Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,208 members, 7,815,222 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:14 AM

Why is Yahoo no longer consider as a crime? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Why is Yahoo no longer consider as a crime? (3404 Views)

Is yahoo plus and money ritual real? Share your experience / Yahoo No Favour Me, I Quit!!! / "Firstson Kings Is Yahoo Boy, Used Blood Of Virgins" - Nwachukwu Jennifer Nazzy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why is Yahoo no longer consider as a crime? by matri6: 1:51pm On Apr 04, 2022
the rate at which yahoo is pervading through every fibre of our society today is quite alarming.
go to every cities and the smallest villages, you will always see a handful of yahoo boys.
though it has benefited those who indulge in it but, it is psychologically affecting those who tends to uphold dignity...the psychological effect as it is fondly called OPPRESSION.
the country is bleeding. poverty is busy crushing and frustrating the life of youths from humble background in a merciless manner.
as for the dude born from a poor background , no one care for him apart from his poor parents.
government doesn't care!
no good job. nothing nothing!
youths are finding ways to break free from shackle of poverty.
and this what gives birth to the influence of yahoo in our society.
but no! the youth aren't lazy. it's the system that doesn't work in favour of the youths from poor background.
no reasonable job to salvage them from poverty except those slavery labor work.
and in nigeria there is no helping culture. every dude for himself.

government? no help!
banks? no help!
family? no help!
friends? no help!
i often heard people say go learn online skill. but hardly do they know that most of the youths are so poor that they cant afford 3 square meal per day not to talk of acquiring a laptop, and then pay for online course and all that. Go to our campuses and witness this...and mind you not everyone is tech savvy.
Though I'm not in anyway supporting laziness but being factual.
and the funniest part is that it has becomes a norms in the society.
celebrity talks about it as norm.
musicans sing a praise of it.
comedians make a joke of it.
parents applauds their rich yahoo children.
religious leaders pray for and bless the yahoo guys who bring them gift.
the society is passing a message across and it's now getting clearer.

And as we've all known the society has made it legal that there is no punishable act for it.

so the yahoo boys can easily flaunt their riches without no questioning or consequences.
even the EFCC 'only' go after the biggest boys of which they can obtain some tangible substance.
i couldn't explain the feeling you have seeing your juniors and mates who even refuse to further their education building houses, buying luxurious cars and exotic phone. sincerely, you feel worthless and miserable.
my so called mates that indulge in it find it hard to relate with me cos of their new status.
in most communities the upright guys are seen as a persona non grata. the wealthy young youth are being praised.
i'm still a 200l undergraduate though. but who that epp in a decayed society?
even on campus nobody tends to celebrate academic excellence again.yahoo has taken that order.
it is now dawn on me, seeming that schooling is a waste of time.
afterall,our senior colleagues are out there jobless. then of course we knw our fate.

Even within the campus, I know the challenges poor upright guys face. Sometimes you go to lectures on empty stomach. Many are still at the mercy of the school cos they're yet to pay their fees.

Guys from humble background will relate better.

To get my message clearer. I'm in no way talking about the guys that are into rituals which they deceitfully called yahoo plus. My topic of discussion has nothing to do with yahoo plus. To be succinct.
Now we the so called upright guys are experiencing the bandwagon effect.

We are considering the second though every minutes.

We want to do it not just to feel among but because we want to wave a goodbye to poverty. Then after we've made it, we will stop it. Thereafter we will come back to our normal state of upright guys.

Well I'm writing from my own philosophical point of view. I'm neither supporting or opposing the practice. I'm neutral.

What is your view on this?
Or what is your own advice for the poor upright dude there considering a second thought?

16 Likes

Re: Why is Yahoo no longer consider as a crime? by Boogyman557: 1:53pm On Apr 04, 2022
Re: Why is Yahoo no longer consider as a crime? by matri6: 1:55pm On Apr 04, 2022
doctorolasdesk
Re: Why is Yahoo no longer consider as a crime? by Nobody: 1:57pm On Apr 04, 2022
Like if you think Yahoo is a crime,share if you think it is not.

