Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,755 members, 7,831,420 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:29 PM

Sanwo-Olu Meets Lekki-Ikoyi Link Bridge Stakeholders - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanwo-Olu Meets Lekki-Ikoyi Link Bridge Stakeholders (17142 Views)

Governor Sanwo-Olu Meets Hilda Baci (Photos) / Sanwo-Olu Meets Artist Bodataiye Oniyakuya: Receives Funny Potrait Of Himself / Sanwo-Olu Meets CEOs, Mulls Lockdown Review in Seven Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sanwo-Olu Meets Lekki-Ikoyi Link Bridge Stakeholders by cliffypatt(m): 8:16pm On Apr 04, 2022
jerseyboy:

Though I am for nothing else but Self-Determination for Yoruba Nation, I can never harbor your type of hate for anyone. Igbos have a right to live anywhere they choose when Nigeria breaks up and I for one will welcome them as citizens of our new nation provided everyone complies with our authority.

On point

2 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Meets Lekki-Ikoyi Link Bridge Stakeholders by Nobody: 8:16pm On Apr 04, 2022
IPIGSRDOTARDS:

Really?
Coming from a so called Jersyboy.
How many tolls exist in Jersey and NY area alone?.
There are so many tolls in the NE and FL that you have to think about tolls before venturing out.
Not in the middle of urban commerce right in the heart of a metropolis. We don't have roundabouts, pedestrian crossings and traffic lights on American tolled highways or anywhere in the world. What you have going on in Lekki is crazy
Re: Sanwo-Olu Meets Lekki-Ikoyi Link Bridge Stakeholders by juman(m): 8:19pm On Apr 04, 2022
Government need to recoup the money spent to build the road to build other roads.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Meets Lekki-Ikoyi Link Bridge Stakeholders by greymiles: 8:23pm On Apr 04, 2022
jerseyboy:
Toll is slavery. The economic cost benefit analysis given the productivity loss from traffic stalling is NEGATIVE. People on medical emergencies have had their lives expire in that traffic. There is no where in the world you toll right in the middle of a commercial metropolis like Lekki- Admiralty way.
Bros stop disgracing you’re family publicly
Out of the 50states in America, only 14 doesn’t have toll gates... and those states are mostly low income states... so what’s your argument
Re: Sanwo-Olu Meets Lekki-Ikoyi Link Bridge Stakeholders by greymiles: 8:25pm On Apr 04, 2022
IPIGSRDOTARDS:

Really?
How many tolls exist in Jersey and NY area alone?
There are so many tolls in the NE and FL that you have to think about tolls before venturing out.
Na crowd mentality dey worry most of them... once they hear from someone, instead of making research, they won’t. They prefer promoting hearsay

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu Meets Lekki-Ikoyi Link Bridge Stakeholders by Nobody: 8:29pm On Apr 04, 2022
CountVersailles:

Thunder fire your nyash

Okoro behave yourself angry

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Meets Lekki-Ikoyi Link Bridge Stakeholders by Nobody: 8:29pm On Apr 04, 2022
greymiles:

Bros stop disgracing you’re family publicly
Out of the 50states in America, only 14 doesn’t have toll gates... and those states are mostly low income states... so what’s your argument

How you communicate, particularly on anonymous forum, reflects entirely your upbringing. Enough said.

In other matters:
You don't have roundabouts, pedestrian crossings and traffic lights on American tolled highways or anywhere tolled highway anywhere in the world. What you have going on in Lekki is crazy.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Meets Lekki-Ikoyi Link Bridge Stakeholders by IPIGSRDOTARDS: 8:35pm On Apr 04, 2022
jerseyboy:

Not in the middle of urban commerce right in the heart of a metropolis. We don't have roundabouts, pedestrian crossings and traffic lights on American tolled highways or anywhere in the world. What you have going on in Lekki is crazy
What has roundabouts and traffic lights got to do with toll or no toll?
Are you sure you've ever been to NJ or NY before?
Do you know that just to drive to London westend, you have to pay?
There are tolls in many many metropolise around the world.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu Meets Lekki-Ikoyi Link Bridge Stakeholders by Nobody: 8:39pm On Apr 04, 2022
IPIGSRDOTARDS:

And you have the type of traffic stalling like at Lekki? My people self.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Meets Lekki-Ikoyi Link Bridge Stakeholders by IPIGSRDOTARDS: 8:48pm On Apr 04, 2022
jerseyboy:

And you have the type of traffic stalling like at Lekki? My people self.
Try driving through Manhattan or drive through Westend in London. The traffic is crazy but the people are well behaved unlike Nigerians that will start violating the rules of the road thinking they are smart while making the situation worse.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Meets Lekki-Ikoyi Link Bridge Stakeholders by dejol88: 8:51pm On Apr 04, 2022
IPIGSRDOTARDS:

Stop misleading the public Oga! London u are citing as example introduced charges when driving through central London at particular time of the day to reduce congestion.

