Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,446 members, 7,816,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:56 PM

CBN Urges Nigerians To Shun Activities With Unlicensed Financial Operators - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CBN Urges Nigerians To Shun Activities With Unlicensed Financial Operators (10117 Views)

NPF Suspends POCACOV Activities With Immediate Effect / Yusuf Buhari & Zahra Ado Start Pre-Wedding Activities With Polo Tournament / Rising Oil Price: CBN Urges FG To Save To Avert Another Recession (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

CBN Urges Nigerians To Shun Activities With Unlicensed Financial Operators by Azeemokoya: 7:40am On Apr 05, 2022
The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has advised Nigerians to avoid dealing with unlicensed or illegal financial operators in the country through its Financial Services Regulation Coordinating Committee (FSRCC).

The advice was given by the CBN through the FSRCC in a statement posted on its website on Monday.

According to the report, illegal financial operators use extraordinary returns on investments as bait to entice and defraud unsuspecting members of the public.

It also expressed concern about the growing activities of Illegal Financial Operators (IFOs), saying they pose a serious risk to public trust and the stability of the Nigerian financial system.

The CBN statement reads in part, “The FSRCC in its continuing efforts to end the scourge of IFOs in Nigeria, hereby issues the following advisory:

“The general public is advised to refrain from dealing with unlicensed or illegal financial operators, who lure and defraud unsuspecting members of the public by offering extra-ordinary returns on investments as bait.

“Members of the public are advised to visit the websites of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and other relevant member agencies of the FSRCC to verify the registration and license status of such companies and schemes before investing in them.

“You are also advised to report any individual or entities suspected to be involved in such nefarious activities to the law enforcement agencies.

”It assured that financial regulatory agencies shall continue to carry out all necessary due diligence before registering or licensing any operator under their regulatory purview.
https://newsroundtheclock.com/cbn-urges-nigerians-to-shun-activities-with-unlicensed-financial-operators/

2 Likes

Re: CBN Urges Nigerians To Shun Activities With Unlicensed Financial Operators by blue01(m): 7:41am On Apr 05, 2022
Re: CBN Urges Nigerians To Shun Activities With Unlicensed Financial Operators by FERNANDEZISBACK: 7:47am On Apr 05, 2022
Are they gonna listen..an average Nigerian is greedy..
Well that should be blamed on the west I guess or blame Nigeria as a country.. cry

Slava Nigeria.. grin cheesy kiss

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Urges Nigerians To Shun Activities With Unlicensed Financial Operators by WebWriter: 7:47am On Apr 05, 2022
Hmmm ok

Hi guys,
I am a content writer that specialize on the tech niche.
Kindly note that I'm taking offers at the moment.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: CBN Urges Nigerians To Shun Activities With Unlicensed Financial Operators by meritadavize1(m): 7:47am On Apr 05, 2022
K
Re: CBN Urges Nigerians To Shun Activities With Unlicensed Financial Operators by richard870(m): 7:48am On Apr 05, 2022
This same CBN guy that has been on streak of failure. For crying out loud, Nigeria is in ruins!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Urges Nigerians To Shun Activities With Unlicensed Financial Operators by efeteb: 7:48am On Apr 05, 2022
grin
Re: CBN Urges Nigerians To Shun Activities With Unlicensed Financial Operators by Longnthick(m): 7:48am On Apr 05, 2022
Re: CBN Urges Nigerians To Shun Activities With Unlicensed Financial Operators by oluseyiforjesus(m): 7:48am On Apr 05, 2022
Guy see what ds one is saying, a fake presidential aspirant
A politician shouldn't hold d post of the Apex bank of a nation.......

5 Likes

Re: CBN Urges Nigerians To Shun Activities With Unlicensed Financial Operators by oluwaseyi0: 7:48am On Apr 05, 2022
Nigerians owning the like of sokoloan will be like: I can't repay you because the fg ask me to shun you

10 Likes

Re: CBN Urges Nigerians To Shun Activities With Unlicensed Financial Operators by Whothecapfits: 7:48am On Apr 05, 2022
Doing business with however is strictly my private life.

Meanwhile thank CBN for their time

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN Urges Nigerians To Shun Activities With Unlicensed Financial Operators by YoungBlackRico(m): 7:49am On Apr 05, 2022
Waste of time, they won't listen.

