Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,492 members, 7,836,919 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:33 PM

US Increases Oil Imports From Russia - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / US Increases Oil Imports From Russia (28787 Views)

Food Imports From War Torn Ukraine Sparks Protests In Europe / Timipre Sylva: Nigerians Should Be Proud Of Fuel Imports From Niger Republic / US Cuts Nigerian Oil Imports By 11.67 Million Barrels (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Increases Oil Imports From Russia by Neddyogu(m): 9:41am On Apr 05, 2022
Are the Europeans fools? Why stick their necks out for Zelensky while the US who is supposed to be leading the way is pursuing her own interests? Na who no know uncle Sam dey take him word.
Re: US Increases Oil Imports From Russia by Oketwin(m): 9:41am On Apr 05, 2022
vonnelixir:
This is obviously fake news....
of course it is fake news because NTA nor show, Omo ale
Re: US Increases Oil Imports From Russia by Codeye(m): 9:41am On Apr 05, 2022
Dnlblessed:
not fake news.
Last year alone, US bought over 240 million barrel of oil from Russia
No offence! Are you US accountant general? Did you think Russia is the Major supplier of gas to. The US?
Re: US Increases Oil Imports From Russia by chronique(m): 9:43am On Apr 05, 2022
Benny6944:

OP shut down and stop spewing nonsense.

You only read us still import oil from Russia, your blind eyes never went through 22nd April set as deadline? importing oil at this point is still in line, but after 22nd is not worth it. so shush and stop the misinformation. Ops all round..

If only you had a brain and checked out the story elsewhere, you would have realized that they not only continued to ramp up imports but increased the nos significantly thereby, giving the said "enemy" more money. If they were sincere, they should have actually cut down on the nos, not increasing it.

4 Likes

Re: US Increases Oil Imports From Russia by plaindealer: 9:48am On Apr 05, 2022
kiddkash:
this is very sad.

Zelensky is not a wise leader. the world knows how powerful Russia is, but the only one that doesn't know is Zelensky.

imagine if it was Nigeria doing something like this to Benin, nothing like sanctions, the world will annihilate us.
but they can't do it to Russia, because Russia is very big and powerful. but Zelensky doesn't know or believe it.

instead of making peace, he is telling people who are not strong to fight and die. there is nothing glorious about death.

when your big brother at home wants to beat you, because you did something wrong, or he feels you wronged him,
there is a way you speak to him to make him calm and stop. something like.
I know you're my big brother, you're bigger and stronger than me, we're family, we aren't supposed to be fighting each
other, what will our parents think, and don't forget when brother fight to the death, a stranger inherits their properties.
we are supposed to love each other if not for ourselves, for our parents and our family name. please calm down and tell
me where I went wrong so that I can learn from you and do better.

there is no big brother that you'll speak to like this that won't calm down. if he wanted to kill you, he might just slap you
and stop

Russia is powerful and Zelensky is not wise..

Sadly for you, after 5 weeks of the war, powerful Russia still can not defeat Zelensky that is not a wise leader.
Putin is almost surrendering as we speak Zelensky drove him out of most od the towns held by the Russians, his military is target practice for Zelensky who was so brave to fly 2 helicopters into Russia undetected, blew up fuel depots, and returned undetected.

What kind of powerful country failed to detect 2 helicopters entering their airspace during the war?

Are you people not even ashamed for ridiculing the same Russia that you are promoting as a powerful nation, the same Russia that is struggling to defeat a small country like Ukraine that did not even have any serious army 5 weeks ago.

Russia is a weak and poor country with a useless and incompetent overrated leader.

1 Like

Re: US Increases Oil Imports From Russia by GistFullGround: 9:48am On Apr 05, 2022
BEWARE OF RUSSIAN PROPAGANDA!

They killed innocent people in Ukraine, yet they blame the US...

2 Likes

Re: US Increases Oil Imports From Russia by Benny6944: 9:50am On Apr 05, 2022
chronique:

If only you had a brain and checked out the story elsewhere, you would have realized that they not only continued to ramp up imports but increased the nos significantly thereby, giving the said "enemy" more money. If they were sincere, they should have actually cut down on the nos, not increasing it.