10 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Why is Yahoo no longer consider as a crime? by HYDEEE: 3:11pm On Apr 04, 2022
Treasures of wickedness and ill-gotten gains have no lasting value.

Poverty is not a moral justification for thievery no matter how you spin it.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why is Yahoo no longer consider as a crime? by HYDEEE: 3:25pm On Apr 04, 2022
Likeandshare:
[s]Like if you think Yahoo is a crime,share if you think it is not.[/s]
If it is not a crime why do people get jailed or fined when found guilty in Nigeria?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why is Yahoo no longer consider as a crime? by Desperados(m): 4:16pm On Apr 04, 2022
Bro, nor do am cos e go push u to do mor negative tins nd involve ursef for wetin u nor lik (not plus only)

We hav been dere so i knw wetin i dey talk

learn sumtin or find any work do nd God go bless de legit works of ur hand.

4 Likes

Re: Why is Yahoo no longer consider as a crime? by matri6: 5:37pm On Apr 04, 2022
@ pansophist
Re: Why is Yahoo no longer consider as a crime? by pansophist(m): 6:58pm On Apr 04, 2022
Yahoo boys, pastors, prostitutes are all symptoms of a failed system, a destroyed culture, and a directionless future. It's easy to blame these boys, but where the work is, is for the leaders to lead by example without embezzling. It's heartbroken when you did all what society said you should do, such as going to school, but end up been paid an amount that can't buy a bag of rice.

Meanwhile, those without conscience are living large. Yahoo boys and oloshos are cashing out big time. It's heartbreaking. You're effectively punished for being good and living upright, so it's only a matter of time before you say, fork it, to hell with uprightness, let me join. Especially if you've lost your loved ones due to lack of funds.

It will actually get worse. This is nothing compared to what is yet to come. I remember ten years ago like it was yesterday. Nigeria was good, I mean good compare to now. One pounds (not dollar, euro, but pounds) was less than two hundred naira, now its pursuing eight hundred. So if you kept one million naira in the bank for example in Nigeria ten years ago, you're actually poorer and lost about 60% of your wealth.

A country where the future depreciates, instead of appreciate your assets is a failed society. Nigeria is dead long ago, but corpse normally doesn't smell immediately. Its smell badly and dangerously as times goes. From the constitution, the leaders, the amalgamation, it was set up to fail. Know this, accept it, or do something with it. But don't live in ignorance, its more dangerous. Nigeria, is, dead.

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why is Yahoo no longer consider as a crime? by Richardjcooper(m): 8:30pm On Apr 04, 2022
TL;DR
We’re at this point in our society because of the government. What is good is good, same goes for what is bad. I’m not going to come from the cliché angle that government has not provided the citizens with jobs, amenities and enabling environment for youths to succeed (which is true btw)

Sociologically, Nigeria is ruled based on greed. The youths see their government stealing, they also wish they can do same. It’s a multiplier effect. While it is not easy to get into the political space and be relevant (just to go and steal), it is rather quite easy for the young Nigerian to run scams and particularly get away with it. Men with great resolve have watered down their ego and are now a partaker in the multi billion dollar industry called “yahoo yahoo”.

We look up to our government for everything. The society tends to mirror government actions to whatever suits them. We believe in luck because hard work has consistently failed. It even seems foolish. It’s no news that there are more awaiting thieves waiting to get into power than the actual thieves stealing our commonwealth at the moment.

People have seen their elder siblings who finish from the university with a good grade sitting idle at home, then learning catering to not having sales. It’s a vicious cycle just in different forms. It’s natural instinct for people to tend to break away from the norm.

Like other social vices, this shows the decay in the society. Nigeria needs to change as a whole. Yahoo is not the only “epidemic” in the country. No sector or industry is performing optimally. If we want a better country that provides level playing field for all, we can try these seemingly difficult solutions. If we can’t make these solutions work, we perhaps have no hope as it would mean we have been totally defeated.