2 Likes

Re: CBN Urges Nigerians To Shun Activities With Unlicensed Financial Operators by inoki247: 7:49am On Apr 05, 2022
lol wey people dey look for free money now I hear u.....

For say people dey hear word ordinary Sportybett, Bet9jaa nd co no go get customer again cos dat thing too chop people.....
Re: CBN Urges Nigerians To Shun Activities With Unlicensed Financial Operators by christaddicted: 7:50am On Apr 05, 2022
How do we know them?

2 Likes

Re: CBN Urges Nigerians To Shun Activities With Unlicensed Financial Operators by Triangles1(m): 7:50am On Apr 05, 2022
The highest thieves that can't implement how to track P.O.S subscribers.

Central Burglar of Nigeria.
Re: CBN Urges Nigerians To Shun Activities With Unlicensed Financial Operators by izzy4shizzy(m): 7:50am On Apr 05, 2022
Keep urging

Clowns
Re: CBN Urges Nigerians To Shun Activities With Unlicensed Financial Operators by PrinceOfLagos: 7:50am On Apr 05, 2022
Nigerians and online loans
Re: CBN Urges Nigerians To Shun Activities With Unlicensed Financial Operators by PrinceOfLagos: 7:50am On Apr 05, 2022
christaddicted:
How do we know them?
Loans apps are criminals

Avoid them

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Urges Nigerians To Shun Activities With Unlicensed Financial Operators by dfrost: 7:51am On Apr 05, 2022
The économy pushed Nigerians to them.
Re: CBN Urges Nigerians To Shun Activities With Unlicensed Financial Operators by christaddicted: 7:51am On Apr 05, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:

Loans apps are criminals

Avoid them

Honestly, they are.

1 Like

Re: CBN Urges Nigerians To Shun Activities With Unlicensed Financial Operators by occfx: 7:51am On Apr 05, 2022
Just fix Nigeria, ponzi schemes and illegal loam apps will die a natural death

1 Like

Re: CBN Urges Nigerians To Shun Activities With Unlicensed Financial Operators by dfrost: 7:52am On Apr 05, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:

Loans apps are criminals

Avoid them

By all means. grin

1 Like

Re: CBN Urges Nigerians To Shun Activities With Unlicensed Financial Operators by PrinceOfLagos: 7:52am On Apr 05, 2022
oluwaseyi0:
Nigerians owning the like of sokoloan will be like: I can't repay you because the fg ask me to shun you
Those online loan apps are criminals

Anybody owing them should not pay back

Why would they come to the country to do illegal business, be threatening people and still won't pay tax to the government

That's wrong
Re: CBN Urges Nigerians To Shun Activities With Unlicensed Financial Operators by tosyne2much(m): 7:52am On Apr 05, 2022
Sokoloan comes to mind cheesy
Re: CBN Urges Nigerians To Shun Activities With Unlicensed Financial Operators by yrex01(m): 7:52am On Apr 05, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:
Are they gonna listen..an average Nigerian is greedy..
Well that should be blamed on the west I guess or blame Nigeria as a country.. cry

Slava Nigeria.. grin cheesy kiss
slave noise

1 Like

Re: CBN Urges Nigerians To Shun Activities With Unlicensed Financial Operators by espn(m): 7:52am On Apr 05, 2022
Block them...Stop all this yeye advice.

1 Like

Re: CBN Urges Nigerians To Shun Activities With Unlicensed Financial Operators by dfrost: 7:53am On Apr 05, 2022
occfx:
Just fix Nigeria, ponzi schemes and illegal loam apps will die a natural death

I don't think so. Humans are naturally greedy all over the world. Although it will reduce to the barest minimum.

1 Like

Re: CBN Urges Nigerians To Shun Activities With Unlicensed Financial Operators by Kizyte(m): 7:53am On Apr 05, 2022
Useless CBN
Useless FG
Useless policies

1 Like

Re: CBN Urges Nigerians To Shun Activities With Unlicensed Financial Operators by FERNANDEZISBACK: 7:55am On Apr 05, 2022
yrex01:
slave noise
It sounds great to your ear right?
I want it to keep ringing all the days of your li**.. kiss

(1) (2) (Reply)

[FULL LIST] Ministers And Their Portfolios / Oil Theft Figures Are Outrageous & Unrealistic - Navy / Nnamdi Kanu With Nsibidi Encryptions On His Dress

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.