Op.. if they like let them import 1b barrel per day, deadline is not even close so why the misinfo as if its a big crime or something terrible just happened.. I tire for una useless comments on here
Re: US Increases Oil Imports From Russia by plaindealer: 9:50am On Apr 05, 2022
chronique:

What elsewhere? The same RT and other Russian propaganda outlets?

2 Likes

Re: US Increases Oil Imports From Russia by chronique(m): 9:51am On Apr 05, 2022
plaindealer:

What elsewhere? The same RT and other Russian propaganda outlets?

No. Pls do that job yourself. I'm not referencing Russian or Chinese media.
Re: US Increases Oil Imports From Russia by frankson1(m): 9:53am On Apr 05, 2022
tonididdy:

Oga drop your pistol.
Where did you see these demands?
Hey.... Nairalanders...

He/she has been pasting that information. You won't blame him because it's just the level of his understanding.

Just read comments and pass because they will never reason with you.

1 Like

Re: US Increases Oil Imports From Russia by plaindealer: 9:54am On Apr 05, 2022
Benny6944:

Op.. if they like let them import 1b barrel per day, deadline is not even close so why the misinfo as if its a big crime or something terrible just happened.. I tire for una useless comments on here

Me sef wonder o... I don't even think they understand what's going on or read the rubbish they post.

They are practically misinforming themselves with ignorance.

1 Like

Re: US Increases Oil Imports From Russia by kiddkash(m): 9:55am On Apr 05, 2022
plaindealer:

Russia is powerful and Zelensky is not wise..

Sadly for you, after 5 weeks of the war, powerful Russia still can not defeat Zelensky that is not a wise leader.
Putin is almost surrendering as we speak Zelensky drove him out of most od the towns held by the Russians, his military is target practice for Zelensky who was so brave to fly 2 helicopters into Russia undetected, blew up fuel depots, and returned undetected.

What kind of powerful country failed to detect 2 helicopters entering their airspace during the war?

Are you people not even ashamed for ridiculing the same Russia that you are promoting as a powerful nation, the same Russia that is struggling to defeat a small country like Ukraine that did not even have any serious army 5 weeks ago.

Russia is a weak and poor country with a useless and incompetent overrated leader.

google to find out who have the best air defense in the world. you really think they didn't know. it is all politics.
Re: US Increases Oil Imports From Russia by chronique(m): 9:58am On Apr 05, 2022
Benny6944:

Do you have sense at all? Why are you typing like your brain is a furniture that you carry around?

What is the essence of sanctioning Russian oil imports? Obviously because of the war and to starve them of funds in prosecuting the war. If we all agree to stop buying oil from Russia so as not to fund the war, why would it now be OK to speed up the quantity we import before the deadline? Isn't that an indirect way of giving them more money in advance? You say you have no problem with them even buying a billion barrels a day, do you understand what that means? That means you want to give them the money they would have earned in a year or two or more, in less than a month. It's like your boss paying you your salary for the next 5 years, in a lump sum under 1 month. Now, tell me how that becomes a morally acceptable move?
Re: US Increases Oil Imports From Russia by VictorUSA(m): 10:00am On Apr 05, 2022
chronique:
Lol. When we talk about the hypocrisy of the US, some dumb idiots will attribute it to lack/denial of visa. How do you tell the world that a certain government is bad and that people should avoid buying oil from them so as to starve them of funds from invading smaller countries, but you then go behind to increase your oil purchase from the same country? Isn't that pure hypocrisy at play? Why not stick to your principles and totally starve them of funds as you have proposed? Some morons will still come here to defend this as if their unbiblical cord was shipped to America at birth. For those who think most of us that criticize America, hate the US, hear this: we don't hate the US; we simply do not subscribe to the double standards and their leaders engage in. He who comes to equity must come with clean hands.
Umblical cord not unbiblical cord.

2 Likes

Re: US Increases Oil Imports From Russia by jamace(m): 10:00am On Apr 05, 2022
Is US buying the oil in ROUBLE? If yes, Russia has won the political and economic war. Zelensky is on his own o .

Life lesson...Don't assume people will always support you against the other person.
Re: US Increases Oil Imports From Russia by chronique(m): 10:01am On Apr 05, 2022
VictorUSA:
Umblical cord not unbiblical cord.