But our own case is different. You asking an area that generate highest income for the state to still pay compulsory toll when leaving their homes

3 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Meets Lekki-Ikoyi Link Bridge Stakeholders by pappilo(m): 8:57pm On Apr 04, 2022
jerseyboy:
Lekki Toll is Slavery. The economic cost benefit analysis given the productivity loss from traffic stalling is NEGATIVE. People on medical emergencies have had their lives expire in that traffic. There is no where in the world you toll right in the middle of a commercial metropolis like Lekki- Admiralty way.

PS
You don't have roundabouts, pedestrian crossings and traffic lights on American tolled highways or any tolled highway anywhere in the world. What you have going on in Lekki is crazy.

Ignorance. Central London is tolled. £15 per day.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Meets Lekki-Ikoyi Link Bridge Stakeholders by dejol88: 9:01pm On Apr 04, 2022
pappilo:

That is for congestion when travelling through central London after 6am!

It is mechanism to reduce traffic congestion so that car owners can use tfl services.

In Lagos, is it the same?
Re: Sanwo-Olu Meets Lekki-Ikoyi Link Bridge Stakeholders by Nobody: 9:01pm On Apr 04, 2022
pappilo:

With traffic pile up and pedestrians dying crossing the road? I will like to see the cost benefit anaysis of these tolls from say The World Bank.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Meets Lekki-Ikoyi Link Bridge Stakeholders by COMPAQ(m): 9:05pm On Apr 04, 2022
IPIGSRDOTARDS:

Really?
How many tolls exist in Jersey and NY area alone?

Do they cause the kind of mad traffic we see on the Lekki Ikoyi bridge? And on the Lekki EPE expressway? How can Lekki EPE expressway have one single road in and out for the volume of cars we have in Lekki. No train? No standard bus service. I drive in houston and there is no tollway anywhere in the Houston area that requires you to slow to a crawl to pay tolls. I drive at 70mph under a toll reader and it takes my toll. And I'm sure the ones at NE/NL are either like that or nowhere near the kind of traffic as at Lekki.

3 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Meets Lekki-Ikoyi Link Bridge Stakeholders by COMPAQ(m): 9:07pm On Apr 04, 2022
dejol88:

It is mechanism to reduce traffic congestion so that car owners can use tfl services.

In London you don't e en need a car. Those who pay charges in central London are all the big boy bankers and executives of top companies.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Meets Lekki-Ikoyi Link Bridge Stakeholders by dejol88: 9:09pm On Apr 04, 2022
COMPAQ:

In London you don't e en need a car. Those who pay charges in central London are all the big boy bankers and executives of top companies.
Thanks jare .

Don’t mind those people coming to nairaland to mislead the public.
What we have in lekki is totally unjustified.

3 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Meets Lekki-Ikoyi Link Bridge Stakeholders by COMPAQ(m): 9:12pm On Apr 04, 2022
IPIGSRDOTARDS:

The point he's trying to make is that tolls are on highways where there is no obstruction to your driving pretty far distance to get you to your destination quickly. Common from VI to Chevron, you stop at 8 traffic lights and junctions that are poorly designed and don't flow traffic properly.

And like others have said, you can what you have in central London are congestion charges. You don't queue up at any toll both anywhere.

3 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Meets Lekki-Ikoyi Link Bridge Stakeholders by techWriter3: 9:12pm On Apr 04, 2022
laugh idagbasoke ile NigeriansGod thank politiciansGod thank sanwo oluGod thank Nigerians farmland
Re: Sanwo-Olu Meets Lekki-Ikoyi Link Bridge Stakeholders by bluecircle470: 9:42pm On Apr 04, 2022
jerseyboy:
Lekki Toll is Slavery. The economic cost benefit analysis given the productivity loss from traffic stalling is NEGATIVE. People on medical emergencies have had their lives expire in that traffic. There is no where in the world you toll right in the middle of a commercial metropolis. Lekki Admiralty Road is a HIGH STREET not a HIGHWAY.

PS
You don't have roundabouts, pedestrian crossings and traffic lights on American tolled highways or any tolled highway anywhere in the world. What you have going on in Lekki is crazy.

Mumu ipob pigs kindly go to your state and stop criticizing others that are doing well. Foolish people
Re: Sanwo-Olu Meets Lekki-Ikoyi Link Bridge Stakeholders by IPIGSRDOTARDS: 9:43pm On Apr 04, 2022
COMPAQ:

Do they cause the kind of mad traffic we see on the Lekki Ikoyi bridge? And on the Lekki EPE expressway? How can Lekki EPE expressway have one single road in and out for the volume of cars we have in Lekki. No train? No standard bus service. I drive in houston and there is no tollway anywhere in the Houston area that requires you to slow to a crawl to pay tolls. I drive at 70mph under a toll reader and it takes my toll. And I'm sure the ones at NE/NL are either like that or nowhere near the kind of traffic as at Lekki.