SOLUTIONS

- We as citizens of this country need to organize. We need to pick consensus candidates for all elected positions across the country. For this we might need a political party

- We need to be strong willed about changing the country as a whole

- Do NOT collect your PVC if you’re going to vote APC or PDP for any elected position

- Only cast your vote only for a consensus candidate outside the current main political parties

These might take more than 50 years to achieve but we can at least try. Power must always belong to the people

3 Likes

Re: Why is Yahoo no longer consider as a crime? by matri6: 8:35pm On Apr 04, 2022
lalasticlacla mynd44
Re: Why is Yahoo no longer consider as a crime? by BigYash: 9:28pm On Apr 04, 2022
Majority of Nigerian citizens appreciates people with money a lot. (Rich niggas)
So,they don't care how you got the fvcking money..

Many people you see criticising yahoo boys ,are into one fvcking fraud or the other too.
Almost everybody na criminal for this damn fvcking country.

If you think say na lie.. Ask people when dey sell for these stores/shops around...
Things no go add price, them go triple the fvcking prices ..
Them too dey into low key fraud.

Government just worst...
They are,Kidnappers,Bandits and Looters ..

Talk of security agents..
They are also fraudsters, stealing from innocent persons here and there.

The country is fvcked up big time ...

3 Likes

Re: Why is Yahoo no longer consider as a crime? by stacyadams: 1:51am On Apr 05, 2022
Desperados:
Bro, nor do am cos e go push u to do mor negative tins nd involve ursef for wetin u nor lik (not plus only)

We hav been dere so i knw wetin i dey talk

learn sumtin or find any work do nd God go bless de legit works of ur hand.

Can u shed more lights?
Re: Why is Yahoo no longer consider as a crime? by stacyadams: 1:53am On Apr 05, 2022
I go one party in Sunday,,see boiz drive convoy with correct benzez .. police carry gun follow body...nna men.money good walai.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why is Yahoo no longer consider as a crime? by 1stGenAmerican(f): 3:01am On Apr 05, 2022
I’m not in Nigeria but one can tell that there are those not concerned about eating or living better. Instead, they lust for greed and quick money to buy things that are out of place in their surroundings. It makes honest people feel inadequate for being honest. This greed and endless lust for material things has caused thugs to kidnap ordinary working citizens and do other evil.

3 Likes

Re: Why is Yahoo no longer consider as a crime? by Sammysolution: 5:31am On Apr 05, 2022
My brother, it's not poverty that makes so many people venture into yahoo most time, it's greediness, I know so many people who are doing well in their line of work, but are still doing yahoo, forget about society not been fair to anybody, it's lack of good home training, fear of God, dead conscience, bad company, feeling among, and again our love for free things in Nigeria, and my brother it's not easy stopping once you started it, because even those Yahoo kekeke guys, want to become agba yahoo, so my brother sane people still consider it a big crime, yahoo or cyber crime is a theif ,lier, rouge ,robber, 419, and sometimes a ritualist REPACKAGED.

2 Likes

Re: Why is Yahoo no longer consider as a crime? by Zulu2022: 7:00am On Apr 05, 2022
More of focus on the root, your politicians,y is it u guys take it as normal thing wen de loot,the will tell u the spend 40billion on cleaning road,u will only shout here nd continue supporting them,this are men on top place, looting ur parents gratuity nd pension,money meant to give u a better living,Las Las de go use am carry olosho,party nd buy bbn side chick big house ND car..abi na only yboys de bugga,ur politicians de bugga as well..yes yahoo is thriving but is not easy as u guys do tink,most guys no the press na pure ritual,as in nothing relate Dem with computer

1 Like

Re: Why is Yahoo no longer consider as a crime? by Nobody: 7:03am On Apr 05, 2022
Stupid dumb topic.
Re: Why is Yahoo no longer consider as a crime? by matri6: 7:24am On Apr 05, 2022
Fairmedia:
Stupid dumb topic.
well this might be the reasons why you can't relate to or grasp the contents of the post.
1) you are from a rich or

middle class family.
2) you don't reside in nigeria.

3) you are raised with a strong over-religious view.