Typo error there. No mind me. Thanks for the correction.
Re: US Increases Oil Imports From Russia by HustlePro: 10:02am On Apr 05, 2022
ifex370:

Of what benefit is it to you if they are a laughing stock.

Focus on your country
You can see the misplaced priorities of Nigerians being displayed everyday. It is sad that we whose problems are more have time to engage in this waste of time... like wetin concern you and US or Russia?
Re: US Increases Oil Imports From Russia by Lekan239(m): 10:03am On Apr 05, 2022
kiddkash:
this is very sad.

Zelensky is not a wise leader. the world knows how powerful Russia is, but the only one that doesn't know is Zelensky.

imagine if it was Nigeria doing something like this to Benin, nothing like sanctions, the world will annihilate us.
but they can't do it to Russia, because Russia is very big and powerful. but Zelensky doesn't know or believe it.

instead of making peace, he is telling people who are not strong to fight and die. there is nothing glorious about death.

when your big brother at home wants to beat you, because you did something wrong, or he feels you wronged him,
I know you're my big brother, you're bigger and stronger than me, we're family, we aren't supposed to be fighting each
other, what will our parents think, and don't forget when brother fight to the death, a stranger inherits their properties.
we are supposed to love each other if not for ourselves, for our parents and our family name. please calm down and tell

there is no big brother that you'll speak to like this that won't calm down. if he wanted to kill you, he might just slap you
and stop
are Ukrainian democrat or citizens on this forum, are the US leaders or citizens seeing this ur post.

U guys should stop this Russia and Ukraine wahala pls. Carry am go Twitter
Re: US Increases Oil Imports From Russia by Benny6944: 10:03am On Apr 05, 2022
chronique:

Do you have sense at all? Why are you typing like your brain is a furniture that you carry around?

What is the essence of sanctioning Russian oil imports? Obviously because of the war and to starve them of funds in prosecuting the war. If we all agree to stop buying oil from Russia so as not to fund the war, why would it now be OK to speed up the quantity we import before the deadline? Isn't that an indirect way of giving them more money in advance? You say you have no problem with them even buying a billion barrels a day, do you understand what that means? That means you want to give them the money they would have earned in a year or two or more, in less than a month. It's like your boss paying you your salary for the next 5 years, in a lump sum under 1 month. Now, tell me how that becomes a morally acceptable move?

Your Ignorance and misconception is at its peak. Lord Have mercy on you.
Why don't you tackle terrorism and abject penury ravishing your country? speak when necessary, right now your silly opinion is not needed. Keep trying so hard to paint another black while your country is in dip shit
Re: US Increases Oil Imports From Russia by Ddokie: 10:03am On Apr 05, 2022
kiddkash:
this is very sad.

and stop

e no go even slap you. He'll only warn you and ask you to behave.

Ukranians are stupid, honestly. Na dem go suffer am pass.

Even the bible admonishes a king to be wise when going into battle with a greater king.

"Or suppose a king is about to go to war against another king. Won’t he first sit down and consider whether he is able with ten thousand men to oppose the one coming against him with twenty thousand? If he is not able, he will send a delegation while the other is still a long way off and will ask for terms of peace" Luke 14:31-32

6 Likes

Re: US Increases Oil Imports From Russia by plaindealer: 10:04am On Apr 05, 2022
chronique:

No. Pls do that job yourself. I'm not referencing Russian or Chinese media.

I did, but unfortunately for you, you did not do your own job because the fake news came from one single source, one Russian official, with no proof or any documented evidence.

And to make matters worse for you, there is still nothing wrong or missing per Americans buying Russian oil at the moment because the deadline to stop buying Russian oil is 2 weeks away so what is the essence of this silly info and propaganda?

Stop defending your own foolery.

I'd understand if the US keeps buying Russian oil after the ban goes into effect, but not before.

