Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,247 members, 7,818,839 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:21 AM

How Comedy Skit Makers, Social Media Influencers Buy Lekki Mansions, Posh Cars - Celebrities (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / How Comedy Skit Makers, Social Media Influencers Buy Lekki Mansions, Posh Cars (58960 Views)

I Have 30 Mansions In Lagos, Ogun - Portable Claims / Esther Intimidates Frodd With Posh Cars? | Bbnaija Reunion 2020 Day 19 / Kizz Daniel Welcomes Son With 'Posh Merald' Emerald Vicky His Baby Mama? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Comedy Skit Makers, Social Media Influencers Buy Lekki Mansions, Posh Cars by Kingofhoes: 6:07pm On Apr 30, 2022

3 Likes

Re: How Comedy Skit Makers, Social Media Influencers Buy Lekki Mansions, Posh Cars by CaveAdullam: 6:36pm On Apr 30, 2022
Kingofhoes:

Thank you. Now just like you right rightly stated, earnings from content creations and online hustles shouldn't be underestimated and are sometime huge. But not in the case of African Content Creators who get most of their views from Nigeria and other African countries. The average U.S youtube content creator earns about $2 per a thousand views and that is for someone with a very high CTR. Whilst Nigerian creators make a measerly $0.5(Note that it varies from creator to creator). The last foreign client I bagged in 2019 made about $100,000 from 36 million views. As much as that amount of money seems, its still sad that all those years of work yielded that( we'll minus taxes and expenditures on videos). The good thing though is that the income is passive so it still has potential to grow without you doing any more work. Now Nigerian Content Creators don't have that much audience not to even talk of the sad pay. Even if 5hey has that audience and earned say $100,000 which is about 58 million naira. A house in pagosa cost way more than that not to talk of two. Coupled with benzes. In conclusion to my long story. These people are not making money from Content Creation, all na cover up. Which is why I referred you to legit creators who work their butts off to produce great content and I hope to work with one day.

I know there's monetization when it comes to online contents especially on the music and video entertainment angle. However, I do wonder how these guys are able to keep their fans on glue thereby boosting their views. We should also take note that only few subscribers adhere to their subscribed channel and most times they visit any of the media, their attention which is their views get scattered around other channels. And to think that many of these entertainers became nouveau riche after their recent debut, some even less than a year or two is a thing worth surprising.

Do you think the views and subscribers for most accounts/channels have bots behind? Or organic?

Thanks.
Re: How Comedy Skit Makers, Social Media Influencers Buy Lekki Mansions, Posh Cars by Kingofhoes: 6:35pm On May 01, 2022

3 Likes

Re: How Comedy Skit Makers, Social Media Influencers Buy Lekki Mansions, Posh Cars by CaveAdullam: 8:02pm On May 01, 2022
Kingofhoes:

Boss I love your maturity. For most Nigerians "comedy" content creators except Mark Angel and a few others. Most of their Youtubes views are inorganic. Only few have organic views. That's why I gave you an example of my foreign client who was paid just 100,000 for 3 years of work and non stop grinding to even have about 36 million views. These Nigerian skit guys are 80% involved in fraud. Mostly B.E.C and other high end frauds

So, what do you think is the future of a young Nigerian trying to make passive income via online video contents? (It's as if I shouldn't ask considering your client's return).

Thanks.
Re: How Comedy Skit Makers, Social Media Influencers Buy Lekki Mansions, Posh Cars by Kingofhoes: 7:55am On May 03, 2022
CaveAdullam:

So, what do you think is the future of a young Nigerian trying to make passive income via online video contents? (It's as if I shouldn't ask considering your client's return).

Thanks.
Like I earlier said, there are Nigerians that made good money off content creation, not necessarily enough to buy you a 150m apartment but enough for you to live above your means. The thing is, either you drive enough local audiences, like 100k views. Or you drive like 50k FOREIGN views. There is a very big, bright future for Nigerian Content Creators, you just need to put in the work.
Re: How Comedy Skit Makers, Social Media Influencers Buy Lekki Mansions, Posh Cars by CaveAdullam: 8:39pm On May 04, 2022
Kingofhoes:

Like I earlier said, there are Nigerians that made good money off content creation, not necessarily enough to buy you a 150m apartment but enough for you to live above your means. The thing is, either you drive enough local audiences, like 100k views. Or you drive like 50k FOREIGN views. There is a very big, bright future for Nigerian Content Creators, you just need to put in the work.

Thanks. I do appreciate your response.
Re: How Comedy Skit Makers, Social Media Influencers Buy Lekki Mansions, Posh Cars by Ekez(m): 7:58am On May 09, 2022
Okonandmary:

It was a typo, 10M views to get 500 dollars, if your views are from Nigeria
Bro that's not true
My bro is a YouTuber
I don't want to go into details but that figure is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy below what they earn with 2 million views
Re: How Comedy Skit Makers, Social Media Influencers Buy Lekki Mansions, Posh Cars by Attah00002(m): 5:48pm On Jul 07, 2022
People can say whatever they wish to say especially about the YouTube earnings.. as a small YouTuber with 3k+ subscribers and barely 60k views on all my videos, making close to 50 dollars and counting and people with million views you are here underrating them.. believe it or not they are making their money legally.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Funke Akindele & JJC Skillz' Wedding Confirmed By Freeze / Udomboso John Saviours "Young John" YBNL Music Producer, The Wicked Producer / Nigerians React To The Death Of Davido's Photographer, Fortune (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.