You can also drive through the Lekki toll road at 70 mph if you have a prepaid sticker on your car. I have used it many times.
Can you compare the road system and toll system in the US to Nigeria? Hell no but this is a start.
The road was very deplorable for many years until this consortium came in to fix the road. They should be allowed to complete whatever contract they singed to recoup their money.
If they are not allowed and the contract is violated, others will not come in to do major capital projects in the future.
There ae buses even though they are not enough for the amount of people in the area, they are also introducing boats while still working on the train system.
You can't compare Texas to Nigeria not to talk of the whole US yet they still toll many roads.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Meets Lekki-Ikoyi Link Bridge Stakeholders by pappilo(m): 9:47pm On Apr 04, 2022
dejol88:

Anyone who wants to drive into central London between 0700 and 1800 must pay £15 per day. There is no alternative road.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Meets Lekki-Ikoyi Link Bridge Stakeholders by pappilo(m): 9:52pm On Apr 04, 2022
COMPAQ:

The point he's trying to make is that tolls are on highways where there is no obstruction to your driving pretty far distance to get you to your destination quickly. Common from VI to Chevron, you stop at 8 traffic lights and junctions that are poorly designed and don't flow traffic properly.

And like others have said, you can what you have in central London are congestion charges. You don't queue up at any toll both anywhere.

Here lies the problem. Without a comprehensive database of car registrations, no mechanism to sanction defaulters and the high cost of deploying an ANPR system,Lagos cant use the central London, ULEZ or QEII Bridge system of ANPR toll charging
Re: Sanwo-Olu Meets Lekki-Ikoyi Link Bridge Stakeholders by Explicits(m): 9:54pm On Apr 04, 2022
Parachoko:
The Lekki-ikoyi link bridge tolls needs to be open

There is no sane reason for it to remain close
Wish someone close to you were among those that were shot, I know you'll definitely curse tinubu and sanwó olu
Poor miserable fellow

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Meets Lekki-Ikoyi Link Bridge Stakeholders by Nobody: 10:12pm On Apr 04, 2022
SlyDev:
Fun idagbasoke ile Yoruba

God bless Tinubu
God bless sanwo olu
God bless Yoruba land

It is just a meeting haaaa!!!!!! All this eye service is unwarranted bros
Re: Sanwo-Olu Meets Lekki-Ikoyi Link Bridge Stakeholders by Nobody: 10:13pm On Apr 04, 2022
Parachoko:
The Lekki-ikoyi link bridge tolls needs to be open

There is no sane reason for it to remain close

The issues and the recommendations of the panel have not been implemented by the lagos state government
Re: Sanwo-Olu Meets Lekki-Ikoyi Link Bridge Stakeholders by Parachoko: 10:15pm On Apr 04, 2022
Explicits:

Wish someone close to you were among those that were shot, I know you'll definitely curse tinubu and sanwó olu
Poor miserable fellow
See how ignorant you are.

No shooting took place on the lekki Ikoyi link bridge

Stop disgracing yourself.

And Please, you need to grow up and stop been emotional, I never talked to you or attacked you.

Is just my personal opinion.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Meets Lekki-Ikoyi Link Bridge Stakeholders by Nobody: 10:19pm On Apr 04, 2022
IPIGSRDOTARDS:

Try driving through Manhattan or drive through Westend in London. The traffic is crazy but the people are well behaved unlike Nigerians that will start violating the rules of the road thinking they are smart while making the situation worse.

Says someone who's a customer in US embassy for rejection of Visa
Re: Sanwo-Olu Meets Lekki-Ikoyi Link Bridge Stakeholders by Parachoko: 10:22pm On Apr 04, 2022
obynzo:

The issues and the recommendations of the panel have not been implemented by the lagos state government
What issue please?
Re: Sanwo-Olu Meets Lekki-Ikoyi Link Bridge Stakeholders by Nobody: 10:22pm On Apr 04, 2022
bluecircle470:

Mumu ipob pigs kindly go to your state and stop criticizing others that are doing well. Foolish people

Bros you don't have sense see salient points people are raising all you can say is go back to your state. You people cannot continue misleading people online abeg
Re: Sanwo-Olu Meets Lekki-Ikoyi Link Bridge Stakeholders by Nobody: 10:29pm On Apr 04, 2022
obynzo:

It is just a meeting haaaa!!!!!! All this eye service is unwarranted bros

You call it eye service, I call it Yoruba patriotism. I love being Yoruba wink
Re: Sanwo-Olu Meets Lekki-Ikoyi Link Bridge Stakeholders by Nobody: 10:39pm On Apr 04, 2022
SlyDev:

You call it eye service, I call it Yoruba patriotism. I love being Yoruba wink

This is not patriotism Oga stop deceiving yourself it is sheer eye service. you cannot even lay down your life for the Yoruba

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tinubu Says He Is Ready For Primaries, Sure Of Winning (Video) / Peter Obi Congratulates Israel Adesanya For His Victory Over Alex Pereira / Court Rejects Diezani's Prayers To Stop Rep's Probe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.