4) you are too lazy to read the post.(you are only moved by the topic)

5) you find it hard to read and understand the post.

7 Likes

Re: Why is Yahoo no longer consider as a crime? by HYDEEE: 7:45am On Apr 05, 2022
matri6:

well this might be the reasons why you can't relate to or grasp the contents of the post.
1) you are from a rich or

middle class family.
2) you don't reside in nigeria.

3) you are raised with a strong over-religious view.

4) you are too lazy to read the post.(you are only moved by the topic)

5) you find it hard to read and understand the post.
Or he is living under a rock.

2 Likes

Re: Why is Yahoo no longer consider as a crime? by matri6: 8:01am On Apr 05, 2022
@ lalasticlacla
Re: Why is Yahoo no longer consider as a crime? by CaveAdullam: 8:44am On Apr 05, 2022
TL;DR: Life is a game of survival. Leaders should lead by good examples. Nature is at play.

1. The first thing you must take into cognizance is human behavior/psychology. The difference between us and other (lower) animals is our high mental capacity. Human and animal live is geared towards survival. Many a times if you watch national geographic you see animals eating their own species, fighting for their own species, neglecting their own species etc. Once you see this as a surviving instinct, then you will know that nature is neither good nor evil - this even dovetail with your last point, "you are neither for nor against yahoo yahoo (cybercrime)".

2. It is because of that high mental capacity that differs us from other animals that makes us behave in civilized manners. But deep within us, once our survival instinct becomes threatened, we take bold steps and do what's needful. And that's where crime and social vices come into place.

Rules and regulations are only prominent in the human animal kingdom because of our evolved (dangerous) instincts; anything goes in the jungle of lower animals. Rules and regulations are to checkmate these instincts for survival, however, you'll find out that once survival is of immediate paramountcy, humans or criminals do despicable, unspeakable and unimaginable acts.
These are genes that survived the cold, hot and bad terrains millions and millions of years ago, and they will go extra miles to keep surviving in the genetic pool. (Apology to those who aren't science inclined).

3. Poor nations and neighborhood has the highest level of crime because their survival is being threatened with hunger and resources needed for good living. Hence, they are taking criminal routes to assuage their poor conditions.

4. Everyone cannot play same card - some moral, immoral or amoral, but humans are a melange of all three, depending on their situation and environment. The painful thing or will I say the most funny, is that if you're smart and play immoral, you'll win and nobody will question you. An icing to the cake is when you help others that are below and hymns and bands will be played to your appraisal. Ditto when you play moral or amoral. Play smart and remain hidden is what is required.

Humans don't care about the process, what we care about is result + your philanthropy regardless of whether you're a Jew, a sinner or a Samaritan.

Motivational speech, sermons, laws, punishments can only go an extent. If our survival instincts drags along rough grounds and scratches on tough walls, crime upon crime and violence will be the order of the day.

5. As for Nigeria, I know it is a long dead country. I believe it died before existence. (As far as Nigeria is concerned, our talks is for the trash and dustbin).
How you'll play your game there is dependent on the situation you find yourself and your ability to think and work your way out. Crime is the order of the day, but it is not even easy as we see or think. And if this is the case of crime and evil, what about maintaining sainthood and righteousness? Because to do evil is more easier than doing good.

6. Aside Nigeria, and for other nations and individuals geared towards making progress, their heads of affairs, their leaders and representatives must develop measures and projects that fits into the interests of the masses. The masses don't even want much, give them good roads and they know what goods to carry pass it; give them electricity and they know what electrical related business they can do; give them easy accessibility to foreign neighbors and they'll never bother again.

We know that government steal and will always be corrupt even pass eternity, even God cannot help them. What the masses want is an enabling environment. Once provided for them, the government can do as they please, provided the common man in the street and corner is happy and able to make things out easily for himself. However, this is not the case in present government, they want to do as they please + suffocate the masses alongside. And surprisingly we are complaining of crime and evil. LoL.

Definitely, crime and evil cannot be completely eradicated from the human psyche or general populace, but if necessary measures are put into consideration, it will greatly be minimized.

