Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,462 members, 7,819,688 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:00 PM

Factory Work Na Hell On Earth. I Just Know Today - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Factory Work Na Hell On Earth. I Just Know Today (25560 Views)

Agbara Or Shagamu Where Can I Get Factory Work Quick / My Junior Brother Need A Factory Work Please Help / Factory Work (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Factory Work Na Hell On Earth. I Just Know Today by Nobody: 12:22pm On Apr 05, 2022
Truflame:
I have work I can recommend for you from the comfort of your home.

You don't need to run yourself to the grave making money.
We are all ears
Re: Factory Work Na Hell On Earth. I Just Know Today by adedolapoololade(m): 12:23pm On Apr 05, 2022
Anybody wey get job vacancy for ibadan should let me know
Re: Factory Work Na Hell On Earth. I Just Know Today by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 12:23pm On Apr 05, 2022
samwash:
Abeg guys make me understand this factory work better.
Explain to me the nature of this factory work which someone will work straight 12 hrs, getting 30mis to 1 hr rest.
What are they producing or parkaging ?
Pls explain for better understanding.
I have once spent 2 days @ a stretch working night & day that my folks were calling me to return home...

Someone did nite shift continue morning shift and closed at afternoon shift @ 10pm!

1 Like

Re: Factory Work Na Hell On Earth. I Just Know Today by BabaIbo: 12:25pm On Apr 05, 2022
Testimony1988:
It's better to own a shop than working in a factory.

You made no sense, because your statement sounds as if owning a shop is a menial OR odd job.

It is unreasonable to even put the two in the sane sentence.

Owning a shop (i.e business that can be likened to director/manager/ceo level or higher depending on the business scale) in working world is what you're demeaning like this.

5 Likes

Re: Factory Work Na Hell On Earth. I Just Know Today by twosquare(m): 12:26pm On Apr 05, 2022
Twizzy30:
The day i did factory work, i knew i had to take my education serious. That life is not for me abeg.
grin grin
Re: Factory Work Na Hell On Earth. I Just Know Today by Nobody: 12:29pm On Apr 05, 2022
NewSoul:

Where is the place?
How many hours?
You will start from 6am till 9pm at uyo main town akwa ibom state
Re: Factory Work Na Hell On Earth. I Just Know Today by Dearlord(m): 12:30pm On Apr 05, 2022
May the good Lord help all the seekers.

If you are not careful in this country you may end up looking for a job in a Babalawo shrine.

2 Likes

Re: Factory Work Na Hell On Earth. I Just Know Today by bayelsaowei(m): 12:30pm On Apr 05, 2022
flames007:
Factory work is what i can never do in my life no matter how broke i am. There was a time i was so broke someone invited me to work in the factory he works, 1k per day i was so happy. Omor when i got there, na 7pm to 7am night shift non-stop - 12 solid haaaars. God forbid bad thing.

The said guy go collect salary, use half of it pay medical bills. Factory work in Nigeria is like taking one step forward and 50 steps backwards, cos you're risking your health, limbs, heart, kidney, everything for daily bread.
grin grin
Re: Factory Work Na Hell On Earth. I Just Know Today by Moneyboyz: 12:30pm On Apr 05, 2022
Connected1:
Oga you are just lazy.

Keep Quiet.

Factory Job is for a start-up in Life's Race, I mean as a Contract Staff.

You will have to learn the techniques others who have been there use for the Job, then you save up and go do what you admire.

Na so una take dae go steal and do Yahoo.

Tell me one country that don't have factory workers.

The one I started with was 20k with daily feeding, your own even get levelz.

It's even better than doing service for a bricklayer.

All these lazy folks na una noise dae many pass.

give me example of a factory in a civilized country that works on 7 to 7 shift and pays less than 2 USD per day?

also how many of these factories have health allowance, transport allowance, union etc?

2 Likes

Re: Factory Work Na Hell On Earth. I Just Know Today by Playthepianos: 12:33pm On Apr 05, 2022
Gamesmart:

Will you all shut your dirty traps?

What is the point of complaining if you are not going to name and shame the companies operating the factory?

Why are you black people so dumb fgs?

You are the dumb one here. So if you were in their shoes, you would name the company? That's highly dumb. Dumbness of the highest order.

1 Like

Re: Factory Work Na Hell On Earth. I Just Know Today by GreaterFuture(m): 12:33pm On Apr 05, 2022
NewSoul:

Yes I'm interested. Where location?
Ok, it's somewhere around Egeda
Re: Factory Work Na Hell On Earth. I Just Know Today by Moneyboyz: 12:34pm On Apr 05, 2022
SenR:
Factory work is almost the same here in Germany, general standard factory working hours is 8 hours in 3 shifts.

Some factory workers here earns as much as #2,000,000 per month but the tax no be here.

You go stand all through your shift, your're only entitled to 30 mins break.

Although sha na the money go console you at the end of the month��
If you get 2 to 3 USD a day working in a factory in Nigeria you are lucky.
only the administrative wing goes home with fat pockets.

