2022
Lesson learnt
Re: How My Upholsterer Lost 15 Million Naira Contract Because Of Attitude by pendragon35(m): 1:28pm On Apr 05, 2022
nairaman66:

Your landlord would have called different carpenters and go through their invoices before picking one. This has nothing to do with pride.

Stating what he does and does not do is his right to freedom of expression of his work ethics. Your landlord is only looking for someone to ride on like a horse!

Conclusion, if your landlord would give a roadside carpenter a job for the government house, shows you how our government is being run. No disrespect to roadside carpenters, but a 15M job should be given to a reputable furniture company!!

Company aside here. He was referred base on competency? Okay what if he has a registered company already � or because he doesn't have a well furnished office? Calm down Boss man. He only passed a message!
Re: How My Upholsterer Lost 15 Million Naira Contract Because Of Attitude by Perfecttouchade: 1:34pm On Apr 05, 2022
Na Aluminium window fabrication I dey do o and attitude na pure humility o ...u fit check my threads for works wey I don do and deliver o
Re: How My Upholsterer Lost 15 Million Naira Contract Because Of Attitude by BigYash: 1:35pm On Apr 05, 2022
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Story

Wetin be your own na your own..if you like make you nor get character and better attitude
In other words " water wen person go drink,no dey flow pass am" He must see am drink..
Welcome back my nigga.. How d vacation go ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How My Upholsterer Lost 15 Million Naira Contract Because Of Attitude by otokx(m): 1:45pm On Apr 05, 2022
Dem full Nigeria

Someone asked me the other day and I just could not refer the artisan because of his lousy attitude.

Tomorrow they will say hungry full Nigeria.
Re: How My Upholsterer Lost 15 Million Naira Contract Because Of Attitude by nairaman66(m): 1:45pm On Apr 05, 2022
pendragon35:

Company aside here. He was referred base on competency? Okay what if he has a registered company already � or because he doesn't have a well furnished office? Calm down Boss man. He only passed a message!

He chastised the man because he refused to be dragged doing something he is not comfortable doing.

I only concluded that a contract worth 15M will be overwhelming for him. Because of he has a big shop with workers, he would have sent one of his boys to fix this cage.. Don’t you get my point??

1 Like

Re: How My Upholsterer Lost 15 Million Naira Contract Because Of Attitude by RoeEvi(m): 1:50pm On Apr 05, 2022
mrlycan:

Please is your landlord still searching for a furniture guy, my friend is into wood work and he does perfect jobs I can send you samples if you need.

Thanks a caring friend.
Re: How My Upholsterer Lost 15 Million Naira Contract Because Of Attitude by baralatie(m): 1:55pm On Apr 05, 2022
SarkinYarki:

I5 million contract is for the landlord not your friend ..there is no way your friend can make 500k from that cintrct
You get the issue here!

2 Likes

Re: How My Upholsterer Lost 15 Million Naira Contract Because Of Attitude by nurudeen181(m): 1:58pm On Apr 05, 2022
the job wasnt meant for him.. he fit get attitude though but the job no be him own.. and if na still him own, it will never pass him
Re: How My Upholsterer Lost 15 Million Naira Contract Because Of Attitude by Bus2: 2:12pm On Apr 05, 2022
Knew the story was fake immediately I read it. They want to order the artisans around like slaves and when they refuse to be bossed around, then they suddenly claim the artisan missed million dollar contract. Who gives N15m contract to a roadside carpenter who hasnt executed such magnitude of job before ?

nairaman66:

Re: How My Upholsterer Lost 15 Million Naira Contract Because Of Attitude by maasoap(m): 2:15pm On Apr 05, 2022
nairaman66:

That reputable furniture company would still employ those roadside carpenters to get the job done faster.
Re: How My Upholsterer Lost 15 Million Naira Contract Because Of Attitude by RedPilChurchBoy: 2:17pm On Apr 05, 2022
mrlycan:

I've also learnt from this story.

As a fashion designer I hate making clothes for kids. But I'm always quick to recognise the exceptions.
Re: How My Upholsterer Lost 15 Million Naira Contract Because Of Attitude by CoronaVirusPro: 2:23pm On Apr 05, 2022
When your village people are on your case, you cannot escape their wips
Re: How My Upholsterer Lost 15 Million Naira Contract Because Of Attitude by Cheeryfeet: 2:23pm On Apr 05, 2022
nairaman66:

And a reputable furniture company became one over night or it falls from the sky? Remember too the guys work is good from the work he did in his flat. That contract if done would make him become reputable furniture company Oga.
Re: How My Upholsterer Lost 15 Million Naira Contract Because Of Attitude by TruthUntold: 2:25pm On Apr 05, 2022
flames007:
As an upcoming millionaire that still has garri as a stable food, one thing i have in spades in the will to win. That alone give me an edge because i never give up, and you can't beat me if i won't flinch because i've seen poverty face to face.

i've done jobs i had no experience in at the time all because i said 'Yes, i can do it very well' and later learn how to do it. i'm yoruba, but i've learnt a lesson from my igbo brethen: NEVER EVER let a business go just because you lack the skill - negotiate first.
try accepting a programming job with no experience and #see something called negotiate. hm!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Labour Vows To Shutdown First Bank Over Plans To Sack Over 1000 Workers / Hilary Kelechi Madu Appointed NSCDC Acting Commandant-General As Gana Bows Out / Two Ghanaian Nurses Sacked For Ignoring Patients To Have A Facebook Live Session

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.