You people need to read credible news and follow current affairs to avoid embarrassing yourselves,.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Increases Oil Imports From Russia by bakar007: 10:04am On Apr 05, 2022
Shoodboi:
US ramps up oil imports from Russia, pursues own interests at expense of European allies amid Ukraine crisis

https://www.globaltimes.cn/page/202204/1257500.shtml
Europe wen nor wise , US will always pursue it own interest. They refused to sanction Russian fertilisers as that will affect the agric.sector of their economy leading to high food cost

2 Likes

Re: US Increases Oil Imports From Russia by chronique(m): 10:05am On Apr 05, 2022
Benny6944:

Your Ignorance and misconception is at its peak. Lord Have mercy on you.
Why don't you tackle terrorism and abject penury ravishing your country? speak when necessary, right now your silly opinion is not needed. Keep trying so hard to paint another black while your country is in dip shit

And it is your opinion that is needed? You might want to jump off a cliff if you're so pained and stop typing like a child that dropped to the floor and hit the head on concrete at child birth.
Re: US Increases Oil Imports From Russia by kiddkash(m): 10:05am On Apr 05, 2022
Kingpin1000:

I have a cousin when growing I was never scared of him, He was much bigger and stronger, He will beat me up and still buy things for me. Sometimes he estorts my money and still beat me up.
The day I became scared of him was when I was rounded up boy some boys in town, as a diobu boy,town boys were our enemies. I saw one puting on stella Maris college shorts, Immediately I told him I am the younger brother of king (not my cousins real name). One asked so you be Helelele brother naim you no talk since. I could see the fear of God in them, another said, leave am make him go, I no want helelele problem o. I went to my cousin's house to tell him He was like, you no know say my umbrella cover you.that was when I started respecting him.
please tell this to zelensky that doesn't have wisdom. truly wisdom is hard to acquire according to the book of proverbs

3 Likes

Re: US Increases Oil Imports From Russia by zeyt: 10:06am On Apr 05, 2022
This is fake news.

1 Like

Re: US Increases Oil Imports From Russia by kiddkash(m): 10:07am On Apr 05, 2022
Lekan239:
are Ukrainian democrat or citizens on this forum, are the US leaders or citizens seeing this ur post.

U guys should stop this Russia and Ukraine wahala pls. Carry am go Twitter
it pains me when someone doesn't apply wisdom, knowledge and understanding. my people perish for lack of knowledge
Re: US Increases Oil Imports From Russia by zeyt: 10:08am On Apr 05, 2022
Nigerian journalism almost everything is fake or exaggerated.

1 Like

Re: US Increases Oil Imports From Russia by omohayek: 10:08am On Apr 05, 2022
Oddfinder:
I'm happy gullible and emotional nairaland ppl are seeing the hypocrisy and deceptive nature of the US.
The gullible ones here are those who posted a story from a "news" site owned and run by a totalitarian communist state, about a mere statement from the ambassador of a regime notorious for lying brazenly, without any reputable sources to back it whatsoever, treating this fresh new lie as if it were official news from the US government! Even worse are the either gullible or Russia-bought "moderators" who love to post such transparent nonsense to the front page.

2 Likes

Re: US Increases Oil Imports From Russia by plaindealer: 10:10am On Apr 05, 2022
kiddkash:

google to find out who have the best air defense in the world. you really think they didn't know. it is all politics.

Yet, unwise Zalensky and small Ukrain still managed to enter Russia with 2 helicopters and destroyed Russian infrastructures and return undetected..

Best ko, fabulous ni.

After 5 weeks, powerful Russia can not defeat small Ukraine, Putin lost more than 5 generals and thousands of troops to unwise Zelensky, Ukraine is still standing, fighting and not retreating, but weak and incompetent Russia is retreating back into the hell hole they came from..

Are you people even following this war or you are just too busy peddling putin propaganda?
Re: US Increases Oil Imports From Russia by kiddkash(m): 10:11am On Apr 05, 2022
Ddokie:

e no go even slap you. He'll only warn you and ask you to behave.

Ukranians are stupid, honestly. Na dem go suffer am pass.

Even the bible admonishes a king to be wise when going into battle with a greater king.

"Or suppose a king is about to go to war against another king. Won’t he first sit down and consider whether he is able with ten thousand men to oppose the one coming against him with twenty thousand? If he is not able, he will send a delegation while the other is still a long way off and will ask for terms of peace" Luke 14:31-32
Zelensky is not wise. the day I gained true wisdom is after reading the book of proverbs and ecclesiastes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

MURIC Reacts To NJC’s Decision On CJN, Onnoghen / Reuben Abati’s Tweet Over Dana Air Crash Stirs Anger / Obasanjo Blackmailing President Elect- Senator Rowland Owie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.