7. Once the head starts making progress, the body always follow. Leaders are for a reason. But if leaders in all categories remain reticent, selfish and languid, crime will always reign, only that it's the innocent or less smart ones that suffers the menaces.

8. As at now, the use of morality is for the self and God, that's if you believe in God and love humanity. Because nobody really values it any longer. "We love you if you play and win, forget the medium".

This is a game of survival! You either play to win or learn the game so that you can protect yourself from predators. No middle ground. No siting on the fence. No lukewarm character. In this game, you either win or lose!

Though there is no justification for evil, violence and crime that will hasten humanity, communal life and civilization to destruction. However, this is the reality of life, the life we find ourselves and are living.

Thanks.

PS: matri6, this is my take on the matter.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why is Yahoo no longer consider as a crime? by EmeraldHash(m): 11:26pm On Apr 05, 2022
pansophist:
Yahoo boys, pastors, prostitutes are all symptoms of a failed system, a destroyed culture, and a directionless future. It's easy to blame these boys, but where the work is, is for the leaders to lead by example without embezzling. It's heartbroken when you did all what society said you should do, such as going to school, but end up been paid an amount that can't buy a bag of rice.

Meanwhile, those without conscience are living large. Yahoo boys and oloshos are cashing out big time. It's heartbreaking. You're effectively punished for being good and living upright, so it's only a matter of time before you say, fork it, to hell with uprightness, let me join. Especially if you've lost your loved ones due to lack of funds.

It will actually get worse. This is nothing compared to what is yet to come. I remember ten years ago like it was yesterday. Nigeria was good, I mean good compare to now. One pounds (not dollar, euro, but pounds) was less than two hundred naira, now its pursuing eight hundred. So if you kept one million naira in the bank for example in Nigeria ten years ago, you're actually poorer and lost about 60% of your wealth.

A country where the future depreciates, instead of appreciate your assets is a failed society. Nigeria is dead long ago, but corpse normally doesn't smell immediately. Its smell badly and dangerously as times goes. From the constitution, the leaders, the amalgamation, it was set up to fail. Know this, accept it, or do something with it. But don't live in ignorance, its more dangerous. Nigeria, is, dead.

What can I do with this truth as I am still an undergraduate
Re: Why is Yahoo no longer consider as a crime? by Zulu2022: 7:13am On Apr 06, 2022
Everyone just de tink say yahoo easy,no fit laugh
Re: Why is Yahoo no longer consider as a crime? by wirinet(m): 7:43am On Apr 06, 2022
pansophist:

What do you have against oloshos that you are equating them to yahoo yahoo? Do they take your money under false pretenses? Do they steal your money without rendering a service?

You negotiate and the deliver on what you negotiate and you are required to pay, how is that a crime?

Abeg carry your sermon go church or mosque. That where you can criminalize prostitution. Besides, prostitution has so many degrees and variations. What do you call taking a girl to eat and then and up taking her home and then giving her "transport money"? What do you call giving a girl money, gifts and smart phone (including recharge card) before she lets you sleep with her?
Re: Why is Yahoo no longer consider as a crime? by matri6: 8:46am On Apr 06, 2022
wirinet:

What do you have against oloshos that you are equating them to yahoo yahoo? Do they take your money under false pretenses?
this is the main issue with nigerians. they read to attack but never read to learn.

and, what is the correlation of the thread with what you wrote here?

and by the way he wrote some social menance in the country. why is it that olosho is what you only capitalize on?
Re: Why is Yahoo no longer consider as a crime? by wirinet(m): 8:56am On Apr 06, 2022
matri6:

this is the main issue with nigerians. they read to attack but never read to learn.

abeg, what is the correlation of the thread with the thrash you spew here?
if you have no opinion to contribute you can walk.

and by the way he wrote some social menance in the country. why is it that olosho is what you only capitalize on?
well, these could be the possibilities of your ranting here

*you are an olosho.
*or you have a relative that is one.
*or you carry them.
probably you could train up your daugthers to be a professional olosho.
sorry if my words seems harsh.