1 Like

Re: Factory Work Na Hell On Earth. I Just Know Today by Gkemz: 12:34pm On Apr 05, 2022
How people sign up for corporate slavery amazes me.
Factory work, just as banking and insurance sales and marketing is not different from slavery. At the end of the month, you wouldn't see what you worked for after spending your meagre salaries on medications and acquiring of shoes and suit for those of them in banking and insurance.
Re: Factory Work Na Hell On Earth. I Just Know Today by do4luv14(m): 12:35pm On Apr 05, 2022
DoctorOlasDesk:
I do factory job back in the days. See. Most Nigerians don't know what happens in our society and how bad things are.

You sef nor talk am well here.

Do you know that it is assumed that you don't stay still, bend or rest doing these jobs?

We were so monitored in a way that you can't stand still for five minutes at all.

Break just 40 minutes and work is dusk till dawn. No idling, even for five minutes.

THE OWNER OF THIS FACTORY WAS RAKING IN ATLEAST 20-30 MILLION MONTHLY AND WAS CONTESTING FOR THE HOUSE OF REORESENTATIVES. SO IT WASNT A CASE OF A LOW PROFILE PERSON OR LACK OF FUNDS. THE AVERAGE BLACK MAN DOESN'T SEE THE NEED TO RESPECT HUMANITY. I QUITTED AFTER I ACQYIRED ALL THE KNOWLEDGE THAT MADE ME APPLY FOR THE POSITION WITHOUT A SINGLE WAGE. DID IT OUT OF SELF RESPECT.

No bending down, no standing still, nothing even as short as five minutes. After a while, most factory workers become living corpses, just walking omaround with the core of their lives yanked from them

I feel bad for our work culture

Why do I smell lies from you and the OP statement
Re: Factory Work Na Hell On Earth. I Just Know Today by Ondalastday: 12:35pm On Apr 05, 2022
Borntosmoke:
Omo I talk say make I run factory work for just 3 months. The pay na 50k I think say na one easy job. Omo I runoo, you go work from morning till midnight no sleep no break. If I plan to do that 3 months. Na the first 1st month dem go dey plan my funeral. Pls if you have any job you can give me I don't mind that is not life threatening . Pls help meoo. I just want to use the money I collect from the job to start a business

I just start for one factory about one month ago. Omor the way my body tey dey weak me dis days, na only God. Me wey be street boy wey like fight, I nor fit even argue dis days. Once I wan enter bike,I nor dey price again like before, they think say I get money, dere nor know say na die I dey.

10 Likes

Re: Factory Work Na Hell On Earth. I Just Know Today by Adisa89(m): 12:35pm On Apr 05, 2022
I once tried to work in one Dana Plast company at Ijora Olopa but when I entered the factory what I saw threw me off. Young guys were looking like zombies in a gym with all the sweat and veins showing. But that's not the worst. They all looked older than their real age, some have gone out of shape too. It's 6 to 6 work with just one hour compulsory break. You must meet your target or you'd be shortpaid. Come see as boys dey drink garri and Alabukun. Mehn, no be person tell me to japa!

13 Likes

Re: Factory Work Na Hell On Earth. I Just Know Today by FireUpNow(m): 12:36pm On Apr 05, 2022
OP you nor lie oo. Factory work na death ooo.i worked in a factory for 3 months as an operator of a very big machine for 3 months, I spent 1 full year in the hospital. The pay na peanut and the worst is that you get only 20 days in a month, out of these 20 days they deduct medical from it. The money my family spent for my treatment ran into millions and the useless company never contributes a dime. We work 12 hours daily. One person can operate two heavy machines at the same time. The Nigerians who are the managers are dare devils. Terrible experience. I will never advice anyone to do factory work. Nigerian labour law is bad. No staffing, it's all casualisation

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Factory Work Na Hell On Earth. I Just Know Today by Gamesmart: 12:37pm On Apr 05, 2022
Playthepianos:

You are the dumb one here. So if you were in their shoes, you would name the company? That's highly dumb. Dumbness of the highest order.

Dimwit, why would I not name the company?

Lets hear the view of this Einstein of Stupidity. grin

1 Like

Re: Factory Work Na Hell On Earth. I Just Know Today by Connected1: 12:38pm On Apr 05, 2022
dazzlingd:

Chai,this life.
Some people have never tasted poverty in life.

If I come back to this world over and over, may I never taste poverty to appreciate suffering as working hard
It's alright then.

Goodluck with starting from the Apex but for those from a poor family I am encouraging them that the journey is not short and there are alot of hurdles.

That's how I went to offer an old friend of mine that's was out of job a welder Job, this was something he learnt after secondary school.

Can you believe he turn me to a laughing stock in front of his friend and I was ashamed but I moved on, 2 years later he came to me begging that I should link him with this Job, this was a 200k monthly which he can save alot from but because he was doing Yahoo at that moment he was laughing me.

Now Yahoo don cast na ritual dae now, he always disturbs me, so I told the welder about and he declined instantly saying why did he reject the offer initially.

1 Like

Re: Factory Work Na Hell On Earth. I Just Know Today by Playthepianos: 12:42pm On Apr 05, 2022
DoctorOlasDesk:

Enjoy. I won't stoop to your level in life. Never in my worst day of life. And in busy and don't have time for much back and Forth's. Avoid me

You have shown maturity, Dr.
Re: Factory Work Na Hell On Earth. I Just Know Today by Ladyhart: 12:42pm On Apr 05, 2022
GreaterFuture:

Lool...
Can you do site work, Casting specifically?

One dey, my friend is the Supervisor Abi senior labourer

Can make up to 4k a day...
I am interested pls.
How do I go about it.
Hope it's smtin a lady can do?
Re: Factory Work Na Hell On Earth. I Just Know Today by Viraltrends123: 12:43pm On Apr 05, 2022
samwash:
Abeg guys make me understand this factory work better.
Explain to me the nature of this factory work which someone will work straight 12 hrs, getting 30mis to 1 hr rest.
What are they producing or parkaging ?
Pls explain for better understanding.
like mixing sand, gravels, and cements for one big block industry in lagos, no resting, you and your team must reach a daily limit if 3000 block/day, meaning you have to work for like 10 hours or more, no resting.

Work like big soap making factory like wow or canoe, that most of their work is manual, beside very hot heating machine, no chair to even rest, you body and soul will be covered with soap by the end of the day, after over 10 haaar.

Work like foundation digger for a small construction company, that you will use digger and shovel to dig and dig foundation, can take you and your team 20 days to dig, at 10 hours per day, no resting, 1k/day
Re: Factory Work Na Hell On Earth. I Just Know Today by GreaterFuture(m): 12:44pm On Apr 05, 2022
Ladyhart:

I am interested pls.
How do I go about it.
Hope it's smtin a lady can do?
No, you can't do it.

1 Like

Re: Factory Work Na Hell On Earth. I Just Know Today by omotoshodontee1: 12:44pm On Apr 05, 2022
U should run away from anyone advising u to engage in naija factory work..I know wetin I dey talk oooo

1 Like

Re: Factory Work Na Hell On Earth. I Just Know Today by Connected1: 12:45pm On Apr 05, 2022
Sultty:
I'm not lazy at all but factory owners should be sanctioned and maybe jailed.
Factory work is d real reason I dislike indians and Chinese along with some Nigerian slave leaders
Blame the Nigerians, Imagine a multinational company in Delta State where a friend of mine works, the SSA/Union Chairmen requested for gratuity because the staffs needed money, they requested for it during the initial difficulties of the regime of that cursed man in Ask Rock.

Now the company was happy, they gave their conditions and gladly gave the Chairmen and other union members double promotions and they gave everyone above 5 years their gratuity thereafter they cancelled it. Presently the workers are wailing about money and are cursing the company, even the new staffs are complaining and cursing the managements, but that's the reality from a direct source.

Now you only work for your salary and pension, tell me who's to be blamed, we have our own flaws.
Re: Factory Work Na Hell On Earth. I Just Know Today by Ladyhart: 12:47pm On Apr 05, 2022
GreaterFuture:

No, you can't do it.
embarassed embarassed embarassed
Do you have or know any other one I can do?
Re: Factory Work Na Hell On Earth. I Just Know Today by Connected1: 12:50pm On Apr 05, 2022
Moneyboyz:

give me example of a factory in a civilized country that works on 7 to 7 shift and pays less than 2 USD per day?

also how many of these factories have health allowance, transport allowance, union etc?
$1 = #416 official/cbn rate
$1 = #575 black market rate

There's a big difference between Dollar and Naira.

Don't ask me stupid questions abeg
Re: Factory Work Na Hell On Earth. I Just Know Today by Gamesmart: 12:59pm On Apr 05, 2022
Playthepianos:

You lack sense, wisdom and manners.

Einstein of Stupidity, why would I not name the company? grin

1 Like

Re: Factory Work Na Hell On Earth. I Just Know Today by Explicits(m): 12:59pm On Apr 05, 2022
Borntosmoke:
Omo I talk say make I run factory work for just 3 months. The pay na 50k I think say na one easy job. Omo I runoo, you go work from morning till midnight no sleep no break. If I plan to do that 3 months. Na the first 1st month dem go dey plan my funeral. Pls if you have any job you can give me I don't mind that is not life threatening . Pls help meoo. I just want to use the money I collect from the job to start a business

Can you do site construction work at lagos, like 3500 or 3k per day
Re: Factory Work Na Hell On Earth. I Just Know Today by Gamesmart: 1:00pm On Apr 05, 2022
DoctorOlasDesk:

Enjoy. I won't stoop to your level in life. Never in my worst day of life. And in busy and don't have time for much back and Forth's. Avoid me

Run jor!

Low IQ Simp.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Will You Accept This Job Offer Or Turn It Down To Travel Abroad / US Embassy, Nigeria Is Recruiting. / Nigerian Army Opens Application Portal For Direct Short Service Course 26

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.