Your over bias over religious mind should have told you that I don't have any disagreement with the post except when he referred to "oloshos" as a crime.

Then you go through the often worn out path of attacking me instead of attacking my point.
I am a man, a married one with kids at that. So why bring my daughter or family into this. You must be very shallow minded.

But let me answer you concerning my daughter. I doubt my daughter would be a cheap olosho as I provide her with the best moral and formal education in can afford. But if after all that she decides to end up an olosho, I would never see her as a criminal.

Yahoo is another matter. If any of my sons engages in yahoo, i will disown them.
Re: Why is Yahoo no longer consider as a crime? by dododawa1: 9:07am On Apr 06, 2022
D faulty is from GOVERNMENT, RELIGIOUS LEADERS, PARENT and ENVIRONMENT because the only laugage everybody hear now is MR MONEY.
Re: Why is Yahoo no longer consider as a crime? by matri6: 10:41am On Apr 06, 2022
wirinet:

Your over bias over religious mind should have told you that I don't have any disagreement with the post except when he referred to "oloshos" as a crime.
well, we both commited the mistake 'argumentum ad hominem'.
your attack on him is what prompted my response to you.
and, he is of course one of the nairalanders i revered the most.
and judging by what he wrote, he didn't called olosho a 'type of crime' but rather one of the 'symptoms of a failed system'.
he even went to the extent of listing pastor among them, to prove that he is not over-religious like you falsely called him. neither am i.
so, we are not here to judge what is bad or good. it is more of an amoral ideology.
and as regards to your own philosophical point of view. no one is agianst you. it's personal. but you can't force anyone to accept it as "right" or "wrong".
and i'm very sorry for my attack on your personality. i will correct that
Re: Why is Yahoo no longer consider as a crime? by pansophist(m): 9:41pm On Apr 06, 2022
wirinet:

What do you have against oloshos that you are equating them to yahoo yahoo? Do they take your money under false pretenses? Do they steal your money without rendering a service?

You negotiate and the deliver on what you negotiate and you are required to pay, how is that a crime?

Abeg carry your sermon go church or mosque. That where you can criminalize prostitution. Besides, prostitution has so many degrees and variations. What do you call taking a girl to eat and then and up taking her home and then giving her "transport money"? What do you call giving a girl money, gifts and smart phone (including recharge card) before she lets you sleep with her?

Next time, read to understand, not to respond. And only respond because you have something reasonable to say. A wise man speak because he has something to say, while the foolish speak because he has to say something.

I would have responded paragraph by paragraph, but matri6 has done that, so it's redundant for me to repeat it.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why is Yahoo no longer consider as a crime? by pansophist(m): 9:49pm On Apr 06, 2022
EmeraldHash:

What can I do with this truth as I am still an undergraduate

If I were you, I'll just leave Nigeria to another ecowas country if I can't move to a developed country. Leaving Nigeria will expose you to a different lifestyle and experiences, and that's what being alive is all about, creating memories and experiences.

I mentioned ecowas countries because you automatically get right of residence base on the ecowas conventions, so no visa wahala. Depends on the country you choose, you'll automatically have peace of mind. So constant electricity, security, a unified population, where your income can give you a reasonable standard of living.

For that, I'll recommend Ghana and Ivory coast. Ghana if you do not speak French and don't want to learn it, otherwise, Ivory coast. I've been to both countries and mehn, if Nigeria gives the basic these countries gives (such as security, electricity, a stable currency), I swear, a lot of Nigerians abroad will move back home.

Mind you, many Nigerians in these countries are making it big. I don't know much about Ghana, but I'm sure of Ivory coast. If you for example go to Marcory, its populated by lots of igbos with businesses, you'll think you're in Onitsha. Many have houses and drive big cars, without any fear of insecurity.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Faces That Defrauded Me / Temple In Ghana Where Youths Sleep In Coffins For Rituals, Fame & Music Fame / People Are Just Wicked. Fake Bottle Water Company.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.